Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first
day I have problem with Eudora 7.1.
My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again
regularly.
Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download.
Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again.
Always the same problem.
Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on
registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same
problems.
Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8?
I want to cry!!!! Help me please.
Thanks a lot.

PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with
old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem?
2
Reply AroundTheWorld 1/1/2010 10:52:59 PM

See related articles to this posting

AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld@DELETEinterfree.it> wrote in

> Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first
> day I have problem with Eudora 7.1.
> My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
> I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
> stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again
> regularly.
> Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download.
> Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again.
> Always the same problem.
> Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on
> registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same
> problems.
> Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8?
> I want to cry!!!! Help me please.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with
> old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem?

Eudora has a bit of a problem when it ownloads mail from an ISP that
requires SSL <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSL>.  This is because Eudora
and the ISP have to agree that the connection they have made is indeed
secure.  It requires a bit of time for this "handshake" to be completed.
This extra time is only needed the first time after Eudora starts up.  At
the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is fast.
It may annoy you the first time but taking a deep breath is the best you
can do.

In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth of
your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads under
Tools|Options|Threading.  This may require the esoteric.epi file to be
copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail directory.  (I
have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem still happens to
some extent).

--
Best regards
Han

>At the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is fast.
>It may annoy you the first time

You are right perfectly

>In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth of
>your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads under
>Tools|Options|Threading.  This may require the esoteric.epi file to be
>copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail directory.  (I
>have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem still happens to
>some extent).

I have copied esoteric.epi file from extra stuff subdirectory at
Eudora folder to the folder where there are mailboxes.
On Tools|Options|Threading I have read 10 for default. Have I to
change it? I have just tried with  5 but I have always these problem.
I don't understand if it is better to put a high number or the
contrary.
Thanks for your news.
0
Reply AroundTheWorld 1/2/2010 1:03:43 PM

>>At the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is
>>fast.  It may annoy you the first time
>
> You are right perfectly
>
>>In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth
>>of your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads
>>under Tools|Options|Threading.  This may require the esoteric.epi file
>>to be copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail
>>directory.  (I have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem
>>still happens to some extent).
>
> I have copied esoteric.epi file from extra stuff subdirectory at
> Eudora folder to the folder where there are mailboxes.
> On Tools|Options|Threading I have read 10 for default. Have I to
> change it? I have just tried with  5 but I have always these problem.
> I don't understand if it is better to put a high number or the
> contrary.
> Thanks for your news.

I don't know whether a higher or lower number is better.  It depends on
your connection to the internet.  If you get many times the error message
that the connection has timed out, I would reduce the nmber of threads.

But I think that you just have to get used to the initial delay.  It's a
bit of a bother, but I usually let Eudora just run.  In fact I have set
the program to NOT check mail unless I click on the get mail button, or
use the equivalent keystroke [Ctrl-M].

Hope this helps!
Arriverdeci!
--
Best regards
Han

>In fact I have set
>the program to NOT check mail unless I click on the get mail button, or
>use the equivalent keystroke [Ctrl-M].

I'm sorry but I don't remember how I have set
the program to NOT check mail. Where have I to delete the flag?
Thanks a lot
0
Reply AroundTheWorld 1/2/2010 2:47:23 PM

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:52:59 -0600:

> Three days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7
> and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1

Thank you.  I am not going to replace XP (the best Windows yet made)
until they pry it out of my cold dead body's hands :)

Although not directly related to the explicit issue you mention,
it is good to check "Help" > "About Eudora"
and make sure that the "Data:" path (for all mail and settings)
is NOT contained within the system "program files" folder,
where, unless the security features are deliberately disabled,
Vista and Windows 7 do not permit applications to write or update anythi=
ng
(i.e. your mail and settings will never get updated,
so they should never be stored there).

> My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
> I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
> stuck on 3rd account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regul=
arly.

Does that account's incoming server use SSL?

Does "stuck, and then it goes again regularly"
mean that after launching Eudora,
only the very first "check mail" is delayed
(or its remote server may even time out and disconnect),
but then "check mail" is never again delayed,
so long as Eudora remains running?

This does not cause any data loss, even if the remote server
is impatient and disconnects -- there is only one pause,
only once after Eudora is first launched,
then never again as long as Eudora is running.

For more (and possibly surprising) info about this, see:
http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=3D14440

-- =
0
Reply John 1/2/2010 11:13:01 PM

>Does that account's incoming server use SSL?

I'm sorry if I am not expert. Where can I verify if my Eudora uses SSL
server?

