  • Follow

Anybody know how?
0
Reply Fruit2O 12/29/2009 2:12:19 AM

See related articles to this posting

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:12:19 -0600

> Anybody know how?

Yes, anybody who uses Gmail's abundant help system
would know, in less time than it takes to even ask here.

"Required, Alternate Port" takes care of SSL and correct port
for any or all of POP, IMAP, and SMTP.

Reply John 12/29/2009 2:31:28 AM

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:31:28 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers@nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:12:19 -0600
>
>> Anybody know how?
>
>Yes, anybody who uses Gmail's abundant help system
>would know, in less time than it takes to even ask here.
>
>"Required, Alternate Port" takes care of SSL and correct port
>for any or all of POP, IMAP, and SMTP.

John, I was hoping you would reply (I guess).  Every time you respond
to me, I feel like I'm getting the beating of my life.  Believe me, I
looked all over before I posted here.  Guess I didn't look in all of
the right places.  I got Mailwasher Pro to work easily - but not
Eudora.  "Required, Alternate Port" was what I needed to know - now it
works.  Please excuse an old, sickly man who uses email a lot - but
doesn't know didly about how it works and all the variations in
settings.  In any case, I always appreciate your help. Thanks - and
have a great year!!!
0
Reply Fruit2O 12/29/2009 2:50:48 AM

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:50:48 -0600:

> "Required, Alternate Port" was what I needed to know - now it works.

Glad to hear that my guess of what little to say turned out to be useful=
..

I certainly don't want anyone to get a beating,
but I do want to suggest that people wanting help
be considerate enough of potential responders
not to request unlimited and unnecessary work on their part,
to make up for what the requestor does not bother to say.

The original question would require a whole page to answer,
both to enable POP+SMTP at Gmail and then all details of Eudora settings=
,
so I thought it a bit unfair to ask such a wide open, general question
without any sign of having done any part of that research for oneself,
nor to say what part was already known and done,
or what specific small thing is actually unknown,
to leave less for any responder to have do work to fill in.

Even the one item I thought someone might miss for Eudora
happens to be shown in complete detail anyway by Gmail:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=3D13305

Happy, healthy and fulfilling New Year.

-- =
0
Reply John 12/29/2009 4:20:43 AM

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 21:50:48 -0500, Fruit2O <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:31:28 -0600, "John H Meyers"
><jhmeyers@nomail.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:12:19 -0600
>>
>>> Anybody know how?
>>
>>Yes, anybody who uses Gmail's abundant help system
>>would know, in less time than it takes to even ask here.
>>
>>"Required, Alternate Port" takes care of SSL and correct port
>>for any or all of POP, IMAP, and SMTP.
>
>John, I was hoping you would reply (I guess).  Every time you respond
>to me, I feel like I'm getting the beating of my life.  Believe me, I
>looked all over before I posted here.  Guess I didn't look in all of
>the right places.  I got Mailwasher Pro to work easily - but not
>Eudora.  "Required, Alternate Port" was what I needed to know - now it
>works.
>
>Please excuse an old, sickly man who uses email a lot - but
>doesn't know didly about how it works and all the variations in
>settings.

Welcome to our Club.

 I often find tasks that I could have accomplished quickly when I was
younger, I now have to really scratch my head before resorting to Help
files, but as I've never had much success with finding help from programs
help files, I understand that you also would be looking for help from
newsgroups.

I've used Eudora for email since about Version 2.2 and like you I also use
Agent, but currently I'm using Agent 6 & Eudora under Windows 7.

I found setting up Windows 7 to be very challenging but was grateful for
support from: http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows/7

>In any case, I always appreciate your help. Thanks - and
>have a great year!!!

I hope you have a great year too.
--

Ian
2

Ian Anderson <ando@127.0.0.1.invalid> wrote in news:lXf_m.456878$BL3.61176
@en-nntp-08.dc1.easynews.com:

> I found setting up Windows 7 to be very challenging but was grateful for
> support from: http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows/7

I will need that reference soon, since I am getting a W7 machine at work,
to be set up by me.  Therefore a reminder of the link as
<http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/>

--
Best regards
Han

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 22:20:43 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers@nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:50:48 -0600:
>
>> "Required, Alternate Port" was what I needed to know - now it works.
>
>Glad to hear that my guess of what little to say turned out to be useful.
>
>I certainly don't want anyone to get a beating,
>but I do want to suggest that people wanting help
>be considerate enough of potential responders
>not to request unlimited and unnecessary work on their part,
>to make up for what the requestor does not bother to say.
>
>The original question would require a whole page to answer,
>both to enable POP+SMTP at Gmail and then all details of Eudora settings,
>so I thought it a bit unfair to ask such a wide open, general question
>without any sign of having done any part of that research for oneself,
>nor to say what part was already known and done,
>or what specific small thing is actually unknown,
>to leave less for any responder to have do work to fill in.
>
>Even the one item I thought someone might miss for Eudora
>happens to be shown in complete detail anyway by Gmail:
>
>http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13305
>
>Happy, healthy and fulfilling New Year.

