Mail folders from Linux to Windows

I have a version of Linux running a male client called "Evolution".  I
want to export to Windows XP > Eudora the mail folders and address
book.
Has anyone on this NG ever done such a transfer, and if so, can they
post any pointers here.  TIA
-
Remove AT to reply

P F James
0
Peter

Locking up Windows User when accessing outlook exchange server with java mail class / Windows Nutzer gespeert nach dem Versuch auf OutlookExchange Folder zuzugreifen mit der java.mail class
{English} Hello, we have an exchange server here and I am pulling out the messages from the outlook folder to my database. That works fine. But there are some strange things happening. After a couple of times of testing the connection and opening the Store and the Folder, getting the messages, closing the Folder and closing the Store, my windows / outlook user gets locked. And I don't know why!!! Is it possible that i shouldn't have outlook started in the background? Beacause with the java.mail class I open the Folder in READ_WRITE mode that this interfears with outlook? Thx for ...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Really really confused: Matlab's tricky window behavior on Linux, Windows 2000 and Window XP (was: why my matlab program on Linux and Windows XP behave so differently?)
"gino" <mizhael@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cd5a6s$due$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Hi folks, > > The matlab program is supposed to be cross platform compatible. Since matlab > uses Java, it should behave the same for the GUI to display on Windows XP > and Linux. But now, the GUI window was completely random showing on Linux > and on Windows XP. Manu UI control components are off their place. If I fix > this problem on Linux, the the UI controls will be off their place on > Windows; if I fix this problem on Windows, then the UI controls will be off >...

Looking for a maildir mail reader for locally reading my mails under Windows
Hi, I am now synchronzing my Gmail accounts with offlineimap. All my accounts are saved (~ 40 GB of emails) in the maildir format under a global mail directory. I am now looking for a graphical mail reader that can directly read my maildir directory. If possible, I would like to avoid running an IMAP server for locally reading my emails. - I eliminated Alpine, Cone, Gnus, Mutt, Pine which are text-based readers. - I installed Opera Mail but did find how to tell it to load my local maildir directory. - I installed Novell Evolution but the application seems very complex & heavy (many processes are started) and it does too much for what I need. Moreover, I quickly crashed the software. - KMail seems to be only available/supported on Unix platforms. * Do you know any other graphical & local maildir readers for Windows ? * If not, could you advise me a good free IMAP server (the simpler to configure is the better for me) ? Thanks in advance for helping me. On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 04:10:02 -0800, Castor Nageur wrote: > I am now looking for a graphical mail reader that can directly read my > maildir directory. > If possible, I would like to avoid running an IMAP server for locally > reading my emails. And why, pray tell, do you think that a newsgroup dedicated to the program sendmail is an appropriate place to ask? -- Joe Zeff -- The Guy With The Sideburns: http://www.zeff.us http://www.lasfs.info I was looking at some BMI charts this last week, and c...

Windows Mail
Does anyone know the criteria used by Windows Mail to identify Junk Mail? I have the option set - Remove obvious Junk Mail to Junk Mail Folder. I am not joking, but the only mail that gets sent to Junk is Mail from CA! Really! Has anyone else noticed this? Terry Bourne Terry, Have you bothered to look at your junk mail settings? <g> Are your updates up to date? Are you on Outlook 2007? It all works great here, well at least within the limited parameters that it sets for itself. By far the greatest junk mail filtering occurs at the ISP level as most ISPs prov...

How to Import mail from Linux to Windows (for Mozilla)?
Hello, My primary email client is Mozilla on Windows. When I was try to download my email from my ISP, the Mozilla client would stop after X number of messages. I have tried to import in MS Outlook and had the same problem. In both cases, the few emails that I downloaded were not deleted from the server (although the server settings were set to delete the mail after download). I switched to my Linux system and used fetchmail. The download was smooth and efficient. I can use mutt to read the email. Now I have copied the mbox from /var/spool/mail directory to my Windows box, to i...

How to Import mail from Linux to Windows (for Mozilla)?
Hello, This question is not Linux related but Open Source tools related. My primary email client is Mozilla on Windows. When I was try to download my email from my ISP, the Mozilla client would stop after X number of messages. I have tried to import in MS Outlook and had the same problem. In both cases, the few emails that I downloaded were not deleted from the server (although the server settings were set to delete the mail after download). I switched to my Linux system and used fetchmail. The download was smooth and efficient. I can use mutt to read the email. Now I have copied the mbox from /var/spool/mail directory to my Windows box, to import into Mozilla. This is where I am lost. The import feature only gives the option to import from Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express. How do I import email from the Linux mbox into Mozilla Mail client in Windows? (I have tried Thunderbird but had the same issues as above.) Thank you in advance for any help. Regards, Subba Rao -- SR castellan2004-mail@SPAMBUSTER.yahoo.com Please remove SPAMBUSTER to reply via email. On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 07:24:02 -0500, Subba Rao <castellan2004-mail@SPAMBUSTER.yahoo.com> wrote: > How do I import email from the Linux mbox into Mozilla Mail client in > Windows? (I have tried Thunderbird but had the same issues as above.) > > Thank you in advance for any help. > You might set up a pop server on your Linux box, and let...

