Eudora (v 6.0.3) Doesnt Highlight New Mail. Always Have To Scroll Down To See New Mail.

Even with one new email, in the window showing who, date, time, etc,
after receiving new email, the scroll bar scrolls up, forcing me to
scroll down to see what new messages there are.
Any fix for this?  I would think it would highlight and let you view
at least the first message, with later messages beneath that first
one.
0
Connor

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:18:01 -0400, Connor <connor@huh.com>   wrote:

>Even with one new email, in the window showing who, date, time, etc,
>after receiving new email, the scroll bar scrolls up, forcing me to
>scroll down to see what new messages there are.
>Any fix for this?  I would think it would highlight and let you view
>at least the first message, with later messages beneath that first
>one.

Tools -> Options -> Mailboxes

check:  FUMLUB
--
Ajo Wissink
0

new mail does not always show up in the new mail panel
I keep pegasus open with the New Mail Panel visible. But sometimes my incoming new mail does not show up in the new mail panel nor does it ring my "new mail sound". To see it I have to go to some other folder and then return to the New Mail Folder. Then the new mail pops up in the New Mail Panel. -- Pat (To respond by email please remove "MYPANTS" from the email address at the top.) ...

Eudora scrolls to new messages when new mail is downloaded
I am using Eudora 7.1 with a POP server and the following happens: - I have Eudora set to check email every x minutes. - I am reading an older email in my Inbox using the preview pane. - Eudora checks email and receives new mail. - After the mail is received, Eudora automatically scrolls the Inbox to the bottom so that the new mail is selected, and the new mail is displayed in the preview pane. The resulting problems are: - My reading of the older email is interrupted. - The older email is not even selected anymore, so I have to go hunt for it again to...

New and new and always new mail
Hi, I use Eudora 7.0 (fr) and many POP e-mail accounts. I set up as many personalities as e-mail accounts. For each personalitie including <Dominant> I set all these parameters in Eudora.ini : -+-+-+-+-+-+ LeaveMailOnServer=1 LeaveOnServerDays=22 DeleteMailFromServer=1 ServerDelete=1 MarkAsDeleted=1 -+-+-+-+-+-+ 1/- Eudora ckeck for mail at start up. All new mails are in 'Inbox'. 2/- If : a/- If I check for mail manually : nothing else, but, b/- If I close Eudora and restart it, of course Eudora does a mail check... and I am notified of new mail...

New Mail not appearing when opening Eudora ver. 6.0
I used to have new mail when opening Eudora, now that feature is gone. Any way to get it back? Thanks folks On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:42:45 -0500, LRV wrote: > I used to have new mail when opening Eudora, > now that feature is gone. Any way to get it back? Do you mean: o No new mail is ever found in your "In" mailbox? [this requires more details if so] o No mail check is automatically performed when starting Eudora? For this case, go to Tools > Options > Checking Mail See "Check for mail every [nn] minutes" [set "nn" greate...

Changing Mail/No mail Icons in Eudora 6.0 for OSX
Greetings -- I've been using Eudora for many years and have always hated the icons that appear in their alerts for "You have new mail" [the pigs] and "You have no new mail" [rabbit in the hat]. In OS9, I just fired up ResEdit and replaced these amateurish graphics with something more attractive. Now that I'm migrating to OSX, I want to change the Eudora icons once again, but nothing I've tried gets me close. I've looked at the package contents and found some tantalizing possibilities. But "Eudora.icns" contains only the application i...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Eudora 6.0.1.1 suddenly showing new mail as read
Title says all. Happens most of the time but not always. And only to one of the three accounts that I check. This just started today after I made a new filter that attepted to change personalities after an address book match. I eventually deleted the filter and then noticed that most new mail to one of my three accounts is shown as read. Not sure if the two are actually related or not. And no, the remaining filters do not change the status of mail. This could I guess be a server issue, so I'll see what happens when I get home tonight and start checking with my copy of Eudora 6.1.latest. Anyone else seen this behavior? Paul Paul Goelz Rochester Hills, Michigan USA paul at pgoelz dot com http://pgoelz.com On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:20:52 -0400, Paul Goelz <noname@leave.me.alone.com> wrote: > >This could I guess be a server issue, so I'll see what happens when I >get home tonight and start checking with my copy of Eudora 6.1.latest. > >Anyone else seen this behavior? Never mind! I came home to find that I had inadvertently left my laptop running at home. It was checking mail every four minutes and I assume this is why Eudora at work showed them as READ.... they were downloaded after the Laptop at home got them. It would also explain why not all the mails were marked READ. I think..... Sorry, Paul Paul Goelz pgoelzateaglequestdotcom Rochester Hills, Michigan On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18...

