Export from Eudora to Eudora

Just trying to make a backup copy of all my email address in case of a hard
drive crash.

What file should I make a copy of?

Thanks,

Barney
0
Barney

In article <Xns9BF9718D533LeicaLeicacom@69.16.185.250>, Leica@Leica.com says...

> Just trying to make a backup copy of all my email address in case of a hard
> drive crash.
>
> What file should I make a copy of?

  Address Book:
  =============
  Should be 3 files total.  These files are located in the *EUDORA*
  directory.

  Address Book:
  1. NNDBASE.TOC - Address Book Table of Contents
  2. NNDBASE.TXT - Address Book

  Recipient List:
  3. RCPDBASE.TXT - Quick Recipient List

  Plus, for Eudora Pro 2.x+ versions, whatever is in the *NICKNAME*
  directory.

  And... possibly anything you may have in the ExtraNicknameDirs directory
  if you defined this in the EUDORA.INI file.

  Note 1: When restoring a corrupted address book, you only need the
          NNDBASE.TXT file. Eudora will rebuild the NNDBASE.TOC file
          without loss of data.  This is not always the case however
          with *.mbx files.  Eudora can lose data when rebuilding those
          corresponding *.toc files that go with mailbox pairs.

  Note 2: If using Eudora 6.x+  and you have enabled:
          Tools | Options | Miscellaneous |
          Hide addressbooks from simple viruses.

          The *.txt files will have the *.nnt file extension.

  Try:
  Transfer address book to another computer
  http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1359hq.html

  Address book -- how to
  http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1310hq.html

  Nickname Expansion
  http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1643hq.html

  Address Book Broken/Erased
  http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/tutorials/win_splitter.html

  For printing try:
  Tony Greene's Address Book to HTML converter
  http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/eudora/
  --
  Over and Out
  Daniel Jacobson

0
daniel12
4/26/2009 7:20:46 AM
daniel12@iadfw.net (Daniel Jacobson) wrote in

>   Try:
>   Transfer address book to another computer
>   http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1359hq.html
>
>   Address book -- how to
>   http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1310hq.html
>
>   Nickname Expansion
>   http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1643hq.html
>
>   Address Book Broken/Erased
>   http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/tutorials/win_splitter.html
>
>   For printing try:
>   Tony Greene's Address Book to HTML converter
>   http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/eudora/
>   --
>   Over and Out
>   Daniel Jacobson

Wow, that's quite a list!  I'll be looking into it.

Thanks,

Barney
0
Barney
5/13/2009 5:13:33 PM
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 02:02:32 -0500, Barney wrote:

> Just trying to make a backup copy of all my email addresses
> in case of a hard drive crash.
>
> What file should I make a copy of?

If you want to make a backup of _everything_
(mail, settings, address book, etc.)
just make a "zip" backup of your mail "Data" folder,
whose path is displayed in "Help" | "About Eudora";
click on that path to open in Windows Explorer (v 7.1 only).

Also keep your original Eudora program installer.

If that's been lost, get another from
http://eudora.com/download/ (version 7.1)
http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2350hq.html (old versions)
http://eudora.com/techsupport/manuals.html/ (manuals)
http://eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2515hq.html (old manuals)

If you are using version 7.x in "Paid" mode with "X1" feature
(indexed search), then also keep a copy of program file "x1lib.dll"
(no longer installed, nor available for download from Qualcomm)

John

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include t...

Windows Eudora to Mac Eudora
Trying to get all my Windows Eudora v7.1 email folders/mailboxes converted to Mac Eudora 6.2 but the instructions on Qualcomm's site are incomplete. Does anyone have a step-by-step solution that they know works? Also - in the Windows version, the mailbox/folder list docks on the left side of the screen (above where Eudora used to have ads. Is there any way in the Mac version to control window placement and docking? One last question - Is this the only place to get active Eudora discussion/user support, or are there other forums for Mac users that are still active? Thanks...

Window eudora to Mac eudora
Hi All, I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to Mac? Thanks in advance, <saipak@alumni.polyu.edu.hk> wrote: > I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the > eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to > Mac? There are ways to do this quite easily. Others, who have done it, will surely reply here in detail, but in the mean time look at <www.emailman.com/conversion> and see if what you nee...

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors ma...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Import from Eudora to Eudora???!!?
I am a Eudora 5.1 user and I just upgraded to 7. I'm shocked to discover that there's no way to simply say "take all of my accounts and filters and settings and stuff into 7". I have to re-enter all of my filters? All of my personalities? Are they kidding? I must be missing a menu option here, please help. thx Check out http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=7505 dterrors@hotmail.com wrote: > I am a Eudora 5.1 user and I just upgraded to 7. I'm shocked to > discover that there's no way to simply say "take all of my accoun...

Importing from Eudora to Eudora
Trying to import Eudora 5.2 mailboxes from the old computer into Eudora 6.0 on the new computer. (Networked and otherwise talking well). The Import/Export function doesn't find any valid mailboxes on the old system. Are they hidden elsewhere? Strange hidden proceedure? Me being too obtuse? Also am trying to avoid a copy/paste situation since we've been using the new computer for emails and don't want to loose anything downloaded since installation. Thanks in advance Thren@worldnet.att.net > > The Import/Export function doesn't find any valid mailb...