Sending Mail from Eudora Through Windows Live
My ISP recently switched over to using Windows Live to handle their email, meaning that I had to change my email settings for both incoming and outgoing mail in Eudora. (I use Eudora Light 6.2.3.4, just to clarify.) After a bit of fiddling, the incoming settings are working properly, but the outgoing settings are not. :/ Here is what they told me to use: Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.live.com Outgoing SMTP Mail Port: 587 Authentication Required: Yes (Your Windows Live ID and password) TLS/SSL Required: Yes (Select TLS if available, if not select SSL) Under Sending Mail, I'v...

Windows mail.
Hi. Does anyone have example scripts to work with Windows Mail and in particular with usenet groups? I want to build a spam filter to run on all the groups I am subscribed to. -- DaveN DaveN wrote: > Hi. > > Does anyone have example scripts to work with Windows Mail and in particular > with usenet groups? I want to build a spam filter to run on all the groups > I am subscribed to. > Don't write your own when one already exists. http://www.nfilter.org/ -- Len "l v" <veatchla@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:NcGdnW-51_ewEovVnZ2dnUVZ_hadnZ2d@...

Opening Linux e-mail files in Windows
We were running a Linux box with of Redhat 7. This server handled any e-mail that came from outside our company and also handled our webmail. The operating system crashed on the linux box and we were unable to get it running again. We were hoever able to pull the files from each users home directory off and store them on a networked drive. We have replaced the linux box with an exchange 5.5 server running an OWA. What we are looking to do is import, forward, or resend the e-mail that was stored on the old linux box to the new Exchange server. I was wondering if anyone has done...

New mail folder / Main mail folder annoyances
I use Pegasus mail 4.21c. Since Pegasus has a seperate "New Mail" folder, I end up having to search some mail in the "New Mail" folder and some mail in the "Main" folder. Not all of the "New Mail" mail can make it to the Main folder. Is there any way of JUST having a Main folder? I just want the newer mail on top of the older one... not two folders. Also, the New Mail folder takes a long time to load, while the Main folder (with much more mail) loads very quickly... So I want to avoid the New Mail folder altogether. Is this corrected in 4....

Sharing mail between Windows and Linux using Mozilla, AND bookmarks
A while ago I posted how to use Mozilla as a solution for sharing mail between Windows and Linux on a dual-boot system: http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=ad16e28.0108290524.4fddb1f7%40posting.google.com&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain At that time I recommended to make a symbolic link for Mozilla's bookmarks so that they could be shared as well. That used to work, but more recent versions of Mozilla destroy the link. I have just learned that there is a much cleaner solution to access the bookmarks file in a different location: Specify the location of the bookmarks by creating "us...

Windows Mail folder list always completely opened
Windows Mail folder list has a tree structure which should be saved on closing and reloaded on next time startup, but since some time the program always starts with all tree branches opened so that the complete tree structure is visible and requires a lot of scrolling. Where does Windows Mail store the tree structure with actually opened branches? Or better, how can I keep all branches closed when mail is restarted? On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 13:52:13 +0100, "Anton Bayer" <abayer@sofort-mail.de> wrote: >Windows Mail folder list has a tree structure which should...

hosted e-mail service leaves Windows for Linux
Hosted E-Mail Service Leaves Windows for Linux anon Oct 30 2004 Webmail.us, which provides hosted e-mail service for small and medium-size businesses, will announce next week a raft of improvements to its service, including a major migration of its core e-mail platform from Microsoft Windows to an open-source platform. [...] From a platform based on Windows running in-house applications, Webmail.us has moved to Red Hat's Linux operating system with open-source e-mail applications such as PostFix, SquirrelMail, Courier, and Clam A/V. Coupled with infrastructure enhancements to its data ...

No mouse scrolling in "Select a mail folder" window
It's taken me a while to realize that when I select a mail message in my New Mail folder and then click on "MOVE" in the top menu, the next window that opens is "Select a mail folder". In that window my MS mouse doesn't scroll. It does scroll in all other windows. Anyone know an answer? TIA, Rich g0ca309bmd056k0tf486l4a8r89ropnc36@4ax.com, Rich <grstidge@localnet.com>: > It's taken me a while to realize that when I select a mail message in > my New Mail folder and then click on "MOVE" in the top menu, the next > window...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so they'll be available in Mozilla as well? -- Hallvard Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: > In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the > attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message > itself, encoded in BASE-64. > > > How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so > they'll be available in Mozilla as well? > > Hi. Try this plugin http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm#exporter -- mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index Brana Bujenovic wrote: > Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in > news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: >> How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so >> they'll be ...

