How configure Eudora 7 for Gmail?

Anybody know how?
0
Fruit2O
12/29/2009 2:12:19 AM
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10473 articles. 1 followers. bob234 (1) is leader. Post Follow

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:12:19 -0600

> Anybody know how?

Yes, anybody who uses Gmail's abundant help system
would know, in less time than it takes to even ask here.

"Required, Alternate Port" takes care of SSL and correct port
for any or all of POP, IMAP, and SMTP.

John
12/29/2009 2:31:28 AM
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:31:28 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers@nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:12:19 -0600
>
>> Anybody know how?
>
>Yes, anybody who uses Gmail's abundant help system
>would know, in less time than it takes to even ask here.
>
>"Required, Alternate Port" takes care of SSL and correct port
>for any or all of POP, IMAP, and SMTP.

John, I was hoping you would reply (I guess).  Every time you respond
to me, I feel like I'm getting the beating of my life.  Believe me, I
looked all over before I posted here.  Guess I didn't look in all of
the right places.  I got Mailwasher Pro to work easily - but not
Eudora.  "Required, Alternate Port" was what I needed to know - now it
works.  Please excuse an old, sickly man who uses email a lot - but
doesn't know didly about how it works and all the variations in
settings.  In any case, I always appreciate your help. Thanks - and
have a great year!!!
0
Fruit2O
12/29/2009 2:50:48 AM
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:50:48 -0600:

> "Required, Alternate Port" was what I needed to know - now it works.

Glad to hear that my guess of what little to say turned out to be useful=
..

I certainly don't want anyone to get a beating,
but I do want to suggest that people wanting help
be considerate enough of potential responders
not to request unlimited and unnecessary work on their part,
to make up for what the requestor does not bother to say.

The original question would require a whole page to answer,
both to enable POP+SMTP at Gmail and then all details of Eudora settings=
,
so I thought it a bit unfair to ask such a wide open, general question
without any sign of having done any part of that research for oneself,
nor to say what part was already known and done,
or what specific small thing is actually unknown,
to leave less for any responder to have do work to fill in.

Even the one item I thought someone might miss for Eudora
happens to be shown in complete detail anyway by Gmail:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=3D13305

Happy, healthy and fulfilling New Year.

-- =
0
John
12/29/2009 4:20:43 AM
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 21:50:48 -0500, Fruit2O <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:31:28 -0600, "John H Meyers"
><jhmeyers@nomail.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:12:19 -0600
>>
>>> Anybody know how?
>>
>>Yes, anybody who uses Gmail's abundant help system
>>would know, in less time than it takes to even ask here.
>>
>>"Required, Alternate Port" takes care of SSL and correct port
>>for any or all of POP, IMAP, and SMTP.
>
>John, I was hoping you would reply (I guess).  Every time you respond
>to me, I feel like I'm getting the beating of my life.  Believe me, I
>looked all over before I posted here.  Guess I didn't look in all of
>the right places.  I got Mailwasher Pro to work easily - but not
>Eudora.  "Required, Alternate Port" was what I needed to know - now it
>works.
>
>Please excuse an old, sickly man who uses email a lot - but
>doesn't know didly about how it works and all the variations in
>settings.

Welcome to our Club.

 I often find tasks that I could have accomplished quickly when I was
younger, I now have to really scratch my head before resorting to Help
files, but as I've never had much success with finding help from programs
help files, I understand that you also would be looking for help from
newsgroups.

I've used Eudora for email since about Version 2.2 and like you I also use
Agent, but currently I'm using Agent 6 & Eudora under Windows 7.

I found setting up Windows 7 to be very challenging but was grateful for
support from: http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows/7

>In any case, I always appreciate your help. Thanks - and
>have a great year!!!

