don't know where the NAME comes from and how to modify it?
0
sunway
2/25/2008 3:53:31 PM
comp.mail.mutt 1794 articles. 0 followers. mnjagadeesh (42) is leader. Post Follow

On 2008-02-25, sunway <sunwayforever@gmail.com> wrote:
> i haven't set the "NAME" part of  the "From: NAME <xx@xx.com>", i
> don't know where the NAME comes from and how to modify it?

in .muttrc:

set realname="NAME"

Alex
0
Alex
2/26/2008 10:34:38 AM
Alex Steer <alex.steer+news@gmail.com> wrote:

 > On 2008-02-25, sunway <sunwayforever@gmail.com> wrote:
 > > i haven't set the "NAME" part of  the "From: NAME <xx@xx.com>", i
 > > don't know where the NAME comes from and how to modify it?

 > in .muttrc:

 > set realname="NAME"

Whereas I can't find where to change the <xx.xx.com> part of the
From: line. It doesn't appear to be in .muttrc.

I have two mailboxes at my account, but only one of them is primary.
When I send mail, it always uses my primary address, but in many
cases, I'd like to use the alternate mailbox name instead. Haven't
figured out how to control that.

Thanks!

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
0
> Whereas I can't find where to change the <xx.xx.com> part of the
> From: line. It doesn't appear to be in .muttrc.

set from=xx@xx.com

Reading TFM also helps ;)

Python Mutt utilities <http://www.blacktrash.org/hg/muttils/>
0
Christian
2/27/2008 12:46:04 PM
Christian Ebert <blacktrash@gmx.net> wrote:

 > * bastXXXette@sonic.net on Wednesday, February 27, 2008:
 > > Whereas I can't find where to change the <xx.xx.com> part of the
 > > From: line. It doesn't appear to be in .muttrc.

 > set from=xx@xx.com

 > Reading TFM also helps ;)

<sigh> Some day, in a distant universe, a friendly person will be helpful
without needing to slip in a dig at the same time. What is this newsgroup
for if one isn't supposed to ask questions? (And where did you get the
idea that I didn't look for the answer first before asking?)

Anyway, thanks... I think.

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
0
bastXXXette
2/27/2008 7:40:14 PM
bastXXXette@sonic.net wrote:
> Alex Steer <alex.steer+news@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have two mailboxes at my account, but only one of them is primary.
> When I send mail, it always uses my primary address, but in many
> cases, I'd like to use the alternate mailbox name instead. Haven't
> figured out how to control that.

Sounds like you want account-hook.  Something like:

account-hook foo.com set from=me@foo.com
account-hook bar.com set from=me@bar.com

Matt Loar
0
Matthew
2/27/2008 10:46:43 PM
Matthew Loar <matthew@loar.name> wrote:

 > bastXXXette@sonic.net wrote:
 > > Alex Steer <alex.steer+news@gmail.com> wrote:
 > >
 > > I have two mailboxes at my account, but only one of them is primary.
 > > When I send mail, it always uses my primary address, but in many
 > > cases, I'd like to use the alternate mailbox name instead. Haven't
 > > figured out how to control that.

 > Sounds like you want account-hook.  Something like:

 > account-hook foo.com set from=me@foo.com
 > account-hook bar.com set from=me@bar.com

Thank you. I set up a script that points to a different version of
muttrc in the case of my emailing from the second account, but the above
is more elegant.

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
0
bastXXXette
2/27/2008 11:38:18 PM
* bastXXXette@sonic.net on Wednesday, February 27, 2008:
> Christian Ebert <blacktrash@gmx.net> wrote:
>> * bastXXXette@sonic.net on Wednesday, February 27, 2008:
>>> Whereas I can't find where to change the <xx.xx.com> part of the
>>> From: line. It doesn't appear to be in .muttrc.
>
>> set from=xx@xx.com
>
>> Reading TFM also helps ;)
                          ^^
> <sigh> Some day, in a distant universe, a friendly person will be helpful
> without needing to slip in a dig at the same time. What is this newsgroup
> for if one isn't supposed to ask questions? (And where did you get the
> idea that I didn't look for the answer first before asking?)

Where did you get the idea that I had the idea that you didn't
look for the answer first before asking?

I was refering to the situation, admittedly jumping to
conclusions from my own frustrating experiences, when I don't see
the forest for all the trees in a manual.

I marked the answer with a smiley, even though I don't
particularly like smileys, because English isn't my mother
tongue, and I wanted to make clear that the "advice" was to be
taken with a grain of sel de mer.

> Anyway, thanks... I think.

