Missing Download Messages

I've been having some unusual occurrences lately when downloading my
mail.  (Eudora v.6.2, sponsored version.)  I have a few different
pesonalities/user names, and will see a message that I have mail for
two different ones, and only one downloads.  I've checked and the
other isn't going to junk, trash, or anywhere else.

I also know I've missed some mail recently, or at least that's what
one of my contacts said.

Any thoughts on this?

I use Windows XP.
0
Edw
12/4/2004 12:52:12 AM
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10580 articles. 5 followers. bob234 (1) is leader. Post Follow

Edw. Peach <bogus_addie@none.net> wrote:
> I've been having some unusual occurrences lately when downloading my
> mail.  (Eudora v.6.2, sponsored version.)  I have a few different
> pesonalities/user names, and will see a message that I have mail for
> two different ones, and only one downloads.  I've checked and the
> other isn't going to junk, trash, or anywhere else.

Is the problem that only one downloads or that they both download and the
messages for one seem to disappear? If you don't know, you should watch
the Task Status window to see what is happening. (Make sure you have the
various columns in it set to display so that you can actually tell what is
happening.)

How are you determining that the missing messages aren't going to Junk or
Trash or anywhere else? One of the more common reasons for disappearing
messages is that they are being filtered to the Trash twice, which deletes
them. The only way to tell that that is happening is if you've included a
"notify user" action in the filters doing the trashing and turned on the
filter report. Apart from that, the other relatively common reason for
messages "disappearing" is that they're being sorted to a place in the
mailbox that isn't obvious.

--
Katrina
0

Eudora scrolls to new messages when new mail is downloaded
I am using Eudora 7.1 with a POP server and the following happens: - I have Eudora set to check email every x minutes. - I am reading an older email in my Inbox using the preview pane. - Eudora checks email and receives new mail. - After the mail is received, Eudora automatically scrolls the Inbox to the bottom so that the new mail is selected, and the new mail is displayed in the preview pane. The resulting problems are: - My reading of the older email is interrupted. - The older email is not even selected anymore, so I have to go hunt for it again to...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

Eudora downloads mail again and again
I use Eudora 7.0.1.9 paid on Windows 7 64 bit. When I reinstalled it last week my 'dominant' personality was intact, but I had to rebuild my private personality. Both personalities download mail from gmail. Unfortunately the private personality downloads the same mail again and again. The dominant personality doesn't do this. There just isn't any difference in the way I've configured these personalities so far as I can see. Any thoughts? ...

Eudora cannot download mail
Using Eudora 6.0.3 which has been working fine till now. When I go to download messages Eudora says Checking Logging onto POP server but nothing comes down. Eventually it times out. I assume there must be something wrong in the eudora.ini setting but cannot figure out what Any help will be appreciated and I appologise if this message gets posted twice. ...

Eudora not downloading messages, sort of
Hello, New to this group and don't see my issue after reading a bunch of prior posts. (Don't know why I have never found this group before! Have been a happy Eudora user since netscape bundled it - I think - back in 1995). Problem: Got up this morning, opened Eudora and began downloading messages. But it only downloaded one from late the prior evening. Strange, I thought, usually I wake up to about 10. "Checked mail" again (it is set to check every 10 mins.). It downloaded one more message, from a similar time. Pressed check mail again, again it downloaded one me...

Child Window Missing Messages
I wrote a grid control. It works OK when I add it to a dialog but it doesn't get keyboard messages when I add it as a child to a parent application window. It does get WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK & WM_LBUTTONDOWN messages but not WM_CHAR and WM_KEYDOWN. It has something to do w/ the coding of the control because when I create an edit box as a child to the parent app it takes text input fine. Am I missing something in my control's window proc? I'd really appreciate any help. Thanx. ...

Eudora downloads duplicate mail
I am having a problem with Eudora downloading email messages more than once. If I read and delete a message -- no problem. But if I keep it in a mailbox, then the same message will often turn up again in a day or so. If it matters, when messages come in, they are sent to various mailboxes using filters. Does anyone else see this? Or know how to prevent it? -- R. Dale Shipp spam_catcher3 (at) _delete_this_comcast (dot) net On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 01:10:24 -0400, "r. dale shipp" <spam_catcher3@comcast.net> wrote: > >I am having a problem with Eud...

