Mail server supporting manager authoriasation to send mail

Our "IT" partner is reviewing Kerio Mailserver and MS Exchange. A server
will be deployed in each of 8 offices (1x 4 people, 3x 8 people, 1x 50, 3x
20 people).

As part of the firms Professional Indemnity procedures all written
communication in and out must be approved by a partner (about 15 across
firm), the same must apply with email. What we require is a
mailserver/client which doesn't permit mail to be sent directly to (and
preferably from) addresses other than @firms.domain without first being sent
to a partner and approved. what staff need to be able to do is enter
joe@bloggs.domain, hit send and it go to a partner or more than one
depending on the office, then all the partner needs to do is press yes or no
without having to mess around copying the content from one message to a new
one.

Any comments on the software (or the deployment stratergy - my personal
choice wound have been as all mail has to go through the head office mail
server first anyway to only have one central server and access over the
firm's VPN - each remote office has a 512k DSL, the head office would have a
faster upload connection than the 256k DSL provides - but i think this will
have to happen anyway)

Regards and thanks in advance

Chris

0
Chris
2/11/2004 10:06:20 AM
comp.mail.misc 4531 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

> As part of the firms Professional Indemnity procedures all written
> communication in and out must be approved by a partner (about 15
> across firm), the same must apply with email. What we require is a
> mailserver/client which doesn't permit mail to be sent directly to
> (and preferably from) addresses other than @firms.domain without first
> being sent to a partner and approved. what staff need to be able to do
> is enter joe@bloggs.domain, hit send and it go to a partner or more
> than one depending on the office, then all the partner needs to do is
> press yes or no without having to mess around copying the content from
> one message to a new one.

If your mail infrastructure was running on UNIX you could write a simple
challenge/response mechanism to accomplish this.

Any chance of throwing a Linux/BSD mail server in there?

--
Jem Berkes
http://www.sysdesign.ca/
On 11 Feb 2004 15:25:11 GMT, Jem Berkes <jb@users.pc9.org> wrote:

>> As part of the firms Professional Indemnity procedures all written
>> communication in and out must be approved by a partner (about 15
>> across firm), the same must apply with email. What we require is a
>> mailserver/client which doesn't permit mail to be sent directly to
>> (and preferably from) addresses other than @firms.domain without first
>> being sent to a partner and approved. what staff need to be able to do
>> is enter joe@bloggs.domain, hit send and it go to a partner or more
>> than one depending on the office, then all the partner needs to do is
>> press yes or no without having to mess around copying the content from
>> one message to a new one.
>
>If your mail infrastructure was running on UNIX you could write a simple
>challenge/response mechanism to accomplish this.

And the partners only need to know how to operate a browser to get to a
webmail server.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)
"Peter Peters" <P.G.M.Peters@nospam.utwente.net> wrote in message
> On 11 Feb 2004 15:25:11 GMT, Jem Berkes <jb@users.pc9.org> wrote:
>
> >> As part of the firms Professional Indemnity procedures all written
> >> communication in and out must be approved by a partner (about 15
> >> across firm), the same must apply with email. What we require is a
> >> mailserver/client which doesn't permit mail to be sent directly to
> >> (and preferably from) addresses other than @firms.domain without first
> >> being sent to a partner and approved. what staff need to be able to do
> >> is enter joe@bloggs.domain, hit send and it go to a partner or more
> >> than one depending on the office, then all the partner needs to do is
> >> press yes or no without having to mess around copying the content from
> >> one message to a new one.
> >
> >If your mail infrastructure was running on UNIX you could write a simple
> >challenge/response mechanism to accomplish this.
>
> And the partners only need to know how to operate a browser to get to a
> webmail server.

If I were to mention UNIX the IT manager would have a nervous breakdown
(trying to run win 2000 server & 2000 pro is a challange for her).... the IT
partner would ask the consultants who would tell him to use MS Exchange or
Kerio mailserver as they sell those (at a massive markup) not UNIX (which I
suspect would be beyond them as I have never seen them touch UNIX or LINUX,
only Windows!)