"Phone home" mail script for MS-Windows
Greetings. I've got a laptop computer which I'm trying to secure against theft. I've already got insurance and a security cable, but as a last resort I'd like to set it up to "phone home" by trying to send me an e-mail whenever it's activated. The system is dual-boot Windows XP and GNU/Linux. I use the latter almost exclusively, and writing my own "phone home" program is a trivial one-line shell script (see below). However, I expect most thieves will opt to boot into Windows XP. Is there any comparable batch file or free software I can use to have ...

Linux Does What Windows Don't (Why Linux is better than Windows)
Linux Does What Windows Don't (Why Linux is better than Windows) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD6nqQrJx78 The message is in the video. That means play the stupid thing, People! On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 08:31:13 -0700 (PDT), John Gohde wrote: > Linux Does What Windows Don't (Why Linux is better than Windows) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD6nqQrJx78 > > The message is in the video. > > That means play the stupid thing, People! lol ! What he fails to mention is the quality of said applications. What he fails to mention is out of the b...

[News] Linux, Unlike Windows, Runs Both Linux and Windows Programs

Eudora 6.2.3.4 Check Mail Window
Hi! Is there a way for the check mail window to appear automatically once Eudora comes up, or does one always have to click the check mail icon? Cheers, Vincent On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:41:27 GMT, Vincent <vze4dppm@verizon.net> wrote: >Is there a way for the check mail window to appear automatically once >Eudora comes up, or does one always have to click the check mail icon? Enter a positive value in Tools > Options > Checking Mail > Check for mail every [ n ] minutes -- Ajo Wissink ...

Hosted E-Mail Service Leaves Windows for Linux #2
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=index&cid=1817 >Webmail.us, which provides hosted e-mail service for small and >medium-size businesses, will announce next week a raft of improvements to >its service, including a major migration of its core e-mail platform from >Microsoft Windows to an open-source platform. >Webmail.us is an outsourced e-mail service aimed at companies that have >between 5 and 500 employees. Its parent company, Excedent Technologies in >Blacksburg, Virginia, launched Webmail.us about a year ago. The >subsidiary sells the service directly to custome...

Windows 8 Mail Leaves Users Pining For the Desktop =?windows-1251?b?lw==?= or Even Their Phones
<http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/07/13/2152226/windows-8-mail-leaves-users-pining-for-the-desktop-or-even-their-phones> <quote> "The e-mail client in Windows 8 is the shell of a potentially good application — but Microsoft hasn't given it the proper care it deserves. With less than a month before Windows 8 hits RTM, Mail is a mess that doesn't support IMAP, can't connect to servers with self-signed certificates, and lacks basic features like flagging messages for followup. Metro Mail is feature-deficient compared not just to other desktop and tablet app...

Web resources about - Mail folders from Linux to Windows - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Virtual folder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing, a virtual folder generally denotes an organizing principle for files that is not dependent on location in a hierarchical directory ...

Share Dropbox Folders With Facebook Friends
... of shared content. Dropbox differs from from other file sharing apps , or at least the ones that connect to Facebook, in using folders for ...

Facebook updates Home, adds folders
Facebook on Monday announced an update to Home , its platform for Android. Now Home users can categorize their apps into folders. A Facebook ...

Flo-Box - Private Photo + Video Folder on the App Store on iTunes
Get Flo-Box - Private Photo + Video Folder on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Samsung Introduced New 2G, 3G Folder Phones for Respected Old Generations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Samsung Electronics said on Thursday that it will introduce user-convenient 2G and 3G folder phones under the brand name of ‘Samsung Master’ ...

New Apple TV tvOS hacked to show iOS-like app folders
... the first tvOS 9.1 beta to developers earlier this week, but it lacked the addition of one major feature many have been calling for: folder ...

OneDrive’s latest update brings 3D Touch support, scoped folder search
... owners to take advantage of Microsoft’s Intune mobile application management support. However, it’s the return of another feature, Scoped folder ...

tvOS 9.2 beta 1 adds support for app folders, Bluetooth keyboards
... update for the fourth-generation Apple TV adds a number of new capabilities for the fresh platform, including the ability to stow apps in folders ...

tvOS 9.2 beta introduces folders and restores Bluetooth keyboard support
... tvOS 9.2's new features are all versions of things that already exist in iOS 9 or in the old Apple TV operating system. The biggest is folder ...

Instantly switch to favorite folders with Quick Access Popup
It happens all the time. You’re working in Explorer, maybe opening or saving a file, but the current folder is so far away that you have to click, ...