How configure Eudora 7 for Gmail?

Anybody know how?
1
Fruit2O
12/29/2009 2:12:19 AM
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10528 articles. 4 followers. bob234 (1) is leader. Post Follow

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:12:19 -0600

> Anybody know how?

Yes, anybody who uses Gmail's abundant help system
would know, in less time than it takes to even ask here.

"Required, Alternate Port" takes care of SSL and correct port
for any or all of POP, IMAP, and SMTP.

John
12/29/2009 2:31:28 AM
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:31:28 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers@nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:12:19 -0600
>
>> Anybody know how?
>
>Yes, anybody who uses Gmail's abundant help system
>would know, in less time than it takes to even ask here.
>
>"Required, Alternate Port" takes care of SSL and correct port
>for any or all of POP, IMAP, and SMTP.

John, I was hoping you would reply (I guess).  Every time you respond
to me, I feel like I'm getting the beating of my life.  Believe me, I
looked all over before I posted here.  Guess I didn't look in all of
the right places.  I got Mailwasher Pro to work easily - but not
Eudora.  "Required, Alternate Port" was what I needed to know - now it
works.  Please excuse an old, sickly man who uses email a lot - but
doesn't know didly about how it works and all the variations in
settings.  In any case, I always appreciate your help. Thanks - and
have a great year!!!
0
Fruit2O
12/29/2009 2:50:48 AM
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:50:48 -0600:

> "Required, Alternate Port" was what I needed to know - now it works.

Glad to hear that my guess of what little to say turned out to be useful=
..

I certainly don't want anyone to get a beating,
but I do want to suggest that people wanting help
be considerate enough of potential responders
not to request unlimited and unnecessary work on their part,
to make up for what the requestor does not bother to say.

The original question would require a whole page to answer,
both to enable POP+SMTP at Gmail and then all details of Eudora settings=
,
so I thought it a bit unfair to ask such a wide open, general question
without any sign of having done any part of that research for oneself,
nor to say what part was already known and done,
or what specific small thing is actually unknown,
to leave less for any responder to have do work to fill in.

Even the one item I thought someone might miss for Eudora
happens to be shown in complete detail anyway by Gmail:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=3D13305

Happy, healthy and fulfilling New Year.

-- =
0
John
12/29/2009 4:20:43 AM
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 21:50:48 -0500, Fruit2O <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:31:28 -0600, "John H Meyers"
><jhmeyers@nomail.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:12:19 -0600
>>
>>> Anybody know how?
>>
>>Yes, anybody who uses Gmail's abundant help system
>>would know, in less time than it takes to even ask here.
>>
>>"Required, Alternate Port" takes care of SSL and correct port
>>for any or all of POP, IMAP, and SMTP.
>
>John, I was hoping you would reply (I guess).  Every time you respond
>to me, I feel like I'm getting the beating of my life.  Believe me, I
>looked all over before I posted here.  Guess I didn't look in all of
>the right places.  I got Mailwasher Pro to work easily - but not
>Eudora.  "Required, Alternate Port" was what I needed to know - now it
>works.
>
>Please excuse an old, sickly man who uses email a lot - but
>doesn't know didly about how it works and all the variations in
>settings.

Welcome to our Club.

 I often find tasks that I could have accomplished quickly when I was
younger, I now have to really scratch my head before resorting to Help
files, but as I've never had much success with finding help from programs
help files, I understand that you also would be looking for help from
newsgroups.

I've used Eudora for email since about Version 2.2 and like you I also use
Agent, but currently I'm using Agent 6 & Eudora under Windows 7.

I found setting up Windows 7 to be very challenging but was grateful for
support from: http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows/7

>In any case, I always appreciate your help. Thanks - and
>have a great year!!!