I hope you have a great year too.
--

Ian
2

> I found setting up Windows 7 to be very challenging but was grateful for
> support from: http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows/7

I will need that reference soon, since I am getting a W7 machine at work,
to be set up by me.  Therefore a reminder of the link as
<http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/>

--
Best regards
Han
<jhmeyers@nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:50:48 -0600:
>
>> "Required, Alternate Port" was what I needed to know - now it works.
>
>Glad to hear that my guess of what little to say turned out to be useful.
>
>I certainly don't want anyone to get a beating,
>but I do want to suggest that people wanting help
>be considerate enough of potential responders
>not to request unlimited and unnecessary work on their part,
>to make up for what the requestor does not bother to say.
>
>The original question would require a whole page to answer,
>both to enable POP+SMTP at Gmail and then all details of Eudora settings,
>so I thought it a bit unfair to ask such a wide open, general question
>without any sign of having done any part of that research for oneself,
>nor to say what part was already known and done,
>or what specific small thing is actually unknown,
>to leave less for any responder to have do work to fill in.
>
>Even the one item I thought someone might miss for Eudora
>happens to be shown in complete detail anyway by Gmail:
>
>http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13305
>
>Happy, healthy and fulfilling New Year.

Point well taken - I'll do better next time.
0
Fruit2O
12/29/2009 4:17:15 PM
On 29 Dec 2009 12:15:39 GMT, Han <nobody@nospam.not> wrote:

>Ian Anderson <ando@127.0.0.1.invalid> wrote in news:lXf_m.456878$BL3.61176
>@en-nntp-08.dc1.easynews.com:
>
>> I found setting up Windows 7 to be very challenging but was grateful for
>> support from: http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows/7
>>

>I will need that reference soon, since I am getting a W7 machine at work,
>to be set up by me.  Therefore a reminder of the link as
><http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/>

Wish you luck with Windows 7, you can also sign up to receive a daily email
too at the above link.
--

Ian
0

> On 29 Dec 2009 12:15:39 GMT, Han <nobody@nospam.not> wrote:
>
>>Ian Anderson <ando@127.0.0.1.invalid> wrote in
>>news:lXf_m.456878$BL3.61176 @en-nntp-08.dc1.easynews.com:
>>
>>> I found setting up Windows 7 to be very challenging but was grateful
>>> for support from: http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows/7
>>>

>>I will need that reference soon, since I am getting a W7 machine at
>>work, to be set up by me.  Therefore a reminder of the link as
>><http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-7/>
>
> Wish you luck with Windows 7, you can also sign up to receive a daily
> email too at the above link.

Thanks, Ian!

--
Best regards
Han

FileMaker Server 7, Filemaker Developer v7 WinALL Mac, Fujitsu NetCOBOL Suite v7.0L10 Enter. Edition, Intel Fortran Compiler Pro With IMSL V8.0.048, Clarion.v6.0.Enterprise.Edition.Incl, Capeso
FileMaker Server 7, Filemaker Developer v7 WinALL Mac, Fujitsu NetCOBOL Suite v7.0L10 Enter. Edition, Intel Fortran Compiler Pro With IMSL V8.0.048, Clarion.v6.0.Enterprise.Edition.Incl, Capesoft.NetTalk.for.clarion.6.v3.04.Retail.WinAll, MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO NET PROFESSIONAL 2003, ORACLE9I DATABASE ENTERPRISE EDITION 9.0.1, Oracle University CDs, MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other...

Configuring SPSS group in Outlook
Hi, Is it possible to read the SPSS news messages from outlook express. I use outlook for reading Microsoft newsgroups and tried to configure this one by mentioning server name as comp.soft-sys.stat.spss but Im getting a meesage that server could not be found. Could anybody please guide me. Regards, Hari India On 24 Aug 2004 10:15:06 -0700, excel_hari@yahoo.com (Hari) wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to read the SPSS news messages from outlook express. I > use outlook for reading Microsoft newsgroups and tried to configure > this one by mentioning server nam...

