Filtering IMAP Mail.

Hi

Is there a simple utility that will check my email accounts and filter
the IMAP mail based on some simple rules.

IE:

USER (A)
if header = ***** then move to USER (A)/IMAP_FOLDER1
if subject = **** then move to USER (A)/IMAP_FOLDER2

Is this possible ??

My mail server is running on Windows.]

Thanks

comp.mail.imap 1648 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, jerryyang_la1@yahoo.com wrote:
> Is there a simple utility that will check my email accounts and filter
> the IMAP mail based on some simple rules.

Any good IMAP client can do as you ask.  Check the documentation for your
IMAP client.

Note that I said a "good IMAP client".

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc
mrc12 (1336)
9/20/2007 4:23:16 PM
Thanks
But I was hoping to find a small standalone utility that could run in
the background and update the IMAP accounts every few minutes.

Or something that could be called once an email has been delivered by
my mail server.

Any ideas ?

jerryyang_la1@yahoo.com wrote:
 > But I was hoping to find a small standalone utility that could run in
 > the background and update the IMAP accounts every few minutes.

Take a look at imapfilter.pl at http://www.athensfbc.com/imap_tools.  I
think it will probably do what you are looking for.

-Rick

rfs9999 (14)

Web resources about - Filtering IMAP Mail. - comp.mail.imap

Bayesian spam filtering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
/ ˈ b eɪ z i ə n / BAY -zee-ən ; after Rev. Thomas Bayes ) is a statistical technique of e-mail filtering . It makes use of a naive Bayes classifier ...

Facebook Adds Filtering To Messages, Tests Paid Service
Facebook released an update to its messaging system on Thursday , adding a filtering system and introducing a paid service for U.S. users who ...

Facebook to test option for paid messages between users, announces new filtering controls
... users to pay to send direct messages to another user’s inbox rather than their “other” folder. The social network is also releasing new filtering ...

Filtering mentions - Twitter Blogs
As part of our product development process, we regularly reach out to our partners to better understand what would improve the Twitter experience. ...

StockLight - ASX stocks, charts, filtering tools, shares & research on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about StockLight - ASX stocks, charts, filtering tools, shares & research. ...

Google AdSense Category Filtering - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Details at searchengineland.com/google-adsense-testing-category-filt...

Motorcyclists, drivers embrace filtering laws
Motorcyclists and their car-driving colleagues appear to have embraced the ACT's lane filtering laws four months after the pilot program began. ...

Motorbikes 'filtering' between traffic a safer way for Canberra's roads
Road users in the ACT may soon have to become used to motorcyclists legally lane filtering as a potential trial looms.

Yandex launches public DNS service with malicious URL filtering - Internet-based applications and services ...
Russian Web search firm Yandex launched a public DNS (Domain Name System) resolution service on Thursday that leverages the company's existing ...

The Filter Is Dead: Australian Government Dumps Controversial Filtering Project [Updated]
Almost three years ago now, Senator Stephen Conroy stepped up to the plate to deliver a bold new vision. A vision of a filtered, “safer” i... ...