I hope you have a great year too.
--

Ian
2

> I found setting up Windows 7 to be very challenging but was grateful for
> support from: http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows/7

I will need that reference soon, since I am getting a W7 machine at work,
to be set up by me.  Therefore a reminder of the link as
<http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/>

--
Best regards
Han
<jhmeyers@nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:50:48 -0600:
>
>> "Required, Alternate Port" was what I needed to know - now it works.
>
>Glad to hear that my guess of what little to say turned out to be useful.
>
>I certainly don't want anyone to get a beating,
>but I do want to suggest that people wanting help
>be considerate enough of potential responders
>not to request unlimited and unnecessary work on their part,
>to make up for what the requestor does not bother to say.
>
>The original question would require a whole page to answer,
>both to enable POP+SMTP at Gmail and then all details of Eudora settings,
>so I thought it a bit unfair to ask such a wide open, general question
>without any sign of having done any part of that research for oneself,
>nor to say what part was already known and done,
>or what specific small thing is actually unknown,
>to leave less for any responder to have do work to fill in.
>
>Even the one item I thought someone might miss for Eudora
>happens to be shown in complete detail anyway by Gmail:
>
>http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13305
>
>Happy, healthy and fulfilling New Year.

Point well taken - I'll do better next time.
0
Fruit2O
12/29/2009 4:17:15 PM
On 29 Dec 2009 12:15:39 GMT, Han <nobody@nospam.not> wrote:

>Ian Anderson <ando@127.0.0.1.invalid> wrote in news:lXf_m.456878$BL3.61176
>@en-nntp-08.dc1.easynews.com:
>
>> I found setting up Windows 7 to be very challenging but was grateful for
>> support from: http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows/7
>>

>I will need that reference soon, since I am getting a W7 machine at work,
>to be set up by me.  Therefore a reminder of the link as
><http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/>

Wish you luck with Windows 7, you can also sign up to receive a daily email
too at the above link.
--

Ian
0

> On 29 Dec 2009 12:15:39 GMT, Han <nobody@nospam.not> wrote:
>
>>Ian Anderson <ando@127.0.0.1.invalid> wrote in
>>news:lXf_m.456878$BL3.61176 @en-nntp-08.dc1.easynews.com:
>>
>>> I found setting up Windows 7 to be very challenging but was grateful
>>> for support from: http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows/7
>>>

>>I will need that reference soon, since I am getting a W7 machine at
>>work, to be set up by me.  Therefore a reminder of the link as
>><http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/>
>
> Wish you luck with Windows 7, you can also sign up to receive a daily
> email too at the above link.

Thanks, Ian!

--
Best regards
Han

Windows Eudora to Mac Eudora
Trying to get all my Windows Eudora v7.1 email folders/mailboxes converted to Mac Eudora 6.2 but the instructions on Qualcomm's site are incomplete. Does anyone have a step-by-step solution that they know works? Also - in the Windows version, the mailbox/folder list docks on the left side of the screen (above where Eudora used to have ads. Is there any way in the Mac version to control window placement and docking? One last question - Is this the only place to get active Eudora discussion/user support, or are there other forums for Mac users that are still active? Thanks...

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes > from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, > sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. > Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete > file between computers, preferably using zip disks? It's all in the "Eudora Folder" probably in your "documents" folder. Make a backup of everything on old hard drive first. (I don't foresee problems; that is a generally good practice). -- Andrew Starr eMailman(r): http://www.emailman.com NewsReaders(sm): http://www.newsreaders.com Both of the above now have forums (newsreader or web access)! In article <atsnntp1204-246F72.07100007112005@news.newsguy.com>, Andrew Starr <atsnntp1204@emailman.com> wrote: > In article <nhull-D2...

Window eudora to Mac eudora
Hi All, I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to Mac? Thanks in advance, <saipak@alumni.polyu.edu.hk> wrote: > I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the > eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to > Mac? There are ways to do this quite easily. Others, who have done it, will surely reply here in detail, but in the mean time look at <www.emailman.com/conversion> and see if what you nee...

Eudora 7.1 and Windows 7?
Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7? Thanks On 27 Dec 2009 in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows, wrote: > Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7? I run it on Win 7 Enterprise 64 with no problems. Just make sure that the data files are separate from the program files. -- Joe Makowiec http://makowiec.org/ Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/ >Just make sure that >the data files are separate from the program files. What do you mean precisely please? thanks...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so they'll be available in Mozilla as well? -- Hallvard Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: > In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the > attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message > itself, encoded in BASE-64. > > > How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so > they'll be available in Mozilla as well? > > Hi. Try this plugin http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm#exporter -- mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index Brana Bujenovic wrote: > Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in > news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: >> How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so >> they'll be ...

