Sendmail mail redirection

I am using sendmail running on an HP Intel based server loaded with Red
Hat 7.2. My delima is that I was tasked with trying to capture email
coming from a specific "external" email address and redirect it to a
specific "internal" email address rather than the original recipient;
it would be nice to potentially have it go to both the originally
intended as well as the additional "mailbox".

Any help in resolving this is greatly appreciated.

0
jmoorhead (2)
2/5/2005 1:54:34 AM
comp.mail.misc 4531 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Redirect mail already in mail queue
I relay mail for a domain that is having connection problems at the moment. I have a script which moves the mail for this domain to a different queue directory so that they do not lose there mail through bounces. Is there anyway that I can send the already queued mail to a temporary webmail address so that they can at least read there mail until the network problems are sorted out. Ideally I would like to leave the mail in the queue but send a copy of each message to some webmail address. Any help appreciated. -- Adrian Think you know a language? Post to comp.lang... and find out...

Check Mail returns no mail when in fact there is mail
On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer (which connects directly to the DSL without utilizing the wireless connection). I can send mail from the laptop just fine using Eudora. I get no error...

Mail redirect before new mail arrives problem
Dont know if this has anything to do with the fact that we are running Lotus Notes Domino 5.0.12 on Linux BUT I have a problem with mail redirection. I have created a agent in my mailfile (on server) - shared agent - runs 'before new mail arrives - simple action to send mail (including copy of document) to another user in the address book. This works fine on most of our servers but there are a couple of exceptions. Here is what happens when you watch the Domino console when a new email arrives for this user 06/26/2003 11:00:01 AM Router: The New Mail Agent in mail/sthor...

mails sent by sendmail were treated as junk mail
Hi there, I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure it to work as my main mailserver which allow POP3 and SMTP connection from outside. My problem is that I cannot send out any mails which appears like sender: xxx@mydomain.com. If I send mail through terminal, my sent-out mail would looks like aaa@hostname.mydomain.com instead of aaa@mydomain.com. hostnam.mydomain.com is a qualified name of my linux box runing sendmail. Second, I configured a openwebmail on this linux box to allow users login from anywhere to manager their mails, and it works fine. However, all the out-going mails se...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

Mail::Sendmail cannot connect to localhost but the mail command can
Hello, I have a script that uses Mail::Sendmail, this script works just fine in 4 different boxes (RedHat and Solaris). Nevertheless, there is this Solaris machine where it doesn't work, and this is the error I get in the $Mail::Sendmail::error variable: connect to localhost failed (Connection refused) The thing that puzzles me, is that in the same machine, the mail command works just fine. <snipet> 39 sfx@et2:ver_2> mail andres@monroy.com testing .. </snipet> As far as I know, mail tries to send emails via the localhost SMTP just as Mail::Sendmail does. I also tried c...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical cop...

Junk mail in Mail
With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode, I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail remembers that, as if it were in training mode. On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to > training mode to tell Mail wha...

Mail erases mail?
Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get it back? -- John Rethorst jrethorst at post dot com In article <noone-B571F2.18450825092004@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> wrote: > Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from > that account promptly disap...

Web resources about - Sendmail mail redirection - comp.mail.misc

URL redirection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
URL redirection , also called URL forwarding , is a World Wide Web technique for making a web page available under more than one URL address. ...

Why should you use Komodia's Redirection SDK - YouTube
Things you should know before you try to develop your own: LSP ,TDI, WFP, NDIS solution Visit us at: http://www.komodia.com

Whan pledges funding for Queanbeyan roads, supports redirection of Ellerton extension money
Monaro candidate Steve Whan has pledged $17.3 million in additional road funding for Queanbeyan in the lead up to the NSW state election - without ...

Facebook tries to takeover the world with a redirection bug
Some of the biggest news sites in the world disappeared today when Facebook took over the internet with a redirection bug.

Matt Cutts : "Une redirection 301 ne génère pas de perte de PageRank"
Web Rank Info Matt Cutts : "Une redirection 301 ne génère pas de perte de PageRank" Abondance (Blog) Matt Cutts a publié hier une vidéo de ...

LED Cinema Display (27-inch), LED Cinema Display (24-inch, Late 2008): About headphone sound redirection ...
In certain situations, when you plug headphones into a Mac connected to an LED Cinema Display (24-inch, Late 2008) or LED Cinema Display (27-inch) ...

NASA announces details of its asteroid redirection mission
Today, NASA held a press conference in which it described the latest developments in its plan to return an asteroid to an orbit close enough ...

Google Hides Country Redirection Bypass Link
... see the link. Another option is to go to www.google.com/ncr, the same URL that used to the displayed by Google. "NCR" means "no country redirection", ...

Redirection for 2012 BW50
Redirection for 2012 BW50

redirection