Point well taken - I'll do better next time.
0
Reply Fruit2O 12/29/2009 4:17:15 PM

On 29 Dec 2009 12:15:39 GMT, Han <nobody@nospam.not> wrote:

>Ian Anderson <ando@127.0.0.1.invalid> wrote in news:lXf_m.456878$BL3.61176
>@en-nntp-08.dc1.easynews.com:
>
>> I found setting up Windows 7 to be very challenging but was grateful for
>> support from: http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows/7
>>

>I will need that reference soon, since I am getting a W7 machine at work,
>to be set up by me.  Therefore a reminder of the link as
><http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/>

Wish you luck with Windows 7, you can also sign up to receive a daily email
too at the above link.
--

Ian
0

> On 29 Dec 2009 12:15:39 GMT, Han <nobody@nospam.not> wrote:
>
>>Ian Anderson <ando@127.0.0.1.invalid> wrote in
>>news:lXf_m.456878$BL3.61176 @en-nntp-08.dc1.easynews.com:
>>
>>> I found setting up Windows 7 to be very challenging but was grateful
>>> for support from: http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows/7
>>>

>>I will need that reference soon, since I am getting a W7 machine at
>>work, to be set up by me.  Therefore a reminder of the link as
>><http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/>
>
> Wish you luck with Windows 7, you can also sign up to receive a daily
> email too at the above link.

Thanks, Ian!

--
Best regards
Han

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Eudora 7.1 and Gmail.: SSL problem. help!
Hi, I use Eudora with two PC and with one PC I have nor problems but with second PC I get problems. I get problem with gmail email. When I chen message Eudora open a page with these writings: The Server's SSL certificate was rejected for the following reason: One certificate in the server cert chain has Expired. Do you want to trust this certificate in future sessions? Certificate: Data: Version: 3 (0x2) Serial Number: 903804111 (0x35def4cf) Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSAEncryption Issuer: C=US, O=Equifax, OU=Equifax Secure Certificate A...

Eudora 7.1.0.9 & gmail
I use Eudora with the gmail account but often also use the gmail service itself. If I send a message thru the gmail's web service the same mail is downloaded by Eudora during checking new mail. That is OK. But, if I send an attachment thru the web service, I don't like to spend 10 or 15 minutes waiting Eudora to retreive my own mail (I have modem). IIRC, in the past, one could right click in the Task Status window and select Stop to solve the problem. In 7.1.0.9 when I hit Stop, the task stops, it is correct, but next time when retreiving new mail, the same article st...

Eudora 7 Win764bit very SLOW with Gmail account -> Solved!
Hi, only i want to let you know (maybe there's still someone who does not know this trick!) that this workaround works perfectly to solve the extremely slowness in retrieving email using gmail account with windows 7 64bit + eudora 7 http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=14440&page=2 Without this it was a real dramatic situation..i had to wait 1-2 minutes to view starting retrieve email...and often there was a timeout error (only the first time i retrieve...the second time the speed increase) Now it's not fast as the other pop3 account (without ssl) but is...

Still having trouble receiving email from gmail on Eudora 7.1
I have tried to set up Eudora to receive mail from both GMAIL and COX CABLE. I get mail from COX no matter what I do. However, I'm not receiving email fro GMAIL. Please tell me exactly how to set up the GMAIL Properties options and Tools > Options > Sending and Checking. Should I use Required, Alternate Port for both Sending and Checking? Should I check off Use submission port 587 in both Tools > Options Sending Mail and under the GMAIL Properties options? Thanks........... On 1/15/2012 12:31 PM: > I have tried to set up Eudora to receive mail from both GMAIL and...

Eudora 7: is it possible to download gmail mails from 2 PC?
Hi, I have a laptop and a PC and I need to download my gmal mails from my PC and from my laptop separately. I have put a flag on "leave mails on server", but if I download my gmail mails from PC, I cannot download my gmail mails from laptop. Can I solve it? Thanks On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 21:52:59 +0100, in <8r85f9tc7uro67g4s6ei3lf6anuhmrenr8@4ax.com>, ijones@jejejeje.it wrote: >Hi, I have a laptop and a PC and I need to download my gmal mails from >my PC and from my laptop separately. I have put a flag on "leave mails >on server", but if I download ...

