Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.

Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first
day I have problem with Eudora 7.1.
My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again
regularly.
Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download.
Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again.
Always the same problem.
Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on
registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same
problems.
Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8?
I want to cry!!!! Help me please.
Thanks a lot.

PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with
old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem?
2
AroundTheWorld
1/1/2010 10:52:59 PM
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10474 articles. 2 followers. bob234 (1) is leader. Post Follow

AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld@DELETEinterfree.it> wrote in

> Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first
> day I have problem with Eudora 7.1.
> My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
> I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
> stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again
> regularly.
> Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download.
> Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again.
> Always the same problem.
> Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on
> registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same
> problems.
> Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8?
> I want to cry!!!! Help me please.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with
> old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem?

Eudora has a bit of a problem when it ownloads mail from an ISP that
requires SSL <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSL>.  This is because Eudora
and the ISP have to agree that the connection they have made is indeed
secure.  It requires a bit of time for this "handshake" to be completed.
This extra time is only needed the first time after Eudora starts up.  At
the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is fast.
It may annoy you the first time but taking a deep breath is the best you
can do.

In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth of
your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads under
Tools|Options|Threading.  This may require the esoteric.epi file to be
copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail directory.  (I
have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem still happens to
some extent).

--
Best regards
Han
>At the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is fast.
>It may annoy you the first time

You are right perfectly

>In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth of
>your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads under
>Tools|Options|Threading.  This may require the esoteric.epi file to be
>copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail directory.  (I
>have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem still happens to
>some extent).

I have copied esoteric.epi file from extra stuff subdirectory at
Eudora folder to the folder where there are mailboxes.
On Tools|Options|Threading I have read 10 for default. Have I to
change it? I have just tried with  5 but I have always these problem.
I don't understand if it is better to put a high number or the
contrary.
Thanks for your news.
0
AroundTheWorld
1/2/2010 1:03:43 PM

>>At the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is
>>fast.  It may annoy you the first time
>
> You are right perfectly
>
>>In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth
>>of your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads
>>under Tools|Options|Threading.  This may require the esoteric.epi file
>>to be copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail
>>directory.  (I have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem
>>still happens to some extent).
>
> I have copied esoteric.epi file from extra stuff subdirectory at
> Eudora folder to the folder where there are mailboxes.
> On Tools|Options|Threading I have read 10 for default. Have I to
> change it? I have just tried with  5 but I have always these problem.
> I don't understand if it is better to put a high number or the
> contrary.
> Thanks for your news.

I don't know whether a higher or lower number is better.  It depends on
your connection to the internet.  If you get many times the error message
that the connection has timed out, I would reduce the nmber of threads.

But I think that you just have to get used to the initial delay.  It's a
bit of a bother, but I usually let Eudora just run.  In fact I have set
the program to NOT check mail unless I click on the get mail button, or
use the equivalent keystroke [Ctrl-M].

Hope this helps!
Arriverdeci!
--
Best regards
Han
>In fact I have set
>the program to NOT check mail unless I click on the get mail button, or
>use the equivalent keystroke [Ctrl-M].

I'm sorry but I don't remember how I have set
the program to NOT check mail. Where have I to delete the flag?
Thanks a lot
0
AroundTheWorld
1/2/2010 2:47:23 PM
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:52:59 -0600:

> Three days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7
> and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1

Thank you.  I am not going to replace XP (the best Windows yet made)
until they pry it out of my cold dead body's hands :)

Although not directly related to the explicit issue you mention,
it is good to check "Help" > "About Eudora"
and make sure that the "Data:" path (for all mail and settings)
is NOT contained within the system "program files" folder,
where, unless the security features are deliberately disabled,
Vista and Windows 7 do not permit applications to write or update anythi=
ng
(i.e. your mail and settings will never get updated,
so they should never be stored there).

> My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
> I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
> stuck on 3rd account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regul=
arly.

Does that account's incoming server use SSL?

Does "stuck, and then it goes again regularly"
mean that after launching Eudora,
only the very first "check mail" is delayed
(or its remote server may even time out and disconnect),
but then "check mail" is never again delayed,
so long as Eudora remains running?

