Mail Alert when only junk mail received

Hi,

Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before, I
would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk.

Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even when
just junk mail is received.

Is that true? I know it wasn't working that way before.

Any body know the real answer and how to fix this?

Thanks,
Tracy

0
Tracy

On 06 Oct 2003 23:57:42 GMT,"Tracy E. Schreiber" posted ...

>Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before, I
>would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk.
>
>Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even when
>just junk mail is received.

I don't hear an alert when junk mail is received because at Tools ->
Options -> "Getting Attention" I don't have the box "Play a sound"
ticked.

I use Tools -> Filters to designate different sounds for my incoming
emails and at the same time sort them into different mail boxes. When
Eudora announces an email I know by the specific sound whether it is a
personal email, a newsletter or something else. If an incoming email
doesn't fit the criteria of my other filters, the last filter sends it
to the "May be junk" mail box with an appropriate sound.
--

Chris Bee
0
"Bumblebee" <chris_bee@address.invalid> wrote in message

> On 06 Oct 2003 23:57:42 GMT,"Tracy E. Schreiber" posted ...
>
> >Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before,
> >would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk.
> >
> >Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even
when
> >just junk mail is received.
>
> I don't hear an alert when junk mail is received because at Tools ->
> Options -> "Getting Attention" I don't have the box "Play a sound"
> ticked.
>
> I use Tools -> Filters to designate different sounds for my incoming
> emails and at the same time sort them into different mail boxes. When
> Eudora announces an email I know by the specific sound whether it is a
> personal email, a newsletter or something else. If an incoming email
> doesn't fit the criteria of my other filters, the last filter sends it
> to the "May be junk" mail box with an appropriate sound.
> --
>
> Chris Bee

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. This is certainly one way to handle it.

I think Qualcomm needs to add an option that allows you to indicate that you
don't want to hear the alert if all you receive is junk.

Tracy

0
Tracy
10/7/2003 1:48:26 PM
"Tracy E. Schreiber" ha scritto:

> "Bumblebee" <chris_bee@address.invalid> wrote in message
> >
> > On 06 Oct 2003 23:57:42 GMT,"Tracy E. Schreiber" posted ...
> >
> > >Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before,
> > >would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk.
> > >
> > >Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even
> when
> > >just junk mail is received.
> >
> > I don't hear an alert when junk mail is received because at Tools ->
> > Options -> "Getting Attention" I don't have the box "Play a sound"
> > ticked.
> >
> > I use Tools -> Filters to designate different sounds for my incoming
> > emails and at the same time sort them into different mail boxes. When
> > Eudora announces an email I know by the specific sound whether it is a
> > personal email, a newsletter or something else. If an incoming email
> > doesn't fit the criteria of my other filters, the last filter sends it
> > to the "May be junk" mail box with an appropriate sound.
>
> Thanks for the info. This is certainly one way to handle it.
>
> I think Qualcomm needs to add an option that allows you to indicate that you
> don't want to hear the alert if all you receive is junk.

Try Tools | Options | Junk Mail | Check "Junk mailbox is never marked
unread."

John
0
Gianni

Junk mail in Mail
With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode, I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail remembers that, as if it were in training mode. On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to > training mode to tell Mail wha...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

mail junk-mail rule
For some reason, the junk mail rule is not working for one of my accounts--my primary account. If I reset the junk mail settings, it will work and properly mark a portion of the mail as junk mail, but after as I start to train it to recognize other junk mail, it stops identifying any of that mail as junk mail. Checking or unchecking the options for sender in my address book, previous recipients, or message is sent to my full name does not have any effect. This problem does not happen with my other accounts, though. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this problem? -- Stop Ma...

mail() goes to Junk Mail
Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to @xyz.com junk mail folders. Why is that so? How can I fix it? Thank you, --Andre Phandana On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:53:18 -0500, "Andre Phandana" <aphandan@purdue.edu> wrote: >Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to >@xyz.com junk mail folders. >Why is that so? Have you asked the mail administrator of xyz.com? >How can I fix it? There's the flippant answer of "don't send junk", but it might be better if you posted an example of how...

Mail
Is this happening to anyone else? Within the last week, Mail is suddenly dumping a LOT of messages into the Junk Mail folder. Do you know why this might be happening? Messages are going there that have previously gone to my Inbox. Just curious. -- Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle." A few pics from the Fair are here: http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254 In article <barbschaller-277DF8.23293225102010@news.iphouse.com>, Melba's Jammin'...