Chris

0
Chris
2/11/2004 8:11:30 PM
> If I were to mention UNIX the IT manager would have a nervous
> breakdown (trying to run win 2000 server & 2000 pro is a challange for
> her).... the IT partner would ask the consultants who would tell him
> to use MS Exchange or Kerio mailserver as they sell those (at a
> massive markup) not UNIX (which I suspect would be beyond them as I
> have never seen them touch UNIX or LINUX, only Windows!)

I can of course understand the constraints with which you have to work. I
am not familiar with Exchange (beyond the protocols it violates and the
trouble it has caused me).

Let us know if you find an Exchange-compatible solution to your problem.

--
Jem Berkes
http://www.sysdesign.ca/

--=_mimegpg-ny.email-scan.com-16340-1076543900-0003

Chris writes:

> "Peter Peters" <P.G.M.Peters@nospam.utwente.net> wrote in message
>> And the partners only need to know how to operate a browser to get to a
>> webmail server.
>>

> If I were to mention UNIX the IT manager would have a nervous breakdown
> (trying to run win 2000 server & 2000 pro is a challange for her).... the =
IT
> partner would ask the consultants who would tell him to use MS Exchange or
> Kerio mailserver as they sell those (at a massive markup) not UNIX (which =
> suspect would be beyond them as I have never seen them touch UNIX or LINUX=
,
> only Windows!)

In that case, you're screwed.

Linux is the natural solution.  I'm not aware of any commercial software
that does anything remote to what you're looking to do, so if your =E2=80=9C=
IT
manager=E2=80=9D isn't =E2=80=9CIT=E2=80=9D enough to handle Linux, then you=
're out of luck.

Not that there is a prepackaged free software solution out there already for=

the taking, but I estimate that it would take about five lines of code to
modify an existing free Linux mail server (that I'm familiar with) and make
it queue up all mail, until someone kicks it in the ass.

Then, the only remains tasks is to install a web site that brings queued up
mail up for review, and dispatches it accordingly.

I estimate that it will take only a couple of days for a competent
consultant developer to put together a rough initial first draft of this
screening application.  All the bells and whistles (such as correctly
showing attachments, etc=E2=80=A6) might take a little longer, but it's doab=
le.

Hopefully your company does not compete with anyone of roughly equal
caliber, who is in a same approximate situation, but does not use the
services of incompetent consultants.  Even if your consultants manage to
concoct an Exchange-based solution, it is a given that it would costs
several factors more than your competitors' free software-based solution,
which would give them a slight competitive advantage.

--=_mimegpg-ny.email-scan.com-16340-1076543900-0003

--=_mimegpg-ny.email-scan.com-16340-1076543900-0003--
0
Sam
2/11/2004 11:58:21 PM
Peter Peters (P.G.M.Peters@nospam.utwente.net) wrote:
: On 11 Feb 2004 15:25:11 GMT, Jem Berkes <jb@users.pc9.org> wrote:

: >> As part of the firms Professional Indemnity procedures all written
: >> communication in and out must be approved by a partner (about 15
: >> across firm), the same must apply with email. What we require is a
: >> mailserver/client which doesn't permit mail to be sent directly to
: >> (and preferably from) addresses other than @firms.domain without first
: >> being sent to a partner and approved. what staff need to be able to do
: >> is enter joe@bloggs.domain, hit send and it go to a partner or more
: >> than one depending on the office, then all the partner needs to do is
: >> press yes or no without having to mess around copying the content from
: >> one message to a new one.
: >
: >If your mail infrastructure was running on UNIX you could write a simple
: >challenge/response mechanism to accomplish this.

: And the partners only need to know how to operate a browser to get to a
: webmail server.

But then the mail won't appear to be official mail from the company, which
is probably the key issue, just like sending snail mail on water marked
company letter head.

As for the initial requirement, I have heard about various "work flow"
applications from various companies, including ones custom built using VB
and rules on top of MS mail clients such as outlook.  Lotus notes might be
considered a "work flow" application, though I don't know if that is even
available anymore.

