sending mail - could not connect to smtp.comcast.com connection timed out 10060

I am using Eudora 6.1.2 sponsored version to check a yahoo pop
account. Previously when using a different internet service provider I
was able to receive and send email without a problem. Now with comcast
I cannot send email. I have already set the outgoing smtp to that of
the ISP and checked and rechecked the settings. I have also searched
the internet for help without any luck. Help!
0
carol

carol.schwendener@gmail.com (Carol) wrote in

> I cannot send email. I have already set the outgoing smtp to that of
> the ISP and checked and rechecked the settings.

You need to recheck the settings again. Comcast's SMTP server is
smtp.comcast.net, not smtp.comcast.com as you have written in the
subject line.
0
Neon

sending of mail (smtp) - connection refused
I am using the smtp module to send emails via a local SMTP server on our network. I am failing with "connection refused" error, even though we definitely have an smtp server running on port 25! the code is like this: me = 'ahunsley@companyname.com' you = 'someonelse@companyname.com' msg['Subject'] = '*** alert' msg['From'] = me msg['To'] = you s = smtplib.SMTP('192.168.1.105') s.connect() s.sendmail(me, [you], msg.as_string()) s.close() print "Email sent." When I...

RE: sending of mail (smtp) - connection refused
run a "netstat -an' on the server and look for what ip address port 25 = is open. Perhaps it is on 127.0.0.1 (localhost) instead of 192.168.1.105 Vincent -----Original Message----- From: python-list-bounces+vincent.raaijmakers=3Dge.com@python.org [mailto:python-list-bounces+vincent.raaijmakers=3Dge.com@python.org]On Behalf Of Alex Hunsley Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 10:27 AM To: python-list@python.org Subject: sending of mail (smtp) - connection refused - but smtp server is running! I am using the smtp module to send emails via a local SMTP server on our = network. I am failing ...

nA61VnA61VYjg020212: SYSERR(root): timeout writing message to mail.xxx.com.: Connection reset by mail.xxx.com
I have some clients from one domain that uses send mail and randomly they get this error nA61VYjg020212: SYSERR(root): timeout writing message to mail.xxxx.com.: Connection reset by mail.xxx.com We our end have barrcuda and then exchange it never hit our exchange box barracuda give delay delver message. I spoke to barracuda and they stated this is on the send mail client end issue However my bosses what me to find out as much information to assistant them to resolve this issue Can anyone help me please I Google with not answer and posted a questions with sendmail with ...

[Error sending: Connection failed to smtp.usm.edu,25: Connection timed out]
Hello, I'm using Alpine 1.00 on Ubuntu 8.04. However, when I send email at home using cable modem (wired USB interface or wireless), it showed the following errror msg [Error sending: Connection failed to smtp.xxx.edu,25: Connection timed out] This is my SMTP server setting SMTP Server (for sending) = smtp.xxx.edu/novalidate-cert It works fine if I send email using University net. Thanks! Many DSL and cable Internet providers block use of port 25 outside of their own e-mail server. That is, if you use Yahoo! DSL, then the only outside machine they allow you to use for SMTP i...

Could Not Connect To SMTP Host Connection Failed -- Software caused connection abort: connect
Hi All, Great to have this discussion group which is helping to clear the issues. Thanks in advance to all. I am having strange exception when trying to send email through java. I am using my mail server hostname to connect it. My mail server is SMTP server. When I tried to ping the IP Address it is fine. I tried to execute the same in another machine. The result is same. The exception I am getting is this way. javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: <hostname>, port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: conne...

Mail connection refused
I just found this group, so I may have missed previous discussions on this topic. I hope other Comcast users can help me. I have Eudora paid version 6.1.2.0 on a Win XP box. I also have NAV running and Zone Alarm running which watch email and Internet traffic, etc. I have repeated problems with connection to mail server refused, either for receiving and sending mail. My error message is "Could not connect to mail.comcast.net. Cause connection refused(10061)". According to Comcast: POP server is mail.comcast.net smtp server is smtp.comcast.net What's up with Comcast and Eudora? Some days I have no problems and other days like now, I cannot connect. Is it time to find another e-mail client? I couldn't imagine using OE. How about Agent? Another observation, I have gone from version 2 to 4 to 6 and seem to have more problems and seem to experience more problems as my Eudora version numbers increase. solar_flare79@yahoo.com I had that problem when I upgraded, but I played around and don't have it anymore. Can't tell you what the magic cure was. ```````` On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 03:45:05 GMT, Solar_Flare <solar_flare@sol.star> wrote: > I have repeated problems with connection to mail server refused, > either for receiving and sending mail. My error message is "Could not > connect to mail.comcast.net. Cause connection refused (10061)". > According to Comcast: > POP server is ...

