Only show new mail tray icon on non-filtered new mail

Now that regulars have given me the answer to my only make a sound when
non-filtered out messages land in my inbox (woohoo!) my next problem to
tackle with Eudora 4.2.0.58 is the tray icons.  Specifically, when new
mail comes in, the little icon pops up in the tray to indicate as such.
  Is there a way to make that only come up if the new mail hasn't been
filtered out (i.e. SPAM that gets trashed, etc.)

I've tried several settings in the filters like specifying the Notify
User option then clearing the checkboxes for everything, and choosing
the Make Status option then picking Read.

Any help much appreciated.

--
Daniel

In article <Uuhob.19$U2.8@news.randori.com>, a@b.com says...

> Now that regulars have given me the answer to my only make a sound when
> non-filtered out messages land in my inbox (woohoo!) my next problem to
> tackle with Eudora 4.2.0.58 is the tray icons.  Specifically, when new
> mail comes in, the little icon pops up in the tray to indicate as such.
> Is there a way to make that only come up if the new mail hasn't been
> filtered out (i.e. SPAM that gets trashed, etc.)

  No
  --
  Over and Out
  Daniel Jacobson

0
daniel12
10/31/2003 3:51:00 AM
Daniel Jacobson wrote:
> In article <Uuhob.19$U2.8@news.randori.com>, a@b.com says...
>

>>Now that regulars have given me the answer to my only make a sound when
>>non-filtered out messages land in my inbox (woohoo!) my next problem to
>>tackle with Eudora 4.2.0.58 is the tray icons.  Specifically, when new
>>mail comes in, the little icon pops up in the tray to indicate as such.
>>Is there a way to make that only come up if the new mail hasn't been
>>filtered out (i.e. SPAM that gets trashed, etc.)
>

>   No
>   --
>   Over and Out
>   Daniel Jacobson

D'oh!

At least I know I'm not going crazy...

--
Daniel

new mail does not always show up in the new mail panel
I keep pegasus open with the New Mail Panel visible. But sometimes my incoming new mail does not show up in the new mail panel nor does it ring my "new mail sound". To see it I have to go to some other folder and then return to the New Mail Folder. Then the new mail pops up in the New Mail Panel. -- Pat (To respond by email please remove "MYPANTS" from the email address at the top.) ...

some new mails only appear in new mail folder after restart
Hi, after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. They appear in the new mail folder after I restart pegasus. Can anyone help? Thanx "MO" <moDELETEmads@gDELETEmx.de> wrote: > after installing Pegasus 4.12, I have the problem, that > Pegasus downloads the mails and tells me with the popupwindow > repeatedly that I have new mails, but I cannot see all of them. > They appear in the new mail folder after I restar...

Eudora (v 6.0.3) Doesnt Highlight New Mail. Always Have To Scroll Down To See New Mail.
Even with one new email, in the window showing who, date, time, etc, after receiving new email, the scroll bar scrolls up, forcing me to scroll down to see what new messages there are. Any fix for this? I would think it would highlight and let you view at least the first message, with later messages beneath that first one. On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:18:01 -0400, Connor <connor@huh.com> wrote: >Even with one new email, in the window showing who, date, time, etc, >after receiving new email, the scroll bar scrolls up, forcing me to >scroll down to see what new messages there are. >Any fix for this? I would think it would highlight and let you view >at least the first message, with later messages beneath that first >one. Tools -> Options -> Mailboxes check: FUMLUB -- Ajo Wissink ...

I want the Mail icon to bounce on *new* mail
But I can't figure out how to set the rules to make that happen. I have made it bounce whenever there are any messages at all in the In Box, but that's pretty much useless; there are *always* messages there. Oddly, there's no option in the rules for "when there's an unread message" Any suggestions? Isaac ...

how do I stop new mail folder opening when new mail arrives
Since I reinstalled Pegasus and redid the hierarchy folder, every time I receive new mail, the new mail folder opens. As far, as I can remember, this didn't use to happen - the new mail used to arrive in the new mail folder in Folder manager, then I clicked on the new mail folder using Preview. I don't have Open new mail folder on startup ticked, and can't see what else I can tick/untick Dear Tom, In Tools/Options/Incoming Mail/Folders, tick Crtl+W Tom Thanks, Tom Tom On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:01:15 +0000, Tom Barkas <tom@barkas.co.uk> wrotg: >Dea...

