re-install or upgrade Eudora to another drive

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

For a long time, (we're talking dog years here) I've had Eudora
installed to my D drive.  I don't remember why I did this originally.

I'm cleaning out that drive to try a Linux install on it, and I want
Eudora on my C drive.  If I upgrade to 7 (from 6.2) can I have it
install to my C drive, copying and/or importing everything from my D
drive?

Thanks for your help.  I'm learning a lot from reading this group.

Jayboman
0
Reply Jayboman 11/19/2005 10:12:07 PM

See related articles to this posting

Sure.  Do a new install of 7 into a new directory called (for example)
C:\eudora7 on drive C:.  If all your mailboxes (files ending in .toc
and .mbx) and addresses (directory called Nickname) are on D:, copy
them to the new directory.  If you use multiple Personalities, you'll
probably have to recreate them.

0
Reply jeffk 11/19/2005 10:26:12 PM

Jayboman <Jayboman@jayboman.com> wrote:
> For a long time, (we're talking dog years here) I've had Eudora
> installed to my D drive.  I don't remember why I did this originally.

> I'm cleaning out that drive to try a Linux install on it, and I want
> Eudora on my C drive.  If I upgrade to 7 (from 6.2) can I have it
> install to my C drive, copying and/or importing everything from my D
> drive?

Eudora won't move your data files for you. You'll have to do that
yourself. You can just copy all the files to the desired location then
install the new version, telling it the appropriate locations when it asks
where to put the program and data files.

If you need to do somethign like separate the program and data files in
addition to moving them, take a look at the tech support document on
moving and backing up files for an explanation of which files are what.
<http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1602hq.html>

--
Katrina
0

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

New Hard Drive -- Can one transfer data from a previous Eudora installation onto a new installation on the new drive?
Just installed a new Hard Drive which is now the Master, and re-installed Eudora 3.0 (yes it's old but it works just fine for me). My old drive (now the slave) contains all my previous settings (i.e, address book & saved messages. Can one gracefully transfer this information into the new installation. For example, is it a matter of simply copying certain files from the old drive to the new one? If so, what files? Thanks in advance Yves Thomas wrote: > Just installed a new Hard Drive which is now the Master, and > re-installed Eudora 3.0 (yes it's old but i...

Eudora un-install & re-install
What's the best way to un-install and re-install Eudora? Is there an un-installer I should know about or can I just use Windows? I don't want to loose my addresses and mailboxes- I just want a fresh start. Thanks! On Mon, 10 May 2010 19:17:44 -0700, "RW" <ranger52oc@yahoo.com> wrote: > >What's the best way to un-install and re-install Eudora? Is there an >un-installer I should know about or can I just use Windows? Just use Windows > >I don't want to loose my addresses and mailboxes- I just want a fresh start. > T...

Python 3.1.1 installer botches upgrade when installation is not on C drive.
I just installed "python3.1.1.msi" on a system that had "python3.1.msi" installed in "D:/python31". The installer found the old installation in "D:/python31", partially trashed it, and then installed the new version in "C:/python31". I uninstalled the failed install, and reinstalled. On a new install, the installer prompts for the destination dir, and that works. Upgrade installs, though, are botched. John Nagle En Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:25:05 -0300, John Nagle <nagle@animats.com> escribi�: > I just ...

Re-installing Eudora 4.2 or Over-installing 7.1.0.9 over 4.2?
Sad, but true, folks: You will never be rid of me in this group. :) Here's my situation. A friend is running 4.2 on her Win-XP machine. She's getting all kinds of errors ... runtime this, .dll that .... I don't have the technical details, but these problems are out of my league to repair. I tried installing a system backup from before the problem began, but no luck. 1. I have the Eudora 4.2 install disk from Qualcomm. Would it be easiest to merely reinstall that over (in the same directory) the flawed 4.2? A. If so, what can I do to preserve her existi...

Re.: Hard Drive Install
IDE HDD Auto-Detection Have you verified in bios that: Ide Primary Master must be set to Auto Ide Primary Slave must be set to Auto Hold down deleteButton on the Keyboard under startup to come to Bios. Hi ...

Word 98 Re-install or Upgrade???
I've been having annoying problems with Office 98 loaded on my 2 networked G3s (1 PowerMac, 1 PowerBook) both running OS9.1. On one Word will quit anytime I highlight and cut or copy text (have to shut down and re-boot to get Word back). On the other Word will quit after any document is moved to the printer. I would guess that some things have become corrupted on both, but I don't have the knowledge level to find and correct them. We've been thinking of upgrading to Word 2001, but I would really like some opinions as to whether an upgrade is likely to correct whatever is wrong w...