I know nothing more, never having used them, but I would look into that
type of application.
0
yf110
2/12/2004 12:18:54 AM
On 11 Feb 2004 16:18:54 -0800, yf110@vtn1.victoria.tc.ca (Malcolm
Dew-Jones) wrote:

>: >> As part of the firms Professional Indemnity procedures all written
>: >> communication in and out must be approved by a partner (about 15
>: >> across firm), the same must apply with email. What we require is a
>: >> mailserver/client which doesn't permit mail to be sent directly to
>: >> (and preferably from) addresses other than @firms.domain without first
>: >> being sent to a partner and approved. what staff need to be able to do
>: >> is enter joe@bloggs.domain, hit send and it go to a partner or more
>: >> than one depending on the office, then all the partner needs to do is
>: >> press yes or no without having to mess around copying the content from
>: >> one message to a new one.
>: >
>: >If your mail infrastructure was running on UNIX you could write a simple
>: >challenge/response mechanism to accomplish this.
>
>: And the partners only need to know how to operate a browser to get to a
>: webmail server.
>
>But then the mail won't appear to be official mail from the company, which
>is probably the key issue, just like sending snail mail on water marked
>company letter head.

That can perfectly be done. I have had time to think about a scenario
and i looks a bit like the following.

Incoming e-mail gets delivered to mailboxes on the linux server. With
webmail the partner can read the boxes and decide whether to accept it
and forward it to the destination (on the exchange server) or bounce it.

Outgoing e-mail goes from the excange server to other mailboxes on the
linux server. With another (or the same) account the partner can check
the e-mail. If it can go out he gives the go. After that there are a lot
of things that can be done. Think about PGP signing or adding a legal
footer to the e-mail.

If the message is not allowed to go outside, he can send it back to the
sender eventually with some comment.

>As for the initial requirement, I have heard about various "work flow"
>applications from various companies, including ones custom built using VB
>and rules on top of MS mail clients such as outlook.  Lotus notes might be
>considered a "work flow" application, though I don't know if that is even
>available anymore.

I have seen such a product from a Finish company. That was years ago and
it ran on linux. But it was much more. It was more like a document
management system. And they considered an e-mail message just another
document (type).

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)
Universiteit Twente,  Postbus 217,  7500 AE  Enschede
telefoon: 053 - 489 2301, fax: 053 - 489 2383, http://www.utwente.nl/civ
0
Peter
2/12/2004 10:15:30 AM
: Dew-Jones) wrote:

: >: >> As part of the firms Professional Indemnity procedures all written
: >: >> communication in and out must be approved by a partner (about 15
: >: >> across firm), the same must apply with email. What we require is a
: >: >> mailserver/client which doesn't permit mail to be sent directly to
: >: >> (and preferably from) addresses other than @firms.domain without first
: >: >> being sent to a partner and approved. what staff need to be able to do
: >: >> is enter joe@bloggs.domain, hit send and it go to a partner or more
: >: >> than one depending on the office, then all the partner needs to do is
: >: >> press yes or no without having to mess around copying the content from
: >: >> one message to a new one.
: >: >
: >: >If your mail infrastructure was running on UNIX you could write a simple
: >: >challenge/response mechanism to accomplish this.
: >
: >: And the partners only need to know how to operate a browser to get to a
: >: webmail server.
: >
: >But then the mail won't appear to be official mail from the company, which
: >is probably the key issue, just like sending snail mail on water marked
: >company letter head.

: That can perfectly be done. I have had time to think about a scenario
: and i looks a bit like the following.

In reading this and below, I realize I misunderstood your comment.  What
you suggest sounds quite doable (perhaps someone will try to make some
money selling themselves to set it up for the first poster ).

[...]

: --
: Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
: Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)
: Universiteit Twente,  Postbus 217,  7500 AE  Enschede
: telefoon: 053 - 489 2301, fax: 053 - 489 2383, http://www.utwente.nl/civ

yf110
2/12/2004 9:32:36 PM
On 12 Feb 2004 13:32:36 -0800, yf110@vtn1.victoria.tc.ca (Malcolm
Dew-Jones) wrote:

>: That can perfectly be done. I have had time to think about a scenario
>: and i looks a bit like the following.
>
>In reading this and below, I realize I misunderstood your comment.  What
>you suggest sounds quite doable (perhaps someone will try to make some
>money selling themselves to set it up for the first poster ).