Anyway, Matthew had a better guess at what you wanted, so feel
free to filter my patronizing answers.

Ist das Hirn zu kurz gekommen, wird sehr gern Moral genommen.
--Wiglaf Droste

0
Christian
2/28/2008 11:26:09 AM
Hello Matthew,

 On Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 22:46:43 +0000, Matthew Loar wrote:

> Sounds like you want account-hook. Something like:
>| account-hook foo.com set from=me@foo.com
>| account-hook bar.com set from=me@bar.com

    No. $from cannot be sanely manipulated by account-hooks.
Account-hooks are not designed for this purpose. Don't do that.
You can use folder-hooks instead.

Bye!	Alain.
--
Mutt muttrc tip to send mails in best adapted first necessary and sufficient
charset (version for Western Latin-1/Latin-9/CP-850/CP-1252 terminal users):
Christian Ebert <blacktrash@gmx.net> wrote:

 > Where did you get the idea that I had the idea that you didn't
 > look for the answer first before asking?

 > I was refering to the situation, admittedly jumping to
 > conclusions from my own frustrating experiences, when I don't see
 > the forest for all the trees in a manual.

 > I marked the answer with a smiley, even though I don't
 > particularly like smileys, because English isn't my mother
 > tongue, and I wanted to make clear that the "advice" was to be
 > taken with a grain of sel de mer.

OK, OK, sorry - guess I jumped to conclusions too.

Seriously, I have received enough patronizing answers from people
over the years, after asking what felt to me like reasonable questions,
so I guess I'm a bit gun-shy.

Thanks again, I did use your suggestion, actually.

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
0
bastXXXette
2/28/2008 6:50:25 PM
bastXXXette@sonic.net wrote:
>  > Reading TFM also helps ;)
>=20
> What is this newsgroup for if one isn't supposed to ask questions?

There are different qualities of questions.
Repititions and trivialities caught by simple rtfm are boring.

> (And where did you get the idea that I didn't look for the answer
> first before asking?)

Docs aren't perfect, so people might miss the obvious.
Feedback welcome, see also MuttLists page on MuttWiki.

--=20
=A9 Rado S. -- You must provide YOUR effort for your goal!
Rado

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

any file size limit in <PARAM name="***" value="***"> ?
I embed an applet in my php script which has a parameter providing an input file for the jar. Does this file has size limit? The code is as follows: <APPLET ARCHIVE="myapplet.jar" WIDTH=372 HEIGHT=360 VSPACE=0 HSPACE=0 ALIGN=middle> <?php echo "<PARAM NAME=\"data\" VALUE=\"myfile.\">";?> when "myfile" is beyond 15M, my applet cannot load sucessfully, but while this file is limited like 5M or 7M, it works well. Does anybody know is the reason caused by php script limit, applet mechanism, or by different browser? Thanks. ...

Need to check file field for content in <cfinput type="file" name="custCartThumb">
With the following code, I get the "message" whether or not there is content in my filefield: function check_file_field() { var file_field = document.getElementById("custCartFile"); if(file_field.value.length == 0) { alert("You are required to select an Image"); return false; } else { return true; } } <cfinput type="file" name="custCartThumb"> <cfinput type="submit" name="submit" value="Add Image" onClick="return check_file_field()"> It's like the function does not detect if the cfinput...

How to create a file named "\a" and "-a"
Hi !How to create a file named "\a" and "-a"? dolphin wrote: > Hi !How to create a file named "\a" and "-a"? > "touch \\a" nets you "\a" making "-a" filename is harder.. You may have to resort to C code.. Its pretty hard to get the standard tools to ignore what they interpret as switches. On 16 Mar 2007 at 14:36, dolphin wrote: > Hi !How to create a file named "\a" touch '\a' > and "-a"? touch -- -a (assuming GNU touch) -- email: echo t.adllkhsl@iypzavs.hj.br | tr a-gh-pq...

<a style="text-decoration: none;" name="souhaits"></a>
Probably trivial I am trying to separate A:hash from A:link attribute. Thanks. -- X tr�me newbe ....... masm32 windows Xp asus p4 s533/333/133 Intel(R) Celeron (R) CPU 2.00 GHz Jean Pierre Daviau wrote: > Probably trivial > > > I am trying to separate A:hash from A:link attribute. I don�t understand you. But the thread "re links and anchors", which started less than four hours ago, might be helpful. -- Johannes Koch In te domine speravi; non confundar in aeternum. (Te Deum, 4th cent.) Exactly ...

"/a" is not "/a" ?

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"