Transfering my old Eudora e-mail (on XP) to Windows 7 computer
I have replaced my Windows XP computer with a computer running Windows 7. On my XP computer the Eudora Program was loaded onto the programs area and the data (mbx. toc, etc) were in Application Data area. The file system in Windows 7, is somewhat different. I loaded the program on the program area. I then loaded data on the users area/application data. Apparently, the program is not recognizing the material in the users area/application data. How can I get the Eudora 7.1.9 which installed perfectly, to access the data. Should I place the program and the data in the same Eudo...

Problems With In, Out, Trash, Junk mailboxes moving Eudora 7.1 Paid from Windows 7 Ultra to Windows 8 Home
I used the Eudora setup file to set it up on the new computer. Then I copie= d over all of the files from my program directory on my Win 7 Ultimate to m= y Win 8 computer. When I start Eudora everything is there ( many, many mail= boxes, personalities, signatures, etc. except the In, Out, Junk and Trash f= iles are empty. I used this procedure for moving Eudora whenever I upgraded= computers. It has always worked before. All of my mailboxes are in the Eu= dora folder. Can anyone help me with this? On Monday, April 29, 2013 8:05:53 PM UTC-7, mortr...@gmail.com wrote: > I used the ...

Eudora Mac vs Eudora Windows
My husband uses Eudora 5 (sponsored) on his Mac (OS9) and Outlook on his Windows XP machine at work. He wants me to install Eudora at work because he hates Outlook. Most of his contacts are the same at home and office, so can I just drop a copy of his Eudora Address Book file into his Windows machine or is the Windows version a different type of file? If this can be done, where on the PC should I look for the Address Book to replace with the Mac file? nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote: > My husband uses Eudora 5 (sponsored) on his Mac (OS9) and Outlook on his >...

Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows 7
Hello, I just got a new PC with Windows 7. I've read numerous messages about Eudora on Windows 7. I went ahead and installed it. It is functioning. It has downloaded messages from one account. I am looking for the folder with the .mbx and .toc files. According to the info when I launch Eudora, it is supposed to be in the C:/......AppData....folder. But I do not have a folder by that name. Where are my messages going? Is this a hidden folder? Thanks Donna <dhughes@uri.edu> wrote in news:fceef031-7641-451a-87b9-518e2df60c51 @l32g2000prn.googlegroups.com: > Hello, I ...

Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.
Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regularly. Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. Always the same problem. Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same problems. Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8? I want to cry!!!! Help me please. Thanks a lot. PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem? AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld@DELETEinterfree.it> wrote in news:s4usj5p0otqo5hlr30rsbnibj2t0uh3od1@4ax.com: > Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first > day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. > My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. > I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets > stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again > regularly. > Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. > Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. > Always the same problem. > Then ..... I h...

How stop Eudora 7.1 from starting when Windows 7 starts?
I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts - but can't remember how. I can't find it as an option in the Tools>Options and it's not in the Startup group. Where else might it be? Thanks...... On 8/01/2011 7:54 PM: > I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts > but can't remember how. I can't find it as an option in Tools > Options True, there is no such option. I don't recall any email program having such an option. > and it's not in the Startup group. Where else might it...

Eudora 7.1.0.7 Beta (Windows) now available
No one else seems to have mentioned it so.. Download from... http://www.eudora.com/cgi-bin/export.cgi?productid=EUDORA_win_7107 And the release notes are here... http://www.eudora.com/download/eudora/windows/7.1/beta/RelNotes7.txt Allan -- Please use the "Reply To" address for emails. "Allan Girvan" <dead_letter_box@btinternet.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:efhn21.2hc.1@ID-66775.user.dfncis.de... > No one else seems to have mentioned it so.. > > Download from... > > http://www.eudora.com/cgi-bin/export.cgi?productid=EUDOR...