Transferring Eudora Addresses from older mac using OS 8.6 and Eudora 5.1 to new iMac using Panther !0.3 and Eudora 6.1
I have looked at all items on the strings appropriate or close to this problem back to May2004 with no useful input. I saved my old Eudora folder from my old machine on to a CD. I then loaded this into the new iMac and copied the Eudora Folder (not the applications folder) on to the desktop thinking Eudora 6.1 would see it and do the business. I had previously loaded up Eudora 6.1 (which seems to be working perfectly in all other aspects) and when it asked if I wanted to import infor from another application I said yes to..."from other". ( Eudora is not among these tha...

some new mails only appear in new mail folder after restart
Hi, after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. They appear in the new mail folder after I restart pegasus. Can anyone help? Thanx "MO" <moDELETEmads@gDELETEmx.de> wrote: > after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that > Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow > repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. > They appear in the new mail folder after I restar...

Eudora 6 New Mail Indicator
My new mail envelope, (in the system tray) always reads 0 new mail. But, the new mail tones play, and I *have* new mail. Any tweaks to get it to show the number of new mails received? Eudora 6, paid mode. Rick -- Air-Pollution is a mist-demeanor. Rick wrote: > My new mail envelope, (in the system tray) always reads 0 new mail. > But, the new mail tones play, and I *have* new mail. Any tweaks to get > it to show the number of new mails received? Eudora 6, paid mode. > > Rick > Anyone? Rick -- Q. How do you identify a bald eagle? A. All h...

how do I stop new mail folder opening when new mail arrives
Since I reinstalled Pegasus and redid the hierarchy folder, every time I receive new mail, the new mail folder opens. As far, as I can remember, this didn't use to happen - the new mail used to arrive in the new mail folder in Folder manager, then I clicked on the new mail folder using Preview. I don't have Open new mail folder on startup ticked, and can't see what else I can tick/untick Dear Tom, In Tools/Options/Incoming Mail/Folders, tick Crtl+W Tom Thanks, Tom Tom On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:01:15 +0000, Tom Barkas <tom@barkas.co.uk> wrotg: >Dea...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so they'll be available in Mozilla as well? -- Hallvard Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: > In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the > attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message > itself, encoded in BASE-64. > > > How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so > they'll be available in Mozilla as well? > > Hi. Try this plugin http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm#exporter -- mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index Brana Bujenovic wrote: > Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in > news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: >> How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so >> they'll be ...

Weird: Eudora ALWAYS says I have new mail
Greetings! I have the current 6.0 beta of Eudora on OS X 10.2.6. Just this morning (two days after I started using it) Eudora has started the mystifying practice of announcing I have new mail every single time I check (I have it set to check every 10 minutes, so lots of the time I don't have new mail). This happens even when there is definitely no new mail. I have sorted by read/unread and scanned all the unread messages to see if any of them could be new. I am running Spamnix, but nothing is being diverted into the Spamnix mailbox when I get the false message. I can't think o...

Copy/Paste mail from one mail.box to a new mail.box
Occassionally, we have to allow the server to create new mail boxes on server restart. When we realize we have an issue, we stop Domino, rename the current mail boxes and then new ones get created by the server. We are wondering if there is a tool that would automatically copy and paste the emails in the orginal mail boxes to the new mail boxes. TIA, It must be a dedicated tool, since copying documents to the mail.box is not allowed: It was a potential leak in security. I believe that since version 5 it is changed and copying docs to the mail.box is disabled. greetzz, Dick &...

[9fans] new mail in acme Mail, only the last highlighted
Hello 9fans, I've been using Mail program for acme to read my Google mail via imaps. When a new e-mail arrives, Mail highlighs the row (it is selected). However, at least for me, only the last e-mail is highlighted, even when more than one e-mail have come. Is it only my problem? Has anyone changed the behaviour so that all unread e-mails stay highlighted? Thanks for coments! Ruda ...

Only show new mail tray icon on non-filtered new mail
Now that regulars have given me the answer to my only make a sound when non-filtered out messages land in my inbox (woohoo!) my next problem to tackle with Eudora 4.2.0.58 is the tray icons. Specifically, when new mail comes in, the little icon pops up in the tray to indicate as such. Is there a way to make that only come up if the new mail hasn't been filtered out (i.e. SPAM that gets trashed, etc.) I've tried several settings in the filters like specifying the Notify User option then clearing the checkboxes for everything, and choosing the Make Status option then ...

Losing Mail on New Eudora 7.1.0.9
Just upgraded to Eudora 7.1.0.9 and am using Mail Washer Pro 4.1. I can turn off mail washer and check for mail in Eudora. Eudora shows 6 new messages in the system tray however when I get the messages I see only one new message. Where did the other 5 go? With Mail Washer off and 6 messages to process I'd think I would see all 6 messages. Any help would be appreciated. I understand that Eudora and Mail Washer are two separate programs and that On Process Mail in Mail Washer all Mail Washer does is delete the marked messages and start Eudora. Eudora should then pick up all the me...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Eudora 6.2.3.4 Check Mail Window
Hi! Is there a way for the check mail window to appear automatically once Eudora comes up, or does one always have to click the check mail icon? Cheers, Vincent On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:41:27 GMT, Vincent <vze4dppm@verizon.net> wrote: >Is there a way for the check mail window to appear automatically once >Eudora comes up, or does one always have to click the check mail icon? Enter a positive value in Tools > Options > Checking Mail > Check for mail every [ n ] minutes -- Ajo Wissink ...

