import large outlook express setup fails

I am a long time user of Outlook Express but need to convert to Eudora.  I
have thousands of stored messages in a complex folder structure.  The
automatic import of email fails.  Are there other methods that may work?

0
Charlie

Importing Mail & Addresses from Outlook Express to Eudora Version 6
Will someone help me please! I am able to import the Mail Boxes but not the messages they contain. In article <bkf5fj$q3k$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>, emlyn@emmor.freeserve.co.uk says... > Will someone help me please! > > I am able to import the Mail Boxes but not the messages they contain. > > > Try compacting all folders first before importing into Eudora. File | Folder | Compact All Folders "Allegro" <allegro1969@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:MPG.19d5051f184471609896d9@news1.on.sympatico.ca... : In article <bkf5fj$q3k$...

Problem viewing imported Eudora 6.1 mail in Outlook Express 6
Hello, I had some email messages in IMAP account that I was accessing with Outlook Express 6. I wanted to try Eudora 6.1, so I started it, but I didn't realize it was downloading the email locally and removing them from the server. I now want to return to Outlook Express, so I tried importing messages from Eudora, but now many messages just appear as HTML code. I also tried moving the messages from the local Eudora Inbox into the IMAP Eudora Inbox folder, but messages still appear as HTML code when i access the IMAP inbox folder from Outlook Express. How do I get these messa...

Free Spam Filter for Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail
SPAMfighter Standard is a free tool for Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail that automatically and efficiently filters spam and phishing fraud. Visit: http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-3328616-10604900 ...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Free Spam Filter for Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail #2
SPAMfighter Standard is a free tool for Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Mail that automatically and efficiently filters spam and phishing fraud. Visit: http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-3328616-10604900 Does anyone else find it ironic that an anto-spam tool is being advertised via spamming, lol ...

how to import mail from Outlook Express 6 to Apple Mail 2.1.1?
I've been searching everywhere, but I can't find a working solution. Lot of people mention a freeware called dbxconv but all links to it are broken. Software called Outlook2Mac only supports Outlook, not Outlook Express. Anybody has any experience or insight? Using some intermediary step? On 2007-03-19 23:54:37 -0500, ebukva@gmail.com said: > I've been searching everywhere, but I can't find a working solution. > Lot of people mention a freeware called dbxconv but all links to it > are broken. Software called Outlook2Mac only supports Outlook, not > Outlook Expres...

Eudora import from Outlook Express
I just d/l and installed 5.1.1 and would like to know how can you import mail from folders other than inbox from Outlook Express? I have many different mail folder eg car.dbx and cannot seem to import mail from them to Eudora. Martin ...

Importing Outlook Express mail
Hi, I have followed some on line instructions on how to move my mail from OE6 to Pegasus (copy the files and rename to *.nlm) but find that the sender name is now the same as the subject (minus the first couple of letters). Is there a simple way to move my old mail and address book to Pegasus. BTW, if I try to move these files to a new folder, the system crashes. I think this is to do with the From field being longer than some defined limit. TIA, Ray "Ray" <howard@wiredcity.com.au> wrote: > I have followed some on line instructions on how to mov...

Importing MS Outlook mail
I am trying to import my mail from Outlook. I get all the folder and directory structuring, but no mail. What am I missing? Thanks. Gheezer <Have@nice.day.com> wrote: >I am trying to import my mail from Outlook. I get all the folder and >directory structuring, but no mail. What am I missing? Since you're getting impatient, I guess I'll try to answer - although I've never used Outlook, and thus never done a transfer. What I do know is that previously in this forum the recommendation has been to do an export/import between Outlook and Outlook Express. ...

importing outlook express addresses to mail
Can I import all my email addresses from Oulook Express OS9 to Mac Mail OSX. Need step by step instructions In article <b61a9ec1.0309282002.305e6322@posting.google.com>, esther8850@hotmail.com (Ronald) wrote: > Can I import all my email addresses from Oulook Express OS9 to Mac > Mail OSX. Need step by step instructions Choose the Import Mailboxes... command under the File menu. It will walk you through the process. -- "First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willi...

