New Mail Announcement for Junk Mail

How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all
the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail?  I have
the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I don't
think I should be getting the announce.  Also, the mail indicator appears at
the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail.

0
Steven

Steven Jacobsohn wrote:

>How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all
>the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail?  I have
>the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I don't
>think I should be getting the announce.  Also, the mail indicator appears at
>the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail.

I think you have to UNcheck the stuff in getting attention and use
filters to make a sound when good mail arrives, and set the junk filter
to make no sound.

Rick

--
Editing is a rewording
activity.

"Rick" <Rick@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Steven Jacobsohn wrote:
>
> >How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all
> >the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail?  I
have
> >the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I
don't
> >think I should be getting the announce.  Also, the mail indicator appears
at
> >the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail.
> >

> I think you have to UNcheck the stuff in getting attention and use
> filters to make a sound when good mail arrives, and set the junk filter
> to make no sound.
>
> Rick
>
> --
> Editing is a rewording
> activity.

0
Steven

Junk mail in Mail
With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode, I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail remembers that, as if it were in training mode. On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to > training mode to tell Mail wha...

Junk mail notifies that there is new mail
Why would Eudora suddenly start notifying me of new mail when junk arrives? This was never the case before and it started happening after upgrade to 6.01. Any ideas how to correct? TIA David Handler wrote: > > Why would Eudora suddenly start notifying me of new mail when junk arrives? > > This was never the case before and it started happening after upgrade to > 6.01. > > Any ideas how to correct? Tools | Options | Junk Mail | Check "Junk mailbox is never marked unread." John John Tubbs <SpamKiller@NoSpam.Org> wrote in news...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Copy/Paste mail from one mail.box to a new mail.box
Occassionally, we have to allow the server to create new mail boxes on server restart. When we realize we have an issue, we stop Domino, rename the current mail boxes and then new ones get created by the server. We are wondering if there is a tool that would automatically copy and paste the emails in the orginal mail boxes to the new mail boxes. TIA, It must be a dedicated tool, since copying documents to the mail.box is not allowed: It was a potential leak in security. I believe that since version 5 it is changed and copying docs to the mail.box is disabled. greetzz, Dick &...

Mail
Is this happening to anyone else? Within the last week, Mail is suddenly dumping a LOT of messages into the Junk Mail folder. Do you know why this might be happening? Messages are going there that have previously gone to my Inbox. Just curious. -- Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle." A few pics from the Fair are here: http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254 In article <barbschaller-277DF8.23293225102010@news.iphouse.com>, Melba's Jammin'...

mail() goes to Junk Mail
Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to @xyz.com junk mail folders. Why is that so? How can I fix it? Thank you, --Andre Phandana On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:53:18 -0500, "Andre Phandana" <aphandan@purdue.edu> wrote: >Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to >@xyz.com junk mail folders. >Why is that so? Have you asked the mail administrator of xyz.com? >How can I fix it? There's the flippant answer of "don't send junk", but it might be better if you posted an example of how...

Junk mail not going to junk mail folder.
When I receive junk mail in my in box, I send it to the junk mail folder, the idea being that Eudoira will remember that directive and future emails from the same sender will be automatically routed there, and I won't see them in my in box. I checked the option "Automatically place Junk in Junk mailbox" But emails from the exactly same spammers keep reappearing in the in box That that redirect is ignored. How can I get this to work? I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 with XP/SP3 Thanks MS On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 01:16:17 -0700 (PDT), mstag <stagersound@gmail.com>...

mail junk-mail rule
For some reason, the junk mail rule is not working for one of my accounts--my primary account. If I reset the junk mail settings, it will work and properly mark a portion of the mail as junk mail, but after as I start to train it to recognize other junk mail, it stops identifying any of that mail as junk mail. Checking or unchecking the options for sender in my address book, previous recipients, or message is sent to my full name does not have any effect. This problem does not happen with my other accounts, though. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this problem? -- Stop Ma...

Eudora (v 6.0.3) Doesnt Highlight New Mail. Always Have To Scroll Down To See New Mail.
Even with one new email, in the window showing who, date, time, etc, after receiving new email, the scroll bar scrolls up, forcing me to scroll down to see what new messages there are. Any fix for this? I would think it would highlight and let you view at least the first message, with later messages beneath that first one. On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:18:01 -0400, Connor <connor@huh.com> wrote: >Even with one new email, in the window showing who, date, time, etc, >after receiving new email, the scroll bar scrolls up, forcing me to >scroll down to see what new messages there are. >Any fix for this? I would think it would highlight and let you view >at least the first message, with later messages beneath that first >one. Tools -> Options -> Mailboxes check: FUMLUB -- Ajo Wissink ...