Re: driving another application from sas
Good suggestion St�phane! Actually, just google the web and find automated tools that will handle this all for you. No need to write an app. If you can drive it from the console, that would be great. If it is actually a point-and-clicky thingy then I would just buy an app to handle it. Alan Alan Churchill Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of St�phane Colas Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 11:11 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: driving another applica...

Re installing Eudora on windows 7
I need to reload Eudora in windows 7 because of problems storing data etc. My question is if I uninstall Eudora completely, will I lose all my data & = attachments. If so how can I re install without above problems? Thanks Paul Thursday, July 12, 2012=85.2:13 PM PaulD <palm6886@gmail.com> wrote in news:51a4c665-302a-4226-94b1-6fba28d8034e@googlegroups.com: > I need to reload Eudora in windows 7 because of problems storing data > etc. My question is if I uninstall Eudora completely, will I lose all > my data & attachments. If so how can I re install without ...

Response from Eudora re: upgrades during beta
Sadly I've received the word: > The 6.0 expires 6/16/2004 That's the entire message and it *is* a year to the day from when I upgraded. I'm annoyed that when they decided after the fact to allow a grace period for upgrade that they didn't extend it to those who'd already upgraded. I believe my support year should be dated from the time I'd have upgraded if the grace period had existed when the beta came out. Anyway, that's it. Not a company I'm very happy doing business with. I've hung around to follow up on this for Plugin Hunter an...

RE: Copy chunk to another drive
If mirroring is switched on, it would be easier to set up the new drives as mirrors and then take the old drives off line. Colin Bull c.bull@videonetworks.com > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org > [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]On Behalf Of Manuel Daponte > Sent: 03 November 2003 13:56 > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Copy chunk to another drive > > > Hi everybody, > > We have a client with a 500GB IDS 7.3 DB. The client needs to > move some dbspaces (about 40GB) to a new set of drives. Which o...

Re: [ace-users] Upgrading installation
Hi Chino, >> How do I upgrade from ACE 5.4.2 to 5.4.6. To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form (PRF), which is in $ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM or in $ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM $TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM in older versions of ACE+TAO. Make sure to include this information when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is error-prone and slows ...

re: installing operator on hard drive
I'm trying to install linux operator on a multi boot box. I have windows xp pro on one disk and i wish to install operator on another. However, when I go through the install to hd wizzard, I seem to keep going around in circles with the swap partition menue. I am using a seperate physical hard drive for each operating system. Am I missing something? Thanks Greg On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 03:04:27 GMT, greg <gnixon70@msn.com> wrote: >I'm trying to install linux operator on a multi boot box. I have windows >xp pro on one disk and i wish to install operator ...

Re-installing Eudora version 6
I want to re-install Eudora 6 running under Windows XP. Which files do I need to backup and then re-copy to the new installation in order to save my existing emails, address book, filters and foldeers. - Peter James Change AT to @ to reply "Peter James" <nospam@petefjames.clara.co.uk> wrote in message news:1qrnqvoamvi9cbqo2nsh48mtbrr6af090h@4ax.com... > I want to re-install Eudora 6 running under Windows XP. Which files > do I need to backup and then re-copy to the new installation in order > to save my existing emails, address book, filters and foldeers...

Re: install SL to USB external drive?
Thanks for your replies. here are things I was assuming, discovered and confirmed by your answers please correct me if I'm wrong but no need to repeat - there's sometimes a delay between what I post and when I can read replies - snow leopard will install to and boot from an external usb hard drive formatted as mac os extended partition with a partition scheme of GUID partition table. the install disc will be run from the internal combo drive on a MacBook2,1 according to my research, the MacBook2,1 will allow booting into 64-bit kernel and will run 64-bit pro...

upgrading (or installing) VMS on a system with no CD drive
Suppose one wants to upgrade (or install) VMS on a system with no CD drive. One method would be to copy the CD to a hard disk, then use that in place of the CD. (This might be a good idea anyway since it might speed things up quite a bit, perhaps even enough to make up for the time spent copying the CD to disk, but even if not the actual upgrade or installation will be quicker (the copy to disk doesn't have to be watched over and hence can be done at leisure).) However, this means one must have a spare disk and a place to put it. Could one do the installation or upgrade on anoth...

Re: driving another application from sas #2
I'm with Andre on this. If you just want to get something started then this is the easiest thing going. I doubt it can easily migrate to external apps however. Ideally you want to macro up as much of the work in the foreign app as possible before using sendkeys. This is a kludge and has little scope for error handling but for simple automation tasks it is ok. Execute the vbs script from the sas X command. Something else to bear in mind as Alan has pointed out in the past is that this technology will be derogated come Windows Vista. Hopefully there will be a sendkeys equivalent in the new ...