How does Eudora know which messages it has downloaded?
Silly question I know but..... How does Eudora know which messages it has downloaded from the POP server? The reason I ask is that I had my mailbox destroyed by Symantec Antivirus corp edition version 9 (Symantec are looking into this.....). So, I restored my in.mbx and in.toc from backup. This backup was 4 days old. However, I set my Eudora to leave mail on server for 8 days, so I thought it would just download the mail again for the last 4 days (yes it is on the server still, I checked via a webmail interface). However, Eudora only downloaded mail that had come in today (ie mail th...

Mail double-downloading messages??
Hi, I've got an iMac running Mac OS 10.5 and after installing the latest update from Apple, Mail is behaving strangely. It is doubling up the incoming messages from the POP server so that two of each are appearing in the InBox. There are no Rules defined. Does anyone know why or how to fix this problem?? Thanks. Is it doubling up new messages, or only the old ones? I've had Mail occasionally forget what messages it has downloaded from the server and re-reads all messages not yet deleted from the server. This is a 1-time event and new messages don't get doubled. I'v...

Eudora freezes on mail download
I don't think I've seen quite this problem specified but forgive me if it's already been dealt with. I could only find 1049 messages on my news server for this group and a quick scan didn't seem to show anyone having covered it precisely, so, here goes: I recently upgraded all my users here from 5.2.1 to 6.0.1 because of the recent security vulnerability and have been getting lots of complaints about lockups whenever Eudora downloads mail. They press the 'check mail button' or their preset automated time arrives and the mail is downloaded, the application th...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include t...

Eudora will not download messages
Using version 6.0.3 which had been working fine for a long time. Now when I ask it to download files all I get is Task Logging into POP Server Then Finally Error reading from Network, Cause Eudora got tired of waiting for the server (10100) Any idea what has gone wrong. Richard D ...

How to use Python to open Unread message(s) in specific Outlook folder, clicking a hyperlink within the email message to a secure login window, entering password to download .csv file, run Excel macro
Entire Project I am very new to Python and realize my subject line is more than a mouthful= and the best way to tackle this project may be to break it down into small= er projects; but I wanted to let you know what my entire project is in the = event there is/are shortcuts or more reliable ways to go about what I'm try= ing to accomplish. Details Every morning I receive three emails (three different subject lines) in the= same Sub-Folder ("POINT") under Folder ("Reports") in my Inbox in Outlook.= Each email has two secure hyperlinks, one provides me with ...

Eudora 7.1 Not Downloading Messages
Hi, all. Every so often, Eudora 7.1.09 won't download my messages off the server. Sometimes it lasts for days. The little yin/yang symbol just keeps spinning. Usually it sorts itself out and I just use webmail in the meantime. Once it does come back up, though, it downloads duplicate messages that I've already downloaded and even deleted from the server. Is there a fix for this problem? It also happened for me in earlier versions of Eudora. Any help is appreciated. Todd On 3/17/2011 12:23 AM, Todd wrote: > Every so often, Eudora 7.1.0.9 > won't d...

Eudora not downloading mail from a specific address
I started having trouble with Eudora not downloading email from a specific address that is NOT blocked, junked, spam or anything else. I have had a filter set up for this address for years and it worked fine till 2-3 days ago. I have tried to redirect an email from that address back to me, and I don't receive the email. I am at a loss what to do. I have been able to check my email from my ISP website and the email is showing up there, but Eudora is simply not downloading the messages. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lenee On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 08:28:01 -0700 (PDT),...

Mail 1.3 missing some messages
A curious problem - I'm using MacOS X (10.3) and with the included mail client (Mail v1.3) some messages are being left on the server, and some are not being deleted after being downloaded. I do have Mail set to delete from the server immediately after downloading. My mail server is hosted with Hostway, and I believe it runs Windows NT or somesuch. If I use Entourage X these messages will download, and will be deleted. I checked that they are addressed correctly - I know my main account is a catch-all for everything that comes to non-existent users. This sounds like a problem with Mai...

Problems getting Eudora to download mail
Hello. I was here briefly about a year ago and got a lot of wonderful help. Googling et al hasn't done much good with my latest problems, so I'm back begging for more of your aggregate wisdom. My laptop had a BIOS meltdown last Fall and one of the guys at work fixed it for me. He kindly loaded XP Pro and Office 2003,(legally. Our licenses allow it.) and I brought my restored baby home. I've been stuck with Outlook for three months now and am about ready to give up email entirely. It's bad enough having to use it at work. However, I simply cannot get Eu...

