Some of my mail ends up at Earthlink web mail.

Hi all,

Damage control never ends.

I use Eudora 6.2. Windows XP.  Auestion: why does some of my email end
up in my ISP;s (Earthlink) 'Web Mail' box?

Tks,

Kramer
Kramer Redding
Medical Researcher at
www.linkable.org
-------------------
0
Kramer

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 03:30:16 GMT, Kramer <nemesis7@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Damage control never ends.
>
>I use Eudora 6.2. Windows XP.  Auestion: why does some of my email end
>up in my ISP;s (Earthlink) 'Web Mail' box?
IT all starts there. It's the same place.

What you might be seeing is mail that arrived between the time You
last 'Check Mail' with Eudora and the time you 'Check mail /signed in
to WebMail.

There is one last case: (Eudora) Orphans that were left on the server
for many reasons. 1)multiple Computers check mail and most set to
leave on server, settings to ignore larger messages, Network failed
during download of message so delete never got done.

>Tks,
>
>Kramer
>Kramer Redding
>Medical Researcher at
>www.linkable.org
>-------------------
0
Steve
9/2/2005 3:24:37 PM
Actually all your mail goes there before it gets to Eudora. Sometime
mail can be formed incorrectly or a server error will basically causes
it to not be fetched.

The few times I've had it it was clearly a bad piece of mail, but a
server probelm could cause it too.

wrote:

>why does some of my email end
>up in my ISP;s (Earthlink) 'Web Mail' box?
---------------------------------------
 Paul Blais -  Hayes, Virginia
0
pblais
9/2/2005 3:40:12 PM
Ssteve and Paul thanks much. Guess I may have to live with it.

wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Damage control never ends.
>
>I use Eudora 6.2. Windows XP.  Auestion: why does some of my email end
>up in my ISP;s (Earthlink) 'Web Mail' box?
>
>Tks,
>
>Kramer
>Kramer Redding
>Medical Researcher at
>www.linkable.org
>-------------------

Kramer Redding
Medical Researcher at
www.linkable.org
-------------------
0
Kramer
9/3/2005 11:08:41 PM
Kramer <nemesis7@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>I use Eudora 6.2. Windows XP.  Auestion: why does some of my email end
>>up in my ISP;s (Earthlink) 'Web Mail' box?

> Guess I may have to live with it.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't fix whatever the problem is. For
us to give you much help doing so, we need to know more than you've told
us.

As you've already been told, "webmail" isn't a destination. It is just
another way of working with mail on the server. Why are you even looking
at your mail with webmail? Are you using that because Eudora is failing to
download your messages and you're searching for them or are you going
there for other reasons and noticing that there are messages there that
Eudora hasn't downloaded yet? If the latter, are you sure that the
messages aren't new ones that have come in since the last time Eudora did
a mail check? With some webmail systems, viewing the messages in webmail
will prevent the server from allowing Eudora to download them. I'm not
aware of Earthlink's webmail working that way, but I don't know that it
doesn't either.

Assuming that you're using webmail because you were searching for the
messages after not seeing them in Eudora, what do the messages involved
have in common, if anything? Are they all larger messages or something
like that?

Have you tried deleting the lmos.dat file for the personality involved?
Lmos.dat is the file that keeps track of which messages were downloaded
and left on the server. If it gets corrupted, that can cause Eudora not to
know which messages have already been downloaded and which haven't. The
lmos.dat file for the dominant personality is found in the "spool"
subdirectory. For any other personality, it is in that personality's
subdirectory within "spool". Make sure Eudora is closed when you delete
it.