Copy/Paste mail from one mail.box to a new mail.box
Occassionally, we have to allow the server to create new mail boxes on server restart. When we realize we have an issue, we stop Domino, rename the current mail boxes and then new ones get created by the server. We are wondering if there is a tool that would automatically copy and paste the emails in the orginal mail boxes to the new mail boxes. TIA, It must be a dedicated tool, since copying documents to the mail.box is not allowed: It was a potential leak in security. I believe that since version 5 it is changed and copying docs to the mail.box is disabled. greetzz, Dick &...

Forwarding mail using new mail filtering rules
HI! I'd like to force Pegasusu Mail to forward rule-based-messages to my other mail account (SMS). How to make PMail to send it? PMAiol doesn'twant to sens all queued mail during idle POP chcecks. Ay ideas? Yann:-) GG:1951400 In article <c4tisv$a98$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl>, Yann gwintol@tlen.plsays... > HI! > I'd like to force Pegasusu Mail to forward rule-based-messages to my other > mail account (SMS). How to make PMail to send it? PMAiol doesn'twant to sens > all queued mail during idle POP chcecks. Ay ideas? > > Yann:-) > &g...

New and new and always new mail
Hi, I use Eudora 7.0 (fr) and many POP e-mail accounts. I set up as many personalities as e-mail accounts. For each personalitie including <Dominant> I set all these parameters in Eudora.ini : -+-+-+-+-+-+ LeaveMailOnServer=1 LeaveOnServerDays=22 DeleteMailFromServer=1 ServerDelete=1 MarkAsDeleted=1 -+-+-+-+-+-+ 1/- Eudora ckeck for mail at start up. All new mails are in 'Inbox'. 2/- If : a/- If I check for mail manually : nothing else, but, b/- If I close Eudora and restart it, of course Eudora does a mail check... and I am notified of new mail...

"new mail" notification at startup (when there isn't any new mail)
I'm new to using IMAP with mutt, and I notice suddenly that for the first five seconds after I open mutt, I get a "2 boxes w/new mail" notification in the index status bar. Then it disappears. This occurs when there is no new mail in any of my mailboxes. This mutt is being run from a NetBSD shell account that I access via ssh. This has to be related to my IMAP setup (the admin of this account only allows access to its mail server now via IMAP). Anyone know what's causing this or how can I stop it? Tnaks for any tips. Mutt 1.5.21 (2010-09-15) Copyright...

New mail doesn't appear in new mail folder in grouped view
I just upgraded from 4.12 to 4.21c. Overall, I'm impressed with some of the new features. However, while setting up the settings, I somehow got the thing into state where when you download mail from the ISP, the new messages come in, and I can see the new .cnm files in the mail directory, however they don't show up in the new mail folder. This used to happen to me occasionally with the old version of Pegasus, however I could hit the File/Read New Mail menu option, and the new messages would pop in. This doesn't work for me with 4.21c. The strange thing is tha...

Checking mail and new mail folder
Is there a way to keep Pegasus from checking your mail account when the 'new mail folder' is opened.. clicked on? I would have sworn there was but I can't seem to find it in the newer version thanks... larryP@central.com wrote in news:dp07mvo0trg04inrvetau4qdftob9j40h1@4ax.com: > Is there a way to keep Pegasus from checking your mail account when > the 'new mail folder' is opened.. clicked on? > > I would have sworn there was but I can't seem to find it in the newer > version Tools - Internet options - Receiving (POP3) - Uncheck...

Junk mail notifies that there is new mail
Why would Eudora suddenly start notifying me of new mail when junk arrives? This was never the case before and it started happening after upgrade to 6.01. Any ideas how to correct? TIA David Handler wrote: > > Why would Eudora suddenly start notifying me of new mail when junk arrives? > > This was never the case before and it started happening after upgrade to > 6.01. > > Any ideas how to correct? Tools | Options | Junk Mail | Check "Junk mailbox is never marked unread." John John Tubbs <SpamKiller@NoSpam.Org> wrote in news:3FD27779.EE85C87D@NoSpam.Org: > David Handler wrote: >> >> Why would Eudora suddenly start notifying me of new mail when junk >> arrives? >> >> This was never the case before and it started happening after upgrade >> to 6.01. >> >> Any ideas how to correct? > > Tools | Options | Junk Mail | Check "Junk mailbox is never marked > unread." > > > John > It is already checked. This worked fine until I upgraded to 6.0.1.1 Dochan ...

