re-install or upgrade Eudora to another drive

For a long time, (we're talking dog years here) I've had Eudora
installed to my D drive.  I don't remember why I did this originally.

I'm cleaning out that drive to try a Linux install on it, and I want
Eudora on my C drive.  If I upgrade to 7 (from 6.2) can I have it
install to my C drive, copying and/or importing everything from my D
drive?

Thanks for your help.  I'm learning a lot from reading this group.

Jayboman
0
Jayboman
11/19/2005 10:12:07 PM
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10557 articles. 4 followers. bob234 (1) is leader. Post Follow

Sure.  Do a new install of 7 into a new directory called (for example)
C:\eudora7 on drive C:.  If all your mailboxes (files ending in .toc
and .mbx) and addresses (directory called Nickname) are on D:, copy
them to the new directory.  If you use multiple Personalities, you'll
probably have to recreate them.

0
jeffk
11/19/2005 10:26:12 PM
Jayboman <Jayboman@jayboman.com> wrote:
> For a long time, (we're talking dog years here) I've had Eudora
> installed to my D drive.  I don't remember why I did this originally.

> I'm cleaning out that drive to try a Linux install on it, and I want
> Eudora on my C drive.  If I upgrade to 7 (from 6.2) can I have it
> install to my C drive, copying and/or importing everything from my D
> drive?

Eudora won't move your data files for you. You'll have to do that
yourself. You can just copy all the files to the desired location then
install the new version, telling it the appropriate locations when it asks
where to put the program and data files.

If you need to do somethign like separate the program and data files in
addition to moving them, take a look at the tech support document on
moving and backing up files for an explanation of which files are what.
<http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1602hq.html>

--
Katrina
0

Re installing Eudora on windows 7
I need to reload Eudora in windows 7 because of problems storing data etc. My question is if I uninstall Eudora completely, will I lose all my data & = attachments. If so how can I re install without above problems? Thanks Paul Thursday, July 12, 2012=85.2:13 PM PaulD <palm6886@gmail.com> wrote in news:51a4c665-302a-4226-94b1-6fba28d8034e@googlegroups.com: > I need to reload Eudora in windows 7 because of problems storing data > etc. My question is if I uninstall Eudora completely, will I lose all > my data & attachments. If so how can I re install without ...

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Windows Eudora to Mac Eudora
Trying to get all my Windows Eudora v7.1 email folders/mailboxes converted to Mac Eudora 6.2 but the instructions on Qualcomm's site are incomplete. Does anyone have a step-by-step solution that they know works? Also - in the Windows version, the mailbox/folder list docks on the left side of the screen (above where Eudora used to have ads. Is there any way in the Mac version to control window placement and docking? One last question - Is this the only place to get active Eudora discussion/user support, or are there other forums for Mac users that are still active? Thanks...

How to transfer mail from Eudora to Eudora?
I need to transfer Eudors mail from one computer to another. Sometimes from my Powerbook 3400c/8.6/Eudora light to my PM 7200/8.6/Eudora Light, sometimes between Mac computers when I am upgrading to a 'new' computer. Is there an easy way way to transfer individual e-mails or the complete file between computers, preferably using zip disks? -- Free men own guns, slaves don't www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/ In article <nhull-D259DD.06454907112005@news1.east.earthlink.net>, Nick Hull <nhull@access4less.net> wrote: > I need to transfer Eudors ma...

Window eudora to Mac eudora
Hi All, I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to Mac? Thanks in advance, <saipak@alumni.polyu.edu.hk> wrote: > I am going to buy a mac Ibook, but currently i am using window, and use the > eudora to get email, is it any way to transfer or convert those email to > Mac? There are ways to do this quite easily. Others, who have done it, will surely reply here in detail, but in the mean time look at <www.emailman.com/conversion> and see if what you nee...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include t...

New Hard Drive -- Can one transfer data from a previous Eudora installation onto a new installation on the new drive?
Just installed a new Hard Drive which is now the Master, and re-installed Eudora 3.0 (yes it's old but it works just fine for me). My old drive (now the slave) contains all my previous settings (i.e, address book & saved messages. Can one gracefully transfer this information into the new installation. For example, is it a matter of simply copying certain files from the old drive to the new one? If so, what files? Thanks in advance Yves Thomas wrote: > Just installed a new Hard Drive which is now the Master, and > re-installed Eudora 3.0 (yes it's old but i...

