How stop Eudora 7.1 from starting when Windows 7 starts?

I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts
- but can't remember how.  I can't find it as an option in the
Tools>Options and it's not in the Startup group.  Where else might it be?
Thanks......
0
Fruit2O

On 8/01/2011 7:54 PM:

> I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts
> but can't remember how.  I can't find it as an option in Tools > Options

True, there is no such option.

I don't recall any email program having such an option.

> and it's not in the Startup group.  Where else might it be?

Somewhere in Windows, wherever you set it up :)

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/what_run_in_startup.html

John
8/2/2011 9:17:54 AM
Fruit2O <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote in

> I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts
> - but can't remember how.  I can't find it as an option in the
> Tools>Options and it's not in the Startup group.  Where else might it be?
> Thanks......

In addition to John's suggestion, I have used a program called Soluto to
analyze what starts when during startup.  What's even better, Soluto can
modify these things, to either not start up at all, or be delayed till
after Win (any) is fully started.  http://www.soluto.com.  Try it, you
might like it.

Btw, I was happily surprised that my ASUS X53E came with 4 GB RAM in 1 of
its 2 memory slots.  Just adding another 4 GB (~$45) in the second RAM slot
has definitely improved performance.

--
Best regards
Han
On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 19:54:43 -0500, Fruit2O <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote:

>I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts
>- but can't remember how.  I can't find it as an option in the
>Tools>Options and it's not in the Startup group.  Where else might it be?
>Thanks......

You may want to look in the Startup folder in "All Programs"

Another place to look is the startup tab in "msconfig"
0
Ajo
8/2/2011 3:31:46 PM
Fruit2O <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote in

> I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts
> - but can't remember how.  I can't find it as an option in the
> Tools>Options and it's not in the Startup group.  Where else might it be?
> Thanks......

I have used Mike Linn's freebie for years and love it for managing startups.
It works fine under W7 but you'll need to run it "As Administrator" for the
changes to take effect (<right-click> on the EXE and select "Run as
Adminstrator").

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

0
Froggie
8/2/2011 7:52:15 PM
Froggie the Gremlin <Froggie@see.sig.for.details> wrote in

> Fruit2O <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote in
>
>> I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7
>> starts - but can't remember how.  I can't find it as an option in the
>> Tools>Options and it's not in the Startup group.  Where else might it
>> be? Thanks......
>
> I have used Mike Linn's freebie for years and love it for managing
> startups. It works fine under W7 but you'll need to run it "As
> Administrator" for the changes to take effect (<right-click> on the
> EXE and select "Run as Adminstrator").
>
> http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Looks good, froggie!!  Nice seeing you're still around.
I saw Soluto recommended on the Howtogeek website, and although not
everything there is goodor easy, this one works nicely for me ...

--
Best regards
Han
On 02 Aug 2011 12:07:55 GMT, Han <nobody@nospam.not> wrote:

>Fruit2O <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote in
>
>> I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts
>> - but can't remember how.  I can't find it as an option in the
>> Tools>Options and it's not in the Startup group.  Where else might it be?
>> Thanks......
>
>In addition to John's suggestion, I have used a program called Soluto to
>analyze what starts when during startup.  What's even better, Soluto can
>modify these things, to either not start up at all, or be delayed till
>after Win (any) is fully started.  http://www.soluto.com.  Try it, you
>might like it.
>
>Btw, I was happily surprised that my ASUS X53E came with 4 GB RAM in 1 of
>its 2 memory slots.  Just adding another 4 GB (~$45) in the second RAM slot
>has definitely improved performance.

Thank you for the suggestion.
0
Fruit2O
8/3/2011 9:35:17 PM
On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:52:15 -0400, Froggie the Gremlin
<Froggie@see.sig.for.details> wrote:

>Fruit2O <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote in
>
>> I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts
>> - but can't remember how.  I can't find it as an option in the
>> Tools>Options and it's not in the Startup group.  Where else might it be?
>> Thanks......
>
>I have used Mike Linn's freebie for years and love it for managing startups.
>It works fine under W7 but you'll need to run it "As Administrator" for the
>changes to take effect (<right-click> on the EXE and select "Run as
>Adminstrator").
>
>http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

OK, will do!!
0
Fruit2O
8/3/2011 9:35:48 PM
On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 12:31:46 -0300, Ajo Wissink
<ajo@notrealaddress.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 19:54:43 -0500, Fruit2O <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts
>>- but can't remember how.  I can't find it as an option in the
>>Tools>Options and it's not in the Startup group.  Where else might it be?
>>Thanks......
>
>You may want to look in the Startup folder in "All Programs"
>
>Another place to look is the startup tab in "msconfig"

At this time, I don't want to stop it from starting up at boot.  I just
want to know how I got it to do this.  It's obviously my doing - so I
should be able to undo it.
0
Fruit2O
8/3/2011 9:37:32 PM
On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:37:32 -0500, Fruit2O <jz137xww@cox.net> wrote:

>At this time, I don't want to stop it from starting up at boot.  I just
>want to know how I got it to do this.  It's obviously my doing - so I
>should be able to undo it.

That is a question that only you can answer.

Since there is no option in Eudora to do this and you obviously don't
use one of the methods mentioned in this thread you have probably
managed to drag, or copy and paste, Eudora's shortcut into the startup
folder.

The path to that folder in Windows 7 is:  Computer > C: > users >
username > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu >
Programs > Startup
0
Ajo
8/4/2011 1:46:46 PM
On 8/04/2011 8:46 AM, Ajo Wissink wrote:

> Since there is no option in Eudora to do this and you obviously don't
> use one of the methods mentioned in this thread you have probably
> managed to drag, or copy and paste, Eudora's shortcut into the startup
> folder.

The OP may not have used other methods, but for completeness of the info,
startup items can also be specified in the Windows Registry,
and the various programs mentioned for configuring startup options
can be used to set those entries, which otherwise are not normally
visible to casual users.

In fact, various types of malware use such hidden entries
to get their hooks deep into Windows upon every Windows startup,
and/or upon every user login,
while remaining "cloaked" and invisible to most users.

Capable anti-malware programs know all the same tricks,
and scan these same places as part of their routine function,
often after having started themselves up as Windows itself starts,
using one of those very same Registry entries for their own launching
(if some malware hasn't barged in and also removed the anti-malware startup info :)

John

Eudora 7.1 and Windows 7?
Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7? Thanks On 27 Dec 2009 in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows, wrote: > Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7? I run it on Win 7 Enterprise 64 with no problems. Just make sure that the data files are separate from the program files. -- Joe Makowiec http://makowiec.org/ Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/ >Just make sure that >the data files are separate from the program files. What do you mean precisely please? thanks...

Problems With In, Out, Trash, Junk mailboxes moving Eudora 7.1 Paid from Windows 7 Ultra to Windows 8 Home
I used the Eudora setup file to set it up on the new computer. Then I copie= d over all of the files from my program directory on my Win 7 Ultimate to m= y Win 8 computer. When I start Eudora everything is there ( many, many mail= boxes, personalities, signatures, etc. except the In, Out, Junk and Trash f= iles are empty. I used this procedure for moving Eudora whenever I upgraded= computers. It has always worked before. All of my mailboxes are in the Eu= dora folder. Can anyone help me with this? On Monday, April 29, 2013 8:05:53 PM UTC-7, mortr...@gmail.com wrote: > I used the ...

Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows 7
Hello, I just got a new PC with Windows 7. I've read numerous messages about Eudora on Windows 7. I went ahead and installed it. It is functioning. It has downloaded messages from one account. I am looking for the folder with the .mbx and .toc files. According to the info when I launch Eudora, it is supposed to be in the C:/......AppData....folder. But I do not have a folder by that name. Where are my messages going? Is this a hidden folder? Thanks Donna <dhughes@uri.edu> wrote in news:fceef031-7641-451a-87b9-518e2df60c51 @l32g2000prn.googlegroups.com: > Hello, I ...

Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.
Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regularly. Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. Always the same problem. Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same probl...

Eudora 7.1.0.7 Beta (Windows) now available
No one else seems to have mentioned it so.. Download from... http://www.eudora.com/cgi-bin/export.cgi?productid=EUDORA_win_7107 And the release notes are here... http://www.eudora.com/download/eudora/windows/7.1/beta/RelNotes7.txt Allan -- Please use the "Reply To" address for emails. "Allan Girvan" <dead_letter_box@btinternet.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:efhn21.2hc.1@ID-66775.user.dfncis.de... > No one else seems to have mentioned it so.. > > Download from... > > http://www.eudora.com/cgi-bin/export.cgi?productid=EUDOR...

New Settings for Eudora v.7.1.0.9/Windows 7
I have been using Eudora since first launched by Qualcom and it now contains thousands of files; consequently, at age 81 I do not wish to change it to a new application. I have had no problems with it until recently (at about the same time as Heartbleed) The smtp and pop settings have stopped working and I cannot send or receive messages. Will someone please send to me the current Eudora smtp and pop SSL settings? I am also having similar problems wit MailListKing which may or may not be connected. On Tue, 6 May 2014 05:24:28 -0700 (PDT), trummel@contracabal.eu wrote: >I ...

Eudora 7.1 with Windows 8.1?
Does it work fine? Thanks ...

More Windows 7 WTF with Eudora 7
In addition to my clipboard still refusing to copy any HTML into Eudora (which has been going on for several weeks now), a few minutes ago Eudora disappeared off my screen completely. I clicked on the icon, nothing happened. I rebooted several times, re-clicking on the icon. The logo image came up once, but no files. I finally went into the whole B.S. Windows 7 string (C:/Users/jj/application data/roaming/Qualcomm/Eudora/Eudora 7.1....scuze me for a second, I'm out of breath), found the In.mbx and clicked on it, just to see if anything would happen. Whadaya know? It opened my ma...

Eudora 7 + Comcast + Windows 7 = ?
Colleagues, Last July, a lady friend asked me to get her Eudora set up with her new Comcast internet service account. This was a piece of cake, because I was already using Eudora 7 on Comcast, although my operating system was XP and she has Win7. But all the settings I used for my own setup worked for her, and away she went. Later, however, everything quit working. Eudora gets refused by Comcast both for checking and sending email with an "authentication refused" error message. I've since moved and no longer use Comcast, but I kept careful notes on my prev...

Eudora 7 & Windows 7
I'm about to install Eudora 7 on a new PC running Windows 7. What files from my old Eudora 7 installation on a computer running Windows XP do I need to transfer to my new installation in order to preserve my in and out email files? Does anything else need to be transferred? Thanks riserman On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 15:45:58 -0500, riserman <riserman@optonline.net> declaimed the following: >I'm about to install Eudora 7 on a new PC running Windows 7. What files >from my old Eudora 7 installation on a computer running Windows XP do I >need to transfer to my...

Eudora 7.1.0.9 on windows 7 connection closed by foreign host
I can't receive any mail due to this error. How can I correct this problem? Thanks, John On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:22:12 -0600 > I can't receive any mail due to this error. ["connection closed by foreign host"] > How can I correct this problem? The information thus far given is approximately 0% of what would be needed to even begin to diagnose the issue, comparable to "I'm not feeling well" as the only information given to a physician. "Follow the setup instructions of your ISP" (sbcglobal?) is about as far as I ...

eudora 7.1 crashing on windows 8.1
I have Eudora 7.1 installed on Windows 8.1. Properly, in the sense that the data directory is not in "program files" together with the program files, &c. I haven't changed anything in particular in the configuration that I'm aware of, or in Windows either. But suddenly today Eudora has started to crash on me quite frequently. The only common denominator I can see is that in all cases a couple of rather lengthy e-mails I was about to send were open. With lengthy I mean 1000 words. (I.e. rather longer than you like to receive in your mailbox all too ofte...

IE window to trustlogo starts when Eudora starts
I can't get this to stop happening. Each time I start Eudora v7.0.7.0, an internet explorer instance starts and always goes directly to the page www.trustlogo.com/ttb_searcher/trustlogo?v_querytype=C&v_shortname=SC2&v_search=&x=6&y=5 This page states: IdAuthority� Credentials are NOT available for this site DOWNLOAD VENGINE FOR FREE! (this is a link to vengine.com) An Error occured with the provided variables. The Error Code was: 1 Rickeyjt <rjt@dviews.com> wrote: > I can't get this to stop happening. > Each time I start Eudora ...

Incredibile nobody uses Eudora 7.1 with Windows 8.1
Will they work fine? Thanks Responding to the comment in the subject line: The cognoscenti are waiting for Windows 9.x (on the history of alternate M$ OSs being bad or good: Win7 - good, WinVista - bad, WinXP - good [consider, many corporations skipped Vista but still have XP machines in use], WinME - bad, Win98 - good, Win95 - so-so). -- Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN wlfraed@ix.netcom.com HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/ In article <6mek69tj78p3lgcomdsapmr92cvh53d7md@4ax.com>, adriano@gmail.com says... > > Will they work ...

Web resources about - How stop Eudora 7.1 from starting when Windows 7 starts? - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Roberto Hernández (starting pitcher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... professional baseball pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies of Major League Baseball . He was a regular part of the Cleveland Indians ' starting ...

Wikipedia:Starting an article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a page about writing a new article, not the place to actually write it! If you would like to experiment, please use the sandbox or your ...

Facebook Page Admins Will Be Able To See Which Admins Wrote Posts, Comments Starting Feb. 20
... several page administrators , and there is currently no way to tell which admin was responsible for posts on the page. This may change starting ...

KSL 5 TV - Programming Note: Starting this fall, KSL is... - Facebook
Programming Note: Starting this fall, KSL is pleased to welcome Saturday Night Live to its weekly line-up, on Saturday nights at 10:30. More ...

ImplementingScrum - Starting Tough Conversations about Software Development
Scrum Cartoons. Scrum Teams are made up of a ScrumMaster, Product Owner & Team Members. Start those difficult conversations today.

Facebook Employees Selling Stock Starting November 1
Facebook’s plan to let employees sell vested shares at a $4 billion valuation to outside investors is going into effect November 1, Valleywag ...

Starting Blocks (@sblocks) on Twitter

Angela Ahrendts: ‘Starting Anew’
Angela Ahrendts, writing on LinkedIn: Also, trust your instincts and emotions. Let them guide you in every situation; they will not fail you. ...

Ashley Taylor ready to shoulder responsibility of being team leader and starting half - GoldCoastBulletin ...
ASHLEY Taylor says he’s ready to shoulder the responsibility of being a Titans leader as well as filling the void left by the loss of Kane Elgey. ...

Sonos to officially support Apple Music starting tomorrow
... SANTA BARBARA, Calif. , Feb. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Sonos announced today that Apple Music will be available on Sonos systems worldwide starting ...