Eudora 7.1 and Windows 8?
Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 8? Now I use it with Windows 7 without problems. Thanks Why does anybody reply me about Agent 8 .ini file? Thanks for some info. On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:00:04 +0100, ijones@jejejeje.it wrote: >Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 8? >Now I use it with Windows 7 without problems. >Thanks There have been reports that Eudora runs fine on Windows 8. Since I have no access to a Windows 8 computer I'm not able to verify that. I installed Eudora 7.1.0.9 on my new Windows 8 system. It SENDS emails ...

Eudora 7 and Windows 10 -do they work?
a new PC is sraig me in the face and this is one of my questions. My son is after me to go Apple -how does Eudora work with Apple? csmdave On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 14:55:39 -0700 (PDT), csmdave <d.herbach@gmail.com> wrote: >a new PC is sraig me in the face and this is one of my questions. >My son is after me to go Apple -how does Eudora work with Apple? > >csmdave Eudora works fine in Windows 10. Apple has changed its operating system after the last release of the Mac version of Eudora. That means that you cannot use Eudora on an Apple computer. On Thu, 20 ...

Eudora 8 do not show up with Windows 7
Hello, I don't find messages about that bug in the old messages. I'm under Windows seven 32bits. My eudora 7 works fine. My Eudora 8 starts but do not open any window, it stay minimized all the time in the task bar. I start to launch in Vista compliant mode "clich right on the .exe and you select old microsoft windows) but same. When I click on the button of eudora 8 in the task bar, nothing happens. The program is launched but stay always minimized whatever I do. Even when I try the windows button of my keyboard and Tab, all the programs in 3D are displayed...

Eudora 7.1 with Windows 8.1?
Does it work fine? Thanks ...

Moving from Eudora 7.0 to Eudora 8.0 (Penelope) is losing account settings
I have been enjoying Eudora since its very beginning. Nevertheless, I thought that its lack of UTF-8 support did not make it a suitable modern mailer and I decided to "upgrade" to Penelope, the way I moved from v2 to v3, up to v7. Biiig mistake! I lost all my multiple account settings. Any idea how I transfer them? On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:40:02 -0700 (PDT), Asteras Amaliadas <asteras@gmail.com> wrote: >I have been enjoying Eudora since its very beginning. Nevertheless, I >thought that its lack of UTF-8 support did not make it a suitable >modern mailer and I ...

Eudora 7 launches multiple IE windows on startup
I just downloaded Eudora 7 a few days ago, and since then, I've been inundated with IE windows opening up when I launch it. I mean, like 7 or 8 of them. Mostly about:blank, but that may be because I run with ActiveX and Javascript turned off. The few that do have content are ads. I thought I had a virus, but Norton says no; I checked my IE settings and my home page is still about:blank, and have confirmed that this does only happen when I launch Eudora. Am I the only one seeing this? On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:51:20 GMT, Steve <steve@steveclaflin.compost> wrote: &g...

Difference between Eudora and Eudora Pro
In version 6, what is the difference between Eudora and Eudora Pro? On the Eudora website they refer only to Eudora Paid, Sponsored and Light modes. What has "Pro" got to do with Eudora? Rachel M <rachel_m@nicks.com> wrote in news:943B9B7602967rachel.ntlworld@130.133.1.4: > What has "Pro" got to do with Eudora? I think they dropped "Pro" when moodwatch came out because only an idiot would create something as useless and UN-PRO-fessional as it is. Rachel M <rachel_m@nicks.com> wrote: >In version 6, what is the difference between Eudora and Eudora Pro? > >On the Eudora website they refer only to Eudora Paid, Sponsored and >Light modes. > >What has "Pro" got to do with Eudora? Prior to version 5.0, which instituted Paid, Sponsored and Light Modes within a *single* installed Eudora, Eudora Pro [the paid form] and Eudora Lite [the freebie] were separate programs. Some people are still using them, ergo when they say "Eudora Pro" they *mean* "Eudora Pro". Some of us, aging and pushing senility, had been using EudoraPro for so long that a mere 2 years [or whatever] of the new "mode" thing hasn't been enough to overcome a decade's worth of engrams. Heck, my current Eudora 5.2 installation is in G:\EudoraPro. Never bothered to do the minor things needed to change the name of the directory. -- OJ III [Email sent to Yahoo addy ...

