Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.

Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first
day I have problem with Eudora 7.1.
My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again
regularly.
Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download.
Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again.
Always the same problem.
Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on
registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same
problems.
Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8?
I want to cry!!!! Help me please.
Thanks a lot.

PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with
old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem?
2
AroundTheWorld
1/1/2010 10:52:59 PM
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows 10551 articles. 4 followers. bob234 (1) is leader. Post Follow

AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld@DELETEinterfree.it> wrote in

> Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first
> day I have problem with Eudora 7.1.
> My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
> I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
> stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again
> regularly.
> Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download.
> Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again.
> Always the same problem.
> Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on
> registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same
> problems.
> Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8?
> I want to cry!!!! Help me please.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with
> old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem?

Eudora has a bit of a problem when it ownloads mail from an ISP that
requires SSL <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSL>.  This is because Eudora
and the ISP have to agree that the connection they have made is indeed
secure.  It requires a bit of time for this "handshake" to be completed.
This extra time is only needed the first time after Eudora starts up.  At
the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is fast.
It may annoy you the first time but taking a deep breath is the best you
can do.

In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth of
your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads under
Tools|Options|Threading.  This may require the esoteric.epi file to be
copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail directory.  (I
have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem still happens to
some extent).

--
Best regards
Han
>At the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is fast.
>It may annoy you the first time

You are right perfectly

>In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth of
>your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads under
>Tools|Options|Threading.  This may require the esoteric.epi file to be
>copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail directory.  (I
>have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem still happens to
>some extent).

I have copied esoteric.epi file from extra stuff subdirectory at
Eudora folder to the folder where there are mailboxes.
On Tools|Options|Threading I have read 10 for default. Have I to
change it? I have just tried with  5 but I have always these problem.
I don't understand if it is better to put a high number or the
contrary.
Thanks for your news.
0
AroundTheWorld
1/2/2010 1:03:43 PM

>>At the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is
>>fast.  It may annoy you the first time
>
> You are right perfectly
>
>>In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth
>>of your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads
>>under Tools|Options|Threading.  This may require the esoteric.epi file
>>to be copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail
>>directory.  (I have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem
>>still happens to some extent).
>
> I have copied esoteric.epi file from extra stuff subdirectory at
> Eudora folder to the folder where there are mailboxes.
> On Tools|Options|Threading I have read 10 for default. Have I to
> change it? I have just tried with  5 but I have always these problem.
> I don't understand if it is better to put a high number or the
> contrary.
> Thanks for your news.

I don't know whether a higher or lower number is better.  It depends on
your connection to the internet.  If you get many times the error message
that the connection has timed out, I would reduce the nmber of threads.

But I think that you just have to get used to the initial delay.  It's a
bit of a bother, but I usually let Eudora just run.  In fact I have set
the program to NOT check mail unless I click on the get mail button, or
use the equivalent keystroke [Ctrl-M].

Hope this helps!
Arriverdeci!
--
Best regards
Han
>In fact I have set
>the program to NOT check mail unless I click on the get mail button, or
>use the equivalent keystroke [Ctrl-M].

I'm sorry but I don't remember how I have set
the program to NOT check mail. Where have I to delete the flag?
Thanks a lot
0
AroundTheWorld
1/2/2010 2:47:23 PM
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 16:52:59 -0600:

> Three days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7
> and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1

Thank you.  I am not going to replace XP (the best Windows yet made)
until they pry it out of my cold dead body's hands :)

Although not directly related to the explicit issue you mention,
it is good to check "Help" > "About Eudora"
and make sure that the "Data:" path (for all mail and settings)
is NOT contained within the system "program files" folder,
where, unless the security features are deliberately disabled,
Vista and Windows 7 do not permit applications to write or update anythi=
ng
(i.e. your mail and settings will never get updated,
so they should never be stored there).

> My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
> I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
> stuck on 3rd account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regul=
arly.

Does that account's incoming server use SSL?

Does "stuck, and then it goes again regularly"
mean that after launching Eudora,
only the very first "check mail" is delayed
(or its remote server may even time out and disconnect),
but then "check mail" is never again delayed,
so long as Eudora remains running?

This does not cause any data loss, even if the remote server
is impatient and disconnects -- there is only one pause,
only once after Eudora is first launched,
then never again as long as Eudora is running.

For more (and possibly surprising) info about this, see:
http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=3D14440

-- =
0
John
1/2/2010 11:13:01 PM
>Does that account's incoming server use SSL?

I'm sorry if I am not expert. Where can I verify if my Eudora uses SSL
server?

>Does "stuck, and then it goes again regularly"
>mean that after launching Eudora,
>only the very first "check mail" is delayed
>(or its remote server may even time out and disconnect),
>but then "check mail" is never again delayed,
>so long as Eudora remains running?

Sure, it is so ok. You are right.

>This does not cause any data loss, even if the remote server
>is impatient and disconnects -- there is only one pause,
>only once after Eudora is first launched,
>then never again as long as Eudora is running.

Yes you are right.

