Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)

For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and
Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both
platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my
mail needs.

I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format
mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements.

In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the
attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message
itself, encoded in BASE-64.

How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so
they'll be available in Mozilla as well?

--
Hallvard
0

Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in
> In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the
> attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message
> itself, encoded in BASE-64.
>

> How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so
> they'll be available in Mozilla as well?

Hi. Try this plugin
http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm#exporter

--
mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com

http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index
0
Brana
10/22/2004 12:07:52 PM
Brana Bujenovic wrote:

> Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in

>> How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so
>> they'll be available in Mozilla as well?
>
> Hi. Try this plugin
> http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm#exporter

That's great news!
I've downloaded the plugin now, placed it in the Eudora "plugins"
directory, and found it in the "Tools" menu in Eudora.
But it tells me "This plugin requires Eudora automation".

So i download and install "Eudora automation", but I have no idea how to
use this. Could you please give me a few pointers?

--
Hallvard
0
>> http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm#exporter
>
> That's great news!
> I've downloaded the plugin now, placed it in the Eudora "plugins"
> directory, and found it in the "Tools" menu in Eudora.
> But it tells me "This plugin requires Eudora automation".
>
> So i download and install "Eudora automation", but I have no idea how to
> use this. Could you please give me a few pointers?

Sure, just chack "Automation enabled from this mashine". It's under
Tools/Options/Automation (in Eudora)

(there is nothing to install, it's just program option)

--
mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com

http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index
0
Brana

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors ma...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Importing Eudora mail into Apple Mail
Having used Eudora for too many years, I now have a real mess in the references to attachments. Many of the attachments are no longer accessible from the messages that they arrived in, even though they are still in the attachments folder. The main issue here is that I have moved Eudora to a new machine every few years, and the startup disk has typically had a new name. This in itself is not a big problem, and Eudora still seems able to find the files. (But it does leave the reference in the mailbox with the old disk's name.) However, the other part of the reference is the...

Eudora in mail attachments
I'm trying to find out where in coming email attachments are directed. I'm curious plus I'm trying to make sure when I get spam I delete any associated attachments. I know I can set an attachments folder for downloads but I gather some attachments go to a Spool Folder. Don't understand what type of attachments are sent where and why.. Sometimes when I delete emails the attachments are sent to my Mac's trash folder but not always. Would appreciate any tips on this. Thanks. BTW, I use Eudora 6.2 with OS X 10.3.9. -- Please send email to: nwhiii at yaho...

Importing Mail/Address book to Eudora from Mail app
As per the header. What I can't seem to do is using the Import command from within Eudora is to import the contents of my Mac Address Book into Eudora. Also importing mailboxes, for some reason Eudora duplicates them into 2 lots of mailboxes, most likely from when I used to run 2 accounts in Mail. Is there any way of merging the 2 boxes into 1? I'm using a G5 iMac Power PC. Thank you, Peter P.S. Please note that the e-mail address given is a spam trap. My correct e-mail address is peterNOSPAM@pfjames.NOTHANKS.co.uk Remove the obvious to reply -- He spoke wit...

Getting Eudora Mail to Apple Mail from A Different Computer
i have tons of email in my Eudora program on my old iMac which i need to transfer somehow into my Apple email program on my Powerbook. can someone PLEASE tell me how best to do this? i created a network between the Powerbook and the iMac but when i opened the Eudora program on the iMac, there were no messages in it. however, as soon as i disconnected the network, i was able to see all the mail in the iMac Eudora program. i have no idea why. perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain and also how to transfer all this stuff. thanx. Hi, > i have tons of email in my E...

Question about importing Eudora mail into Eudora 6.2
I just downloaded Eudora 6.2 and want it to import all the settings and mail from my old Eudora 4.2 OS 8.x program. It came with a import feature, but it would only work if I was using a later Eudora as my version was too old. Back in 2001 In tried Eudora 5.x or whatever version was latest at that time, but for some reason did not like it, or perhaps did not want to pay the money, so I removed it. Eudora 6.2 when installed copied all the Eudora 5.x settings and mail it so appears. Even though I am know running OS X, and I was then running OS 9.1. When I moved to OSX I did copy my...

On Mail Check, Eudora Dumps Hundreds of Old E-mails
This happened once before, but I can't quite remember why. Also I have been prompted for my password recently, hadn't done that for years! Could these be related? And how do I suppress the downloading of old e-mails? Thanks. Frank frank1492 wrote: > > This happened once before, but I can't quite remember why. Also I have > been prompted for my password recently, hadn't done that for years! > Could these be related? And how do I suppress the downloading of > old e-mails? It sounds like you're leaving mail on the server...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Changing Mail/No mail Icons in Eudora 6.0 for OSX
Greetings -- I've been using Eudora for many years and have always hated the icons that appear in their alerts for "You have new mail" [the pigs] and "You have no new mail" [rabbit in the hat]. In OS9, I just fired up ResEdit and replaced these amateurish graphics with something more attractive. Now that I'm migrating to OSX, I want to change the Eudora icons once again, but nothing I've tried gets me close. I've looked at the package contents and found some tantalizing possibilities. But "Eudora.icns" contains only the application i...