Eudora 7.1 and Windows 7?
Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7? Thanks On 27 Dec 2009 in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows, wrote: > Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7? I run it on Win 7 Enterprise 64 with no problems. Just make sure that the data files are separate from the program files. -- Joe Makowiec http://makowiec.org/ Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/ >Just make sure that >the data files are separate from the program files. What do you mean precisely please? thanks...

More Windows 7 WTF with Eudora 7
In addition to my clipboard still refusing to copy any HTML into Eudora (which has been going on for several weeks now), a few minutes ago Eudora disappeared off my screen completely. I clicked on the icon, nothing happened. I rebooted several times, re-clicking on the icon. The logo image came up once, but no files. I finally went into the whole B.S. Windows 7 string (C:/Users/jj/application data/roaming/Qualcomm/Eudora/Eudora 7.1....scuze me for a second, I'm out of breath), found the In.mbx and clicked on it, just to see if anything would happen. Whadaya know? It opened my ma...

Eudora 8 is better than Eudora 7?
Hi, I'd like to know some news about Eudora 8. But I'd like to know news by a guy coming from Eudora 7. Thanks AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld@DELETEinterfree.it> wrote: > Hi, I'd like to know some news about Eudora 8. But I'd like to know > news by a guy coming from Eudora 7. You should know one thing: Eudora 8 is not Eudora - it's Thunderbird. -- I recommend Macs to my friends, and Windows machines to those whom I don't mind billing by the hour >You should know one thing: >Eudora 8 is not Eudora - it's Thunderbird. Ok I ...

Eudora 8 vs Eudora 7
Is there any reason to switch from Eudora 7 to Eudora 8? I installed Eudora 8 (8.0b8) on my computer. It took a very long time to import all emails from Eudora 7, then it started indexing all emails. After several hours I closed Eudora 8. Eudora 8 seems a bit slow compared to Eudora 7. -- Alfred Molon http://www.molon.de - Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 21:22:13 +0100, Alfred Molon <alfred_molon@yahoo.com> wrote: >Is there any reason to switch from Eudora 7 to Eudora 8? I installed >Eudora 8 (8.0b8) on my computer. It took a very long time ...

Eudora 7 and Adobe Acrobat 7
Does anyone know of problems related to sending Adobe Acrobat attachments, particularly Version 7, using Eudora 7? I sent out a mass mailing with a large PDF attachment and some people had problems opening it. Now when I try to resend it I get an error message that Eudora could not open the attachment. I've tried two versions of this PDF file in different locations. Incidentally, I had no problems sending the attachment using Thunderbird, although I don't know yet if my recipient could now open the file. Bill Grimes ...

Eudora 7 + Comcast + Windows 7 = ?
Colleagues, Last July, a lady friend asked me to get her Eudora set up with her new Comcast internet service account. This was a piece of cake, because I was already using Eudora 7 on Comcast, although my operating system was XP and she has Win7. But all the settings I used for my own setup worked for her, and away she went. Later, however, everything quit working. Eudora gets refused by Comcast both for checking and sending email with an "authentication refused" error message. I've since moved and no longer use Comcast, but I kept careful notes on my prev...

Eudora 7 & Windows 7
I'm about to install Eudora 7 on a new PC running Windows 7. What files from my old Eudora 7 installation on a computer running Windows XP do I need to transfer to my new installation in order to preserve my in and out email files? Does anything else need to be transferred? Thanks riserman On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 15:45:58 -0500, riserman <riserman@optonline.net> declaimed the following: >I'm about to install Eudora 7 on a new PC running Windows 7. What files >from my old Eudora 7 installation on a computer running Windows XP do I >need to transfer to my...

pgsql-server/. configure configure.in #7
CVSROOT: /cvsroot Module name: pgsql-server Changes by: momjian@svr1.postgresql.org 04/03/02 16:08:52 Modified files: . : configure configure.in Log message: Update bison warning to be clearer about its purpose. ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings ...

How decrypt Eudora 7 password in eudora.ini?
I lost the password for the "dominant" account in Eudora 7. Is the password stored in SavePasswordText in eudora.ini? I seem to recall it is quite weak encryption and the last time I had to do this it was easy to get an online utility to convert the hex to text. How do I decrypt it? On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 11:51:56 GMT, nicola <nicola@mail.box.com> wrote: >I lost the password for the "dominant" account in Eudora 7. > >Is the password stored in SavePasswordText in eudora.ini? > >I seem to recall it is quite weak encryption and the last ...