>For more (and possibly surprising) info about this, see:
>http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=14440

Now I am enough happy. I have just followed your suggestion about this
link and I have chosen Win 95 compatibility. Now Eudora works fine but
....... now I have a little and different problem. I see Eudora with a
different colour but especially the Windows 7 taskbar (on the bottom)
is no longer transparent but it has become heavenly. I have this
problem when Eudora is opened. If I shut down Eudora everithing is
normal.

Thanks for your suggestions.
0
AroundTheWorld
1/3/2010 12:04:55 AM
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 18:04:55 -0600

> Where can I verify if Eudora uses SSL

It's the servers you specify in Eudora for your accounts,
which may or may not use SSL,
according to what each server operator tells you
(they don't all tell me :)

For each server, there is one of the following choices:

Secure Sockets (SSL) when Receiving (for incoming servers)

Secure Sockets (SSL) when Sending (for outgoing servers)

You have made those choices yourself
(hopefully according to instructions you got from server operators :)

> I have just followed your suggestion about this link...
> and I have chosen Win 95 compatibility. Now Eudora works fine but...

As the Qualcomm forum post suggested,
setting Eudora's "compatibility mode" to a very old version of Windows
may have some other effect, besides just on SSL negotiation.

Windows 7 (and Vista) may even have to suspend some of its own display features,
it would appear, to accommodate such modes in any application that is running.

Apparently you can have "either, or" but not everything you want, all at the same time.

Like some other aspects of life :)

Best wishes and happy new year.

John

Problems With In, Out, Trash, Junk mailboxes moving Eudora 7.1 Paid from Windows 7 Ultra to Windows 8 Home
I used the Eudora setup file to set it up on the new computer. Then I copie= d over all of the files from my program directory on my Win 7 Ultimate to m= y Win 8 computer. When I start Eudora everything is there ( many, many mail= boxes, personalities, signatures, etc. except the In, Out, Junk and Trash f= iles are empty. I used this procedure for moving Eudora whenever I upgraded= computers. It has always worked before. All of my mailboxes are in the Eu= dora folder. Can anyone help me with this? On Monday, April 29, 2013 8:05:53 PM UTC-7, mortr...@gmail.com wrote: > I used the ...

Eudora 7.1: I'm very tired with certificate ERRORS. Always problems.... problems ... problems.help!
Hi, I use Eudora 7.1 and every week I get this cerificate error (rejected): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58542060/Screening/Eudora%202.jpg I have many gmail accunts and every time I have to enter into "Last SSL info" and to click on the "add to trusted" button, click on the appropriate buttons to get out of the properties. I have two PC and I have the same problems with them. Every week I get those problems with all my accounts. Can I solve this problem finally? Otherwise they are forced to replace Eudora with anothe email client. Thanks for some info. O...

Migrating from Eudora 7.1.0.9 to Eudora OSE
I've been running Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows 7 64-bit systems for a couple o= f years now. It took me a while to work out that it worked better if I installed it at= =20 C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora but once I'd worked that out it worked fine. Sadly, I've had to change my information provider, and Eudora couldn't pick= up e-mail from the new information provider. I tried installing Thunderbird, but it wouldn't import my mail folders (whi= ch are big and complicated) even after I'd cleaned them up with Eudora Resc= ue. Eudora 7.1.0.9 reads ...

Linux, ISE 7.1, problems, problems, problems ....
ok, ok we've beaten this subject to death already .... I just had this really radical and crazy idea: XILINX, how about a BETA program ? I mean one before you burn the CDs and make a product announcement and we are stuck with a useless plastic disc. If I look at all the issues that people are having with 7.1, they are all so trivial and easy to to solve (include a few libs, distribute a statically linked setup program, etc.). I'm sure a few of us with subscription would volunteer to test drive a pre-release version of your s/w. - I know I would. Wouldn't that be much nicer t...

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

Eudora 7.1 and Windows 7?
Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7? Thanks On 27 Dec 2009 in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows, wrote: > Hi, do you know if Eudora 7.1 works fine with Windows 7? I run it on Win 7 Enterprise 64 with no problems. Just make sure that the data files are separate from the program files. -- Joe Makowiec http://makowiec.org/ Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/ >Just make sure that >the data files are separate from the program files. What do you mean precisely please? thanks...

Eudora 7.1 and Win 7 x 64: problem on cheking. help!
Hi, I have formatted my hard drive and after installing Eudora 7.1, Eudora doesn't works fine. It doesn't chek emails. I am able to send email but I don't receive them. I have disabled Avira and I have unistalle Edurora some times and installed it. In your opinon what is my problem? Thanks ijones@jejejeje.it wrote in news:26ras69eah5lbqnnkpac2bkdv3ectphfgs@ 4ax.com: > Hi, I have formatted my hard drive and after installing Eudora 7.1, > Eudora doesn't works fine. It doesn't chek emails. I am able to send > email but I don't receive them. > I h...

