graphics and download problem

Inexplicably, Eurdora 6.0 has developed a problem displaying graphics files.
In these messages, often but not always, I get a message that Eudora can't
find a file in the temporary internet file folder.  Anybody have any idea
what has happened?

0
Mark

I forgot to add:  at the same time this started to happen, I also noticed
that whereas in the past, all the graphics seemed to be downloaded with a
message, so that when you scrolled down, they were right there.  Now, when
you scroll down, there is a delay on the display suggesting that only as you
scroll down is the graphic downloaded, and then displayed.  Ideas?

"Mark Lefebvre" <mlefebvre@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Inexplicably, Eurdora 6.0 has developed a problem displaying graphics
files.
> In these messages, often but not always, I get a message that Eudora can't
> find a file in the temporary internet file folder.  Anybody have any idea
> what has happened?

0
Mark

Problems getting Eudora to download mail
Hello. I was here briefly about a year ago and got a lot of wonderful help. Googling et al hasn't done much good with my latest problems, so I'm back begging for more of your aggregate wisdom. My laptop had a BIOS meltdown last Fall and one of the guys at work fixed it for me. He kindly loaded XP Pro and Office 2003,(legally. Our licenses allow it.) and I brought my restored baby home. I've been stuck with Outlook for three months now and am about ready to give up email entirely. It's bad enough having to use it at work. However, I simply cannot get Eu...

Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.
Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regularly. Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. Always the same problem. Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same problems. Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8? I want to cry!!!! Help me please. Thanks a lot. PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem? AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld@DELETEinterfree.it> wrote in news:s4usj5p0otqo5hlr30rsbnibj2t0uh3od1@4ax.com: > Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first > day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. > My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. > I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets > stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again > regularly. > Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. > Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. > Always the same problem. > Then ..... I h...

Ruby 1.8 download Problem (MS Windows)
Hello, Today I downloaded ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/binaries/mswin32/ruby-1.8.0-i386-mswin32.zip, but unfortunately the zip file was corrupted. Did any other member face a similar problem? Regards, Srijit ...

Problem with NFS (MS Unix Services) on MS Windows XP ...
Hello, we have a ... complex problem with our MFC/tcl application running on customer notebooks with installed MS Unix Services. Those MS Unix Services provides e.g. NFS functionality. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We reduced the complex problem to strange effects inside our tcl interpreter in the MFC application after the MS file nfsccfg.dll is loaded into "our" process environment. The strange effects are: * expressions suddenly won't accept double with the normal notation "x.y" anymore * the format command ...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

Problem with NFS (MS Unix Services) on MS Windows XP ... (2)
Hello again, we could reproduce the strange effects in relation to the load of the DLL nfsccfg.dll from the MS Unix Services with the standard tcl distributions version 8.3.5 and 8.4.8! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We simply ... * started the wish * used tk_getOpenFile to open the file selection * opened the drop-down-directory tree * close the file selection with cancel Using tcl/tk v8.3.5 we got immediately the tkCon error message: argument to math function didn't have numeric value argument to math function didn't hav...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Mail Download problems
I've just installed Version 4.21b on my office computer, and I've got a couple of problems when downloading mail. The first is that, for the default identity, it's set to delete mail on the server, but it hasn't been doing so. The second is that, for another identity, it's set to leave mail on the server, but only to download unread mail. It still keeps repeatedly downloading the mail I've already read. I have Version 4.21b on my home computer, and it doesn't have those problems. On both computers, I'm running it under Windows 98SE. ...

Eudora Problems and Windows
I migrated to WinXP from Win98 in May, my wife migrated to WinXP from WinME a month ago (rather, I migrated her computer). Almost all of my problems in Eudora and other apps have disappeared since migrating. Almost all of my wife's problems in Eudora and other apps have disappeared since migrating. This includes a problem where her dominant personality was broken. After migration it was fixed, A Miracle! If you are running at anything pre-XP like 95, 98(SE), or, God forbid, ME, make the transition to XP or 2000 if you possibly can. The difference is amazing. ymmv... Bob ...

Windows graphics problem
hi can u help i have problems with an example from my textbook on windows console programming. here is some code to change the background to blue, asm movb ah, 0x2 asm movb dl, 0x7 asm int 0x21 this works fine on turbo c 2.01. but i try to compile it with lcc, a free windows compiler, and it doesnt work. can u help thx maan kapoor wrote: > > but i try to compile it with lcc, a free windows compiler, and it doesnt > work. lcc has its own group (comp.compilers.lcc), try there. -- Ian Collins maan kapoor said: > hi can u help > > i have problems with an example fr...