Junk mail not going to junk mail folder.
When I receive junk mail in my in box, I send it to the junk mail folder, the idea being that Eudoira will remember that directive and future emails from the same sender will be automatically routed there, and I won't see them in my in box. I checked the option "Automatically place Junk in Junk mailbox" But emails from the exactly same spammers keep reappearing in the in box That that redirect is ignored. How can I get this to work? I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 with XP/SP3 Thanks MS On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 01:16:17 -0700 (PDT), mstag <stagersound@gmail.com>...

Check Mail returns no mail when in fact there is mail
On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer (which connects directly to the DSL without utilizing the wireless connection). I can send mail from the laptop just fine using Eudora. I get no error message when attempting to check for mail, just the dialogue box telling me I have no new mail. The small circle that appears in the lower right corner of the status bar turns as it normally does when the program checks for mail, then in about 2 seconds the dialogue box appears to say I have no new mail. Any suggestions for fixing this problem? Thanks, Dave. Dave <dtkipp@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless > network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it > would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have > no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser > on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set > identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

Mail erases mail?
Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get it back? -- John Rethorst jrethorst at post dot com In article <noone-B571F2.18450825092004@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> wrote: > Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from > that account promptly disap...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because ...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so they'll be available in Mozilla as well? -- Hallvard Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: > In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the > attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message > itself, encoded in BASE-64. > > > How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so > they'll be available in Mozilla as well? > > Hi. Try this plugin http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm#exporter -- mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index Brana Bujenovic wrote: > Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in > news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: >> How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so >> they'll be ...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical cop...

New Mail Announcement for Junk Mail
How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail? I have the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I don't think I should be getting the announce. Also, the mail indicator appears at the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail. Steven Jacobsohn wrote: >How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all >the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail? I have >the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I don't >think I should be getting the announce. Also, the mail indicator appears at >the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail. > > > > I think you have to UNcheck the stuff in getting attention and use filters to make a sound when good mail arrives, and set the junk filter to make no sound. Rick -- Editing is a rewording activity. Thanks Rick. You sent me in the right direction. Actually, I left the stuff checked in "getting attention" and then wrote two filters. One filter directs incoming mail with high junk scores (for me that's a score over 45) to do nothing. The other filter directs incoming mail with low junk scores (under 46) to "Notify User" "As Normal". Checking the "As Normal" box directs Eudora to use the ite...

Mail app in Jornada not receiving mail
I was just given a brand new, in the box, never used HP Jornada 548 running CE 3.0. I bought an AmbiCom 802.11 card for it so that I could use it with my home wireless LAN/ADSL connection. The card allows me to connect to the Internet, and I can surf the web with the thing wirelessly - as advertised. Now I also have a Macintosh Powerbook with a built-in Airport card and a Windows PC as well as a Mac G4 all connected to my network router either via Wi-Fi or Ether. I can receive and send mail on all three computers, but for some reason I cannot get e-mail to work with the Jornada and t...

Mail automatically deleting junk mail
On my wife's iBook, Mail is automatically deleting junk mail as soon as she clicks on the Junk Mail folder to check the contents. I can't find anything in the preferences that would be causing this. Any suggestions? Thanks! In article <timmcn-52B943.23120425102006@news.iphouse.com>, Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> wrote: > On my wife's iBook, Mail is automatically deleting junk mail as soon as > she clicks on the Junk Mail folder to check the contents. I can't find > anything in the preferences that would be causing this. Any > suggestio...

Why Is Junk Mail Marked As Unread Mail
I wish that all of the junk mail would automatically go into my Junk folder as read messages. It is very time consuming to need to open the Junk folder, highlight the unread Junk messages, and mark them as read just to change the Junk folder title in the left pane to go back to unbold. Am 28.05.2004 00:05, Jim Thornton schrieb: > I wish that all of the junk mail would automatically go into my Junk folder > as read messages. It is very time consuming to need to open the Junk > folder, highlight the unread Junk messages, and mark them as read just to > change the Junk folder title in the left pane to go back to unbold. Hi, do the following: Go to the menu Tools -> Options -> Category 'Junk Mail' and make a check in 'Junk mailbox is never marked unread'. Best Regards, Ansgar Ansgar Schrage <news.20.sapper@spamgourmet.com> wrote: >Am 28.05.2004 00:05, Jim Thornton schrieb: >> I wish that all of the junk mail would automatically go into my Junk folder >> as read messages. It is very time consuming to need to open the Junk >> folder, highlight the unread Junk messages, and mark them as read just to >> change the Junk folder title in the left pane to go back to unbold. > >Hi, > >do the following: > >Go to the menu Tools -> Options -> Category 'Junk Mail' and make a check >in 'Junk mailbox is never marked unread'. > >B...