Eudora 6 : Win2K : Getting A Beep On New Mail Arrival
Hi; Our network staff just upgraded me to Eudora 6. I no longer get a beep when new mail arrives. I looked through the options but did not find an option for this. Anyone know who I can set Eudora up to play a sound when new mail arrives? Steve On 2 Dec 2003 07:50:03 -0800, stevesusenet@yahoo.com (Steve) wrote: >Anyone know who I can set Eudora up to play a sound when new mail arrives? Tools -> Options -> Getting Attention -> Play a sound -- Ajo Wissink Ajo Wissink <ajo@notrealaddress.invalid> wrote in message news:<17gpsvked9e8ln9090b5ihu236...

Eudora 6.1.1.1 new mail alert issues
I am on my third email in three weeks to support on these issues. I think their email support just sends it to the bit bucket. To date, I have had zero response back. Getting frustrated that I paid for this program and getting zero support. Unfortunatly I can't call them when they are open. Issues are: 1) When only Junk mail is received, the attention sound is played. The attention sound will play if you have any unread messages in any folder (including Junk). As your mail is filtered, it places your spam in your junk folder and leaves the messages with the status "unread". A workaround (I found in this newsgroup) is to turn off the attention sound and create a folder + filter to move your mail from your inbox and play a sound. Ok.. a pretty ugly hack, but works. They could solve the attention sound issue by playing the sound when the "new mail has arrived" icon appears in the system tray instead of checking for unread messages. 2) Eudora claims new messages have arrived in the system tray icon, but when you open up Eudora, nothing appears to have arrived. Looks like it is just counting the new messages downloaded, but doesn't subtract what was filtered to the junk folder. Not sure what to do here as it is cricitcal for me to be alerted when NEW and VALID email has arrived, not JUNK and UNREAD messages. Any ideas? Hi, 6.1.2 is out. I heard it fixed some address book is...

New mail doesn't appear in new mail folder in grouped view
I just upgraded from 4.12 to 4.21c. Overall, I'm impressed with some of the new features. However, while setting up the settings, I somehow got the thing into state where when you download mail from the ISP, the new messages come in, and I can see the new .cnm files in the mail directory, however they don't show up in the new mail folder. This used to happen to me occasionally with the old version of Pegasus, however I could hit the File/Read New Mail menu option, and the new messages would pop in. This doesn't work for me with 4.21c. The strange thing is tha...

"new mail" notification at startup (when there isn't any new mail)
I'm new to using IMAP with mutt, and I notice suddenly that for the first five seconds after I open mutt, I get a "2 boxes w/new mail" notification in the index status bar. Then it disappears. This occurs when there is no new mail in any of my mailboxes. This mutt is being run from a NetBSD shell account that I access via ssh. This has to be related to my IMAP setup (the admin of this account only allows access to its mail server now via IMAP). Anyone know what's causing this or how can I stop it? Tnaks for any tips. Mutt 1.5.21 (2010-09-15) Copyright...

Web resources about - Eudora (v 6.0.3) Doesnt Highlight New Mail. Always Have To Scroll Down To See New Mail. - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Magic Tour Highlights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Magic Tour Highlights is an EP by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band , which consists of four live audio tracks and their accompanying videos, ...

Facebook Weekly Highlights Brings You Justice (As In Victoria), More Will Ferrell
Facebook Weekly Highlights features photos and videos posted to the social network by celebrities and athletes. This week’s edition featured ...

Joe Tapine saga highlights need for urgent think tank to fix NRL 'meat market'
Joseph Tapine now knows how Justin Hodges felt in 2001.

New Zealand v Australia cricket 2016: Live scores and coverage from second Test. Commentary, video highlights ...
BRENDON McCullum hit the fastest every Test hundred before finally being dismissed for 145 as the retiring batsman cut a swathe through Australia’s ...

Joe Tapine saga highlights need for urgent think tank to fix NRL 'meat market'
Joseph Tapine now knows how Justin Hodges felt in 2001.&nbsp;

Global satellite map highlights sensitivity of Australia's plants to changes in rainfall and temperature ...
Australia's outback plants may have given up, according to maps tracking the impact of changing climatic conditions on ecosystems.

Africa highlights: Thursday 18 February 2016 as it happened - BBC News BBC News
That's all from our coverage of Uganda's presidential and parliamentary elections for today. The long delay in getting the vote going in some ...

Grammy Awards: 2016 winners and highlights
Ghost accepting their Best Metal Performance Grammy earlier today... The pre-telecast Grammys have all been given out Kendrick Lamar has already ...

Grammys 2016: Highlights, winners and best moments
All the winners and craziest moments from music's biggest night

Highlights: Two third-period goals lift Sharks past Lightning
... Login Search form Search 64° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Highlights: ...