Problems downloading mails
I have several accounts on my server, but some times i have strange problems: when i'm downloading mails from the server with outlook express (or outlook) i get a server response like (i'm translating from italian) the server has stopped the connection. This may be caused by problems on the server or a long inactive time. Answer from the server: "+OK" Error number: 0x800CCC0F If i remove the /var/spool/mail/xxxxxx file everything goes ok. I searched for a while and i discovered that this is an error of outlook and/or norton antivirus. But if i remove the mailfile it works....

Eudora downloads mail again and again
I use Eudora 7.0.1.9 paid on Windows 7 64 bit. When I reinstalled it last week my 'dominant' personality was intact, but I had to rebuild my private personality. Both personalities download mail from gmail. Unfortunately the private personality downloads the same mail again and again. The dominant personality doesn't do this. There just isn't any difference in the way I've configured these personalities so far as I can see. Any thoughts? ...

Eudora cannot download mail
Using Eudora 6.0.3 which has been working fine till now. When I go to download messages Eudora says Checking Logging onto POP server but nothing comes down. Eventually it times out. I assume there must be something wrong in the eudora.ini setting but cannot figure out what Any help will be appreciated and I appologise if this message gets posted twice. ...

Eudora Pro Problem
I am a long time Eudora Pro user. I have never had a problem with it. I am using Eudora Pro 7.1.0.9. When downloading my e-mail. I had an error message which shut down Eudora Pro. When I re-opened Eudora Pro there was a message in the task area which read "recovering mail received during previous session." <Dominant>. When I re-open Eudora Pro I keep getting a message, "Eudora Encounter a Problem and Needs to Close. We are Sorry for the Inconvenience." How can I get out of this error and resume using Eudora Pro? Should I reinstall Eudora Pro?...

Migrating from Eudora 7.1.0.9 to Eudora OSE
I've been running Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows 7 64-bit systems for a couple o= f years now. It took me a while to work out that it worked better if I installed it at= =20 C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora but once I'd worked that out it worked fine. Sadly, I've had to change my information provider, and Eudora couldn't pick= up e-mail from the new information provider. I tried installing Thunderbird, but it wouldn't import my mail folders (whi= ch are big and complicated) even after I'd cleaned them up with Eudora Resc= ue. Eudora 7.1.0.9 reads ...

Problem displaying rendered texture on window (Windows 2000) in second display, second graphics card
Hi. On a machine with two display outputs, I am trying to create a window that appears on the second display and render some OpenGL texture on the window. For the purpose of explaining my problem, I created the window such that left half of the window appeared on the first display and the right half appeared on the second display with this code : // Note : this CreateWindowEX is taken from NeHe tutorial 1 hwnd=CreateWindowEx( dwExStyle, // Extended Style For The Window "OpenGL", // Class Name title, // Window Title dwStyle | // Defined Window Style WS_CLIPS...

email server download problem running eudora 6 with xp; no problem with win98se and v5.2
I am using eudora 6 on a machine with windows xp pro, and verizon dsl in mid-atlantic area. Having intermittent, problem with eudora 6 (had it with v5.2 also before i just upgraded) on my desktop where i download email from the server. I get following error message: 'logging into pop server, error reading from network .. connection closed by foreign host' Interestingly, I am able to send email out from this machine, but apparently am unable to connect to the server to download. Paradoxially, I am able to read - where I dont download (though have also been able to dow...

Problems With In, Out, Trash, Junk mailboxes moving Eudora 7.1 Paid from Windows 7 Ultra to Windows 8 Home
I used the Eudora setup file to set it up on the new computer. Then I copie= d over all of the files from my program directory on my Win 7 Ultimate to m= y Win 8 computer. When I start Eudora everything is there ( many, many mail= boxes, personalities, signatures, etc. except the In, Out, Junk and Trash f= iles are empty. I used this procedure for moving Eudora whenever I upgraded= computers. It has always worked before. All of my mailboxes are in the Eu= dora folder. Can anyone help me with this? On Monday, April 29, 2013 8:05:53 PM UTC-7, mortr...@gmail.com wrote: > I used the ...

problem with graphics rendering on Windows
I am developing a data analysis application using Scilab4 for my colleagues who are strict Windows users. The application involves creating many line plots of data using plot2d. Most plots include more than one line curve and some plots are two plots in one using subplot. The problem is in the rendering. I can see from the flickering, that Scilab renders the plot after each dataset instead of doing only one render for the entire plot. This flickering is undesireable because it is time consuming, and it is annoying visually. Can anything be done about this? Any kind of option or fl...