This does not cause any data loss, even if the remote server
is impatient and disconnects -- there is only one pause,
only once after Eudora is first launched,
then never again as long as Eudora is running.

For more (and possibly surprising) info about this, see:
http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=3D14440

-- =
0
John
1/2/2010 11:13:01 PM
>Does that account's incoming server use SSL?

I'm sorry if I am not expert. Where can I verify if my Eudora uses SSL
server?

>Does "stuck, and then it goes again regularly"
>mean that after launching Eudora,
>only the very first "check mail" is delayed
>(or its remote server may even time out and disconnect),
>but then "check mail" is never again delayed,
>so long as Eudora remains running?

Sure, it is so ok. You are right.

>This does not cause any data loss, even if the remote server
>is impatient and disconnects -- there is only one pause,
>only once after Eudora is first launched,
>then never again as long as Eudora is running.

Yes you are right.

>For more (and possibly surprising) info about this, see:
>http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=14440

Now I am enough happy. I have just followed your suggestion about this
link and I have chosen Win 95 compatibility. Now Eudora works fine but
....... now I have a little and different problem. I see Eudora with a
different colour but especially the Windows 7 taskbar (on the bottom)
is no longer transparent but it has become heavenly. I have this
problem when Eudora is opened. If I shut down Eudora everithing is
normal.

Thanks for your suggestions.
0
AroundTheWorld
1/3/2010 12:04:55 AM
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 18:04:55 -0600

> Where can I verify if Eudora uses SSL

It's the servers you specify in Eudora for your accounts,
which may or may not use SSL,
according to what each server operator tells you
(they don't all tell me :)

For each server, there is one of the following choices:

Secure Sockets (SSL) when Receiving (for incoming servers)

Secure Sockets (SSL) when Sending (for outgoing servers)

You have made those choices yourself
(hopefully according to instructions you got from server operators :)

> I have just followed your suggestion about this link...
> and I have chosen Win 95 compatibility. Now Eudora works fine but...

As the Qualcomm forum post suggested,
setting Eudora's "compatibility mode" to a very old version of Windows
may have some other effect, besides just on SSL negotiation.

Windows 7 (and Vista) may even have to suspend some of its own display features,
it would appear, to accommodate such modes in any application that is running.

Apparently you can have "either, or" but not everything you want, all at the same time.

Like some other aspects of life :)

Best wishes and happy new year.

John

pass an object to a new window
On IE there is a way to open a window from one page and pass an object to it, when you use showModalDialog. Is there a way to do the same on NS/Mozilla/FireFox? On IE: window.showModalDialog(URL, FreeArgument, Ornaments); FreeArgument. You can use this optional parameter to pass a value of any type to the open dialog box. You can pass a scalar, a string, an array of values, an object, etc. You access this value in the new window by referring to the dialogArguments property of the new window object. Thanks In article <75467213.0502161408.325465ce@posting.google.com>, mitch.tzonev@sr...

PRTG Network Monitor 7.3.5.5746
On behalf of Paessler AG, SoftwarePromotions are delighted to announce the release and immediate availability of PRTG Network Monitor version 7.3.5.5746 - a network monitor featuring advanced data acquisition and detailed reporting. PRTG Network Monitor is the powerful network monitoring solution from Paessler AG. It ensures the availability of network components while also measuring traffic and usage. It saves costs by avoiding outages, optimizing connections, saving time and controlling service level agreements (SLAs). Businesses increasingly rely on their networks to move data,...

Calling data windows from data windows?
Hi to all! Please, let me clear out some basic things about calling windows: - a DataWindow, named BrowseDates i have a button with a method for calling a DataDialog, named AddingAccounts, which looks like: METHOD DNewAccountButton() CLASS BrowseDates LOCAL oAddingAccounts AS AddingAccounts oAddingAccounts := AddingAccounts{} oAddingAccounts:Setup(SELF:Server:TableDate) oAddingAccounts:Show() SELF:Owner:AddChildWindow( oAddingAccounts ) RETURN SELF - This far, everything is ok, and a new windows shows up. But, on a dataDialog I have a button for calling another dataWindow, c...

partial expect for windows
I understand that the main problem with new versions os expect for windows is with the spawn command. Has anyone got working code (eg tcl source) that implmements expect in newer tcl versions on windows WITHOUT spawn (ie using an already open channel, such as a serial port)? thanks ...