Re: iterative %do loop in macro language #7
I know you really like to compute the stop value for your %DO as you have a aversion to %WHILE not blank. I was wondering why you don't use COUNTW. Because it is not documented? 80 %Macro Iter(List=,dlm=%str( )); 81 %Local I Stop ; 82 /* %Let Stop = %Eval( %SysFunc( CountC( &List , %Str( ) ) ) + ( 82 ! %Length( &List) > 0 ) ) ;*/ 83 %let Stop = %Sysfunc(countw(%bquote(&list),&dlm)); 84 %Do I = 1 %To &Stop; 85 %Put NOTE: Item=%Scan(%bquote(&List),&I,&dlm); 86 %End; 87 %Mend Iter; 88 %Iter(List=import export conf...

How to configure a network device with dynamic IP address?
I would like to develop an embedded device that has an Ethernet interface connected to a home or corporate LAN. As part of the requirement, the user should be able to configure the device via a web page or alike, just like we configure a router with a computer. Say you type in "http://192.168.1.1", and get into a page for configuration, modify the settings then save it to the router. I would like to know how to make my device configurable in a similar manner. For now assume my device has a static IP address, and the user and the device are in the same local network. Is ther...

WIndows 7 issues ?
Hi, I'm unfortunately under Windows 7, it's my friends PC and i can't change that. Starting GIMP crashes. Starting Gimp with XP SP2 compatibility setting does not resolve all the issues, the prg is still noted as "incompatible", also i noticed that drag and drop doesn't work. It's 32Bit, Gimp 2.6.8 thanks ! Hello, "lisztfr" <lisztnet@aliceadsl.fr> schreef in bericht news:05d62529-e085-4d87-89f7-f680350e9df1@y11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'm unfortunately under Windows 7, it's my friends PC and i can't > c...

Re: handling SIGINT in a Tk application #7
--=-=-= Ala Qumsieh <ala_qumsieh@yahoo.com> writes: > --- Petr Pajas <pajas@ufal.ms.mff.cuni.cz> wrote: >> Hi Nick, All, >> >> I'd like to trap SIGINT and do some cleanup (that >> doesn't require user >> interaction) before closing the main window. If I >> simply setup >> $SIG{INT} = sub {...}, it works, except that the >> signal isn't >> processed until the main window regains focus, which >> requires >> e.g. moving a mouse. > > That is not the behavior I see (or expect :). ...

How to configurate the counter buffer ?
I would like to count edges evenments with a counter on DAQPad6020E. The frequency of the evenement is about 300Hz. With a continu read of counter I lose some evenments. That why I think to use the counter with a buffer, but I don't know how to configurate the differents paramater of the differents VI (read buffer, buffer config, ...). Someone could explain me ? Thank you Christophe ...

imshow #7
I have 3-dimensional array mxnx3 which elements are numbers from 0 to 1. I want to plot a picture with mxn points colored according to these numbers. I was said that inshow operator can help but I did not find help on this and my program does not work. Could anybody help me? Thank you in advance. ...

emacs configuration
Hi! I have lost my emacs configuration when I migrated from RH9 to FC2. I do not remember what was default for Emacs in RH9, but in FC2 I miss the ability to mark text with the keyboard. I used to press Ctr+Space to start marking and then used the arrow keys to mark chunks of text. Can anyone post here or email me the code I can put in .emacs which will fix this? I also miss binding the Go to Line function to, say F6. Or do you have a cool programming setup for emacs, which you can share? I am interested in basic useful things, which can easily be set up on other machines, not...

Virusbarrier (latest) says "corrupted file found" on latest Eudora beta
Hi, I know about false alerts but I checked the update log of virusbarrier (intego), its not the issue. It was fine before. Whatever I do, it says "corrupted file found" , e.g. Inbox is corrupted, "In" is corrupted, they display fine though. I post here that maybe some people getting same alert. It begun on latest beta. Bug reported via built in Help menu. Ilgaz Hi, Please ignore this post since it looks like some part of virus barrier gone nuts, I simply rebooted and it was fixed. Well, first time since 2 years, acceptable imho. Apologies ...