Eudora for Windows mailboxes to Eudora for Mac
My searching has found numerous who have experienced my problem, but never a conclusion on how they fixed it. I've been using Eudora on Windows for many, many years... have several GB of email... and now I want to switch my environment over to Mac OS X... but my mail has to switch. Either Eudora for Mac or Apple Mail... but neither seems to import Eudora for Windows mail! Argh! Anyway, I've tried numerous things... including, of course, following the directions provided by Eudora, the directions found on MacNN, and directions found here. I've pulled over all the ...

Eudora Mac vs Eudora Windows
My husband uses Eudora 5 (sponsored) on his Mac (OS9) and Outlook on his Windows XP machine at work. He wants me to install Eudora at work because he hates Outlook. Most of his contacts are the same at home and office, so can I just drop a copy of his Eudora Address Book file into his Windows machine or is the Windows version a different type of file? If this can be done, where on the PC should I look for the Address Book to replace with the Mac file? nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote: > My husband uses Eudora 5 (sponsored) on his Mac (OS9) and Outlook on his >...

Eudora un-install & re-install
What's the best way to un-install and re-install Eudora? Is there an un-installer I should know about or can I just use Windows? I don't want to loose my addresses and mailboxes- I just want a fresh start. Thanks! On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:17:44 -0700, "RW" <ranger52oc@yahoo.com> wrote: > >What's the best way to un-install and re-install Eudora? Is there an >un-installer I should know about or can I just use Windows? Just use Windows > >I don't want to loose my addresses and mailboxes- I just want a fresh start. > T...

Import from Eudora to Eudora???!!?
I am a Eudora 5.1 user and I just upgraded to 7. I'm shocked to discover that there's no way to simply say "take all of my accounts and filters and settings and stuff into 7". I have to re-enter all of my filters? All of my personalities? Are they kidding? I must be missing a menu option here, please help. thx Check out http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=7505 dterrors@hotmail.com wrote: > I am a Eudora 5.1 user and I just upgraded to 7. I'm shocked to > discover that there's no way to simply say "take all of my accoun...

Export from Eudora to Eudora
Just trying to make a backup copy of all my email address in case of a hard drive crash. What file should I make a copy of? Thanks, Barney In article <Xns9BF9718D533LeicaLeicacom@69.16.185.250>, Leica@Leica.com says... > Just trying to make a backup copy of all my email address in case of a hard > drive crash. > > What file should I make a copy of? Address Book: ============= Should be 3 files total. These files are located in the *EUDORA* directory. Address Book: 1. NNDBASE.TOC - Address Book Table of Contents 2. NNDBASE.T...

Question about importing Eudora mail into Eudora 6.2
I just downloaded Eudora 6.2 and want it to import all the settings and mail from my old Eudora 4.2 OS 8.x program. It came with a import feature, but it would only work if I was using a later Eudora as my version was too old. Back in 2001 In tried Eudora 5.x or whatever version was latest at that time, but for some reason did not like it, or perhaps did not want to pay the money, so I removed it. Eudora 6.2 when installed copied all the Eudora 5.x settings and mail it so appears. Even though I am know running OS X, and I was then running OS 9.1. When I moved to OSX I did copy my...

Importing from Eudora to Eudora
Trying to import Eudora 5.2 mailboxes from the old computer into Eudora 6.0 on the new computer. (Networked and otherwise talking well). The Import/Export function doesn't find any valid mailboxes on the old system. Are they hidden elsewhere? Strange hidden proceedure? Me being too obtuse? Also am trying to avoid a copy/paste situation since we've been using the new computer for emails and don't want to loose anything downloaded since installation. Thanks in advance Thren@worldnet.att.net > > The Import/Export function doesn't find any valid mailb...

Re-installing Eudora 4.2 or Over-installing 7.1.0.9 over 4.2?
Sad, but true, folks: You will never be rid of me in this group. :) Here's my situation. A friend is running 4.2 on her Win-XP machine. She's getting all kinds of errors ... runtime this, .dll that .... I don't have the technical details, but these problems are out of my league to repair. I tried installing a system backup from before the problem began, but no luck. 1. I have the Eudora 4.2 install disk from Qualcomm. Would it be easiest to merely reinstall that over (in the same directory) the flawed 4.2? A. If so, what can I do to preserve her existi...

moving Eudora files from 98se to already-installed Eudora on XP
Hi: My uncle uses "bootit" to dual-boot his computer. He can choose either win98se or winXP. He loves 98se, but is making the slow move over to XP. Here's the problem. He has used Eudora 7.1 on 98se for quite some time, and has built up a lot of filles, messages, etc. He has now started using another copy of Eudora 7.1 from inside XP. Is there any way to get all the old messages and other valuable stuff from 98se and add them to the messages & other stuff already in XP? I am not familiiar with Eudora, but am quite capable with ...