from Eudora for Mac to MS Outlook for windows
Any experts who could help me? I used Eudora 6.0 on my Mac and have been forced to use a PC running Microsoft Outlook for Windows XP at grad school. I was able to move my mail halfway, by installing Eudora 6.0 for WindowsXP and transferring my mailboxes by memory key, then adding a ".mbx" suffix. But 2 problems: 1 - Outlook won't import from Eudora 6.0. It demands Eudora 4.x or lower. WHERE CAN I FIND EUDORA 4.X OR LOWER? 2 - I can't figure out how to get my email address book into either the Eudora for Windows on my PC or even better into Outlook. All help de...

moving Eudora mail to outlook express
Is there any way to move the email folders in Eudora to Outlook Express or is it impossible? Bill ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Bill S <wls@jbpet.com> wrote in news:42dfffd5_1@spool9-east.superfeed.net: > Is there any way to move the email folders in Eudora to Outlook Express > or is it impossible? > Bill http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/importing.mspx If you're looking for the most reliable way to export your Eudora mail and you don't want to lose items like images inserted in email messages, then you probably won't find better than Aid4Mail. You'll find more information about Aid4Mail and a download link on the following Web site: http://www.aid4mail.com/ -- Eric G.V. Fookes Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Aid4Mail http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/ "Bill S" <wls@jbpet.com> wrote... > Is there any way to move the email folders in Eudora to Outlook Express or > is it impossible? > Bill ...

importing outlook express mail folders
I recently switched to Pegasus but am having difficulty importing my old messages from Outlook Express. I searched this group's archives for solutions and tried the process described at http://www.veel-in-een.nl/pegasus involving importing Outlook messages to Mozilla then from Mozilla to Pegasus, but somehow most of my mail folders were corrupted and could not be opened in Pegasus. I'm sick of Outlook but I have hundreds of filed messages that I need to keep, at least for the time being. Can anyone help? TIA. Stella stellalune <stella@removethistombraiders.net>...

How do I export my mailboxes and Address book to MS Outlook or MS Outlook Express
Greetings I normally use Eudora for sending/receiving email for a Non Profit Society I belong to. The President & Directors of the Society want to read the Email I send/receive, but do not want to use Eudora, they want to use MS Outlook (yeh I know, but not everyone is smart like us) The Question is, how do I export the Mailboxes & Address book to MS Outlook or MS Outlook Express. Any help would be appreciated Thank You Bob Bob wrote: > > Greetings > > I normally use Eudora for sending/receiving email for a Non Profit > Society I belong to. The Pr...

problem importing Outlook Express mail into KMail
I recently tried the Import Outlook Express option in KMail, and it imported some of my OE folders and then quit without an error message in the middle of one of them. If I move the offending folder out of the way and start it again, it will go through a few more folders before finding another one it doesn't like. Has anyone had this problem before? Do I have any options other than booting Windows (I've changed hardware so many times I doubt it would boot anymore!) and seeing if I can find and delete the problematic messages? Hi, Jim Shaffer, Jr. wrote: > I recently tried ...

Importing mail in Outlook Express in Classic mode
In Outlook Express in OSX Classic mode, how can I import mail from Outlook Express on another drive? I tried it but it didn't work. Thanks. Tony ...

Import Mail.app emails into MS Outlook
Hi all, Is it possible to import saved emails in Mail.app (OS X) into Microsoft Outlook? I know I can drag a mailbox from Mail onto the desktop, and it saves the emails in MBOX format, but I don't know if Outlook can import that format. Is there (maybe) a conversion program somewhere out there to do this? Cheers, Diego ...

Mail folders imported from Outlook Express are scrambled
I have many mail folders and subfolders in OE that I imported into Eudora 6.0. It looks like all the messages and most of the folders were imported, but there are messages in wrong folders and subfolders missing, in the root, or in the wrong folder. Is there anything I need to do to prepare the OE data before importing? Is there any restriction on the mail folder names in OE that Eudora can't import? Do characters like "/*?-." cause a problem??? Gordon Durnell i was about to post a very similar message. looking thru google, it seems you need to can't hav...

