X1 search requires leading characters

When using X1 search (on Eudora 7) the search string will not match
characters within a word unless the search characters are contained
at the beginning of the word.

Can I change this so that all characters, wherever they are in the
word, are matched?

For example: if I have the word "catastrophically" then X1 can't find
if I search for "strophic" or "strophically".

To be successful I have to use "catastrophic" or "catast".
0
liz

On 10/20/2016 11:34 AM, liz wrote:
> When using X1 search (on Eudora 7) the search string will not match
> characters within a word unless the search characters are contained
> at the beginning of the word.
>
> Can I change this so that all characters, wherever they are in the
> word, are matched?

I believe you can use regex expressions in the search (at least the help
file says you can) which I think means you should be able to do what you
want.

(Don't ask me how though. Regex is a total anathema to me - something I
stumble my way through on the rare occasions when I absolutely have to)

0
Sid