Including remote management? Hmmm.
No, I don't have the time at the moment.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)
Universiteit Twente,  Postbus 217,  7500 AE  Enschede
telefoon: 053 - 489 2301, fax: 053 - 489 2383, http://www.utwente.nl/civ
0
Peter
2/12/2004 9:56:35 PM
in comp.mail.misc i read:

>As for the initial requirement, I have heard about various "work flow"
>applications from various companies, including ones custom built using VB
>and rules on top of MS mail clients such as outlook.  Lotus notes might be
>considered a "work flow" application, though I don't know if that is even
>available anymore.

you can probably produce a solution using lotus notes and workflow.  and
yes, ibm is still selling plenty of lotus product.

--
a signature
0
"Chris" <c__m__h@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Peter Peters" <P.G.M.Peters@nospam.utwente.net> wrote in message

> > >If your mail infrastructure was running on UNIX you could write a
simple
> > >challenge/response mechanism to accomplish this.
> >
> > And the partners only need to know how to operate a browser to get to a
> > webmail server.
> >

> If I were to mention UNIX the IT manager would have a nervous breakdown
> (trying to run win 2000 server & 2000 pro is a challange for her).... the
IT
> partner would ask the consultants who would tell him to use MS Exchange or
> Kerio mailserver as they sell those (at a massive markup) not UNIX (which
> suspect would be beyond them as I have never seen them touch UNIX or
LINUX,
> only Windows!)
>
> Chris

Chris:

You may want to eyeball my web server.  For a relatively small number of $$
I'd even be willing to part with the VB source code.

It has functionality built in so that it can hold messages it receives until
authorized.  The hold messages part is in place, the authorization part
you'd have to write on your own but the mail is all stored in a database so
it shouldn't be a big deal to write a web page or similar function.

I have not run this server in any sort of high volume environment so you may
want to use it just for your out-bound mail.

Andrew Butchart
andrewb@abutchartconsulting.com
http://www.abutchartconsulting.com
http://www.abutchartconsulting.com/botdocs/ - ABC Bot - Shareware SMTP/POP3
Mail Server

0
Andrew

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Can receive, but not send mail on mail server
Hi all, My mail server is running Windows 2k, and ArgoSoft MAil Server Pro 1.8.8.1 It is behind a router, so I forwarded ports 25, 110 and 8180 to it for pop3, smtp and webmail. The DNS servers detected by the server were 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100 Tonight, I asked my friend to send me a mail as a test...seconds later, "buh-doop" it arrived in my inbox. I then replied to him, and from inside Outlook 2003, it appeared to have sent. But he said over a period of 20-30 minutes that he did not get it. Due to a Remote Desktop problem at the moment, I can't copy the l...

Sending mails to ISP mail server account
Hi all, I have a local mail server on domain xyz.com. Sendmail configured as MTA. Users are able to send mails to each other. I have also configured relay-domains to xyz.com so that they are able to send mails to real world. Local users are like 1@xyz.com .. upto 10@xyz.com We also have the mail services from ISP on same domain xyz.com. On ISP mail server we have created same account name like 1@xyz.com ... upto 10@xyz.com .. My local mail server is fetching mail from ISP mail server & delivered to local user accounts by using fetchmail. On ISP mail server, we have created few accounts ...

Can receive, but not send mail on mail server
Hi all, My mail server is running Windows 2k, and ArgoSoft MAil Server Pro 1.8.8.1 It is behind a router, so I forwarded ports 25, 110 and 8180 to it for pop3, smtp and webmail. The DNS servers detected by the server were 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100 Tonight, I asked my friend to send me a mail as a test...seconds later, "buh-doop" it arrived in my inbox. I then replied to him, and from inside Outlook 2003, it appeared to have sent. But he said over a period of 20-30 minutes that he did not get it. Due to a Remote Desktop problem at the moment, I can't copy the l...

Sending mail through Mail::Outlook
Hi, I am using Mail::Outlook to send email through Outlook. I've set out the code below. Everything works fine but I have two items on my wish list. 1. To be able to send attachments. I have tried '$message->Attachments('c:\file.txt');' and '$message->Attachments.Add('c:\file.txt');' but neither work. 2. To be able to send the email in html format but '$message->HTMLBody($body);' doesn't work. Are either of these possible using Mail::Outlook or do I need to go back to scratch and use another module? Thanks Paddy ###################...

sending mail otherthan mail()
Hello everyone, My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method of sending emails using php without using mail(). If there is any tweak to be done at the server level I will be able to convince the admin. The server has linux Enterprice edition 3 with php 4.3.11 and cpanel/whm. Please guide me to the method and i will be able to collect other information about it from google. Thanks Jaunty Edward smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I ...

how do backup deliver to smtp server mail or copy all mail forward a mail account?
thanks! a wrote: ISP & MX > thanks! Anytime Wolfgang ...

