Why Is Junk Mail Marked As Unread Mail

I wish that all of the junk mail would automatically go into my Junk folder
as read messages.  It is very time consuming to need to open the Junk
folder, highlight the unread Junk messages, and mark them as read just to
change the Junk folder title in the left pane to go back to unbold.

0
Jim

Am 28.05.2004 00:05, Jim Thornton schrieb:
> I wish that all of the junk mail would automatically go into my Junk folder
> as read messages.  It is very time consuming to need to open the Junk
> folder, highlight the unread Junk messages, and mark them as read just to
> change the Junk folder title in the left pane to go back to unbold.

Hi,

do the following:

Go to the menu Tools -> Options -> Category 'Junk Mail' and make a check
in 'Junk mailbox is never marked unread'.

Best Regards,

Ansgar
0
Ansgar
5/27/2004 10:43:58 PM
Ansgar Schrage <news.20.sapper@spamgourmet.com> wrote:

>Am 28.05.2004 00:05, Jim Thornton schrieb:
>> I wish that all of the junk mail would automatically go into my Junk folder
>> as read messages.  It is very time consuming to need to open the Junk
>> folder, highlight the unread Junk messages, and mark them as read just to
>> change the Junk folder title in the left pane to go back to unbold.
>
>Hi,
>
>do the following:
>
>Go to the menu Tools -> Options -> Category 'Junk Mail' and make a check
>in 'Junk mailbox is never marked unread'.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Ansgar

I've done that, but my junk mail is still marked unread, and the junk
mailbox is also highlighted.

"undocumented feature"?
--
Alex
alexy

Junk mail in Mail
With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode, I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail remembers that, as if it were in training mode. On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to > training mode to tell Mail wha...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

mail() goes to Junk Mail
Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to @xyz.com junk mail folders. Why is that so? How can I fix it? Thank you, --Andre Phandana On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:53:18 -0500, "Andre Phandana" <aphandan@purdue.edu> wrote: >Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to >@xyz.com junk mail folders. >Why is that so? Have you asked the mail administrator of xyz.com? >How can I fix it? There's the flippant answer of "don't send junk", but it might be better if you posted an example of how...

Mail
Is this happening to anyone else? Within the last week, Mail is suddenly dumping a LOT of messages into the Junk Mail folder. Do you know why this might be happening? Messages are going there that have previously gone to my Inbox. Just curious. -- Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle." A few pics from the Fair are here: http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254 In article <barbschaller-277DF8.23293225102010@news.iphouse.com>, Melba's Jammin'...

mail junk-mail rule
For some reason, the junk mail rule is not working for one of my accounts--my primary account. If I reset the junk mail settings, it will work and properly mark a portion of the mail as junk mail, but after as I start to train it to recognize other junk mail, it stops identifying any of that mail as junk mail. Checking or unchecking the options for sender in my address book, previous recipients, or message is sent to my full name does not have any effect. This problem does not happen with my other accounts, though. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this problem? -- Stop Ma...

Junk mail not going to junk mail folder.
When I receive junk mail in my in box, I send it to the junk mail folder, the idea being that Eudoira will remember that directive and future emails from the same sender will be automatically routed there, and I won't see them in my in box. I checked the option "Automatically place Junk in Junk mailbox" But emails from the exactly same spammers keep reappearing in the in box That that redirect is ignored. How can I get this to work? I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 with XP/SP3 Thanks MS On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 01:16:17 -0700 (PDT), mstag <stagersound@gmail.com>...

Check Mail returns no mail when in fact there is mail
On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer (which connects directly to the DSL without utilizing the wireless connection). I can send mail from the laptop just fine using Eudora. I get no error message when attempting to check for mail, just the dialogue box telling me I have no new mail. The small circle that appears in the lower right corner of the status bar turns as it normally does when the program checks for mail, then in about 2 seconds the dialogue box appears to say I have no new mail. Any suggestions for fixing this problem? Thanks, Dave. Dave <dtkipp@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless > network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it > would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have > no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser > on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set > identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical cop...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so they'll be available in Mozilla as well? -- Hallvard Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: > In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the > attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message > itself, encoded in BASE-64. > > > How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so > they'll be available in Mozilla as well? > > Hi. Try this plugin http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm#exporter -- mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index Brana Bujenovic wrote: > Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in > news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: >> How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so >> they'll be ...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because ...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

Mail erases mail?
Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get it back? -- John Rethorst jrethorst at post dot com In article <noone-B571F2.18450825092004@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> wrote: > Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from > that account promptly disap...