No mail to Eudora
I cannot send or receive any email on Eudora. My ISP is Comcast, so I set up my incoming server as mail.comcast.net, my outgoing server as smtp.comcast.net, my username and password are those given to me by Comcast. What d=could be the problem? Bob <brunkel@acm.org> wrote: > I cannot send or receive any email on Eudora. My ISP is Comcast, so I > set up my incoming server as mail.comcast.net, my outgoing server as > smtp.comcast.net, my username and password are those given to me by > Comcast. What d=could be the problem? It is hard to help you if you don't tell us more than this. What happens when you try to send or receive mail? Which version of Eudora are you using? Do you have a firewall and if so, is it set to allow Eudora to connect? Do you have antivirus software that is set to scan incoming and outgoing mail? Are those server names the ones given to you by Comcast? Are you sure you're entering your user name correctly? (Some servers need the whole email address, others just use the first part before the "@"/) -- Katrina Ms. Knight - I got it to work due to another Eudora Newsgroup member (forgot his name, by going into Tools/Options/Checking Mail, and changed my Receiving SSL O If available, STARTLLS, and all was OK..I have another problem: When I want to transfer an email message to another folder, I Right Click on the message, and select Transfer, but often it doesn't give me a ...

Cannot Get To Mail in My yorkere@sbcglobal.net ; Eudora Keeps Reporting No Mail...
Group: Using Eudora version 7.1.0.9; my Dominant is yorker@yorker.delta.net, and my other account is yorkere@sbcglobal.net...at yahoo.com All of a sudden Eudora keeps reporting there is no mail from yorkere@sbcglobal.net, but when I go into that account using my browser, at ATT.net, there is mail, which I can access using my FireFox. There was a message from Yahoo.mail about their new version of Yahoo.mail, and it now refers to me as "yorkere@yahoo.com vice yorkere@sbcglobal.net. Does this mean I need to get into the "personality" for SBC Yahoo.mail and change...

error when trying to get mail from eudora after changing setting for g.mail
Hello out there! I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora mail client in conjunction with gmail. When I atemp to check my mail, I end up waiting for what feels like forever, only to get the message: Error: reading from the network. Cause: Eudora got tired of waiting for the server. (10100) Any suggestions for me? I am using Eudora in light mode, but supposably this shouldn't be part of the problem. Thanks! Critterlover On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 14:02:23 -0500: > I followed to the LETTER the instructions on setting up my eudora > mail ...

Export from Eudora to Eudora
Just trying to make a backup copy of all my email address in case of a hard drive crash. What file should I make a copy of? Thanks, Barney In article <Xns9BF9718D533LeicaLeicacom@69.16.185.250>, Leica@Leica.com says... > Just trying to make a backup copy of all my email address in case of a hard > drive crash. > > What file should I make a copy of? Address Book: ============= Should be 3 files total. These files are located in the *EUDORA* directory. Address Book: 1. NNDBASE.TOC - Address Book Table of Contents 2. NNDBASE.T...

Eudora Pro Problem
I am a long time Eudora Pro user. I have never had a problem with it. I am using Eudora Pro 7.1.0.9. When downloading my e-mail. I had an error message which shut down Eudora Pro. When I re-opened Eudora Pro there was a message in the task area which read "recovering mail received during previous session." <Dominant>. When I re-open Eudora Pro I keep getting a message, "Eudora Encounter a Problem and Needs to Close. We are Sorry for the Inconvenience." How can I get out of this error and resume using Eudora Pro? Should I reinstall Eudora Pro?...

Migrating from Eudora 7.1.0.9 to Eudora OSE
I've been running Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows 7 64-bit systems for a couple o= f years now. It took me a while to work out that it worked better if I installed it at= =20 C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora but once I'd worked that out it worked fine. Sadly, I've had to change my information provider, and Eudora couldn't pick= up e-mail from the new information provider. I tried installing Thunderbird, but it wouldn't import my mail folders (whi= ch are big and complicated) even after I'd cleaned them up with Eudora Resc= ue. Eudora 7.1.0.9 reads ...