Persistant Junk Mail in Mail.app
I use Mail.app for emaii. Mail.app includes a Bayesian filter which is supposed to "learn" the characteristics of a particular mail designated by me as junk and will eventually automatically move mail with the learned characteristics to the junk mail list. This seems to usually work but there are a few exceptions. My assumption is that the senders of those emails have somehow done something to bypass the junk filter. I'm curious as to what that could be. Any thoughts will be appreciated. -- James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas In article <atnt47Fk1v3U1@mid.indiv...

Junk mail notifies that there is new mail
Why would Eudora suddenly start notifying me of new mail when junk arrives? This was never the case before and it started happening after upgrade to 6.01. Any ideas how to correct? TIA David Handler wrote: > > Why would Eudora suddenly start notifying me of new mail when junk arrives? > > This was never the case before and it started happening after upgrade to > 6.01. > > Any ideas how to correct? Tools | Options | Junk Mail | Check "Junk mailbox is never marked unread." John John Tubbs <SpamKiller@NoSpam.Org> wrote in news:3FD27779.EE85C87D@NoSpam.Org: > David Handler wrote: >> >> Why would Eudora suddenly start notifying me of new mail when junk >> arrives? >> >> This was never the case before and it started happening after upgrade >> to 6.01. >> >> Any ideas how to correct? > > Tools | Options | Junk Mail | Check "Junk mailbox is never marked > unread." > > > John > It is already checked. This worked fine until I upgraded to 6.0.1.1 Dochan ...

Mail.app and junk mail training
If I change the rules in Mail.app for junk mail to move the message to a Junk folder, the mode changes from "Training" to "Custom." My question is this: does Mail.app still adapt when I flag a message as Junk (or Not Junk), or does that only happen specifically when mode is "Training"? (I use email at home and at work on an IMAP account, and I'd like to leave the messages around so that both programs get a chance to evaluate them. But I'd also like to keep them out of the way, in a separate folder.) -- Tad Davis taddavis@ucwphilly.rr.com http://ta...

Web resources about - Mail Alert when only junk mail received - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

List of awards and nominations received by Lil' Kim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kimberly Denise Jones , known by her stage name Lil' Kim , is an American rapper and singer-songwriter. Her debut studio album Hard Core was ...

Workers received cars and overseas holidays: Palmer
Palmer United Party leader Clive Palmer has denied any wrongdoing over large political donations made to his party from his beleaguered business, ...

Would you pay up if you received an Ashley Madison blackmail letter like THIS?
... letters through the mail. And, for the recipients, the letters are truly terrifying. A reader of Graham Cluley’s security website received ...

The Ted Cruz campaign sends out a mailer that's creepier than something I called "incredibly creepy mail" ...
... don't have a preference in the election, don't vote. If you think no one deserves your vote, don't vote. Now, some voters in Iowa have received ...

Clinton Says She Never Sent, Received Any Material Marked Classified
“I never sent or received any material marked classified, and that hasn’t changed,” Hillary Clinton says in NPR interview, responding to questions ...

Tech City UK received just 37 applications for a visa scheme that could allow 200 tech immigrants to ...
Tech City UK, a taxpayer-funded government organisation, has received just 37 applications since April 2015 for a dedicated technology visa that ...

Tech City UK received just 37 applications for a visa route that allows 200
Tech City UK, a taxpayer-funded government organisation, has received just 37 applications since April 2015 for a dedicated technology visa that ...

State Department: Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice staffers received classified info via personal email ...
Hillary Clinton isn't the only past secretary of state who received "classified" information in a personal email account. Colin Powell and Condoleezza ...

Tim Cook received as many votes as Bobby Jindal in presidential primary
If Tim Cook ever parts with Apple, his resume for becoming a politician is looking pretty strong. Not only has Cook become one of the most prominent ...