Eudora 7
Is it possible to access two ISP's on Eudora 7. I have a dial up and cable connection with two different suppliers. If it is would appreciate the setup details. Thnx Sure. Do you mean two email accounts that are on different ISPs, or using two different ISPs for access to the same email account? Read the instructions for "personalities". Or use two different shortcuts with separate data directories for the two email accounts. On Thu, 11 May 2006 09:31:49 -0400, Ed Bignell <ed.n.anne@eol.ca> wrote: >Is it possible to access two ISP's on Eudora 7. I h...

Importing Eudora mail into Apple Mail
Having used Eudora for too many years, I now have a real mess in the references to attachments. Many of the attachments are no longer accessible from the messages that they arrived in, even though they are still in the attachments folder. The main issue here is that I have moved Eudora to a new machine every few years, and the startup disk has typically had a new name. This in itself is not a big problem, and Eudora still seems able to find the files. (But it does leave the reference in the mailbox with the old disk's name.) However, the other part of the reference is the...

Eudora 7 Win764bit very SLOW with Gmail account -> Solved!
Hi, only i want to let you know (maybe there's still someone who does not know this trick!) that this workaround works perfectly to solve the extremely slowness in retrieving email using gmail account with windows 7 64bit + eudora 7 http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=14440&page=2 Without this it was a real dramatic situation..i had to wait 1-2 minutes to view starting retrieve email...and often there was a timeout error (only the first time i retrieve...the second time the speed increase) Now it's not fast as the other pop3 account (without ssl) but is...

Eudora 7.1.0.9 & gmail
I use Eudora with the gmail account but often also use the gmail service itself. If I send a message thru the gmail's web service the same mail is downloaded by Eudora during checking new mail. That is OK. But, if I send an attachment thru the web service, I don't like to spend 10 or 15 minutes waiting Eudora to retreive my own mail (I have modem). IIRC, in the past, one could right click in the Task Status window and select Stop to solve the problem. In 7.1.0.9 when I hit Stop, the task stops, it is correct, but next time when retreiving new mail, the same article st...

Web resources about - How configure Eudora 7 for Gmail? - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

configure script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Configure script is an executable script designed to aid in developing a program to be run on a wide number of different computers. It matches ...

CloudNex correctly configures NetSuite for retailer
IT consultant and NetSuite solution provider, CloudNex has implemented a NetSuite configuration for local fashion designer and retailer, Briggins. ...

Configure Custom Brightness Levels For When Your iPhone Is Plugged In With This Jailbreak Tweak
It’s already possible to configure a custom brightness level for iDevices when un plugged, but now a new jailbreak tweak (called “BrightnessPlug”) ...

Configure - Apple
With top-of-the-line Intel processors, HD graphics, and ultrafast Thunderbolt ports, MacBook Pro does more than ever. Faster than ever.

Xcode Continuous Integration Guide: Install OS X Server and Configure Xcode Server
Provides guidelines and examples for using Xcode continuous integration features. To run Xcode Server, you must first install and configure OS ...

Apple TV to get automatic "touch to configure" setup via Bluetooth 4.0, iOS 7
Apple appears to be using a novel device setup method to ease initial configuration of Apple TV under iOS 7, using an NFC-like touch without ...

Model brain with 2.5 million neurons configures itself to solve problems
Chris Eliasmith, et. al Over the last few years, the meteoric rise of computing power has allowed us to build ever-larger collections of model ...

How the Autoblog staff would configure the 2017 Acura NSX
Filed under: Design/Style , Acura , Car Buying , Coupe , Performance , Supercars See how Autoblog's staff would configure the 2017 Acura NSX, ...

Customize and configure your PC with Windows Tweaker 5.0
Windows is a highly configurable operating system, with hundreds of settings and options available. But taking full advantage of this can be ...