Will 6.1-RELEASE Be Available as a single DVD image?
Will 6.1-RELEASE Be Available as a single DVD image, as well as 2 CD-ROM images? jonathansizz wrote: > Will 6.1-RELEASE Be Available as a single DVD image, as well as 2 > CD-ROM images? The first CD is all I ever use. No need for CD2 and especially no need for a stinking DVD. jonathansizz schrieb: > Will 6.1-RELEASE Be Available as a single DVD image, as well as 2 > CD-ROM images? > Create your own one if you need it. FreeBSD != Debian SCNR Philipp On 2006-03-24, jonathansizz <iangibson@sacbeemail.com> wrote: > Will 6.1-RELEASE Be Availa...

OT: Delivery problems to wx-dev@lists.wxwidgets.org
Since this morning I have delivery problems when sending a message to wx-dev@lists.wxwidgets.org. Has anything be changed? O. Wyss -- See a huge pile of work at " http://wyodesktop.sourceforge.net/" Otto Wyss wrote: > Since this morning I have delivery problems when sending a message to > wx-dev@lists.wxwidgets.org. Has anything be changed? > Not that I know of. What problems are you having? -- Robin Dunn Software Craftsman http://wxPython.org Java give you jitters? Relax with wxPython! --------------------------------------------------------...

Re: Win-OS/2 with W32S vv. 1.25 or 1.30; reference please
NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:31:42 -0600 From: "Mark Dodel" <madodelNOSPAM@ptd.net> Organization: VOICE - http://www.os2voice.org Message-ID: <cLdq6jdb1N4Q-pn2-d2ybxtOt48cy@localhost> Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.apps Subject: Re: Win-OS/2 with W32S vv. 1.25 or 1.30; reference please. snip >See Jeffrey Race's article on "Installing a hybrid WIN32S 1.25/1.30 >xtension in WinOS/2 on OS/2 Warp 4" >http://www.os2voice.org/vnl/past_issues/VNL0503H/vnewsf3.htm Out of interest, what has happened to Judy's Warped World? Cheers, Tom ...

=?windows-1252?Q?www=2Eelectronics=2Dmac=2Dsony=2Ecom_Toshiba_Satellite_A215=2D?= =?windows-1252?Q?S6804_15=2E4=22_Laptop_=28AMD_Turion_64_X_2_Dual_Core_TL=2D60_Process?= =?windows-1252?Q?or=2C_
http://www.electronics-mac-sony.com Contact us : 7*24 hour On-line service: MSN/Email:electronics-2008-china@hotmail.com Our website:http://www.electronics-mac-sony.com/goods.php?id=3D712 Product Features and Technical Details Product Features * Bright 15.4-inch LCD stylishly accented with an onyx blue metallic LCD cover and integrated Webcam * 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 processor, 250 GB hard drive, 2 GB RAM (4 GB max), dual-layer DVD writer with LabelFlash printing * 54g Atheros Wi-Fi (802.11b/g); 10/100 Ethernet; ATI Radeon X1200 graphics card with up to 319 MB of shared m...

trigger problem with PCI-6024E
We are trying to design a triggering VI to generate Firstal, we are using Labview 7.1.A&nbsp; pulse which is used to trigger the EMCCD, so that we can collect data sychronizedly, the problem is that the VI worked well ,but when we put it back into our program, it showed error, and even ran it again alone, ti showed the same error,The VI is built using functions---Input------DAQ Assist, in the interface we chose PCI-6024E and generate dignals, then chose Counter ouput , pulse Out put, as shown in picture 2,.So could you lease help us to redesign the VI? down.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/atta...