Check Mail returns no mail when in fact there is mail
On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer (which connects directly to the DSL without utilizing the wireless connection). I can send mail from the laptop just fine using Eudora. I get no error message when attempting to check for mail, just the dialogue box telling me I have no new mail. The small circle that appears in the lower right corner of the status bar turns as it normally does when the program checks for mail, then in about 2 seconds the dialogue box appears to say I have no new mail. Any suggestions for fixing this problem? Thanks, Dave. Dave <dtkipp@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless > network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it > would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have > no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser > on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set > identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer...

php mail() not sending to mail Clients (ie, Outlook, Apple Mail, thunderbird, etc..)
I have a send mail script on my site that. The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients like Outlook, Mail, etc...) Is this a problem with the script, or is it something I must change in php ini file? Thanks in advance for any help. here is the code. (im using it in conjunction with javascript for some AJAX stuff) if(!isset($_GET['action'])) { die("You must not access this page directly!"); //Just to stop people from visiting contact.php normally } /* Now lets trim up the input before sending it */ $name = trim($_GET['name']); //The sen...

hi this is sasidhar, we have CentOS5 with default sendmail configuration. Initially it is sending mails to gmail, yahoo etc. last few days it is not sending mails to yahoo. In maillog I observed that for yahoo mails the stat value is deferred. I tried everything by browsing google but I didn't find any solution to this problem. Finally I came here with lots of hope. In mail queue there are more than 1 lack, most of them yahoo, rediff etc. For gmail it is not giving any problem every mail is going. please give any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks, sasidhar. On 11/5/2009 11:...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) yaaru wrote: > I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that > smtp to send mails. > Use the MercuryC SMTP Relay Client Module. -- Regards, Guy <URL:http://guysalias.batcave.net/pgpkeys.txt> [Updated: 4/29...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) [POSTED TO comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE] In <fc389f33.0408060513.55cac989@posting.google.com> on 6 Aug 2004 06:13:37 -0700, samir@cybersurfindia.com (yaaru) wrote: >[SNIP] Per the newsgroup charters, please po...

Junk mail in Mail
With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode, I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail remembers that, as if it were in training mode. On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to > training mode to tell Mail wha...

Send mail script step
I have a file CLASSES with the classes of a school and a file STUDENTS with the students of the shool. The two files are related with the Class_ID field. I have a layout with the data from one record of the CLASS file and a portal showing all the students in that class. I want to use a script to sent e-mails to all the students in that class (assuming that there is a e-mail address field in students file). If I use the "Use all Recordn in found set" flag the mail is sent to all the studends of the school and not only to the students of that class. If I use "Use the current rec...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical cop...

How to set mail server to pass internet mail to other server for processing?
Dear Guys, My SendMail Server is currently being setup to send & receive mail locally only. How could I set the mail server so that it would pass internet mail to other server for processing. FYI, I am using SendMail v8.12.11 & I am new to SendMail. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, CL "CL" <cl@xtreamys.com> wrote in message news:416b307d$1_1@news.tm.net.my > My SendMail Server is currently being setup to send & receive mail > locally only. How could I set the mail server so that it would pass > internet mail to other server for processing. FYI...

Mail erases mail?
Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get it back? -- John Rethorst jrethorst at post dot com In article <noone-B571F2.18450825092004@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> wrote: > Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from > that account promptly disap...

ASA5510 dmz mail server forwarding to lan mail server
Hello Everyone, I am trying to bring up a new mail server in the dmz. I would like dmz mail server to receive mail for our domain, store messages in users' mailboxes, then forward messages inward to inside mail server. Below is an example of my running-config. I believe i need to include this line: static (inside,dmz) 10.1.1.1 inside_mail netmask 255.255.255.255 However when I do I receive: INFO: Global address overlaps w/ NAT exempt configuration I feel like there may be more ways than one to make this work, but need a little help. Communication is up between internal subnets - my problem...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because ...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

Web resources about - Mail server supporting manager authoriasation to send mail - comp.mail.misc