--
Katrina

0
Katrina

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Check Mail returns no mail when in fact there is mail
On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer (which connects directly to the DSL without utilizing the wireless connection). I can send mail from the laptop just fine using Eudora. I get no error message when attempting to check for mail, just the dialogue box telling me I have no new mail. The small circle that appears in the lower right corner of the status bar turns as it normally does when the program checks for mail, then in about 2 seconds the dialogue box appears to say I have no new mail. Any suggestions for fixing this problem? Thanks, Dave. Dave <dtkipp@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless > network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it > would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have > no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser > on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set > identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical cop...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because ...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

Mail erases mail?
Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get it back? -- John Rethorst jrethorst at post dot com In article <noone-B571F2.18450825092004@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> wrote: > Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from > that account promptly disap...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

Junk mail in Mail
With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode, I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail remembers that, as if it were in training mode. On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to > training mode to tell Mail wha...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include t...

Web Mail Interface for My Mail Server
Hi guys, I was wondering if someone can help me out here. I am running hmailserver on windows xp and i would like to setup a webmail interface on my server so that my users dont have to use outlook to check emails and can just use thier browsers to do so. I was wondering is there any free plug in available to do something like this? I googled it but everything is php scripts etc and nothing seem to be the right thing. Thanks a lot guys!!!. ...

Apple Mail or web based mail?
My dsl isp's email address domain is sbcglobal.net, a rewrapping of yahoo account. So far I have been checkimg mail at their web site with safari. I have never used Apple Mail and was wondering it it would be better or more convenient in anyway? Can I download all the folders I have saved at sbc? All opinions appreciated but specially from people who have experience with sbcglobal email. Thanks. Newbie <newbie@no.spam> wrote: > My dsl isp's email address domain is sbcglobal.net, a rewrapping of > yahoo account. So far I have been checkimg mail at their web site with &g...

Importing Eudora mail into Apple Mail
Having used Eudora for too many years, I now have a real mess in the references to attachments. Many of the attachments are no longer accessible from the messages that they arrived in, even though they are still in the attachments folder. The main issue here is that I have moved Eudora to a new machine every few years, and the startup disk has typically had a new name. This in itself is not a big problem, and Eudora still seems able to find the files. (But it does leave the reference in the mailbox with the old disk's name.) However, the other part of the reference is the...

Odd problem MAIL and DECW$MAIL (sequential MAIL.MAI)
Alpha VMS 8.3 (ok, in fairness, this is after a disk problem, but bear with me !) My DECW$MAIL profile has 5 drawers. 3 of them point to other user's MAIL.MAI files. This worked fine for some time. Now, one of those user's mail files behaves badly. DOuble clicking on that drawer yields NOTHING. Right Click on the folder followed by "open in new window" crashes DEC$WINDOWS. From character cell mail, I can set file USRDIR:[user]MAIL.MAI and then perform DIR, read, and even delete with success. HOWEVER, DELETE takes a long time to complete but does complete. I can send...

Mail 2.1, two PBG4s, synchronizing mail and mail problems
Here's the sitch: PBG4 w/broken screen, running an external (duh) Samsung monitor. This is my shop PB, it's currently masquerading as an immobile desktop. PBG4 all fixy-fix. Mostly keep at home, but also on the road. LaCie 320GB external Firewire drive. backup at shop (used Migration Assistant to copy the shop PB's system (10.4.7), apps, and docs to the FireWire drive) Two mail accounts -- one on each PB -- both of which accounts dump into Mail 2.1, on both PBs. With me so far? *I'm* already lost... Problem one: Is there a way -- besides signing up with .Mac -- that I ca...

Mails sent mail to internal people are sent to their Internet mail address
Hi. When people in our company send mail messages to others in our company's directory Lotus Notes sends directly to the Internet. Since our Domino server is not yet configured as an SMTP relay, our fellows use Notes 6 client to read their Notes mailbox and send mails directly to the Internet. They all have a pop3 account by our ISP that they must read from their Notes client. Our Domino R6 server is installed on a Linux machine on which I have no control. Notes R6 clients use replication to read their mail from their ISP pop3 account. I'd like Lotus Notes R6 clients to...