Check Mail returns no mail when in fact there is mail
On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer (which connects directly to the DSL without utilizing the wireless connection). I can send mail from the laptop just fine using Eudora. I get no error message when attempting to check for mail, just the dialogue box telling me I have no new mail. The small circle that appears in the lower right corner of the status bar turns as it normally does when the program checks for mail, then in about 2 seconds the dialogue box appears to say I have no new mail. Any suggestions for fixing this problem? Thanks, Dave. Dave <dtkipp@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless > network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it > would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have > no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser > on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set > identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

new mail does not always show up in the new mail panel
I keep pegasus open with the New Mail Panel visible. But sometimes my incoming new mail does not show up in the new mail panel nor does it ring my "new mail sound". To see it I have to go to some other folder and then return to the New Mail Folder. Then the new mail pops up in the New Mail Panel. -- Pat (To respond by email please remove "MYPANTS" from the email address at the top.) ...

some new mails only appear in new mail folder after restart
Hi, after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. They appear in the new mail folder after I restart pegasus. Can anyone help? Thanx "MO" <moDELETEmads@gDELETEmx.de> wrote: > after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that > Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow > repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. > They appear in the new mail folder after I restar...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

how do I stop new mail folder opening when new mail arrives
Since I reinstalled Pegasus and redid the hierarchy folder, every time I receive new mail, the new mail folder opens. As far, as I can remember, this didn't use to happen - the new mail used to arrive in the new mail folder in Folder manager, then I clicked on the new mail folder using Preview. I don't have Open new mail folder on startup ticked, and can't see what else I can tick/untick Dear Tom, In Tools/Options/Incoming Mail/Folders, tick Crtl+W Tom Thanks, Tom Tom On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:01:15 +0000, Tom Barkas <tom@barkas.co.uk> wrotg: >Dea...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical cop...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so they'll be available in Mozilla as well? -- Hallvard Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: > In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the > attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message > itself, encoded in BASE-64. > > > How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so > they'll be available in Mozilla as well? > > Hi. Try this plugin http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm#exporter -- mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index Brana Bujenovic wrote: > Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in > news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: >> How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so >> they'll be ...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because ...

Mail erases mail?
Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get it back? -- John Rethorst jrethorst at post dot com In article <noone-B571F2.18450825092004@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> wrote: > Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from > that account promptly disap...

Checking mail and new mail folder
Is there a way to keep Pegasus from checking your mail account when the 'new mail folder' is opened.. clicked on? I would have sworn there was but I can't seem to find it in the newer version thanks... larryP@central.com wrote in news:dp07mvo0trg04inrvetau4qdftob9j40h1@4ax.com: > Is there a way to keep Pegasus from checking your mail account when > the 'new mail folder' is opened.. clicked on? > > I would have sworn there was but I can't seem to find it in the newer > version Tools - Internet options - Receiving (POP3) - Uncheck...

Web resources about - New Mail Announcement for Junk Mail - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Public service announcement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A public service announcement ( PSA ) or public service ad, are messages in the public interest disseminated by the media without charge, with ...

Two big announcements.
... This year marks 37signals' 15th year in business. And today is Basecamp's 10th birthday. We have a lot to celebrate, and two exciting announcements ...

4Q EARNINGS CALL: Zuckerberg Discusses ‘Separate Mobile Apps’ Just Prior To Paper Announcement
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg wasn’t joking about “building separate mobile applications beyond the main Facebook app” during the ...

Facebook's latest news, announcements and media resources - Facebook's latest news, announcements and ...
Facebook Newsroom - Facebook's latest news, announcements and media resources

FastMail Weblog - Blog for FastMail announcements, news and comments
Blog for FastMail announcements, news and comments

Instant Analysis: Digesting the Implications of Today’s Platform Roadmap Announcements
We’re here at Facebook headquarters, where Ethan Beard, Director of Platform Marketing, just delivered Facebook’s first-ever “platform roadmap” ...

#OnlyOnTwitter: Announcements and surprises
We have a couple of moments to share with you this week of things that happened #OnlyOnTwitter. Two of our stories this week are about announcements. ...

Today's Cisco announcement (2 of 2): Cisco Demonstrates Commitment to Global Internet of Things Ecosystem ...
Full release at: http://www.slideshare.net/iotwf/cisco-internet-of-things-press-release-october-29-announcement-27685075 Cisco Demonstrates Commitment ...

WWDC 2012 : What companies are the potential biggest winners and losers from the announcements made at ...
Rakesh Agrawal's answer: Winners Apple - Well, duh. They showed the advantages of owning the whole stack vs. offering software to run on other ...

announcement « Blog – Stack Exchange
The simple answer is, it takes as long as it takes . We’ll wait. If a site needs more activity, go out and evangelize it . As long as your site ...