Much slower in 7.0
I just upgraded from 6.5 to 7.0. Only to find out that 7.0 is much much slower running the exact same code. So far I found one big difference in the following line of code: rep=[A.Repetition]; where A is a large structure array, with a numerical field named "Repetition". In my case, A has 68000 elements. With 6.5, this took at most a fraction of a second, while in 7.0 (SP1), it takes me 12.9 seconds. Anyone know how to deal with this? Rongzong Wu wrote: > > > I just upgraded from 6.5 to 7.0. Only to find out that 7.0 is much > much slower running the exact same code...

Re: TV Telephone History #7
John L. Shelton wrote: > While watching TV Land, I realized I could learn about the > phone-wealth of various TV families. Just last night TV Land showed the first episode of "The Jeffersons" (a spinoff of All in the Family.) I noticed the kitchen had a rotary desk phone while the living room had a Touch Tone phone. When Touch Tone came out, in our area it was a flat $1.50 monthly fee regardless of how many extensions you had, and all extensions were converted to TT. [I miss Isabel Sanford, what a wonderful actress. She gave so much warmth to those shows.] B...

US-AL-Huntsville: SAP SEM Configuration Analyst: SAP BW Apps., SAP R/3 (FICO); C (45282857643)
US-AL-Huntsville: SAP SEM Configuration Analyst: SAP BW Apps., SAP R/3 (FICO); C (45282857643) ============================================================================================== Position: SAP SEM Config. Analyst Reference: SMC01100 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: C-P Skills: 4+yrs configuring and implementing SAP BW applications. Data Warehousing, SAP R/3 or mySAP configuration experience. Exp with SEM and ABAP. Knowledge of SAP R/3 (FICO). Exp with Crystal Decisions, or othe...

Date input changed in 7.4 ?
Hi all, I noticed that some date are not anymore accepted: Postgres 7.3.3: test=# select '18/03/71'::date; date ------------ 1971-03-18 (1 row) Postgres 7.4beta1: test=# select '18/03/71'::date; ERROR: invalid input syntax for date: "18/03/71" is this the indendeed behaviour ? Regards Gaetano ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql....

Kerberos configuration file
I'm trying to configure Kerberos for use with Oracle9i Database through ASO (Advanced Security Option) and Windows 2000 Server with Active Directory. When trying to get the initial ticket with the okinit utility there's always the error message: "Improper format of configuration file". So i reviewed my krb5.conf file a few times but i can't find the mistake. Here's the content of the file: [libdefaults] default_realm=MYCOMPANY.LOCAL [realms] nkk-1gje43lrh5h.mycompany.local={kdc=mycompany.local} [domain_realm] ..mycompany.local=MYCOMPANY.LOCAL "mycompany.local&q...

Acrobat 7 stability on Windows XP?
I've been noticing that Adobe Acrobat 7 does not appear nearly as robust or stable as earlier releases. In fact, it seem to be the only program that continually and regularly blows up for me under Windows XP. Symptoms include random blowups and leaving bits and pieces of previous code modules on the machine that are not found until a shutdown. That Content Preparation Process box may also be involved somehow. Other times, the "not responding - end program" shutdown option either does not work at all or has to be repeated a dozen times. Some defenses appear to be making sure th...

Opera 7.5
Can anyone help me with Opera 7.5? I have used opera for year and like it very much. So, I thought Opera 7.5 might be an attrctive upgrade 6.0. Boy was I wrong. Despite spending hours on opera help and trying to get into their forum I still cannot solve two problems. I cannot open multiple documents (web pages) and display them paned as I did in 6.0. Also the panel in which in which I display bookmarks on the left side of the screen, I cannot resize it so it won't take so much room. I do not want to click that little side screen arrow to display/hide the bookmark panel....

ANN: REXML 2.7.4
Hi, I've had a busy few months, which is why I've been quiet. REXML 2.7.4 is available for public consumption, though. I'm pretty happy with where it is at with this release; barring any major complaints, I'll retag it as 3.0 and start development on new features. Yes, there are still bugs. I'm hoping to get most of the outstanding ones worked out before I do the 3.0 tag, and documentation is also high on my list. The major new features for the next development branch are validation, XPath support for the other parsers, and the ability to hook into native XML parsing ...

