Need auto-mailer software - must be able to e-mail addresses, HTML mail, and subject to address

OK, here is what I'm looking to do...

I have an intranet database and basically I'd like to be able to click
on a mailing list I have, and have it send that list of e-mails, along
with HTML that will be in the mailer, and a subject, to an address
that will process those addresses and send out the mailer
automatically.

Or if there is some web-based solution that will allow me to submit a
form w/ a text file attachment of addresses, the HTML source, and
subject, that'll work too...

Any thoughts?
0
amilk (1)
9/12/2003 7:38:24 PM
comp.mail.misc 4529 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 12 Sep 2003 12:38:24 -0700, Andy Milk <amilk@catalyst-i.com> wrote:

> OK, here is what I'm looking to do...
>
> I have an intranet database and basically I'd like to be able to click
> on a mailing list I have, and have it send that list of e-mails, along
> with HTML that will be in the mailer, and a subject, to an address
> that will process those addresses and send out the mailer
> automatically.
>
> Or if there is some web-based solution that will allow me to submit a
> form w/ a text file attachment of addresses, the HTML source, and
> subject, that'll work too...
>
> Any thoughts?

I hate HTML mail and don't accept it.

This sounds like spamming.

What you want to do is simple enough, but unless you can convince me that all of
the people on that mailing list CHOOSE to be there, I won't help you.

Alan C

--

   take control of your mailbox ----- elrav1 ----- http://tinyurl.com/l55a

0
Alan
9/12/2003 8:31:47 PM
This is a MIME GnuPG-signed message.  If you see this text, it means that
your E-mail or Usenet software does not support MIME signed messages.

--=_mimegpg-ny.email-scan.com-26639-1063489362-0008

Andy Milk writes:

> OK, here is what I'm looking to do...
>
> I have an intranet database and basically I'd like to be able to click
> on a mailing list I have, and have it send that list of e-mails, along
> with HTML that will be in the mailer, and a subject, to an address
> that will process those addresses and send out the mailer
> automatically.
>
> Or if there is some web-based solution that will allow me to submit a
> form w/ a text file attachment of addresses, the HTML source, and
> subject, that'll work too...
>
> Any thoughts?

Learn some simple Perl scripting to accomplish the given task, or hire
someone to write the code for you.  This is not complicated, however it's
not something that most people have a need for; hence, it's unlikely that
you will be able to find an existing package that can be used to do
something like this.

I can actually think of some commercial mailing list services that might be
able to provide a service like that; however all of them -- without
exception -- are often abused, and thus always remain blacklisted to some
extent, at any given time.

--=_mimegpg-ny.email-scan.com-26639-1063489362-0008

--=_mimegpg-ny.email-scan.com-26639-1063489362-0008--
0
Sam