Mail times out before connection is made
My dad has a Beige G3 with 10.2.8, connecting to the world with a ISDN modem. As he pays for the time online, he has set it to connect when needed. This works fine with Safari and Help, but Mail does not have enough patience. When he tries to check for new messages, Internet Connect starts the process of connecting (which takes about 2 seconds), but before connection is established Mail claims there is no connection. Must be the same with a normal modem. I seem to remember having the same problem before we got ADSL. Any ideas? TIA Martin S�rensen ...

Eudora 10060 connection time out
Hi, I've just upgraded me email server to Redhat Enterprise Linux 3.0 using UW Imap 2004a and Sendmail 8.13.1 running on a dual xeon Dell Power Edge 1750. Everything works fine except that I'm seeing 10060 connection time out errors on Eudora POP clients. This doesn't happen all the time, people are able to make connections about half the time. This only happens on the incoming side so I'm assuming it is related to the pop connection I see do errors in the log files and the server is hardly breaking a sweat with a load average about 0.5. This is becomin...

Mail::Sendmail cannot connect to localhost but the mail command can
Hello, I have a script that uses Mail::Sendmail, this script works just fine in 4 different boxes (RedHat and Solaris). Nevertheless, there is this Solaris machine where it doesn't work, and this is the error I get in the $Mail::Sendmail::error variable: connect to localhost failed (Connection refused) The thing that puzzles me, is that in the same machine, the mail command works just fine. <snipet> 39 sfx@et2:ver_2> mail andres@monroy.com testing .. </snipet> As far as I know, mail tries to send emails via the localhost SMTP just as Mail::Sendmail does. I also tried c...

Mail .Mac cannot send mail via smtp mac
I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found without any problem I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, what could be wrong ? thanks joss In article <470de294$0$27376$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found > without any problem > > I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, > what could be wrong ? > > thanks > > joss Without more detail, it's only a guess...bu...

Sending mail in Apple Mail via SMTP over SSL
This is a little weird, but here's the deal...I'd appreciate any help! I need to supply IMAP and SMTP for remote users (students) and want to use Apple Mail. IMAPS works great. SMTPS doesn't. I can telnet into port 465 and get to the SMTPS server just fine - I just can't send mail through Apple Mail or any other client (Entourage or Thunderbird). Thunderbird WILL work if I select TLS instead of SSL, but TLS isn't an option in Apple Mail or Entourage. I get the same behavior using Thunderbird on Windows. The backend server is Exchange 2003 with all SP and patches. Th...

connection refused when trying to collect mail with Mozilla Mail
and also with Netscape Messenger. This only happens with (redhat) linux - in windows there's no connection problem. Anyone know why? Thx, Ben umls wrote: > and also with Netscape Messenger. This only happens with (redhat) > linux - in windows there's no connection problem. Anyone know why? This can sometimes be caused by iptable rules or lack of them, I would suggest you download firestarter (0.8.3 for RH7.3 and earlier and 0.9.2 for RH8 and later) from firestarter.sourceforge.net 1. Remove lokkit: rpm -e --force lokkit 2. If you have ipchains, remove ...

Forwarding an SMTP mail connection on Dialup
We have a user who dials up (no internet connection) one of our servers (W2K) to collect email via POP3. That works fine. However, he cannot send mail. Is there something I could do to allow him to send via our network - some sort of SMTP proxy that will accept a connection and forward it to our ISP's mail servers. Thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) ...

Sending mail in Apple Mail via SMTP over SSL #2
This is a little weird, but here's the deal...I'd appreciate any help! I need to supply IMAP and SMTP for remote users (students) and want to use Apple Mail. IMAPS works great. SMTPS doesn't. I can telnet into port 465 and get to the SMTPS server just fine - I just can't send mail through Apple Mail or any other client (Entourage or Thunderbird). Thunderbird WILL work if I select TLS instead of SSL, but TLS isn't an option in Apple Mail or Entourage. I get the same behavior using Thunderbird on Windows. The backend server is Exchange 2003 with all SP and patches. Th...

Problem Sending Mail
This morning an Outlook user came to me and said they could not send mail. The error message indicated it had timed out "waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server". A look at sendmail's maillog indicated the following whenever a client connected to send mail. Jan 28 12:04:33 mydomain sm-mta[3780]: s0SH0Jnr003780: hispc [192.168.10.30] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA I also saw similar entries from inbound connections from Internet mail servers but that mail, unlike the clients the mail, was still accepted and del...

