Mail Alert when only junk mail received

Hi,

Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before, I
would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk.

Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even when
just junk mail is received.

Is that true? I know it wasn't working that way before.

Any body know the real answer and how to fix this?

Thanks,
Tracy

0
Tracy

On 06 Oct 2003 23:57:42 GMT,"Tracy E. Schreiber" posted ...

>Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before, I
>would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk.
>
>Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even when
>just junk mail is received.

I don't hear an alert when junk mail is received because at Tools ->
Options -> "Getting Attention" I don't have the box "Play a sound"
ticked.

I use Tools -> Filters to designate different sounds for my incoming
emails and at the same time sort them into different mail boxes. When
Eudora announces an email I know by the specific sound whether it is a
personal email, a newsletter or something else. If an incoming email
doesn't fit the criteria of my other filters, the last filter sends it
to the "May be junk" mail box with an appropriate sound.
--

Chris Bee
0
"Bumblebee" <chris_bee@address.invalid> wrote in message

> On 06 Oct 2003 23:57:42 GMT,"Tracy E. Schreiber" posted ...
>
> >Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before,
> >would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk.
> >
> >Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even
when
> >just junk mail is received.
>
> I don't hear an alert when junk mail is received because at Tools ->
> Options -> "Getting Attention" I don't have the box "Play a sound"
> ticked.
>
> I use Tools -> Filters to designate different sounds for my incoming
> emails and at the same time sort them into different mail boxes. When
> Eudora announces an email I know by the specific sound whether it is a
> personal email, a newsletter or something else. If an incoming email
> doesn't fit the criteria of my other filters, the last filter sends it
> to the "May be junk" mail box with an appropriate sound.
> --
>
> Chris Bee

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. This is certainly one way to handle it.

I think Qualcomm needs to add an option that allows you to indicate that you
don't want to hear the alert if all you receive is junk.

Tracy

0
Tracy
10/7/2003 1:48:26 PM
"Tracy E. Schreiber" ha scritto:

> "Bumblebee" <chris_bee@address.invalid> wrote in message
> >
> > On 06 Oct 2003 23:57:42 GMT,"Tracy E. Schreiber" posted ...
> >
> > >Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before,
> > >would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk.
> > >
> > >Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even
> when
> > >just junk mail is received.
> >
> > I don't hear an alert when junk mail is received because at Tools ->
> > Options -> "Getting Attention" I don't have the box "Play a sound"
> > ticked.
> >
> > I use Tools -> Filters to designate different sounds for my incoming
> > emails and at the same time sort them into different mail boxes. When
> > Eudora announces an email I know by the specific sound whether it is a
> > personal email, a newsletter or something else. If an incoming email
> > doesn't fit the criteria of my other filters, the last filter sends it
> > to the "May be junk" mail box with an appropriate sound.
>
> Thanks for the info. This is certainly one way to handle it.
>
> I think Qualcomm needs to add an option that allows you to indicate that you
> don't want to hear the alert if all you receive is junk.

Try Tools | Options | Junk Mail | Check "Junk mailbox is never marked
unread."

John
0
Gianni