missing graphics?!

for some reason when I get emails that have graphics in them, they're
all missing.  sometimes a message pops up saying that the file is
missing, and it references a folder where it should be (something like
eudora/temporaryfiles/...)

please help

thanks
gary
0
Gary
9/27/2004 12:44:40 AM
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10580 articles. 5 followers. bob234 (1) is leader. Post Follow

Gary Beckwith <garybeck@adelphia.net> wrote:
> for some reason when I get emails that have graphics in them, they're
> all missing.  sometimes a message pops up saying that the file is
> missing, and it references a folder where it should be (something like
> eudora/temporaryfiles/...)

More information is needed here. Are you using the internal viewer or the
MS viewer? What kind of graphics are you talking about - embedded graphics
or graphics that have to be downloaded? (They look the same when viewed in
a message, so if you don't know, you'll need to check the source code for
the message to find out.) Eudora doesn't use any directory with a name
like the one you mention. Could you be talking about the temporary
internet directory? If so, chances are that the graphics are downloaded.
When the graphics are missing, what do you see - nothing or a placeholder
of some sort? When you get the message that the files are missing, does
that happen when you first download the message, or later? The usual
reason for messages like that is that the files have been deleted between
the time they were originally downloaded and when you went back to view
the message later.

--
Katrina

0
Katrina
9/29/2004 3:25:55 PM
thanks Katrina, see my answers below.

Katrina Knight wrote:

> Gary Beckwith <garybeck@adelphia.net> wrote:
> > for some reason when I get emails that have graphics in them, they're
> > all missing.  sometimes a message pops up saying that the file is
> > missing, and it references a folder where it should be (something like
> > eudora/temporaryfiles/...)
>
> More information is needed here. Are you using the internal viewer or the
> MS viewer?

I have the MS viewer turned OFF.

 What kind of graphics are you talking about - embedded graphics
> or graphics that have to be downloaded?

I believe they are embedded graphics that should be in my temporary
folder.

 (They look the same when viewed in
> a message, so if you don't know, you'll need to check the source code for
> the message to find out.) Eudora doesn't use any directory with a name
> like the one you mention. Could you be talking about the temporary
> internet directory?

I see a folder called Eudora/Embedded/

 If so, chances are that the graphics are downloaded.
> When the graphics are missing, what do you see - nothing or a placeholder
> of some sort?

I see a greyed out placeholder that is the size of the image.

When you get the message that the files are missing, does
> that happen when you first download the message, or later? The usual
> reason for messages like that is that the files have been deleted between
> the time they were originally downloaded and when you went back to view
> the message later.

I certainly haven't deleted them. And I see a ton of files in my
eudora/embedded/ folder.

> --
> Katrina

thanks,
    gary
0
Gary

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so they'll be available in Mozilla as well? -- Hallvard Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: > In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the > attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message > itself, encoded in BASE-64. > > > How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so > they'll be available in Mozilla as well? > > Hi. Try this plugin http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm#exporter -- mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index Brana Bujenovic wrote: > Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in > news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: >> How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so >> they'll be ...

Missing mail in Eudora 5.2
Having a possible problem w/Version 5.2. Sometimes the program will go thru the motions of downloading messages ( or maybe message ) and you get the screen that says that you have new mail plus the little envelope is showing in the lower right hand corner. Upon clicking OK to close the notification screen and then on the envelope, every seems to work normally, except there are no new messages displayed, either in the In or Trash box. I have a number of filters loaded which sends the junk to the trash box along with Norton A/V 2002 running. Anyone have this problem and what can ...

from Eudora for Mac to MS Outlook for windows
Any experts who could help me? I used Eudora 6.0 on my Mac and have been forced to use a PC running Microsoft Outlook for Windows XP at grad school. I was able to move my mail halfway, by installing Eudora 6.0 for WindowsXP and transferring my mailboxes by memory key, then adding a ".mbx" suffix. But 2 problems: 1 - Outlook won't import from Eudora 6.0. It demands Eudora 4.x or lower. WHERE CAN I FIND EUDORA 4.X OR LOWER? 2 - I can't figure out how to get my email address book into either the Eudora for Windows on my PC or even better into Outlook. All help de...

graphical interfaces to gnuplot for MS Windows
Hi, Where can I find a complete list of currently available graphical interfaces or wrappers for GNUPLOT, especially designed to run the program under MS Windows? Leslaw ...

Sending Mail from Eudora Through Windows Live
My ISP recently switched over to using Windows Live to handle their email, meaning that I had to change my email settings for both incoming and outgoing mail in Eudora. (I use Eudora Light 6.2.3.4, just to clarify.) After a bit of fiddling, the incoming settings are working properly, but the outgoing settings are not. :/ Here is what they told me to use: Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.live.com Outgoing SMTP Mail Port: 587 Authentication Required: Yes (Your Windows Live ID and password) TLS/SSL Required: Yes (Select TLS if available, if not select SSL) Under Sending Mail, I'v...

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors ma...

Windows Eudora to Mac Eudora
Trying to get all my Windows Eudora v7.1 email folders/mailboxes converted to Mac Eudora 6.2 but the instructions on Qualcomm's site are incomplete. Does anyone have a step-by-step solution that they know works? Also - in the Windows version, the mailbox/folder list docks on the left side of the screen (above where Eudora used to have ads. Is there any way in the Mac version to control window placement and docking? One last question - Is this the only place to get active Eudora discussion/user support, or are there other forums for Mac users that are still active? Thanks...

Window eudora to Mac eudora
Hi All, I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to Mac? Thanks in advance, <saipak@alumni.polyu.edu.hk> wrote: > I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the > eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to > Mac? There are ways to do this quite easily. Others, who have done it, will surely reply here in detail, but in the mean time look at <www.emailman.com/conversion> and see if what you nee...

Eudora 6.0 and Redirecting e-mail with graphics
I have a pretty new Dell computer with lots of RAM and a speedy chip. I am using Eudora 6.0 and have not been having any problems until yesterday. I subscribe to several lists and am in the habit of reading some at home and redirecting them to my office e-mail. Some of them are graphics intensive (for example from the Economist magazine). Yesterday and today I am able to open a graphics intensive e-mail and it is fine. However, when I try and redirect it, I get an error message box as follows: Could not open file C:\DOCUME~1\.............. for reading Cause no such file or ...

GTK <==> MS windows graphic system
Hello, does everybody know if there are a library available that translate MS windows graphic calls to GTK calls? The reason is to transport software that is written in a MS windows environment to move that to another system that use GTK only. Is that possible? Thank you very much for some hints. Klaus Klaus-D. Bohn <info@it-bcsb.de> wrote: > Hello, > does everybody know if there are a library available that translate MS > windows graphic calls to GTK calls? > The reason is to transport software that is written in a MS windows > environment to move that to an...

Win 7 crash, Eudora 7 missing mail
Hi, Win 7 Pro, Eudora 7 This morning I had some kind of Win 7 crash after intalling a Java update. After getting the system back up, all my Eudora 7 boxes are missing mail, they do not show any entries after 2013/12/27, both in and out boxes are missing entries after the above date. First I copied the whole Eudora folder as a backup. Then as a test I tried deleting In.toc and recreating it, makes no difference. The Eudora folder shows the following Inbox filesfiles In.mbx 1/16/2014 18,864kb In.toc 1/16/2014 507kb In.mbx.001 12/27/2013 20,214kb In.mbx.002 12/24/2013 25,271kb ...

Eudora 6.2.3.4 Check Mail Window
Hi! Is there a way for the check mail window to appear automatically once Eudora comes up, or does one always have to click the check mail icon? Cheers, Vincent On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:41:27 GMT, Vincent <vze4dppm@verizon.net> wrote: >Is there a way for the check mail window to appear automatically once >Eudora comes up, or does one always have to click the check mail icon? Enter a positive value in Tools > Options > Checking Mail > Check for mail every [ n ] minutes -- Ajo Wissink ...

Eudora Crashed -Status/Task Error Window Gone Missing
Today,my Eudora 6 crashed and gave the usual "Damaged Mailbox,need to rebuild message " . After that the in/out mailbox columns were all crushed up at the left side of the window. After dragging them all to their proper position I noticed that I had "lost" the window at the foot showing the Task Status/Task Errors. I simply cannot get them to show . Anyone any clues . Stuart --------- Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:59:09 +0100, Stuart <stuart@shawsMYPANTS2000.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: >Today,my Eudora 6 crashed and gave ...

"Phone home" mail script for MS-Windows
Greetings. I've got a laptop computer which I'm trying to secure against theft. I've already got insurance and a security cable, but as a last resort I'd like to set it up to "phone home" by trying to send me an e-mail whenever it's activated. The system is dual-boot Windows XP and GNU/Linux. I use the latter almost exclusively, and writing my own "phone home" program is a trivial one-line shell script (see below). However, I expect most thieves will opt to boot into Windows XP. Is there any comparable batch file or free software I can use to have ...

Eudora Won't Display Graphics/Images in Incoming Mail
I have version 7.1.0.9 Paid Mode. All of a sudden I've noticed that images within incoming mail do not display; there's a small box with an "x" within it at the upper left corner of the blank display area. As well, when I move my mouse curser to a URL within a message, it is immediately accompanied by a circular cross-out symbol. Clicking onto the URL will bring it up in my browser, however. Can anyone provide any help? TIA! On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 14:59:04 -0600, Robert E. Yorke wrote: > I have version 7.1.0.9 Paid Mode. > > All of a sudden I'...

Transfering my old Eudora e-mail (on XP) to Windows 7 computer
I have replaced my Windows XP computer with a computer running Windows 7. On my XP computer the Eudora Program was loaded onto the programs area and the data (mbx. toc, etc) were in Application Data area. The file system in Windows 7, is somewhat different. I loaded the program on the program area. I then loaded data on the users area/application data. Apparently, the program is not recognizing the material in the users area/application data. How can I get the Eudora 7.1.9 which installed perfectly, to access the data. Should I place the program and the data in the same Eudo...

Change mail box location version 4.21c Ms Windows
Hello, May be a classical question after change the computer : I had try to change the mailbox location (Option / general / Mailbox location) without effect. I control in Help / About Pegasus Mail / Info What is the efficient way to do this change on 4.21c ? Thanks ..... Philippe ....to answer suppress a e in freee.fr Philippe Marsault <philippe.marsault@freee.fr> wrote: > May be a classical question after change the computer : > > I had try to change the mailbox location (Option / general / > Mailbox location) without effect. I control in Help ...

Can't set Eudora as default mail program in Windows XP
I'm using Eudora 6 and Windows XP. I've done all the regular stuff to make Eudora the default mailer in Windows XP (gone into Control Panel, clicked on Internet Options, clicked on Programs, selected Eudora from the list). Also did all the Eudora stuff, like when it comes up after a new install and the panel says "Select Eudora as default mailer?" I've clicked all the right places. A kind person suggested the following: In Eudora, go to Tools | Options | Extra Warnings, and under Warn me when I: Start Eudora and it's not the default mailer and che...

Object Graphics Windows in X Windows
Folks, I presume I'm the last to hear about this, but I learned about an X server that runs on Windows the other day, named Xming: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xming It is very nice, and it's free. :-) After installing it on my Windows machine, I can log into my LINUX box at work from home and see my calendar, e-mail, EMACS, and even the IDL Workbench! Wow. Who knew!? It works great, except that the darn thing cannot display any kind of object graphics window. This is a HUGE disappointment, naturally, as I can't use my iTools. ;-) Is this an IDL problem, do you think, ...

Importing Eudora mail into Apple Mail
Having used Eudora for too many years, I now have a real mess in the references to attachments. Many of the attachments are no longer accessible from the messages that they arrived in, even though they are still in the attachments folder. The main issue here is that I have moved Eudora to a new machine every few years, and the startup disk has typically had a new name. This in itself is not a big problem, and Eudora still seems able to find the files. (But it does leave the reference in the mailbox with the old disk's name.) However, the other part of the reference is the...

Graphics window erases windows behind.
Hello: I have a simple MATLAB script which I have compiled into a stand-alone utility using the MATLAB compiler. The script produces a contour plot which the user needs to see because he/she needs to enter some additional input based on that graph. After the graph is created, I have an "input" function which makes the main screen active while it waits for the input. The problem is that the graph is now behind the main window and, if I try to move that window out, it erases the area it swipes over including the graph the user needs to see. This is strictly a compiler problem...

Eudora for Windows mailboxes to Eudora for Mac
My searching has found numerous who have experienced my problem, but never a conclusion on how they fixed it. I've been using Eudora on Windows for many, many years... have several GB of email... and now I want to switch my environment over to Mac OS X... but my mail has to switch. Either Eudora for Mac or Apple Mail... but neither seems to import Eudora for Windows mail! Argh! Anyway, I've tried numerous things... including, of course, following the directions provided by Eudora, the directions found on MacNN, and directions found here. I've pulled over all the ...

Web resources about - missing graphics?! - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Graphics Interchange Format - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Graphics Interchange Format ( GIF ; / ˈ dʒ ɪ f / or / ˈ ɡ ɪ f / ) is a bitmap image format that was introduced by CompuServe in 1987 and ...

Book review: Seeing Red is a harrowing, graphic account of the descent into blindness
The first English translation of Chilean writer Lina Meruane's work offers an exhilarating look at what it means to be alive.

Apple quietly launches Mac Pro (Late 2013) Repair Program for graphics card/video issues
... notes that Mac Pros manufactured between February 8, 2015 and April 11, 2015 are eligible for repairs due to issues with the machine’s graphics ...

Amazing combat and graphics coming soon in Heroes of Skyrealm
... campaign, along with a wide range of player-versus-player modes, including several that allow for user-generated content. Gorgeous graphics ...

"Quantum Break" has impressive graphics - Business Insider
It's like you and Littlefinger are hanging out in your living room, hatching Machiavellian schemes together!

GRAPHIC — 4-Year-Old ‘Jihadi Junior’ Executes Non-Believers With Car Bomb
'Today we're going to kill your spies, the same way they helped you kill our brothers.'

Fox Options Boom! Graphic Novel ‘The Empty Man’, Gets David Prior To Fill It
EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has optioned The Empty Man , the Boom! graphic novel written by Eisner Award-winner Cullen Bunn and illustrated by ...

Tonight's NBA All-Star Game Graphics On TNT Brought To You By Microsoft Paint
Have something you think we should know? Email us at tips@deadspin.com , or contact our writers directly , or use our SecureDrop system . You ...

OpenGL's successor is ready to improve gaming graphics
... the successor to OpenGL, has finally been released officially. The new standard gives developers low-level access to discrete and on-chip graphics, ...

Young Entrepreneur Hopes To Improve Science Communication Through Better Graphics
An eighteen-year-old's new start-up promises to improve science communication with a more vivid use of graphics.