E-mail download problems
Help! (I'm running Outlook 2000 with all latest critical Updates) I have 6 E-mail services setup within Outlook. Two are "sleepers" with only the occasional message, one of the others is my ISP's e-mail account, and the other three are on a separate domain. The problem is that on the four "active" mailboxes the system won't seem to complete the download of messages, failing with the "connection lost ... contact your ISP" message. This happens whether I do the boxes individually or on one Send/Receive All Accounts. It usually succeeds in the first ...

Eudora freezes on mail download
I don't think I've seen quite this problem specified but forgive me if it's already been dealt with. I could only find 1049 messages on my news server for this group and a quick scan didn't seem to show anyone having covered it precisely, so, here goes: I recently upgraded all my users here from 5.2.1 to 6.0.1 because of the recent security vulnerability and have been getting lots of complaints about lockups whenever Eudora downloads mail. They press the 'check mail button' or their preset automated time arrives and the mail is downloaded, the application th...

Eudora downloads duplicate mail
I am having a problem with Eudora downloading email messages more than once. If I read and delete a message -- no problem. But if I keep it in a mailbox, then the same message will often turn up again in a day or so. If it matters, when messages come in, they are sent to various mailboxes using filters. Does anyone else see this? Or know how to prevent it? -- R. Dale Shipp spam_catcher3 (at) _delete_this_comcast (dot) net On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 01:10:24 -0400, "r. dale shipp" <spam_catcher3@comcast.net> wrote: > >I am having a problem with Eud...

Windows problem with yahoo mail???
I would have posted on comp.sys.mac.comm, but there's not much traffic over there, and this might be an OS-related problem. I'm on a Mac, and tonight I emailed a link to a (Windows) friend who uses yahoo mail. She emailed back, "There was no link in your email." I resent it and she then could see it, but said it does nothing when she clicks on it. (I then told her to just copy and paste it into her browser.) This happens often enough with several people that it's downright perplexing. So I decided to set up a yahoo mail account of my own so I could see what these ...

Web resources about - graphics and download problem - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Graphics Interchange Format - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Graphics Interchange Format ( GIF ; / ˈ dʒ ɪ f / or / ˈ ɡ ɪ f / ) is a bitmap image format that was introduced by CompuServe in 1987 and ...

Book review: Seeing Red is a harrowing, graphic account of the descent into blindness
The first English translation of Chilean writer Lina Meruane's work offers an exhilarating look at what it means to be alive.

Apple quietly launches Mac Pro (Late 2013) Repair Program for graphics card/video issues
... notes that Mac Pros manufactured between February 8, 2015 and April 11, 2015 are eligible for repairs due to issues with the machine’s graphics ...

Amazing combat and graphics coming soon in Heroes of Skyrealm
... campaign, along with a wide range of player-versus-player modes, including several that allow for user-generated content. Gorgeous graphics ...

"Quantum Break" has impressive graphics - Business Insider
It's like you and Littlefinger are hanging out in your living room, hatching Machiavellian schemes together!

GRAPHIC — 4-Year-Old ‘Jihadi Junior’ Executes Non-Believers With Car Bomb
'Today we're going to kill your spies, the same way they helped you kill our brothers.'

Fox Options Boom! Graphic Novel ‘The Empty Man’, Gets David Prior To Fill It
EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has optioned The Empty Man , the Boom! graphic novel written by Eisner Award-winner Cullen Bunn and illustrated by ...

Tonight's NBA All-Star Game Graphics On TNT Brought To You By Microsoft Paint
Have something you think we should know? Email us at tips@deadspin.com , or contact our writers directly , or use our SecureDrop system . You ...

OpenGL's successor is ready to improve gaming graphics
... the successor to OpenGL, has finally been released officially. The new standard gives developers low-level access to discrete and on-chip graphics, ...

Graphic Designer Paula Scher Shows New Paintings at Bryce Wolkowitz and Reflects on Career in Design
Graphic designer Paula Scher's latest exhibition U.S.A. opened last night at Bryce Wolkowitz Gallery. It consists of cartographic paintings focusing ...