Need someone with Labview 7.0 to save VI in 6.1
Hi, I need some help. I have a VI that was written in Labview 7.1, but our research grouip only has a license for 6.1. It's a fairly simple VI for controlling a piezo driven microscope stage. I manged to find someone else at the uni with Labview 7.1 to save it in version 7.0. Now I need someone to save it in version 6.1 for me. If anyone could help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated (and would save me a more than a few hours trying to write the VI myself)Kind Regards,Sam Its seems you forgot to attach the code. Please post the code so that somebody will save it for you. &nbsp; Th...

minimal bind configuration caching/proxy
Hello. I've been following the list for a couple of days. I fear my understanding will never come. I'm a Gentoo user. Unfortunately, there was nothing for a named.conf to start with. I've played around, gleaned some bits from google searches.... Tested with this suggested method: "From one terminal: tcpdump dst port 53 From another terminal: ping -c 4 google.com ping -c 4 google.com If you see domain queries being sent when you do the second ping, then you are not caching." With this test, it seems to be working. As the entire subject of DNS appears...

RE: Determine Size of Database #7
Barbara, I often use the sysmaster database to do this. You can find out for each table how many rows, how many pages, and by joining systabnames and systabinfo to sysextents you can determine which extents are in which dbspace. I have even toyed with the idea of using an ACE report to do this. But I am sure there must be better tools out there. regards Malcolm --- "McCabe-Reed, Barbara SIK" <BReed@sikorsky.com> wrote: > My objective is to get the pages used per each > dbspace. Is that feasible? > Thanx. > > -----Original Messag...

GDB debugger with different configurations
Hello, I try to use GDB for MPC. The communication seems to be OK with my board..... Now, I wish to use my GDB debugger, Already installed, on my Redhat v9.0 machine ! The problem is that the GDB on redhat has beem configured for "..i386-redhat-linux-GNU.." but absolutely not for MPC8xx family. - How can I configure my GDB for MPC8xx family ? I would like to avoid downloading another version of GDB, compile.... re-install ... :-) - Is there a way to switch rapidely between 2 or 3 configurations of GDB ? (like for instance "i386-redhat..2/ MPC8xx ? Thanks ...

Red eye paint shop 7.04
Hi, I have a question about red eye removal in P.S.7.04 . I was sure when I first installed the program that free hand pupil outline was available for human eye's but I can't find it . I had a problem with My computer and after I repaired it that feature seems to be gone. I tried removing and reinstalling the program but freehand is still only for animal eye's. Did I dream this or was this feature never there . Thanks Ivan ivan wrote: > > Hi, > I have a question about red eye removal in P.S.7.04 . I was sure when I > first installed the program that...

Configuring Sent From Address
I'm a Windows guy who has been thrown into the Solaris world, so please bear with me. I have a new install of Solaris 9 running sendmail. The senders address is displayed as: user@hostname.domain.com; where hostname is the name of the Solaris Server. I would like it to read user@domain.com. I tried to figure out the sendmail.conf file and I nearly got sick reading it :-) Any help is appreciated. Thank you Patrick patlav@gmail.com wrote: > I'm a Windows guy who has been thrown into the Solaris world, > so please bear with me. > I have a new install of Solaris 9 r...

Eudora Date Format
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to display all my dates in dd/mm/yyyy format, rather than the default of mm/dd/yyyy? I'm Using Eudora 6.1 Tks, Ricky In article <ttb06355qgodtiuvlk23411648hnojiql8@4ax.com>, Rick <richard.phelan@westnet.com.au> wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone tell me how to display all my dates in dd/mm/yyyy format, > rather than the default of mm/dd/yyyy? > > I'm Using Eudora 6.1 Don;t you just set it in the date control panel? On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 09:42:19 -0500, Rick wrote: > how to display all my dates in dd/mm...