Copy/Paste mail from one mail.box to a new mail.box
Occassionally, we have to allow the server to create new mail boxes on server restart. When we realize we have an issue, we stop Domino, rename the current mail boxes and then new ones get created by the server. We are wondering if there is a tool that would automatically copy and paste the emails in the orginal mail boxes to the new mail boxes. TIA, It must be a dedicated tool, since copying documents to the mail.box is not allowed: It was a potential leak in security. I believe that since version 5 it is changed and copying docs to the mail.box is disabled. greetzz, Dick &...

Best Method of Forwarding Web-Mail to Mail App?
I'd like to be able to forward Yahoo mail to my Mail.app pop account. I Googled this but the several leads I found all fizzled. It would be hard to believe there is currently no good way to do this. Madeline In article <invalid-5C468D.14232619022005@news-50.dca.giganews.com>, Madwen <invalid@nospam.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to forward Yahoo mail to my Mail.app pop account. I > Googled this but the several leads I found all fizzled. It would be > hard to believe there is currently no good way to do this. I think the only way to do that with Yaho...

Getting Eudora Mail to Apple Mail from A Different Computer
i have tons of email in my Eudora program on my old iMac which i need to transfer somehow into my Apple email program on my Powerbook. can someone PLEASE tell me how best to do this? i created a network between the Powerbook and the iMac but when i opened the Eudora program on the iMac, there were no messages in it. however, as soon as i disconnected the network, i was able to see all the mail in the iMac Eudora program. i have no idea why. perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain and also how to transfer all this stuff. thanx. Hi, > i have tons of email in my E...

Importing Mail/Address book to Eudora from Mail app
As per the header. What I can't seem to do is using the Import command from within Eudora is to import the contents of my Mac Address Book into Eudora. Also importing mailboxes, for some reason Eudora duplicates them into 2 lots of mailboxes, most likely from when I used to run 2 accounts in Mail. Is there any way of merging the 2 boxes into 1? I'm using a G5 iMac Power PC. Thank you, Peter P.S. Please note that the e-mail address given is a spam trap. My correct e-mail address is peterNOSPAM@pfjames.NOTHANKS.co.uk Remove the obvious to reply -- He spoke wit...

how do backup deliver to smtp server mail or copy all mail forward a mail account?
thanks! a wrote: ISP & MX > thanks! Anytime Wolfgang ...

Web resources about - Some of my mail ends up at Earthlink web mail. - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Connect with EarthLink, the award-winning Internet service provider (ISP) you can trust!
... broadband Internet access, Web hosting, Internet & home phone bundles & more. Connect with us for savings, support & satisfaction! myEarthLink ...

EarthLink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
EarthLink is an IT services , network and communications provider headquartered in Atlanta , Georgia , USA . The company serves more than 150,000 ...

EarthLink Blog - Connecting people to the power and possibilities of the Internet
If you’re an EarthLink Dial-Up customer, you may have manually configured your Windows or Mac computer to connect to the Internet via an internal ...

EarthLink, Inc. - Investor Relations
Anytime, anywhere, EarthLink connects people to the power and possibilities of the Internet. Connect to the Internet with High Speed, DSL, Cable, ...

EarthLink - Welcome to myEarthLink
... news, stocks, sports, weather, and more. Choose the features that interest you most, and arrange them all on one single Web page. myEarthLink ...

EarthLink (@EarthLink) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here EarthLink @ EarthLink EarthLink ...

Hampton the Hamster "Hampsterdance Earthlink Promo" - YouTube
This commercial was the first time Hampsterdance was seen on TV all over the USA!

Apple and EarthLink Form Partnership to Deliver Best ISP Service to Macintosh Users
MACWORLD EXPO, SAN FRANCISCO—January 5, 2000—Apple® and EarthLink (NASDAQ: ELNK) today announced a multi-year partnership to deliver the best ...

Earthlink debuts hosted desktop services, adds cloud expert to executive team
Earthlink this week strengthened its cloud services offerings, debuting a hosted desktop solution that allows customers access regardless of ...

Clearwire makes 4G deal with Earthlink
Clearwire continued its push into the wholesale market today by announcing a deal with internet provider Earthlink. The Atlanta, Ga.-based Earthlink ...