Sending Mail from Eudora Through Windows Live
My ISP recently switched over to using Windows Live to handle their email, meaning that I had to change my email settings for both incoming and outgoing mail in Eudora. (I use Eudora Light 6.2.3.4, just to clarify.) After a bit of fiddling, the incoming settings are working properly, but the outgoing settings are not. :/ Here is what they told me to use: Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.live.com Outgoing SMTP Mail Port: 587 Authentication Required: Yes (Your Windows Live ID and password) TLS/SSL Required: Yes (Select TLS if available, if not select SSL) Under Sending Mail, I'v...

Importing mozilla or eudora mail folders
I am trying to switch to Pegasus from Mozilla mail. I went into the knowledge base, and printed the page on doing this. Unfortunately the Information on the page is very old, and I'm not sure if it is still applicable. I tried item 3: of just renaming the mozilla folders to .MBX, and couldn't make that work. Then I went to the sight with the mail converter. I converted to eudora from Mozilla, then ran the converter, putting the messages into the "ADMIN" folder that was created at the time of installation of Pegasus. The converter instructions say re-inde...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Eudora (v 6.0.3) Doesnt Highlight New Mail. Always Have To Scroll Down To See New Mail.
Even with one new email, in the window showing who, date, time, etc, after receiving new email, the scroll bar scrolls up, forcing me to scroll down to see what new messages there are. Any fix for this? I would think it would highlight and let you view at least the first message, with later messages beneath that first one. On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:18:01 -0400, Connor <connor@huh.com> wrote: >Even with one new email, in the window showing who, date, time, etc, >after receiving new email, the scroll bar scrolls up, forcing me to >scroll down to see what new messages t...

export Eudora mail and address book to Gmail
Is there a way to transfer the contents of my Mail and Nicknames Folders into Gmail webmail? I believe I have to convert the files to CSV format, but I have not the faintest idea about CSV. Are there free utilities for such a conversion. Or is there a more direct way to get my mail and contacts in Gmail. I don't want to leave Eudora with which I've been in love since its birthday, but I must write a note about Gmail webmailer. (They chose the wrong guy!) Thank you in advance for any hint. -- Fran�ois Leroy <mailto:fl44@club-internet.fr> ...

Exporting mail to yahoo mail
I couldn't find a way to export mail from Thunderbird or similar email program to Yahoo Mail, so I improvised. I used Mark Lyon's GMail Loader (GML): http://www.marklyon.org/gmail/ Here is how to do it - fire up GML and in the SMTP server box, put e.mx.mail.yahoo.com or another server from: http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=yahoo.com&type=MX Check the requires authentication box and put your yahoo username and password into the boxes in GML. Then, where it says "Enter your gmail address" just put your Yahoo mail address. The rest of the instructions are the s...

Windows Eudora to Mac Eudora
Trying to get all my Windows Eudora v7.1 email folders/mailboxes converted to Mac Eudora 6.2 but the instructions on Qualcomm's site are incomplete. Does anyone have a step-by-step solution that they know works? Also - in the Windows version, the mailbox/folder list docks on the left side of the screen (above where Eudora used to have ads. Is there any way in the Mac version to control window placement and docking? One last question - Is this the only place to get active Eudora discussion/user support, or are there other forums for Mac users that are still active? Thanks...

Web resources about - Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail) - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Sony Reveals QX1 and QX30 Lens Attachements for Smartphones
Refreshed Xperia smartphones , tablets, and smartwatches aren’t all Sony announced at IFA. As predicted, the company revealed the QX1 and QX30 ...

Happy Star Wars Day: Lightsaber Laser Attachements
Consider this my requisite Happy Star Wars Day post. So...yeah May the fourth be with you. The tenth? The tenth is Camper's Day. ZING! I wanna ...

Todoist Updates with Support for Attachements, Photos, and Voice Notes
Windows/OS X/iOS/Android/Web: Todoist is one of our favorite to-do list managers, and today the service updated all of its apps to support files ...

Love, Sex and Attachement
I thoroughly enjoyed this conversation between Krista Tippett and Helen Fisher on Love, Sex and Attachment. In her TED talks that have been viewed ...

Researcher says Apple fibs about crypto for iOS email attachements
Latest iPad and iPad firmware reveals attachments in clear text Apple has been busted for falsely claiming that email attachments sent from ...

Great new Gmail feature: search inside your attachements
Since its public launch in 2007, Google’s Gmail has continued to rapidly add features that make our email lives easier. Now you can add another ...

App Store - BrandTracker
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about BrandTracker on the App Store. Download BrandTracker and enjoy it on ...

Letter case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the minimalist musical sub-genre, see Lowercase (music) . For New Testament minuscules, see Category:Greek New Testament minuscules . In ...

eCards - Getting help - Black Dog Institute
Here we provide a selection of 'Get Well' e-cards for depression.

OFCOM - OFCOM Online
Federal Administration admin.ch Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications Federal Office of Communications OFCOM Online ...