USENIX '08 Call For Papers Submissions Deadline: January 7, 2008
--------------------------------------- Call for Papers 2008 USENIX Annual Technical Conference June 22-27, 2008, Boston, MA Paper Submissions Deadline: January 7, 2008, 11:59 p.m. PST http://www.usenix.org/usenix08/cfpb/ --------------------------------------- Dear Colleague, On behalf of the 2008 USENIX Annual Technical Conference program committee, we request your ideas, proposals, and papers for tutorials, refereed papers, and posters. Authors are invited to submit original and innovative papers to the Refereed Papers Track of the 2008 USENIX Annual Technical Conference. ...

Mobile Me / Windows Live
I am not a Windows type of guy and have always hated Hotmail but things seem to be changing with Windows Live: - POP3 access on free account - Nnlimited email storage - Sky Drive with 25 gig of storage free Seems to be something of a threat to Mobile Me. I wonder how apple will respond? In article <0001HW.C5C02DCE0002520CB01AD9AF@europe.newsdemon.com>, Skipper <mail@xxx.co.uk> wrote: > I am not a Windows type of guy and have always hated Hotmail but things seem > to be changing with Windows Live: > - POP3 access on free account > - Nnlimited email storage > -...

about Solving DDE Problems
function lsf % Solve the problem using ode45 [t,y]=ode45(@f,[0,30],[0.7;0.3 ]); plot(t,y); % ------------------------------- function dydt = f(t,y) dydt = [ y(1)*(1+0.25*sin(t)-y(1))+0.5*(y(2)-y(1)) y(2)*(0.25*sin(t)-0.25-y(2))+0.5*(y(2)-y(1)) ]; anybody could tell me what's wrong,the graphics is not the same what i want to get, i think i must lose some other important things,it's very boring me, think u ! ...

Windows XP and Singlelineedits with background
VO 2806 (and also VO 2.5 with XP-Additions) When the XP-Style is enabled and I am using singlelineedits with a background the border is not displayed correctly. When hovering with the mouse over the control the sle is displayed correctly or when disabling/controle the control after setting the background. Does some has an idea what to change apart from calling disable/enable after setting the background? Arne Ortlinghaus ACS Data Systems 2806! Is this the long awaited 30 April release?????? Sorry but can you please retype your message? I am not completely sure ...

window-handlers on windows
hi (this is my first post to this ng; so if it is the wrong ng, please direct me to the one i need...) my problem not necessarily bound to C++ (but could also be C), but since my application is in C++, i post it here. i want to draw from application A into a window that has been created by an application B (in my case: i want to render an openGL-scene into a a browser-window) under linux i can get a handle of type "Window" from the Xserver, into which i can draw (assumed that i have permissions) under windows the only such handle i have found is HWND, which is a pointer to a ...

Compile problem when using XRC (wxGTK)
When I try to compile my program, since I have wxGTK 2.4.2 I get these errors on compile: mIMEMainWin.cpp:16:82: pasting "LL" and "L"menu_server_connect"" does not give a valid preprocessing token mIMEMainWin.cpp:16: error: `LL' was not declared in this scope mIMEMainWin.cpp:16: error: parse error before string constant mIMEMainWin.cpp:16: error: parse error before `)' token mIMEMainWin.cpp:17:76: pasting "LL" and "L"menu_server_quit"" does not give a valid preprocessing token mIMEMainWin.cpp:17: error: `LL' ...

Showing all tooltips in a window
It would be a nice affect for beginners or demos that the tooltips of all controls in a window are displayed (or maybe one after another). Is there a possibility to do this? Arne Ortlinghaus ACS Data Systems Arne, Actually no, I don't think so. Tool tips are invariably too short and controls too close together for something like this. And it would be seen as a gimmick and most would want to turn it off very quickly. I think the best thing to do is produce a well documented (including image shots with annotations) help manual and link it in solidly to your windo...

