Junk mail not going to junk mail folder.

When I receive junk mail in my in box, I send it to the junk mail folder,
the idea being that Eudoira will remember that directive and future emails from the same sender will be automatically routed there, and I won't see them in my in box.

I checked the option "Automatically place Junk in Junk mailbox"

But emails from the exactly same spammers keep reappearing in the in box
That that redirect is ignored.

How can I get this to work?

I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 with XP/SP3

Thanks
MS
0
mstag

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 01:16:17 -0700 (PDT), mstag <stagersound@gmail.com>
declaimed the following:

>When I receive junk mail in my in box, I send it to the junk mail folder,
>the idea being that Eudoira will remember that directive and future emails from the same sender will be automatically routed there, and I won't see them in my in box.
>
>I checked the option "Automatically place Junk in Junk mailbox"
>
>But emails from the exactly same spammers keep reappearing in the in box
>That that redirect is ignored.
>
>How can I get this to work?
>
>I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 with XP/SP3

	1) What is your junk threshold set to be (I run at 49, default is 50:
Tools/Options/Junk Mail)

	2) Tools/Mailboxes: Checkmark [Junk] so you can see the scores those
message have. Scores lower than the threshold are not seen as Junk.
Dennis
10/13/2013 3:23:39 PM
On 10/13/2013 3:16 AM, MS wrote:

> When I receive junk mail in my in box, I send it to the junk mail folder,

Via the "Junk" command?

Are you in "Paid" mode, by the way? (required for "SpamWatch")

See "Help" > "Payment & Registration"

> the idea being that Eudora will remember that directive
> and future emails from the same sender will be automatically
> routed there and I won't see them in my "In" mailbox.

Eudora's built-in "SpamWatch" is a "Bayesian spam filter,"
which works quite differently than you imagine:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayesian_spam_filtering>

Certain options that you can set
can enable SpamWatch to remember senders that you mark
as "not junk," and thereafter to _avoid_ junking
any mail from the same senders, or from anyone
in your address book, for example,
but I think there is no option to make your own list
of senders whose mail will always be marked as junk.

If you want to always consider mail from some particular senders
as junk, you would have to make the list of senders yourself,
and also create your own filter to treat the mail as junk.

Such a filter can work for senders who always openly identify themselves
using the same address, but obviously does not work against spammers
who dodge such simple defenses by falsifying ever-changing
"From" addresses, sometimes even claiming to be people
from whom you would normally expect and accept mail.

> I checked the option "Automatically place Junk in Junk mailbox"
> But emails from the exactly same spammers keep reappearing
> in the "In" mailbox   That that redirect is ignored.
> How can I get this to work?

Many a thing seems not to "work"
only because we have a mistaken notion of how it works,
or even what it's supposed to do.

If you would care to do a little "work" yourself,
you could obtain a more sophisticated spam plugin for Eudora,
which can perform well in the hands of someone who learns
how to use it properly.  This plugin shares some characteristics
with Eudora:

o Was formerly for sale, but is now given away without charge.
o Is supported by an excellent web site but no more personal support.
o Can be adjusted to cease even its infrequent original reminders
that one is using an unpaid (yet fully functional), never-expiring version.

<http://spamnix.com/spamnix.html>
<http://spamnix.com/help-3.0.html>
<http://spamnix.com/faq.html>
<http://spamnix.com/download.html>

John

Junk mail in Mail
With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode, I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail remembers that, as if it were in training mode. On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to > training mode to tell Mail wha...

Junk Mail folder in Mail 2 on Tiger
Is there a way to make this appear on the folders list on the left of the window? Yes, I know I can press cmd-6, or whatever, but an icon on the folder list would be nice... deKay -- + Lofi Gaming: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01] |- Gaming Diary: www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/ |- My computer runs at 3.5MHz and I'm proud of that |- CSS Crap Games Comp 2005: http://www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/speccy/cgc2005/ On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 03:31:42 -0600, deKay wrote (in article <tpm4r11hut9igleqde787crgdsbnmml5hp@4ax.com>): [referring to the Junk folder in Mail] > Is there a...

mail() goes to Junk Mail
Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to @xyz.com junk mail folders. Why is that so? How can I fix it? Thank you, --Andre Phandana On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:53:18 -0500, "Andre Phandana" <aphandan@purdue.edu> wrote: >Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to >@xyz.com junk mail folders. >Why is that so? Have you asked the mail administrator of xyz.com? >How can I fix it? There's the flippant answer of "don't send junk", but it might be better if you posted an example of how...

mail junk-mail rule
For some reason, the junk mail rule is not working for one of my accounts--my primary account. If I reset the junk mail settings, it will work and properly mark a portion of the mail as junk mail, but after as I start to train it to recognize other junk mail, it stops identifying any of that mail as junk mail. Checking or unchecking the options for sender in my address book, previous recipients, or message is sent to my full name does not have any effect. This problem does not happen with my other accounts, though. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this problem? -- Stop Ma...

Mail
Is this happening to anyone else? Within the last week, Mail is suddenly dumping a LOT of messages into the Junk Mail folder. Do you know why this might be happening? Messages are going there that have previously gone to my Inbox. Just curious. -- Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle." A few pics from the Fair are here: http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254 In article <barbschaller-277DF8.23293225102010@news.iphouse.com>, Melba's Jammin'...

junk mail not junking
I have set the "Trimming junk mail,remove junk that is at least 2 days old" on and still have to manually go into the junk box and delete it. Anyone else having this problem? Steven maguire wrote: > I have set the "Trimming junk mail,remove junk that is at least 2 days > old" on and still have to manually go into the junk box and delete it. The one possibility (I can think of) to solve this mystery without invoking the "B" word would be the Junk Mail Extras setting "Only remove junk whose score is at least ...". Maybe the messages that...