Why is SpamWatch is junking my mail from a mailing list?
Just in the last couple of days, Eudora 6.0 has been assigning spam scores of 99 to all the mail from a certain mailing list I subscribe to. I went into the UserJunkDB.txt file and removed all references to the mailing list title, then rescored a bunch of the mail from that list and it still posted it at a score of 99. I "unjunked" the messages, and when I recalculated the scores, they still came up at 99. Apparently some keyword gets them marked as spam. Any ideas how I can determine what words in a message get it marked as spam? Along the same lines, is there any way to c...

Persistant Junk Mail in Mail.app
I use Mail.app for emaii. Mail.app includes a Bayesian filter which is supposed to "learn" the characteristics of a particular mail designated by me as junk and will eventually automatically move mail with the learned characteristics to the junk mail list. This seems to usually work but there are a few exceptions. My assumption is that the senders of those emails have somehow done something to bypass the junk filter. I'm curious as to what that could be. Any thoughts will be appreciated. -- James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas In article <atnt47Fk1v3U1@mid.indiv...

Mail junk mail filtering problem
I just started emailing photos from my cell phone to my home email address, but I'm finding that they all end up in the Junk folder. I added the email address to my Address Book. I have the preference set to exempt emails with sender from my Address Book. The Trust junk mail headers set by my ISP is off. I even have a rule that changes the color for all people that are in my Address Book. So these emails arrive color coded as being a known address, the from field actually shows my name from my address book, but still they keep showing up in my Junk email box. I've clicked Not J...

New Mail Announcement for Junk Mail
How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail? I have the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I don't think I should be getting the announce. Also, the mail indicator appears at the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail. Steven Jacobsohn wrote: >How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all >the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail? I have >the box checked that says ...

Mail automatically deleting junk mail
On my wife's iBook, Mail is automatically deleting junk mail as soon as she clicks on the Junk Mail folder to check the contents. I can't find anything in the preferences that would be causing this. Any suggestions? Thanks! In article <timmcn-52B943.23120425102006@news.iphouse.com>, Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> wrote: > On my wife's iBook, Mail is automatically deleting junk mail as soon as > she clicks on the Junk Mail folder to check the contents. I can't find > anything in the preferences that would be causing this. Any > suggestio...

Why mails from my server considered as junk mail
Hello, After sendmail is installed and running, I was able to send and receive mails from/to internet. But I don't know why if I send mail to yahoo or hotmail, the mails will be automatically put into junk mail folder. I didn't do any change to the default sendmail configuration which came with RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0. I am wondering why my mails are considered as junk mail. The only thing of my sendmail which is unusal is, The mail server is behind a router with NAT function. So my mail server is only configured as private IP address 192.168.1.10. The router can translate it to...

Mail Alert when only junk mail received
Hi, Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before, I would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk. Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even when just junk mail is received. Is that true? I know it wasn't working that way before. Any body know the real answer and how to fix this? Thanks, Tracy X-No-Archive: yes On 06 Oct 2003 23:57:42 GMT,"Tracy E. Schreiber" posted ... >Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before, I >would not hear the n...

Web resources about - Why Is Junk Mail Marked As Unread Mail - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Category:Articles with specifically marked weasel-worded phrases from November 2008 - Wikipedia, the ...

Facebook’s Spanish-Language Market Marked by Fragmentation, but Promises Opportunity
Editor’s note: The following analysis is based on data from Inside Facebook Gold , our research and data membership service covering Facebook’s ...

Mac App Store - Marked 2
Get Marked 2 on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Marked up for tracking... - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Reflective tape. (This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Please provide attribution and a link ...

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones - Official Trailer - YouTube
Watch the official trailer for the new Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. In theaters January. http://www.paranormalmovie.com https://twi ...

India’s 68th Independence Day is marked with traditional songs to educate youngsters in Dubai
More than 1,500 labourers, teachers and managers along with families carrying children clapped, danced and hummed old classics and hit Bollywood ...

Brisbane architect marked the shift to city's organic lines
A Brisbane architect who designed Brisbane&#8217;s La Boite Theatre and the iconic Greek Orthodox Church at West End has been remembered as moving ...

Hysteria, then silence, marked the end of the world
Hundreds of people gathered at Byron Bay to witness the end of the world as we know it.

Diner shocked after getting a receipt marked ‘white ppl’ at curry house - The Courier-Mail Search Search ...
A DINER who ordered a mild curry from a local Indian restaurant was left speechless when he opened the receipt to find “WHITE PPL” on it.