Re: driving another application from sas #3
William, You might look at Visual Dialog Script at http://www.dialogscript.com. V5 can read/write .ini file and can also do binary files. I haven't used it with binary files but have used ini files for storing/retrieving data. I've used it for several years; primarily for developing data-entry dialogs (username, email address, etc.). Also AutoItv3 at http://www.hiddensoft.com/. I haven't used this one myself, though I may be looking into it in the coming months. Walter >>> william kossack <kossackw@NJC.ORG> 11:59:28 20-Dec-05 >>> yes, the...

IDE Drives re-ordered after Kernel upgrade?
I recently made the jump from a fairly stable 2.4.18 kernel to 2.4.29, after I was having various problems with Signal 11's during huge FTP transfers. The compile went fine and the Kernel seems to work, except.. I had to patch my /etc/fstab file to remap all of my IDE drives. Previously, my drives were hdc and hdd, but after going to 2.4.29 they were remapped to hdg and hdh. I've tried the following to rectify the problem: - sending ide=reverse at the command line - enabling and disabling the "Boot Offboard Chipsets First Support" from the IDE section of the kernel ...

SCO 505 re-install by Upgrade method.
Hi, My SCO 5.0.5 Server currently running Oracle database. Due to recently the SCO 5.0.5 reboot automatically & Kernel panic K trap reason (I've gone thru hardware test, all ok) , I wanted to re-install my SCO 5.0.5 by using "Upgrade" method (Not Fresh). Question to check out :- 1) Will "upgrade" method installation still keep my current configuration files? (like services, tuning file, printer file, etc) 2) If not, which files should I copy back after installation? Thanks. iRonTech. -- Posted via http://dbforums.com irontech typed (on...

Importing personalities from another installment of Eudora 6
What is the easiest way to do this? I tried to copy the info from the eudora.ini file,though this didn't work out. All help is appreciated. / H Henrik Leghissa wrote: > What is the easiest way to do this? I tried to copy the info from the > eudora.ini file,though this didn't work out. > > All help is appreciated. I fixed this issue myself, I went into the eudora.ini and applied the old settings for "personalities" from the old eudora.ini file. What was my misstake was that I forgot the "index"-section (so to speak). ...

Upgrading to mult-user without re-installing
Hi All, We have a single user version of IDS 9.21 currently installed on our box; we have now purchased a ten user license. Is it possible to re-licence the above without re-installing form scratch, and if so, how? Thanks in Advace, Kirk Create backups etc (from database and $INFORMIXDIR just in case...) shut the database. (onmode -uyk) cd $INFORMIXDIR as root: chown -R informix:informix as informix: ../installserver -->> supply your new sn and key when all is done successfully do as root ../RUN_AS_ROOT.server Superboer. kirk.davis@gmail.co...

Re: Copy chunk to another drive #2
Careful with this - mirrors have to be the same size, so you wind up with the identical dbspaces and then have to add chunks to get the dbspace up to the size you want. Otherwise it works well. cheers j. -.-- --- ..- / -. . . -.. / - --- / --. . - / .- / .-.. .. ..-. . .-.-.- / .... --- / -.. --- / .. .-.-.- ----- Original Message ----- From: "Colin Bull" <c.bull@videonetworks.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 11:23 AM Subject: RE: Copy chunk to another drive > If mirroring is switched on, it would be easier to set u...

Need to re Install Tiger. CD Drive not working
Here is some background info that led to my current dilemma. I asked the techs at "macros X.com" their answer is included. MY QUESTION: Where to begin. Over the weekend I installed VLC which worked fine for one day. After that no video. In the interum, I upgraded to 4.1.1 and QT 7.4 Didn't help the VLC problem but my system was working fine. So last night, upon the advise of some online pros, I installed Pacifist and overrode QT 7.4 with 7.3. Again it didn't help the VLC problem but otherwise, the only problem I noticed was Camino kept crashing. (I do notice the "Pac...

Panther upgrade testing by booting from an installation on an external drive?
I want to upgrade to Panther slooooooowly by intalling it first on an external drive and then booting from that external drive to see how everything works. Someone told me I couldn't do this. Can you? Also, I have heard the horror stories about drives being trashed. Is this still true, and how do I figure out whether this is going to happen to me? Thanks, Dale In article <fc28eca0.0402151353.1027e6bd@posting.google.com>, dglaser@pacific.net (Dale Glaser) wrote: >I want to upgrade to Panther slooooooowly by intalling it first on an >external drive and then booting from tha...