>Does "stuck, and then it goes again regularly"
>mean that after launching Eudora,
>only the very first "check mail" is delayed
>(or its remote server may even time out and disconnect),
>but then "check mail" is never again delayed,
>so long as Eudora remains running?

Sure, it is so ok. You are right.

>This does not cause any data loss, even if the remote server
>is impatient and disconnects -- there is only one pause,
>only once after Eudora is first launched,
>then never again as long as Eudora is running.

Yes you are right.

>For more (and possibly surprising) info about this, see:
>http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=14440

Now I am enough happy. I have just followed your suggestion about this
link and I have chosen Win 95 compatibility. Now Eudora works fine but
....... now I have a little and different problem. I see Eudora with a
different colour but especially the Windows 7 taskbar (on the bottom)
is no longer transparent but it has become heavenly. I have this
problem when Eudora is opened. If I shut down Eudora everithing is
normal.

Thanks for your suggestions.
0
Reply AroundTheWorld 1/3/2010 12:04:55 AM

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 18:04:55 -0600

> Where can I verify if Eudora uses SSL

It's the servers you specify in Eudora for your accounts,
which may or may not use SSL,
according to what each server operator tells you
(they don't all tell me :)

For each server, there is one of the following choices:

Secure Sockets (SSL) when Receiving (for incoming servers)

Secure Sockets (SSL) when Sending (for outgoing servers)

You have made those choices yourself
(hopefully according to instructions you got from server operators :)

> I have just followed your suggestion about this link...
> and I have chosen Win 95 compatibility. Now Eudora works fine but...

As the Qualcomm forum post suggested,
setting Eudora's "compatibility mode" to a very old version of Windows
may have some other effect, besides just on SSL negotiation.

Windows 7 (and Vista) may even have to suspend some of its own display features,
it would appear, to accommodate such modes in any application that is running.

Apparently you can have "either, or" but not everything you want, all at the same time.

Like some other aspects of life :)

Best wishes and happy new year.

Reply John 1/3/2010 1:35:50 AM
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10389 articles. 5 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Linux, ISE 7.1, problems, problems, problems ....
ok, ok we've beaten this subject to death already .... I just had this really radical and crazy idea: XILINX, how about a BETA program ? I mean one before you burn the CDs and make a product announcement and we are stuck with a useless plastic disc. If I look at all the issues that people are having with 7.1, they are all so trivial and easy to to solve (include a few libs, distribute a statically linked setup program, etc.). I'm sure a few of us with subscription would volunteer to test drive a pre-release version of your s/w. - I know I would. Wouldn't that be much nicer t...

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Problems With In, Out, Trash, Junk mailboxes moving Eudora 7.1 Paid from Windows 7 Ultra to Windows 8 Home
I used the Eudora setup file to set it up on the new computer. Then I copie= d over all of the files from my program directory on my Win 7 Ultimate to m= y Win 8 computer. When I start Eudora everything is there ( many, many mail= boxes, personalities, signatures, etc. except the In, Out, Junk and Trash f= iles are empty. I used this procedure for moving Eudora whenever I upgraded= computers. It has always worked before. All of my mailboxes are in the Eu= dora folder. Can anyone help me with this? On Monday, April 29, 2013 8:05:53 PM UTC-7, mortr...@gmail.com wrote: > I used the ...

Eudora 7.1 and Win 7 x 64: problem on cheking. help!
Hi, I have formatted my hard drive and after installing Eudora 7.1, Eudora doesn't works fine. It doesn't chek emails. I am able to send email but I don't receive them. I have disabled Avira and I have unistalle Edurora some times and installed it. In your opinon what is my problem? Thanks ijones@jejejeje.it wrote in news:26ras69eah5lbqnnkpac2bkdv3ectphfgs@ 4ax.com: > Hi, I have formatted my hard drive and after installing Eudora 7.1, > Eudora doesn't works fine. It doesn't chek emails. I am able to send > email but I don't receive them. > I h...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- -...

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

Problems compiling phtread-win32 2.7.0 under Windows XP SP2 using MSVC++ 7.1
I everybody, I spent some time trying to compile the last 'pthread-win32 2.7.0' (from 'http://sourceware.org/pthreads-win32') release and I met the following problems. (At the end the my post, you will find the nmake log lines) 1/ First, the compilation of "private.c" generates four C4297 warnings. After looking at MSVC71 options in the MSDN, I read this : "The /EHc option requires that /EHs, /EHa, or /GX is specified. It tells the compiler to assume that extern C functions never throw an exception." Looking at the code, I noticed that ...