Problems compiling phtread-win32 2.7.0 under Windows XP SP2 using MSVC++ 7.1
I everybody, I spent some time trying to compile the last 'pthread-win32 2.7.0' (from 'http://sourceware.org/pthreads-win32') release and I met the following problems. (At the end the my post, you will find the nmake log lines) 1/ First, the compilation of "private.c" generates four C4297 warnings. After looking at MSVC71 options in the MSDN, I read this : "The /EHc option requires that /EHs, /EHa, or /GX is specified. It tells the compiler to assume that extern C functions never throw an exception." Looking at the code, I noticed that ...

Eudora 7.1.0.9 on Windows 7
Hello, I just got a new PC with Windows 7. I've read numerous messages about Eudora on Windows 7. I went ahead and installed it. It is functioning. It has downloaded messages from one account. I am looking for the folder with the .mbx and .toc files. According to the info when I launch Eudora, it is supposed to be in the C:/......AppData....folder. But I do not have a folder by that name. Where are my messages going? Is this a hidden folder? Thanks Donna <dhughes@uri.edu> wrote in news:fceef031-7641-451a-87b9-518e2df60c51 @l32g2000prn.googlegroups.com: > Hello, I ...

How stop Eudora 7.1 from starting when Windows 7 starts?
I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts - but can't remember how. I can't find it as an option in the Tools>Options and it's not in the Startup group. Where else might it be? Thanks...... On 8/01/2011 7:54 PM: > I must admit that I originally set Eudora to start when Windows 7 starts > but can't remember how. I can't find it as an option in Tools > Options True, there is no such option. I don't recall any email program having such an option. > and it's not in the Startup group. Where else might it...

problem with windows me & wmp 7.1
i've upgrade from win 98 to windows me, and everytime i use windows media player 7.1, i got error messages & my system would freezes, i tried to remove wmp 7.1 but when i open add/remove, to my surprise it wasn't listed there so i don't knew what to do, i'm not an expert any one knew what should i do > i've upgrade from win 98 to windows me, and everytime i use > windows media player 7.1, i got error messages & my system > would freezes, i tried to remove wmp 7.1 but when i open > add/remove, to my surprise it wasn't listed T...

Window closing problem in Netscape 7.1
I have facing the problem of window closing in Netscape 7.1 I have a window (simple window) and a button , on clicking the button i want to close the window. I have written the closeWindow() function on onClick event of button. Its work fine in IE. How to solve the issue ? Is there in any alternate way to close the window in Netscape 7.1 ? function CloseWindow() { if (window.name != "") window.name = ""; window.close(); } Regards Asit wrote: > I have facing the problem of window closing in Netscape 7.1 > > I have a window (...

Eudora 7.1: I get problems with accents
Hi friend, when I receive email and if there are accents on the words I get many many errors. I mean words with � � �, ect. Eudora doesnt read fine those waords. Do I have congigure something, please? thanks On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 17:33:23 +0200, ijones@jejejeje.it declaimed the following in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows: > Hi friend, > when I receive email and if there are accents on the words I get many > many errors. I mean words with � � �, ect. Eudora doesnt read fine > those waords. Do I have congigure something, please? > thanks Eudora doesn't use Unico...

Eudora 7.1: Out mailbox problem. help!
Hi, I use Eudora 7.1 and today I get this problem on Out mailbox. I attach the pic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58542060/Screening/Out%20Mailbox.jpg On Out mailbox, can I solve this problem and get the same icons I had before that problem? thanks ...

Web resources about - Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems. - comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade cultural problems worrying the aid community
Report criticises DFAT for cultural problems and lack of appreciation for aid within the department after merger with AusAid.

Kevin Rudd: Adam Goodes incident reveals Australia’s racism problem? - HeraldSun Search Search
... apology to the Stolen Generations, former prime minister Kevin Rudd says Australia needs to face up to the fact that it has a racism problem. ...

Kevin Rudd: Adam Goodes incident reveals Australia’s racism problem?
... apology to the Stolen Generations, former prime minister Kevin Rudd says Australia needs to face up to the fact that it has a racism problem. ...

Kevin Rudd's brutal slapdown of Australians who don't think we have a racism problem
[ SMH - Text-only index ] Kevin Rudd's brutal slapdown of Australians who don't think we have a racism problem Date: February 12 2016 Leesha ...

Kevin Rudd's brutal slapdown of Australians who don't think we have a racism problem
Former prime minister Kevin Rudd says it is &quot;100 per cent bullshit&quot; that the booing of Adam Goodes had nothing to do with his Aboriginality. ...

Kevin Rudd's brutal slapdown of Australians who don't think we have a racism problem
Former prime minister Kevin Rudd says it is "100 per cent bullshit" that the booing of Adam Goodes had nothing to do with his Aboriginality. ...

Scion FR-S recalled for key interlock problem
Filed under: Recalls , Scion , Safety , Coupe , Performance Scion is recalling the 2013-2016 FR-S because drivers with an automatic gearbox might ...

The problem with current 'smart' access control systems
... an access card? There’s a chance it could get into the wrong hands. This is certainly an issue for concern, but the true root of the problem ...

iPhone 7 might be an even bigger problem than we thought for Samsung
The lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack won't be the only big change to hit the iPhone 7. According to a report from The Electronic Times , Apple ...