Why mails from my server considered as junk mail
Hello, After sendmail is installed and running, I was able to send and receive mails from/to internet. But I don't know why if I send mail to yahoo or hotmail, the mails will be automatically put into junk mail folder. I didn't do any change to the default sendmail configuration which came with RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0. I am wondering why my mails are considered as junk mail. The only thing of my sendmail which is unusal is, The mail server is behind a router with NAT function. So my mail server is only configured as private IP address 192.168.1.10. The router can translate it to...

Mail.app and junk mail training
If I change the rules in Mail.app for junk mail to move the message to a Junk folder, the mode changes from "Training" to "Custom." My question is this: does Mail.app still adapt when I flag a message as Junk (or Not Junk), or does that only happen specifically when mode is "Training"? (I use email at home and at work on an IMAP account, and I'd like to leave the messages around so that both programs get a chance to evaluate them. But I'd also like to keep them out of the way, in a separate folder.) -- Tad Davis taddavis@ucwphilly.rr.com http://ta...

Mail junk mail filtering problem
I just started emailing photos from my cell phone to my home email address, but I'm finding that they all end up in the Junk folder. I added the email address to my Address Book. I have the preference set to exempt emails with sender from my Address Book. The Trust junk mail headers set by my ISP is off. I even have a rule that changes the color for all people that are in my Address Book. So these emails arrive color coded as being a known address, the from field actually shows my name from my address book, but still they keep showing up in my Junk email box. I've clicked Not J...

Mail automatically deleting junk mail
On my wife's iBook, Mail is automatically deleting junk mail as soon as she clicks on the Junk Mail folder to check the contents. I can't find anything in the preferences that would be causing this. Any suggestions? Thanks! In article <timmcn-52B943.23120425102006@news.iphouse.com>, Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> wrote: > On my wife's iBook, Mail is automatically deleting junk mail as soon as > she clicks on the Junk Mail folder to check the contents. I can't find > anything in the preferences that would be causing this. Any > suggestio...

New Mail Announcement for Junk Mail
How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail? I have the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I don't think I should be getting the announce. Also, the mail indicator appears at the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail. Steven Jacobsohn wrote: >How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all >the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail? I have >the box checked that says ...

Why Is Junk Mail Marked As Unread Mail
I wish that all of the junk mail would automatically go into my Junk folder as read messages. It is very time consuming to need to open the Junk folder, highlight the unread Junk messages, and mark them as read just to change the Junk folder title in the left pane to go back to unbold. Am 28.05.2004 00:05, Jim Thornton schrieb: > I wish that all of the junk mail would automatically go into my Junk folder > as read messages. It is very time consuming to need to open the Junk > folder, highlight the unread Junk messages, and mark them as read just to > change the Junk ...

Why is SpamWatch is junking my mail from a mailing list?
Just in the last couple of days, Eudora 6.0 has been assigning spam scores of 99 to all the mail from a certain mailing list I subscribe to. I went into the UserJunkDB.txt file and removed all references to the mailing list title, then rescored a bunch of the mail from that list and it still posted it at a score of 99. I "unjunked" the messages, and when I recalculated the scores, they still came up at 99. Apparently some keyword gets them marked as spam. Any ideas how I can determine what words in a message get it marked as spam? Along the same lines, is there any way to c...

Web resources about - Junk mail not going to junk mail folder. - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Folder (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a virtual container within a digital file system , in which groups of computer files and possibly other folders can be kept and organized. ...

Facebook For Android 3.4 Beta Adds Folders To Home
... introduced Thursday, a feature Home users have been clamoring for was added to the beta version of Facebook for Android 3.4 : application folders ...

Facebook updates Home, adds folders
Facebook on Monday announced an update to Home , its platform for Android. Now Home users can categorize their apps into folders. A Facebook ...

App Store - Folder
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Folder on the App Store. Download Folder and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

Panasonic Dynamite8 Dealer Folder - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Cleaned scan (recto-verso) of a 1974 Panasonic Dealer A4 Folder about promotion of "Dynamite 8" (Detonator or TNT) RQ-830S New 8-track player ...

tvOS 9.2 beta 2 w/ Podcasts app, folders, Bluetooth keyboard support & more hits Apple TV
... app and Bluetooth keyboard support to the latest streaming set-top box. The beta software also brings iOS-like features including app folders ...

Facebook Replacing ‘Other’ Folder With Message Requests
The infamous “Other” folder for messages on Facebook will soon be extinct, as the social network is rolling out a feature called Message Requests ...

Scanbot 5.0 introduces long-awaited support for folders with sync
... those have been welcome additions, theres one thing thats apparently been the most highly anticipated among users of the app: support for folders. ...

Apple TV's tvOS found to support app folders
... interesting nuggets of info in Apple's tvOS that hint at future Apple TV capabilities, and on Wednesday discovered a way to bring app folder ...

tvOS 9.2 beta introduces folders and restores Bluetooth keyboard support
New update starts picking the new Apple TV's low-hanging fruit.