Eudora for Windows mailboxes to Eudora for Mac
My searching has found numerous who have experienced my problem, but never a conclusion on how they fixed it. I've been using Eudora on Windows for many, many years... have several GB of email... and now I want to switch my environment over to Mac OS X... but my mail has to switch. Either Eudora for Mac or Apple Mail... but neither seems to import Eudora for Windows mail! Argh! Anyway, I've tried numerous things... including, of course, following the directions provided by Eudora, the directions found on MacNN, and directions found here. I've pulled over all the ...

Eudora Mac vs Eudora Windows
My husband uses Eudora 5 (sponsored) on his Mac (OS9) and Outlook on his Windows XP machine at work. He wants me to install Eudora at work because he hates Outlook. Most of his contacts are the same at home and office, so can I just drop a copy of his Eudora Address Book file into his Windows machine or is the Windows version a different type of file? If this can be done, where on the PC should I look for the Address Book to replace with the Mac file? nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote: > My husband uses Eudora 5 (sponsored) on his Mac (OS9) and Outlook on his >...

Question about importing Eudora mail into Eudora 6.2
I just downloaded Eudora 6.2 and want it to import all the settings and mail from my old Eudora 4.2 OS 8.x program. It came with a import feature, but it would only work if I was using a later Eudora as my version was too old. Back in 2001 In tried Eudora 5.x or whatever version was latest at that time, but for some reason did not like it, or perhaps did not want to pay the money, so I removed it. Eudora 6.2 when installed copied all the Eudora 5.x settings and mail it so appears. Even though I am know running OS X, and I was then running OS 9.1. When I moved to OSX I did copy my...

PC Eudora to Mac Eudora
I just tried migrating from PC Eudora (with .toc files, etc) to Mac Eudora under MacOS 10.5 - and I can't get any of the suggestions to work. The files were transferred via USB flash drive The Mac version appears to use the resource fork, regardless of whether the "use old style .toc" is checked or not. When I move the files over, the .mbx files are recognized as Eudora files (in the "kind" column of a finder window). . When I remove the .mbx extension, it no longer is recognized as such. The mailboxes I make inside Eudora, which have no extension, are reco...

Mac Eudora to Windows Eudora: losing recipient names in OUT.mbx
I've created new mailboxes, and copied all my business emails over to new IN and OUT mailboxes (with different, names). The remaining emails are personal emails and the IN and OUT mailboxes remain on the Mac with those personal emails only. I transfer the new MP-IN.mbx with the business emails via Fetch to an FTP server, using ASCII (text) conversion. I download the files from the FTP server to the PC using a PC-compatible FTP client into a new folder and these then open perfectly in the Eudora for Windows in that computer. However, when I do the same process with the business...

Difference between Eudora and Eudora Pro
In version 6, what is the difference between Eudora and Eudora Pro? On the Eudora website they refer only to Eudora Paid, Sponsored and Light modes. What has "Pro" got to do with Eudora? Rachel M <rachel_m@nicks.com> wrote in news:943B9B7602967rachel.ntlworld@130.133.1.4: > What has "Pro" got to do with Eudora? I think they dropped "Pro" when moodwatch came out because only an idiot would create something as useless and UN-PRO-fessional as it is. Rachel M <rachel_m@nicks.com> wrote: >In version 6, what is the difference...

Eudora nicknames to Eudora on Palm ?
I am on a mac so there is no hot sync between the Eudora in Eudora Internet Suite on the Palm and Eudora on the mac. However I can hot sync the Eudora on the mac address book to the Palm address book. Can I somehow get these email addresses into Eudora on the Palm ? Thanks - Michael ...

Web resources about - Export from Eudora to Eudora - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Export - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An export of a good occurs when there is a change of ownership from a resident to a non-resident; this does not necessarily imply that the good ...

Export - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An export of a good occurs when there is a change of ownership from a resident to a non-resident; this does not necessarily imply that the good ...

Facebook To Developers: No Using Platform To Export User Data To Other Social Networks
Facebook issued a stern reminder to developers that its platform cannot be used to export user data to other social networks without permission. ...

Facebook Users Can Now Opt Into Letting Friends Export Their Email Addresses via Download Your Information ...
Previously, Facebook's Download Your Information tool let users export an archive of their status updates, photos, as well as a list of friends' ...

... Instagram and how they own your pictures (not mine, I never used the service) it raises the question as to why Twitter is letting us export ...

Export Import Business Group
Here we are, people in the business of export and import from all over the world. I invite you people also to join for more info of the business ...

Contacts Backup & Transfer - Sync, copy and export your whole address book in vcard/vcf format on the ...
Get Contacts Backup & Transfer - Sync, copy and export your whole address book in vcard/vcf format on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Services exports a silver lining
Weâre now enjoying an overall international tourism surplus after many years of Australiansâ wanderlust and a high dollar delivering a deficit. ...