Mac Eudora to Windows Eudora: losing recipient names in OUT.mbx
I've created new mailboxes, and copied all my business emails over to new IN and OUT mailboxes (with different, names). The remaining emails are personal emails and the IN and OUT mailboxes remain on the Mac with those personal emails only. I transfer the new MP-IN.mbx with the business emails via Fetch to an FTP server, using ASCII (text) conversion. I download the files from the FTP server to the PC using a PC-compatible FTP client into a new folder and these then open perfectly in the Eudora for Windows in that computer. However, when I do the same process with the business...

Response from Eudora re: upgrades during beta
Sadly I've received the word: > The 6.0 expires 6/16/2004 That's the entire message and it *is* a year to the day from when I upgraded. I'm annoyed that when they decided after the fact to allow a grace period for upgrade that they didn't extend it to those who'd already upgraded. I believe my support year should be dated from the time I'd have upgraded if the grace period had existed when the beta came out. Anyway, that's it. Not a company I'm very happy doing business with. I've hung around to follow up on this for Plugin Hunter an...

from Eudora for Mac to MS Outlook for windows
Any experts who could help me? I used Eudora 6.0 on my Mac and have been forced to use a PC running Microsoft Outlook for Windows XP at grad school. I was able to move my mail halfway, by installing Eudora 6.0 for WindowsXP and transferring my mailboxes by memory key, then adding a ".mbx" suffix. But 2 problems: 1 - Outlook won't import from Eudora 6.0. It demands Eudora 4.x or lower. WHERE CAN I FIND EUDORA 4.X OR LOWER? 2 - I can't figure out how to get my email address book into either the Eudora for Windows on my PC or even better into Outlook. All help de...

Re-installing Eudora version 6
I want to re-install Eudora 6 running under Windows XP. Which files do I need to backup and then re-copy to the new installation in order to save my existing emails, address book, filters and foldeers. - Peter James Change AT to @ to reply "Peter James" <nospam@petefjames.clara.co.uk> wrote in message news:1qrnqvoamvi9cbqo2nsh48mtbrr6af090h@4ax.com... > I want to re-install Eudora 6 running under Windows XP. Which files > do I need to backup and then re-copy to the new installation in order > to save my existing emails, address book, filters and foldeers...

Sending Mail from Eudora Through Windows Live
My ISP recently switched over to using Windows Live to handle their email, meaning that I had to change my email settings for both incoming and outgoing mail in Eudora. (I use Eudora Light 6.2.3.4, just to clarify.) After a bit of fiddling, the incoming settings are working properly, but the outgoing settings are not. :/ Here is what they told me to use: Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.live.com Outgoing SMTP Mail Port: 587 Authentication Required: Yes (Your Windows Live ID and password) TLS/SSL Required: Yes (Select TLS if available, if not select SSL) Under Sending Mail, I'v...

Eudora 3.0.5 to Eudora 6.0 (upgrade advice)
Believe it or not, I am still running version 3 of Eudora (Eudora Pro 3.0.5). I am interested in weighing the benefits of upgrading to the "Paid Mode" of the latest release (Eudora 6.0). First of all, has anyone here performed this very same version-to-version upgrade? Can anyone pose any drawbacks that should be considered? Are there any known cases where upgrading from 3.0.5 to 6.0 will result in reduced functionality? Are there any known scenarios where data conversion problems might be expected such as problems importing filters, etc? In any case, I w...

can distutils windows installer invoke another distutils windows installer
Hi all. I have a package that uses other packages. I created a setup.py to use 'try:' and import to check if some required packages are installed. I have the tarballs and corresponding windows installers in my sdist distribution, so if I untar my source distribution and do 'python setup.py install', the script either untars the subpackages to a tmp directory and does an os.system('python setup.py install') (Linux), or os.system(<bdist_wininst installer>) (win32) for the missing subpackage. This seems to work fine, except that on Windows, I can't uninstall th...

Web resources about - re-install or upgrade Eudora to another drive - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

BackDrop Root Not Only Backs Up Apps and Settings, But It Auto-Restores App Data After a Re-Install
... an update.zip file that can be flashed immediately after you flash a new ROM. So on that first bootup, you will already have BackDrop installed ...

You Need To Re-install All Installed Apps If You Upgrade From Windows 8.1 Preview To Final Version
Microsoft today confirmed that they will be releasing Windows 8.1 preview on June 26th during BUILD conference. If you are planning to upgrade ...