New Mail Announcement for Junk Mail
How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail? I have the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I don't think I should be getting the announce. Also, the mail indicator appears at the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail. Steven Jacobsohn wrote: >How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all >the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail? I have >the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I don't >think I should be getting the announce. Also, the mail indicator appears at >the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail. > > > > I think you have to UNcheck the stuff in getting attention and use filters to make a sound when good mail arrives, and set the junk filter to make no sound. Rick -- Editing is a rewording activity. Thanks Rick. You sent me in the right direction. Actually, I left the stuff checked in "getting attention" and then wrote two filters. One filter directs incoming mail with high junk scores (for me that's a score over 45) to do nothing. The other filter directs incoming mail with low junk scores (under 46) to "Notify User" "As Normal". Checking the "As Normal" box directs Eudora to use the ite...

Eudora scrolls to new messages when new mail is downloaded
I am using Eudora 7.1 with a POP server and the following happens: - I have Eudora set to check email every x minutes. - I am reading an older email in my Inbox using the preview pane. - Eudora checks email and receives new mail. - After the mail is received, Eudora automatically scrolls the Inbox to the bottom so that the new mail is selected, and the new mail is displayed in the preview pane. The resulting problems are: - My reading of the older email is interrupted. - The older email is not even selected anymore, so I have to go hunt for it again to...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

New Panther mail slower than Jaguar mail was
I just upgraded to Panther. To be honest, I wasn't expecting application upgrades with my OS upgrade, but sure enough, Mail is subtly different. The problem? I've always had mine set up so that new messages appear on the bottom. I also frequently close my Mail window while I'm not reading mail. Since the upgrade, when I open a new Mail window, what seems to happen is that it draws the window beginning with the top messages -- the ancient ones -- and then jumpily scrolls down to my new mail at the bottom. This can take several seconds, which is annoying. In Jaguar, it always ...

New Mail Includes Lots of Old Mail
Periodically 4.12a dumps weeks worth of mail that I've already read and marked for deletion appears in my "new mail" folder. This happens with my fall-back, Outlook Express, too. Sounds like a server/provider problem, rather than a Pegasus prob, yes or no? TIA ...

Mail exits when trying to read new mail
Today when I try to read unread mail, mail.app exits almost every time. Can read some new messages without making it quit, not others. Yesterday: downloaded the following: Java for Mac OS X 10.4 Rel 7 1.0 iTunes 8.0.1 Security Update 2008-007 1.0 Could be related... Today I tried using OnyX to run all scripts and do Verify and Repair Permissions; no help there. Created new settings for mail via prompts, problem persists. What's next; delete preferences file? Ron Ron <RonTheGuy@null.com> wrote: > Today when I try to read unread mail, mail.app exits almost every time. > ...

Open new mail with standard mail client
Hello everybody, i've got a little problme: i've got a java 1.5 application from where i want to start a new mail within the windows standard mail client and give body and subject to it. I know there is an implementation in java 1.6, but i need a solution in java 1.5. Does anybody has an idea for Java 1.5? Tanks and bye Beat ...

Mail redirect before new mail arrives problem
Dont know if this has anything to do with the fact that we are running Lotus Notes Domino 5.0.12 on Linux BUT I have a problem with mail redirection. I have created a agent in my mailfile (on server) - shared agent - runs 'before new mail arrives - simple action to send mail (including copy of document) to another user in the address book. This works fine on most of our servers but there are a couple of exceptions. Here is what happens when you watch the Domino console when a new email arrives for this user 06/26/2003 11:00:01 AM Router: The New Mail Agent in mail/sthor...

[9fans] Creating new mail users; mail -c
This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156) --Apple-Mail-1-1012514217 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed; delsp=yes Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit On my system, /mail/box is mode 775. This matches what's on sources. So... how is the mail -c call in newuser supposed to work for normal (ie: not in group sys) users? --Apple-Mail-1-1012514217 content-type: application/pgp-signature; x-mac-type=70674453; name=PGP.sig content-description: This is a digitally signed message part content-disposition: inline; filename=PGP.sig content-tra...

HELP: Agent to send mail on new mail arrived.
Notes/Domino 6.5.5 Windows 2003 Server Windows XP Client Can someone help me with writing and agent that will trigger when a new mail comes in to a regular maildatabase from "user@domain.com" and subject contains "this subject" From the mail body it should fetch the email adress to where to send. It is located after "mailto:". It also needs to fetch rows 15-18 into some sort of variable and get that presented in the body field. Subject needs to be "new subject". The body field needs to contain text that will have to be changed from ...

Web resources about - Only show new mail tray icon on non-filtered new mail - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows