Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first
day I have problem with Eudora 7.1.
My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again
regularly.
Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download.
Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again.
Always the same problem.
Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on
registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same
problems.
Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8?
I want to cry!!!! Help me please.
Thanks a lot.

PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with
old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem?
2
Reply AroundTheWorld 1/1/2010 10:52:59 PM

See related articles to this posting

AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld@DELETEinterfree.it> wrote in

> Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first
> day I have problem with Eudora 7.1.
> My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
> I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
> stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again
> regularly.
> Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download.
> Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again.
> Always the same problem.
> Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on
> registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same
> problems.
> Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8?
> I want to cry!!!! Help me please.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with
> old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem?

Eudora has a bit of a problem when it ownloads mail from an ISP that
requires SSL <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSL>.  This is because Eudora
and the ISP have to agree that the connection they have made is indeed
secure.  It requires a bit of time for this "handshake" to be completed.
This extra time is only needed the first time after Eudora starts up.  At
the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is fast.
It may annoy you the first time but taking a deep breath is the best you
can do.

In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth of
your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads under
Tools|Options|Threading.  This may require the esoteric.epi file to be
copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail directory.  (I
have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem still happens to
some extent).

--
Best regards
Han

>At the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is fast.
>It may annoy you the first time

You are right perfectly

>In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth of
>your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads under
>Tools|Options|Threading.  This may require the esoteric.epi file to be
>copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail directory.  (I
>have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem still happens to
>some extent).

I have copied esoteric.epi file from extra stuff subdirectory at
Eudora folder to the folder where there are mailboxes.
On Tools|Options|Threading I have read 10 for default. Have I to
change it? I have just tried with  5 but I have always these problem.
I don't understand if it is better to put a high number or the
contrary.
Thanks for your news.
0
Reply AroundTheWorld 1/2/2010 1:03:43 PM

>>At the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is
>>fast.  It may annoy you the first time
>
> You are right perfectly
>
>>In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth
>>of your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads
>>under Tools|Options|Threading.  This may require the esoteric.epi file
>>to be copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail
>>directory.  (I have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem
>>still happens to some extent).
>
> I have copied esoteric.epi file from extra stuff subdirectory at
> Eudora folder to the folder where there are mailboxes.
> On Tools|Options|Threading I have read 10 for default. Have I to
> change it? I have just tried with  5 but I have always these problem.
> I don't understand if it is better to put a high number or the
> contrary.
> Thanks for your news.

I don't know whether a higher or lower number is better.  It depends on
your connection to the internet.  If you get many times the error message
that the connection has timed out, I would reduce the nmber of threads.

But I think that you just have to get used to the initial delay.  It's a
bit of a bother, but I usually let Eudora just run.  In fact I have set
the program to NOT check mail unless I click on the get mail button, or
use the equivalent keystroke [Ctrl-M].

Hope this helps!
Arriverdeci!
--
Best regards
Han

>In fact I have set
>the program to NOT check mail unless I click on the get mail button, or
>use the equivalent keystroke [Ctrl-M].

I'm sorry but I don't remember how I have set
the program to NOT check mail. Where have I to delete the flag?
Thanks a lot
0
Reply AroundTheWorld 1/2/2010 2:47:23 PM

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:52:59 -0600:

> Three days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7
> and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1

Thank you.  I am not going to replace XP (the best Windows yet made)
until they pry it out of my cold dead body's hands :)

Although not directly related to the explicit issue you mention,
it is good to check "Help" > "About Eudora"
and make sure that the "Data:" path (for all mail and settings)
is NOT contained within the system "program files" folder,
where, unless the security features are deliberately disabled,
Vista and Windows 7 do not permit applications to write or update anythi=
ng
(i.e. your mail and settings will never get updated,
so they should never be stored there).

> My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
> I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
> stuck on 3rd account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regul=
arly.

Does that account's incoming server use SSL?

Does "stuck, and then it goes again regularly"
mean that after launching Eudora,
only the very first "check mail" is delayed
(or its remote server may even time out and disconnect),
but then "check mail" is never again delayed,
so long as Eudora remains running?

This does not cause any data loss, even if the remote server
is impatient and disconnects -- there is only one pause,
only once after Eudora is first launched,
then never again as long as Eudora is running.

For more (and possibly surprising) info about this, see:
http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=3D14440

-- =
0
Reply John 1/2/2010 11:13:01 PM

>Does that account's incoming server use SSL?

I'm sorry if I am not expert. Where can I verify if my Eudora uses SSL
server?

>Does "stuck, and then it goes again regularly"
>mean that after launching Eudora,
>only the very first "check mail" is delayed
>(or its remote server may even time out and disconnect),
>but then "check mail" is never again delayed,
>so long as Eudora remains running?

Sure, it is so ok. You are right.

>This does not cause any data loss, even if the remote server
>is impatient and disconnects -- there is only one pause,
>only once after Eudora is first launched,
>then never again as long as Eudora is running.

Yes you are right.

>For more (and possibly surprising) info about this, see:
>http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=14440

Now I am enough happy. I have just followed your suggestion about this
link and I have chosen Win 95 compatibility. Now Eudora works fine but
....... now I have a little and different problem. I see Eudora with a
different colour but especially the Windows 7 taskbar (on the bottom)
is no longer transparent but it has become heavenly. I have this
problem when Eudora is opened. If I shut down Eudora everithing is
normal.

Thanks for your suggestions.
0
Reply AroundTheWorld 1/3/2010 12:04:55 AM

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 18:04:55 -0600

> Where can I verify if Eudora uses SSL

It's the servers you specify in Eudora for your accounts,
which may or may not use SSL,
according to what each server operator tells you
(they don't all tell me :)

For each server, there is one of the following choices:

Secure Sockets (SSL) when Receiving (for incoming servers)

Secure Sockets (SSL) when Sending (for outgoing servers)

You have made those choices yourself
(hopefully according to instructions you got from server operators :)

> I have just followed your suggestion about this link...
> and I have chosen Win 95 compatibility. Now Eudora works fine but...

As the Qualcomm forum post suggested,
setting Eudora's "compatibility mode" to a very old version of Windows
may have some other effect, besides just on SSL negotiation.

Windows 7 (and Vista) may even have to suspend some of its own display features,
it would appear, to accommodate such modes in any application that is running.

Apparently you can have "either, or" but not everything you want, all at the same time.

Like some other aspects of life :)

Best wishes and happy new year.

Reply John 1/3/2010 1:35:50 AM
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10371 articles. 4 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Problems With In, Out, Trash, Junk mailboxes moving Eudora 7.1 Paid from Windows 7 Ultra to Windows 8 Home
I used the Eudora setup file to set it up on the new computer. Then I copie= d over all of the files from my program directory on my Win 7 Ultimate to m= y Win 8 computer. When I start Eudora everything is there ( many, many mail= boxes, personalities, signatures, etc. except the In, Out, Junk and Trash f= iles are empty. I used this procedure for moving Eudora whenever I upgraded= computers. It has always worked before. All of my mailboxes are in the Eu= dora folder. Can anyone help me with this? On Monday, April 29, 2013 8:05:53 PM UTC-7, mortr...@gmail.com wrote: > I used the ...

Eudora 7.1 and Win 7 x 64: problem on cheking. help!
Hi, I have formatted my hard drive and after installing Eudora 7.1, Eudora doesn't works fine. It doesn't chek emails. I am able to send email but I don't receive them. I have disabled Avira and I have unistalle Edurora some times and installed it. In your opinon what is my problem? Thanks ijones@jejejeje.it wrote in news:26ras69eah5lbqnnkpac2bkdv3ectphfgs@ 4ax.com: > Hi, I have formatted my hard drive and after installing Eudora 7.1, > Eudora doesn't works fine. It doesn't chek emails. I am able to send > email but I don't receive them. > I h...

Linux, ISE 7.1, problems, problems, problems ....
ok, ok we've beaten this subject to death already .... I just had this really radical and crazy idea: XILINX, how about a BETA program ? I mean one before you burn the CDs and make a product announcement and we are stuck with a useless plastic disc. If I look at all the issues that people are having with 7.1, they are all so trivial and easy to to solve (include a few libs, distribute a statically linked setup program, etc.). I'm sure a few of us with subscription would volunteer to test drive a pre-release version of your s/w. - I know I would. Wouldn't that be much nicer t...

Problems compiling phtread-win32 2.7.0 under Windows XP SP2 using MSVC++ 7.1
I everybody, I spent some time trying to compile the last 'pthread-win32 2.7.0' (from 'http://sourceware.org/pthreads-win32') release and I met the following problems. (At the end the my post, you will find the nmake log lines) 1/ First, the compilation of "private.c" generates four C4297 warnings. After looking at MSVC71 options in the MSDN, I read this : "The /EHc option requires that /EHs, /EHa, or /GX is specified. It tells the compiler to assume that extern C functions never throw an exception." Looking at the code, I noticed that ...

Migrating from Eudora 7.1.0.9 to Eudora OSE
I've been running Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows 7 64-bit systems for a couple o= f years now. It took me a while to work out that it worked better if I installed it at= =20 C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora but once I'd worked that out it worked fine. Sadly, I've had to change my information provider, and Eudora couldn't pick= up e-mail from the new information provider. I tried installing Thunderbird, but it wouldn't import my mail folders (whi= ch are big and complicated) even after I'd cleaned them up with Eudora Resc= ue. Eudora 7.1.0.9 reads ...

problem with windows me & wmp 7.1
i've upgrade from win 98 to windows me, and everytime i use windows media player 7.1, i got error messages & my system would freezes, i tried to remove wmp 7.1 but when i open add/remove, to my surprise it wasn't listed there so i don't knew what to do, i'm not an expert any one knew what should i do > i've upgrade from win 98 to windows me, and everytime i use > windows media player 7.1, i got error messages & my system > would freezes, i tried to remove wmp 7.1 but when i open > add/remove, to my surprise it wasn't listed T...

Window closing problem in Netscape 7.1
I have facing the problem of window closing in Netscape 7.1 I have a window (simple window) and a button , on clicking the button i want to close the window. I have written the closeWindow() function on onClick event of button. Its work fine in IE. How to solve the issue ? Is there in any alternate way to close the window in Netscape 7.1 ? function CloseWindow() { if (window.name != "") window.name = ""; window.close(); } Regards Asit wrote: > I have facing the problem of window closing in Netscape 7.1 > > I have a window (...

Eudora 7.1: I get problems with accents
Hi friend, when I receive email and if there are accents on the words I get many many errors. I mean words with � � �, ect. Eudora doesnt read fine those waords. Do I have congigure something, please? thanks On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 17:33:23 +0200, ijones@jejejeje.it declaimed the following in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows: > Hi friend, > when I receive email and if there are accents on the words I get many > many errors. I mean words with � � �, ect. Eudora doesnt read fine > those waords. Do I have congigure something, please? > thanks Eudora doesn't use Unico...

Eudora (7.0.1.0) Incredimail Problem
Got an email from an IncrediMail user. Whole thing is white text on a red background (ugh!). If I 'reply' or 'forward' or 'redirect', Eudora puts the white text on a white background... The text is there but invisible. Is there a way round this? Thanks, Tom On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:17:47 +0200, tom_nospam_ba@pobox.com wrote: >Got an email from an IncrediMail user. Whole thing is white text on a >red background (ugh!). >If I 'reply' or 'forward' or 'redirect', Eudora puts the white text on >a white background... The text is...

Vista and Eudora 7.1 address book problem
after installing Vista upgrade my address book will now only allow me to click two names by holding down the ctrl key. If i click another name one checked address will drop off. I can however use the shift key and scroll through all names and then unselect names in adress book but this way its limited to holding about six names before it drops off all remaining names. In this manner it takes a long time to send an email to sixty or so of the 100 I have in my address book. Anybody got any ideas to allow me back to the old days where I could use ctrl key and get as many names in a...

Eudora 7.1 and Gmail.: SSL problem. help!
Hi, I use Eudora with two PC and with one PC I have nor problems but with second PC I get problems. I get problem with gmail email. When I chen message Eudora open a page with these writings: The Server's SSL certificate was rejected for the following reason: One certificate in the server cert chain has Expired. Do you want to trust this certificate in future sessions? Certificate: Data: Version: 3 (0x2) Serial Number: 903804111 (0x35def4cf) Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSAEncryption Issuer: C=US, O=Equifax, OU=Equifax Secure Certificate A...

Re: problem with windows me & wmp 7.1
Install DirectX 9 from microsoft web site and install new updated video = driver. Joseph -----Original Message----- From: Thomas Anderson [mailto:neo_80a@hotmail.com] Posted At: Friday, August 01, 2003 5:17 PM Posted To: misc Conversation: problem with windows me & wmp 7.1 Subject: problem with windows me & wmp 7.1 i've upgrade from win 98 to windows me, and everytime i use=20 windows media player 7.1, i got error messages & my system would freezes, i tried to remove wmp 7.1 but when i open=20 add/remove, to my surprise it wasn't listed there so i d...

Filter problem
Using Eudora 7.1.0.9 in free mode. I am having problems when using or accessing the filters. Eudora is closing by itself. A message appears that begins: An unhandled error............. but it is only on the screen long enough for me to read that much. Then, another message stays on the screen which just tells me: Eudora Has Stopped Working........... Then, I have to reload Eudora to get it working again. I reinstalled Eudora on top of the current version - but the same problem happens. No help from Google. Can anyone help? ...

Problems with detecting Windows Shutdown in LV 7.1/8.2
I am trying to intercept a windows shutdown (possibly initiated from a UPS device) to shut down a LV app delicately.&nbsp; I have tried these in both 7.1 and 8.2 on XP. For several reasons (having nothing to do with what I am posting here) I will be using a different method to solve my actual problem, but I wanted to post this info here so the AEs can take a look at it (I posted to Info-Labview and was eventually given that advice).I have a attached a test VI that demonstrates problems I am having with using both the Event structure and a Windows Message Queue library posted here on Devzon...

Problem with eudora 7.0.1.0 paid mode (sending attachement)
Hello, For a few days, i've problem with eudora when i want to send attached files (ll sorts). Eudora is very long to send them even if that's no big files and the most time, it doesn'nt succeed. It's not a problem with my ISP. A ping to my SMTP server is good. The attacjhements are send without problem with thunderbird or oiutlook. The problem doesn't seem coming from my anti viruse. It's the same thing when it's unchecked I'm runing under windows xp media edition I've changed nothing in the general setings of windows or eudora. I've uninst...

Having CRAM-MD5 Authentication problems between Eudora 7.0.1 and Courier MTA
Hello all, I've probably not asked the correct question in my Google searches of this NG, so I apologize for asking something that has probably already been answered. This problem does exist using earlier Eudora versions. 6.1 and 7.0.0.16 specifically. I do not know the Courier MTA version. Our e-mail provider just rebuilt their server after having been shut down by a hacker attack last week. Prior to this all worked OK. Here's an excerpt from my Eudora log. I've fiddled with the IP address and server names to protect the guilty. 2876 16: 0.42 Open 99.9...

Dual boot Problems Red Hat 7.1 & Windows 98
Hello Folks , I have a intel pentium machine with two harddisks , one has win 98 & the other red hat 7.x it used to allow me to dual boot before . Recently i reloaded win 98 and i lost the dual boot option . It only allows me to boot to win 98 . What do i need to do to let me dual boot again . Will i need some thing like boot magic / partition magic ? Thanks in advance -subra Subrahmanyam Arya wrote: > Hello Folks , > > I have a intel pentium machine with two harddisks , one has win 98 & > the other > red hat 7.x it used to allow me to dual boot bef...

