Thunderbird following in Eudors's footsteps.

Having been a long-time user of Eudora, I reluctantly downloaded Thunderbir=
d, finding it adept at adopting my plethora of old Eudora mailboxes and mes=
sages. The Transfer was thorough but not perfect. All old messages were kep=
t, but the status (read vs unread) was lost for all old messages,and the li=
nks to their individual attachments was also lost. But I know the directory=
 where they are stored, so now, I can read the old message, identify the at=
tachment name therein, then search for it. The new Thunderbird attachment s=
torage modus operandi is not clear to me. Day-to day  message handling is b=
etter in Thunderbird. Mailbox creation semantics took some time to earn (no=
 manual). Discovery: <CTRL>-1 always brings up the head of the mailbox hier=
archy; I place an INBOX entry there.
0
Angelo

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 10:33:35 -0800 (PST), Angelo Campanella
<a.campanella@att.net> wrote:

>and the links to their individual attachments was also lost. But I know the directory where they are stored, so now, I can read the old
>message, identify the attachmen  name therein, then search for it. The new Thunderbird attachment storage modus operandi is not clear to me.

In Eudora OSE, I have a lot of messages with attachments. Would those
messages not be read properly after upgrading to latest  TB?
0
nospam
12/21/2016 9:25:20 AM
On 12/21/2016 4:25 AM, nospam@ms.com wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 10:33:35 -0800 (PST), Angelo Campanella
> <a.campanella@att.net> wrote:
>
>> and the links to their individual attachments was also lost. But I know the directory where they are stored, so now, I can read the old
>> message, identify the attachmen  name therein, then search for it. The new Thunderbird attachment storage modus operandi is not clear to me.
>
> In Eudora OSE, I have a lot of messages with attachments. Would those
> messages not be read properly after upgrading to latest  TB?

What would it take to beat into you guy's brains that this is a Eudora
newsgroup and that Eudora OSE is not Eudora and neither is Thunderbird.

Please, don't keep hijacking this group just because it suits you - take
it somewhere else.

0
Sid