Forwarding an SMTP mail connection on Dialup
We have a user who dials up (no internet connection) one of our servers (W2K) to collect email via POP3. That works fine. However, he cannot send mail. Is there something I could do to allow him to send via our network - some sort of SMTP proxy that will accept a connection and forward it to our ISP's mail servers. Thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) ...

Sending Mail from Eudora Through Windows Live
My ISP recently switched over to using Windows Live to handle their email, meaning that I had to change my email settings for both incoming and outgoing mail in Eudora. (I use Eudora Light 6.2.3.4, just to clarify.) After a bit of fiddling, the incoming settings are working properly, but the outgoing settings are not. :/ Here is what they told me to use: Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.live.com Outgoing SMTP Mail Port: 587 Authentication Required: Yes (Your Windows Live ID and password) TLS/SSL Required: Yes (Select TLS if available, if not select SSL) Under Sending Mail, I'v...

Incoming and outgoing mail connections: "Connection refused"
I cannot send or receive mail. The ying/yang symbol turns for a long time then I get a "connection refused 10061" message: (This happens with both incoming and outgoing mail, and with three different service providers (2 incoming and 1 outgoing) and the incoming mail is accessible via webmail, so it seems clear it is not a service provider issue. This may or may not be relevant: I had been getting blue screens from Windows so I interrrupted the boot and loaded "last known good configuration". Everything now works OK, except for this Eudora issue. I may have t...

smtp connection broken but mail goes through
At about 1700 CST Monday my outgoing mail stopped working normally, with the message: Sending failed: Connection to host smtp.sbcglobal.net is broken The curious thing is, I've found the outgoing mail goes to the recipient anyway. The setup I'm using has worked without problems for about three years (with some software upgrades): Gentoo Linux 1.4 KDE 3.1.5 KMail 1.5.4 Kernel 2.4.22-gentoo-r5 iptables firewall (unchanged for over a year, and the problem remains if I disable it). SBCglobal's solution to all connectivity problems is to direct callers to www.spazmatic.net, which...

Send mail through separate internet connection
I have a t1 and a dsl line with static ip I have a firewall connected to the t1 that does all my NAT and is setup in as the network gateway.int address 10.100.10.254 my dsl router is connected in parrallel with the firewall and has a internal address of 10.100.10.200 I want to be able to send mail out through my dsl router and dont know how. 1. do I just change the gateway on the exchange server to 10.100.10.200 and create a 2nd mx record with higher priority pointing to the external address of the dsl router. Any help would be appreciated In article <1177946723.838135.79860@u30g2...

Sending mail through Eudora times out (AOL)
Since last Saturday I have had trouble sending email through Eudora (pd version 6.0.1.1). The process times out. I am on AOL but had no trouble until then. Port setting is at 587 as it should be. There is no problem bringing mail in. I do not have AOL mail programmed in, just my personal and business domain email. There are two things that happened last weekend that might have had an effect. The first is that my router died and I am no plugged directly into the dsl modem. The second is that I tried to re-activate Msgtag. It wasn't recognizing my Eudora accounts so I clo...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

Web resources about - sending mail - could not connect to smtp.comcast.com connection timed out 10060 - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Ritchie Yorke recounts John Lennon, Yoko Ono connection - The Courier-Mail Search Search
IN THE old-school days of rock ’n’ roll journalism, savvy interviewers got to spend time with interviewees, get to know them, hang out backstage ...

'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2 spoilers: ‘Flight 462’ connection teased in new promo
... his group will travel in a yacht in “Fear the Walking Dead” Season 2. A new “Fear the Walking Dead” Season 2 trailer teases “Flight 462” connection. ...

The French connection
A FRENCH-SPEAKING Tasmania is not quite as out-landish a concept as it at first appears, considering we came extremely close to being a French ...

'Who made you Pope?': Donald Trump, Jeb Bush and the Caddyshack connection
The 1980s comedy tells us something about the relationship between Donald Trump and Jeb Bush.

Anchorage man arrested in connection with January armed robberies
Police say a 24-year-old Anchorage man has been arrested in connection with two armed robberies and one attempted robbery at the end of January. ...

Igniting Brand Growth Via Emotional Connections
Nobel Prize winning research in neuroscience and behavioral economics proves that all humans are irrational, emotional creatures. Both marketers ...