JGoodies Validation : problem with the presentation model
Hi, I have a problem using the presentation model of JGoodies Validation frameworks. Here is the situation. I use a bufferedPresentationModel like in album manager tutorial in an editor view. I would like to validate my bean just before commit my changes. The javadoc indicates that the method getBean() returns the modified bean (the buffered one) before the changes were applied on the bean. But the getBean() method return the original bean wihtout any changes. Do I make something wrong ? Is there any other way to retrieve the bean with changes before the commit ? the method getBufferedModel(...

Windows 2000 over Windows ME install?
Greetings, I have a computer which has Windows ME currently installed on it. I have a license of Windows 2000 sitting around doing nothing, and I'd like to install the Win2k over ontop of the WinME. Will I have to wipe out the WinME completely and start from scratch on the Win2k install, or can I safely install the Win2k over the top of WinME? Thanks in advance, -Geoff I think Win2k can be upgraded only from WinNT. You will have to do a clean install. Geoff Cashman wrote: > > Greetings, > > I have a computer which has Windows ME currently instal...

REQEST : CRYSTAL REPORT 7.0 #2

Remote printing OS to Windows interface
Hi, I've just installed a remote printer in OS507 - the printer is on a Windows box, and unix can lp to it OK. There doesn't seem to be an interface file in /var/spool/lp/admins/lp/interfaces for this printer. Is it somewhere different or do we get no control over the print job this way? Relevant info - I had to uninstall cups before installing remote printing, and I haven't reinstalled. I've never used cups before - will it help? - I use a simple tailored interface file which among other things sends some pcl to the laser to change the font. thanks in advance -Rob robat...

Updating to 10.7.....
I know I know, I'm late to the game here but have the issues with updating from 10.6.8 been resolved (what ever those were)? I have a 2.1HGz Intel Core Duo MacBook running 10.6.8 and I think it's time to make the move. Main applications of concern are: Office 2011,Thoth 1.9.0.19, both purchased, Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 3.0.3054 and Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac 2.1.1 (build 110309). Everything else should work ok (at least I hope so). -- Deja Moo: I've seen this bullshit before. My address has been anti-spammed. Please respond to: scasse@inval...

[ADMIN] comp.os.linux.announce report for Mon Feb 1 00:05:03 CST 2010
Subject: comp.os.linux.announce report for Mon Feb 1 00:05:03 CST 2010 Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce Date: Mon Feb 1 00:05:03 CST 2010 This is an automated report about activity of our newsgroup comp.os.linux.announce. It covers period between the previous report and the current one, ending on Mon Feb 1 00:05:03 CST 2010. Note that we do not report the number of articles cancelled after they got approved, because the cancellations are done manually. Typically messages get cancelled by requests of posters themselves. Lastly, the statistics below are skewed towards highe...

Test
This is supposed to be a long line thus, if you have chosen not to ignore this post or have all posts printed, my apologies. I will try to keep it as short as possible, however, the line must be long enough to wrap. ...

=?windows-1252?Q?Special_Track_=93Computational_Bioimaging_and_Visual?= =?windows-1252?Q?ization=94_within_the_ISVC08_USA_=2D_Announce_=26_Call_for_Papers?=
----------------------------------------------------------------------------= ------------------------------------------------------------- (Apologies for cross-posting) Special Track =93Computational Bioimaging and Visualization=94 International Symposium on Visual Computing (ISVC08) Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, December 1-3, 2008 http://www.isvc.net We would appreciate if you could distribute this information by your colleagues and co-workers. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------= ------------------------------------------------------------- Dear Colle...

gawk v3.1.4 parser crash on VMS
I've created a short do-nothing AWK script that causes gawk 3.1.4 on my VMS system to run out of memory, while gawk V3.1.1 doesn't show this problem. The stack dump looks a little like this (reformatted for brevity): MSG r_fatal AWKGRAM get_src_buf AWKGRAM next_c AWKGRAM yylex AWKGRAM yyparse GAWK main GAWK __main I'd guess the cause may lay in AWKGRAM.C but don't know enough about gawk internals (or yacc/bison/whatever) to figure out exactly what it is. Originally this was a real script that appeared to make gawk hang up. I started paring it down and minim...