Transfer Eudora 6.2 to Eudora 7.1?
I am a diehard Eudora user since '95. I now would like to transfer all my archive emails from three setups Eudora 6.2 (Win98SE), to a new computer WinXP Pro using Eudora 7.1. also in three separate setup. In the past I just copies "MBX, TOC, etc including INI files from the old version to the newer version Eudora and I continue business as usual. Can I the same with Version 7.1? Thanks for your help. On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 22:51:29 -0500: > I am a diehard Eudora user since '95. I now would like to transfer all my > archive emails from three setups Eudora 6....

Win 7 crash, Eudora 7 missing mail
Hi, Win 7 Pro, Eudora 7 This morning I had some kind of Win 7 crash after intalling a Java update. After getting the system back up, all my Eudora 7 boxes are missing mail, they do not show any entries after 2013/12/27, both in and out boxes are missing entries after the above date. First I copied the whole Eudora folder as a backup. Then as a test I tried deleting In.toc and recreating it, makes no difference. The Eudora folder shows the following Inbox filesfiles In.mbx 1/16/2014 18,864kb In.toc 1/16/2014 507kb In.mbx.001 12/27/2013 20,214kb In.mbx.002 12/24/2013 25,271kb ...

Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows 7
Hello, I just got a new PC with Windows 7. I've read numerous messages about Eudora on Windows 7. I went ahead and installed it. It is functioning. It has downloaded messages from one account. I am looking for the folder with the .mbx and .toc files. According to the info when I launch Eudora, it is supposed to be in the C:/......AppData....folder. But I do not have a folder by that name. Where are my messages going? Is this a hidden folder? Thanks Donna <dhughes@uri.edu> wrote in news:fceef031-7641-451a-87b9-518e2df60c51 @l32g2000prn.googlegroups.com: > Hello, I ...

pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/Make ... #7
CVSROOT: /cvsroot Module name: pgsql-server Changes by: momjian@svr1.postgresql.org 04/05/19 18:37:43 Modified files: . : configure configure.in src : Makefile.shlib Added files: src/backend/port/dynloader: irix.c irix.h src/makefiles : Makefile.irix src/template : irix Removed files: src/backend/port/dynloader: irix5.c irix5.h src/makefiles : Makefile.irix5 src/template : irix5 Log message: Rename irix5 port to irix. ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 6: Have you searched our list...

How can I uninstall Eudora 7 and leave Eudora 6?
I installed Eudora 7 separately from Eudora 6 to try it. Now I want to uninstall it. There doesn't seem to be separate entries in the "Uninstall Programs" list for Eudora 6 and Eudora 7. Can anyone suggest a way for me to get back to using Eudora 6 only? Under "Add or remove Programs" I have four different entries for Eudora installations. One seems to be for 4.2, one may be for 6.2, one may be for 7. I don't know about the fourth entry. I actually have three separate installations for different versions of Eudora....4.2, 6.2 and 7, in three different...

Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.
Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regularly. Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. Always the same problem. Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same probl...

! Eudora 7.0 and 7.1 timing out when downloading email?
I have eight email accounts. When the computer checks email it will check six of them Ok, and there are always two of them that time out. I then have to go back and check mail one at a time to get them to work properly. The accounts that fail change every time I check email. There are always just two that fail. No more, or no less? I was hoping that when I downloaded 7.1 last night that the problem would go away, but it hasn't. What give with this situazione? The error message I received just now when I checked said this: fulfillment, Connecting to the mail server....[03:5...

How stop Eudora 7.1 from starting when Windows 7 starts?
I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts - but can't remember how. I can't find it as an option in the Tools>Options and it's not in the Startup group. Where else might it be? Thanks...... On 8/01/2011 7:54 PM: > I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts > but can't remember how. I can't find it as an option in Tools > Options True, there is no such option. I don't recall any email program having such an option. > and it's not in the Startup group. Where else might it...

Trying to install Eudora 7 on Windows 7 64 bit
Hi, I'm having trouble moving Eudora 7 to my new Windows 7 desktop, was previou= sly using on a Win XP computer. The info I've found elsewhere says just ins= tall it. It installs fine, no problem there. I installed it so that all the= files, including data are in the Eudora root directory, rather than the da= ta directory that Win 7 wants to put it in. Since that's the way it was in = my WinXP computer, I thought bring my existing data over would be simpler. = Looking in Help/About confirms that Eudora is looking in the right place fo= r the data. So I copied all the ...

Eudora and GMail
My sister has the most recent version of Eudora for her PC (Win XP), and I have the same for my Mac (MacBook OS X 10.4.8). Her email account is via GMail, which sends to her Eudora. Everything is fine, except that we can't figure out who is responsible for a problem she is having. When I send her a URL that shows "hot" in my Eudora, it arrives very differently in her mail. If I copy/paste from Firefox (like this: <http://www.apple.com/>) the font appears *enormous* ("Biggest") and certainly not hot. Even if I reformat the link into Times New Roman (...