Problem Importing Mail from Outlook Express into Thunderbird
I am unable to import OE 5.0.6 messages into Thunderbird. The Thunderbird import option/wizard does not show OE [running OS X Tiger, with OE either closed or open in Classic (OS 9.2.2) mode]. How can I make OE appear visible to Thunderbird? Are there other options for exporting messages from OE into Thunderbird? [Please excuse this OE/Thunderbird message in this group. I could not find any group concerned with Thunderbird]. Thank you. Ron pharma1@verizon.net RR wrote: > I am unable to import OE 5.0.6 messages into Thunderbird. The Thunderbird > import option/wi...

Import Mail form Outlook (NOT Express) to PM
Hi, Is there an exact help for beginners, which illustrates all the steps i have to do, to import my old mail from OUTLOOK 2000 to my Pegasus mail ? PLEASE HELP ! Thanks In Advance Joe I have a utility, PM2MSM that does this. Interested? Let me know an email address I can send you the file Martin Joe wrote: > Hi, > > Is there an exact help for beginners, which illustrates all the steps i have > to do, to import my old mail from OUTLOOK 2000 to my Pegasus mail ? > > PLEASE HELP ! > > Thanks In Advance > Joe > > My email...

import mail .iaf files from outlook express
I am trying to set up my Mac mail using Hotmail and other accounts. I am getting connection problems when I set up the account under Preferences>Accounts. I thought I would try to import the account info but Mac only accepts mbx files. Outlook Express for PC exports them as .iaf files. Any help? ...

Sync with Outlook Express on Windows XP fails
Hi, I just upgraded to Windows XP and installed PsiWin 2.3.3. However, I'm no longer able to synchronize Outlook Express with my psion. When I try to do so, PsiWin generates an error message "Failed to open Outlook". Is this a common problem and is there a solution. Who helps me....couldn't find a solution by googling.,.. Thanks Frank Mike is correct in that only Outlook (normally comes as part of the MS Office package) can be used. It is true that some users reported older versions of Outlook Express would work with the sync software (if they were lucky). ...

Mail not importing Outlook Express address book
MAIL imported all my email folders from Outlook Express but did not import my adresss book. How can I complete the imports ? I am glad to introduce another superior PIM software to you. Please visit http://www.superpim.com.cn and download SuperPIM. It's much better than outlook when organizing your contacts. If you have any questions, please email me. ...

Web resources about - import large outlook express setup fails - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Flexity Outlook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Flexity Outlook is a series of low-floored, articulated light-rail trams manufactured by Bombardier Transportation . Part of the larger Flexity ...

Zynga Scales Back Outlook, Cites ‘Challenging Environment’ On Facebook Platform
... growing revenue, which the company reported Wednesday in its second-quarter financial results . Zynga noted that it is scaling back its outlook ...

Microsoft Integrates Facebook into Outlook
On the heels of a recent Facebook Pages integration with Docs.com , Microsoft has again Facebook-ized its products by allowing Outlook users ...

Outlook Magazine (@Outlookindia) on Twitter

bit-player - An amateur's outlook on computation and mathematics
In a few days bit-player will celebrate its seventh birthday. (The first published post was dated January 9, 2006.) The original design for the ...

LinkedIn for Outlook - LinkedIn
LinkedIn for Outlook Your Professional Network within Microsoft Outlook Get more info about your important contacts, see what they're doing, ...

Boxer For Gmail, Outlook, Exchange and more on the App Store on iTunes
Get Boxer For Gmail, Outlook, Exchange and more on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Huge Cisco Quarter and Outlook Could Benefit 5 Top Companies
Huge Cisco Quarter and Outlook Could Benefit 5 Top Companies 24/7 Wall St. One good rule of thumb for technology investors is to do exactly ...

Micron Technology Rising: Wells, Cowen Like Supply-Side Outlook
... rose 33 cents, or 3.4%, to close at $10.02, after the company today held its annual analyst day event, during which it talked about the outlook ...

Tuesday Weather Outlook: Mild Conditions Continue
Good Morning Big Country! A weak cold front will make it's way through our area this morning causing the wind to shift out of the northeast. ...