Problem:installing oracle 7.2.3 on unixware 7.1.1 error!!!!!!
I installing the oracle 7.2.3 on unixware 7.1.1 . What I do is following the install manual, ( 1.mount oracle cd-rom on /mnt directory 2.su - oracle oracle>mkdir $ORACLE_HOME/link oracle>/mnt/start.sh oracle>$ORACLE_HOME/link/orainst/orainst when the orainst intsaller ready to install the oracle to UNIX os,the erorr is FILE NOT FOUND..... but have some problems when running the orainst ...

VW 7.1 & 7.3.1 on Ubuntu Linux, font problems
A customer was trying out our MetaEdit+ app, (7.1 image, 7.2 VM) on Ubuntu 5.04, and received several primitiveFailed errors. The errors turned out to be when VW was trying to allocate a scaled Helvetica font - most font sizes needed were available as bitmap fonts, but whenever VW tried to use the scalable (size 0) font that xlsfonts said was available, it got a primitveFailed allocating the font. I tried out 7.3.1, and that sat there at start-up grabbing all the CPU and increasing memory without ever opening a window. If the VISUALWORKS variable wasn't defined, it managed...

Shared Memory Problems, Informix IDS 7.31 install on SCO UnixWare 7.1.1
Hi All, First of all, here is what I am using: SCO UnixWare 7.1.1, IDS 7.3.1. My problem is with shared memory. I have set all of the settings according to the machine specific notes in the the release note except for this part: INFORMIX-OnLine Kernel Parameters: ================================= SEMMNI: 150 SEMMNS: 60 SEMMSL: 150 Where do these get set? I changed (as per IDS_7.3 in the release notes): SHMMNI 200 SHMSEG: 15 SHMMAX: 536870912 and rebuilt the kernel and they all check out using idtune -g <name>. The error I get in the online.log after on...

Migrating from Eudora 7.1.0.9 to Eudora OSE
I've been running Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows 7 64-bit systems for a couple o= f years now. It took me a while to work out that it worked better if I installed it at= =20 C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora but once I'd worked that out it worked fine. Sadly, I've had to change my information provider, and Eudora couldn't pick= up e-mail from the new information provider. I tried installing Thunderbird, but it wouldn't import my mail folders (whi= ch are big and complicated) even after I'd cleaned them up with Eudora Resc= ue. Eudora 7.1.0.9 reads ...

Problem in creating the simulation dll using SIT 2.0.3,matlab 7.1,labview 7.1
I am currently using SIT 2.0.3 ,using this toolkit i am trying to create the simulation DLL for labview.but i am getting the following error in matlab command window Error: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 7Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 117 Column: 25The == and != operators can only be used to compare values of the same typeError: File: C:\SimulationInterfaceToolkit\ModelInterface\basic.tlc Line: 260 Column: 26Undefined identifier ReleaseVersionError: File: C:\Simulation...

LAPack problem in Matlab 7.0 and 7.0.1
Hi guys, I have been creating dll using the mex command on Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6 under WinXP. My fortran programs require the use of DGEMM, and in the past I have been linking to the LAPACK using libdflapck.dll without any issue. When 7.0/7.0.1 arrive, they forgot to include libdflapack.dll, so I went back to use the one from version 6.5.1. Unfortunately, there is some incompatibility with the old version of libdflapack.dll and Matlab 7.0/7.0.1. The mex created dll just fails to run. It is a platform dependent problem. On some machines (P3, AMD XP), the dll runs without problem. ...

Migrating 7.1.3 to 7.3.4 problem
Hi, Just recently one of my box went down due to filestsystem corruption.. Luckily I was able to recover my /var/lib/pgsql directory... now my problem lies on how to recover this data... all my boxes runs on rh9 and compiling the source and rebuilding the source rpm is not helping out either.. is there a way on how to migrate my old data? TIA ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match You may need to whip out a ...

problem with windows me & wmp 7.1
i've upgrade from win 98 to windows me, and everytime i use windows media player 7.1, i got error messages & my system would freezes, i tried to remove wmp 7.1 but when i open add/remove, to my surprise it wasn't listed there so i don't knew what to do, i'm not an expert any one knew what should i do > i've upgrade from win 98 to windows me, and everytime i use > windows media player 7.1, i got error messages & my system > would freezes, i tried to remove wmp 7.1 but when i open > add/remove, to my surprise it wasn't listed T...

Window closing problem in Netscape 7.1
I have facing the problem of window closing in Netscape 7.1 I have a window (simple window) and a button , on clicking the button i want to close the window. I have written the closeWindow() function on onClick event of button. Its work fine in IE. How to solve the issue ? Is there in any alternate way to close the window in Netscape 7.1 ? function CloseWindow() { if (window.name != "") window.name = ""; window.close(); } Regards Asit wrote: > I have facing the problem of window closing in Netscape 7.1 > > I have a window (...