Missing mail in Eudora 5.2
Having a possible problem w/Version 5.2. Sometimes the program will go thru the motions of downloading messages ( or maybe message ) and you get the screen that says that you have new mail plus the little envelope is showing in the lower right hand corner. Upon clicking OK to close the notification screen and then on the envelope, every seems to work normally, except there are no new messages displayed, either in the In or Trash box. I have a number of filters loaded which sends the junk to the trash box along with Norton A/V 2002 running. Anyone have this problem and what can ...

from Eudora for Mac to MS Outlook for windows
Any experts who could help me? I used Eudora 6.0 on my Mac and have been forced to use a PC running Microsoft Outlook for Windows XP at grad school. I was able to move my mail halfway, by installing Eudora 6.0 for WindowsXP and transferring my mailboxes by memory key, then adding a ".mbx" suffix. But 2 problems: 1 - Outlook won't import from Eudora 6.0. It demands Eudora 4.x or lower. WHERE CAN I FIND EUDORA 4.X OR LOWER? 2 - I can't figure out how to get my email address book into either the Eudora for Windows on my PC or even better into Outlook. All help de...

Sending Mail from Eudora Through Windows Live
My ISP recently switched over to using Windows Live to handle their email, meaning that I had to change my email settings for both incoming and outgoing mail in Eudora. (I use Eudora Light 6.2.3.4, just to clarify.) After a bit of fiddling, the incoming settings are working properly, but the outgoing settings are not. :/ Here is what they told me to use: Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.live.com Outgoing SMTP Mail Port: 587 Authentication Required: Yes (Your Windows Live ID and password) TLS/SSL Required: Yes (Select TLS if available, if not select SSL) Under Sending Mail, I'v...

Sizing the new mail message window
I recently reinstalled v4.41 on a new hard drive, mostly successfully. However, I have yet to discover how to adjust the size of the new mail message window. Is there an obvious place in Tools - Options - etc. that I'm overlooking? The default window is too small for me and I would like to make it larger. Any suggestions? TIA Jesse Jesse Blount vient de nous annoncer : > I recently reinstalled v4.41 on a new hard drive, mostly successfully. > However, I have yet to discover how to adjust the size of the new mail > message window. Is there an obviou...

Window eudora to Mac eudora
Hi All, I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to Mac? Thanks in advance, <saipak@alumni.polyu.edu.hk> wrote: > I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the > eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to > Mac? There are ways to do this quite easily. Others, who have done it, will surely reply here in detail, but in the mean time look at <www.emailman.com/conversion> and see if what you nee...

Web resources about - Missing Download Messages - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Download to Donate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Download to Donate is a program by Music for Relief , a non-profit organization established by Linkin Park in 2005 to help victims of natural ...

Dropify Download 2.0 Simplifies Uploading Content To Facebook, Downloading, Sharing
Dropify launched in January, integrating with Facebook’s Open Graph and allowing users to make files available for download via the social network, ...

Download the Facebook IQ digital magazine - Facebook for Business
The Facebook IQ digital magazine puts all the insights, best practices and key stats in one place. Download it on your mobile and read it anywhere. ...

Downloads
Download previous versions of the Facebook for iOS SDK.

CrowdMob’s Mafia Location Game Harnesses Facebook Places to Drive Downloads
Even though Facebook likely has around 700 million users now, it actually isn’t often that we hear the social network is a major driver for user ...

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done
Lifehacker curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age.

Technology Product Reviews, News, Prices & Downloads - PCMag.com - PC Magazine
PC Magazine is your complete guide to PC computers, peripherals and upgrades. We test and review computer- and Internet-related products and ...

Indie Music News, MP3 Downloads, Music Videos, Reviews - Stereogum
MP3s downloads, music videos, concert reviews, tour dates and contests. Updated regularly.

RN Download ThisShow (@RNDownload) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here RN Download ThisShow @ RNDownload ...

Telstra customers use free data day to double downloads
Telstra has declared its national day of free mobile downloads a success, with twice the usual traffic and no significant problems.