Server Options, Fetch/Delete ??

I can't find any definitive information for the filter option...

Server Options, Fetch/Delete

Can that be used to delete an E-mail _at_ the server without
retrieving it?

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Jim

On Fri, 02 Dec 2016 13:09:02 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon@On-My-Web-Site.com> declaimed the
following:

>I can't find any definitive information for the filter option...
>
>Server Options, Fetch/Delete
>
>Can that be used to delete an E-mail _at_ the server without
>retrieving it?

	Unfortunately, my computer drive failed earlier this week, and I was
unable to recover a Win7 environment... and the HLP files are not supported
on Win10... Hope you'll forgive me for not digging up the older Laptop with
Win7 to check.

	One would still have to download the message headers for the filter to
activate... But I don't see any options that say only fetch headers.

	As a last thought... They may only apply if you have an IMAP server.
IMAP servers normally keep all message on the server and you only see the
base header. Fetch might mean copy the message from server to local
mailbox, and delete would be to delete from the server (perhaps as a manual
filter when deleting local copies)
Dennis