Eudora 7.1: I get problems with accents
Hi friend, when I receive email and if there are accents on the words I get many many errors. I mean words with � � �, ect. Eudora doesnt read fine those waords. Do I have congigure something, please? thanks On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 17:33:23 +0200, ijones@jejejeje.it declaimed the following in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows: > Hi friend, > when I receive email and if there are accents on the words I get many > many errors. I mean words with � � �, ect. Eudora doesnt read fine > those waords. Do I have congigure something, please? > thanks Eudora doesn't use Unico...

Matlab 7.0 R14 problem in Windows 7 64-bit
Hi all, Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Matlab 7.0 R14 installed fine on Windows 7 64-bit, but when I start Matlab it opens, but then closes down after 1 second or so. My processor is Phenom II X6 X1055T 2.8 GHz. Thx for Ur help if U know, Kaare "Kaare " <kaare.simonsen@hsbcib.com> wrote in message news:i1hemf$e77$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Matlab 7.0 R14 installed fine > on Windows 7 64-bit, but when I start Matlab it opens, but then closes > down after 1 second or so. My processor...

[VW 5i4,7.0,7.1; Win2k] Problems with printing
Hi, I have to print out a polyline within a graphic using a host printer. The polyline is quite straight, that means a line from the first point to the last point includes all other points. The coordinates of the points in the Collection are Double values - not Integers. These points are equidistant - e.g. #( 0.0@0.0 1.5@1.5 3.0@3.0 4.5@4.5 6.0@6.0 7.5@7.5). Displaying the polyline on my screen causes a kind of dithering of the line because the points are rounded to integer pixel values. That's not a problem for my customer. But when I print them out (using HostPrinter...

Problems after upgrade postgresql 7.2.1 -> 7.34
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C361A1.63F4C380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-4" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I upgraded postgresql 7.2.1 in to 7.3.4 New postgresql works fine. But after upgrade, zope can't connect to the postgresql. Zope uses "Z PoPy DataBase Adaptor" Zope shows error: "Invalid connection string". Maybe somebody knows - what is the problem ? Thanks [AU] ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C361A1.63F4C380 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

data format problem for upgrede from 7.1->7.3
Hi: I just upgraded from 7.1->7.3, but did not take a data back up. Now when i try to start the posrGreSQL server I get the message: An old version of the database format was found.\nYou need to upgrade the data format before using PostgreSQL.\nSee (Your System's documentation directory)/postgresql-7.3/README.rpm-dist for more information. There is not much info on format change in the Docs. Any idea what might be the resolution here? Thanks, Gautam ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 5: Have you checked our extensi...

Re: Migrating 7.1.3 to 7.3.4 problem
Hi, I should think there will be no other way but to follow this procedure: Backup your /var/lib/pgsql directory Reinstall 7.1.3 (either rpm oder install from source) Copy your backed up /var/lib/pgsql_bak directory into the new /var/lib/pgsql directory created during installation Fire up the postmaster Dump everything Shutdown postmaster Move /var/lib/psql and /opt/pgsql (or whereever your PostgreSQL-binaries reside) out of the way Install 7.3.4 (why not 7.4.1?) from source or rpm Fire up the postmaster Restore your dumps. I don't think there's a way to directly im...

performance problem aftrer update from 7.1 to 7.4.2
Hello everyone, i just upgraded my old postgres-database from version 7.1 to 7.4.2. i dumped out my 7.1 database (with pg_dump from 7.1) as an sql-file with copy-commands and to one file using insert-statements. after initalizing and starting postgres 7.4 on a different port and datadirectory, i tried to import the sql-dump with the copy statements. this import fails, but importing the dump-file with inserts took a long time but was successfully. ok, at first i do a vacuum and analyze and fire up the database again. now i changed my php-scripts to use the new database as dataso...

Problem with VueScan 7.6.74, large problem!
I'm using an Epson 1650 Photo scanner for the time being. With Epson Twain I was scanning away negatives but results are mediocre. Thought I would try Vuescan Pro 7.6.74. I put a four frame negative in the film holder which is the leader film plus two actual photos. Vuescan will only scan the blank area and bring up a solid red image !! I've changed setting after setting and RTFM and don't get it. Epson twain picked out the actual negatives, no problem. what is going on? thanks a lot !! -- It's me, it's me, it's Ernest T ! http://www.ernestt.co...