Eudora Version 7.0.1.0 Paid Mode(83) Startup Problem
Error Message Could not install Eudora MAPI systeem because MAPI.DLL and/or MAPI.DLL could not be renamed. Version 7.0.1.0 Paid Mode(83) can anyone help please? In article <445ea501$1@news.comindico.com.au>, niloch@hotmail.com says... > Error Message > Could not install Eudora MAPI systeem because MAPI.DLL and/or MAPI.DLL > could not be renamed. > Version 7.0.1.0 Paid Mode(83) > can anyone help please? Try: How many files are on your system named mapi.* and where are they? You *may* need to rename mapi.001 or something to mapi.dll if it ...

Eudora 7.1.0.9 Paid and SSL Problems with AT&T/Yahoo
I keep getting this message below from AT&T Yahoo though I've been a customer for over 3 years and have always used Eudora now I am getting these unsecure messages. Problem is when I go to the AT&T Website they only show examples for Outlook. Using Eudora Help I switched my Secure Sockets setting to "Required STARTTLS" and then it rejects the email saying the server does not have SSL. But when I switch it back to "If Available, STARTTLS" My mail comes in but then I get these constant messages below. I called AT&T tech support they sent it upstai...

Oracle 8.1.7 Client Install Problem On Windows 2000
I'm having a terrible time installing the Oracle 8.1.7 client on my Windows 2000 version 5.0 SP 4 machine. I did a search of this forum and found this: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=8.1.7+client+install+failure&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=fEhI6.27829%24aW5.355302%40dfw-read.news.verio.net&rnum=1 The problem is that this advice assumes that the s'ware exists on a CD. I downloaded mine from technet.oracle.com. There IS no CD. I can make the installer run by adding the -nojit flag. But the Net8 configuration assistant install fails without giving deta...

Upgrade to Win7 64 and problems will not allow me to use Eudora 7.1.0.9
I have attempted to send email on Eudora v7.1.0.9 after I upgraded my OS to Windows 7 x64. Eudora will not send mail and the two common error screens say: "POP Server says, ERR Authentication Failed." (quotes are mine...) often followed by: " Can't send to'' 553 Sorry, Authentication required, but not found." (my quotes) I have been plagued by these messages in the past while using WinXP, but not on a regular basis. Now it's "all the time, every time"...? I'm DEAD. What does one have to do? I have uninstalled Eudo...

"Save Password Problem" in Eudora v.7.1.0.9 Sponsored Version
I have the above version installed on my desktop and running without problems for several years. I have recently acquired a laptop and have installed Eudora on this - the identical version as is running on the desktop with the same Reg No . I have not entered any password on the laptop version. However , each time I try to either send mail and/or check mail on the laptop , Eudora asks for a password. It never does this on the desktop . In TOOLS>OPTIONS>Checking Mail on the desktop , the box "Save Password" is ticked. On the laptop , the box "Save ...

Installed 7.1 on new Dell. Windows shuts down as result of &quot;nixsrk.dll&quot; problem.
I installed LV 7.1 on new Dell with XP.While running the LV application, Windows shuts down to prevent damage to computer as result of "nixsrk.dll" problem. What is the fix? &nbsp; Thanks, Hello, &nbsp; Could you clarify "Running the LV Application".??? Does this happen when you launch LabVIEW ...or a specific VI..?? Have you tried running any Vi..?? &nbsp; Chetan K &nbsp; We can run our labview application which contains many VIs for about 30 minutes&nbsp;before windows indicates the error message and shutsdown. We tried another Dell computer with XP ...

The problem "Can Matlab 6.5.1 (R13) and 7.0 (R14) coexist on Windows?" revisited...
Hello everybody, recently I've come across the same kind of problem that had been discussed here about 2 years ago... I've encountered an error while trying to have both MATLAB R13 and R14 installed on my machine... the machine is used as a server for a couple of MATLAB Web Server applications, which were programmed for use with R13 and as long as R13 was alone on the computer, everything was OK. However, after I installed R14 (to a different directory, of course), the applications started producing errors - more precisely, those parts of them that depend on Simulink... At first I tho...