strange behavior

Hi,

I ran into a strage behavior of mutt that really bugged me until I
found an easy workaround.

1) type 'c' to change to a mailbox
2) type '=mailbox_X' type something
3) type tab to change to view a list of matching mailboxes
4) type 'q' - mutt returns to show 'Open mailbox: =mailbox_X'
5) type a character, e.g. 'x' - mutt deletes '=mailbox_X' and shows 'x'

If you instead
5a) move the cursor
5b) type a character, e.g. 'x' - then mutt inserts 'x' into
'=mailbox_X'

I don't like mutt to delete what I have typed.  Why is there this
difference?  I'm not sure whether it is intended or a bug.

Uli

I'm using Mutt 1.5.6+20040907i (CVS)

0
d4
5/20/2005 9:56:51 AM
comp.mail.mutt 1794 articles. 0 followers. mnjagadeesh (42) is leader. Post Follow

On 20 May 2005 02:56:51 -0700, d4@thispla.net wrote:

> I don't like mutt to delete what I have typed.  Why is there this
> difference?  I'm not sure whether it is intended or a bug.

It's deliberate. The assumption was made that if you're typing something,
you probably aren't entering a variant of the suggested mailbox name but
something completely new.

There may be an option to turn it off; I haven't looked. Check the manual to
see.

Hope that helps,

--
Paul

No matter how hard you try, you cannot cram infinity into 32 bits.
 -- E. Carl Zimmerman
0
Paul

Mail.app strange behavior
I'm having a problem with mail.app 8.2 running in Yosemite; deleted message keep moving from the trash to the folder from where they were deleted. I can't figure out what causes it, nor how to stop it. "Include related messages" is not checked in Preferences. > I'm having a problem with mail.app 8.2 running in Yosemite; deleted > message keep moving from the trash to the folder from where they were > deleted. I can't figure out what causes it, nor how to stop it. > > "Include related messages" is not checked in Preferences. Li...

Strange behavior with backspace in mutt
Hi, I noticed strange behavior with backspace. When I type string and edit I can erase character I have typed but if I use arrow keys or "End" key I cannot erase in mutt anymore with backspace. Did anyone have the same problems? -andrei ...

Strange "Mail" behavior
Hello, Mail has stopped working with the following missive: Mail cannot update your mailboxes because your home directory is full. And then goes on to say: YOu must free up space in your home directory using Mail. Delete unneeded documents or move documents to another volume. This seem more than strange as I have over 26 gig of space in my home directory! Any ideas? Thanks for all replies in advance. Larry -- The universe may have a purpose, but nothing we know suggests that, if so, this purpose has any similarity to ours. - Bertrand Russell ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com -...

Strange Mail (lack of) behavior after upgrade
Installed 10.5.1 and updated to 10.5.6 last night. The new version of Mail (3.5) "remembered" all my settings from the previous version (2.1.3) but it won't do ANYTHING else. When I launch the program I get a Menu bar at top but no View window. I can open a View window from the Menu bar. I can even open a New Message field and type a message. But it won't send or receive mail. It also won't quit on its own, either by Command + Q or by choosing Quit from the Menu bar - I have to Force Quit it. Very perplexing. Any helpful input is welcome and appreciated. Doubt if ...

Strange Mail (lack of) behavior after upgrade
Installed 10.5.1 and updated to 10.5.6 last night. The new version of Mail (3.5) "remembered" all my settings from the previous version (2.1.3) but it won't do ANYTHING else. When I launch the program I get a Menu bar at top but no View window. I can open a View window from the Menu bar. I can even open a New Message field and type a message. But it won't send or receive mail. It also won't quit on its own, either by Command + Q or by choosing Quit from the Menu bar - I have to Force Quit it. Very perplexing. Any helpful input is welcome and appreciated. Doubt if ...

strange Mail client behavior in X
Concerns 10.2.8, all security updates applied, pretty much a plain vanilla system (17" iMac, G4800). This has happened only twice, but it's odd. I open an e-mail message in Mail. The message is plain text and has no attachments. The message is from a known e-mail address, a friend on a Linux system. I open the message and the system starts beeping at me. If I close the message, it reopens again. The Mail window expands to fill the screen. I can only stop this behavior by closing Mail and closing Safari. This behavior reminds me of those Web sites that try to capture the user&...

STRANGE, NEW OS X MAIL behavior!
In the past release, I've noticed that mail in OS X Mail is received as "chunks", wherein the received mail text is surrounded by a box with a "cancel" X in one corner. This box prevents me from editing within it to put in reply text after the text I'm actually responding to. I can only put text before or after that "chunk". Is this a result of some new feature, or a format I'm not aware of? And what's the point of it? How do I get around it so I can edit within that "chunk"? TIA! Mark On 2009-12-09 18:59:04 +0000, gma...

Please help! Strange behavior: Access > Word Mail Merge code
Hello all you fine folks, Here is some code I am using to merge data from a single record Access 2K3 table into a NEW word document based on a pre-defined Word merge template doc. All I want to happen is as follows: User defines a storage path and name for the new Word document then clicks a "Create" button on a form. From that point on I use the following code: ====================== BEGIN CODE ============================ Public Sub MergeIt(docPath As String) Dim fID As Long Dim strSQL As String Dim objWord As Word.Document On Error GoTo MergeIt_Error If Me.D...

Strange color effect / strange behavior of selection tool
Hello, please consider the following problems with PS 6: I created a simple red symbol on white background, color depth 24 bit, but simple #FF0000 and #FFFFFF RGB. Now, when I store the symbol in .JPG format and load it later, is is still red but at the borders of the symbol it seems like the program tries to create an increasing "redness" from white to my color. So the symbol's edges appear somewhat "blurry". The second thing: When I use the selection tool to select a rectangular part of the drawing, after releasing the mouse button the selected rectangle is increas...

Strange color effect / strange behavior of selection tool
Hello, please consider the following problems with PS 6: I created a simple red symbol on white background, color depth 24 bit, but simple #FF0000 and #FFFFFF RGB. Now, when I store the symbol in .JPG format and load it later, is is still red but at the borders of the symbol it seems like the program tries to create an increasing "redness" from white to my color. So the symbol's edges appear somewhat "blurry". The second thing: When I use the selection tool to select a rectangular part of the drawing, after releasing the mouse button the selected rectangle is increas...

Strange behavior
Does anyone have clue as to what this means? OS is 5.0.6 with patches and Merge 5.3.7c WARNING: Merge: _M_vpg_vpte_invalidate - couldn't find vptep F1B6E400 Fri Oct 29 15:11:13 2004 WARNING: bufcall - Could not allocate STREAMS event All tcp activity halted and this kept repeating on the console. One merge and then the screen would roll over with the bufcall message. I could get the login from the console, but it wouldn't let me in. I had to power cycle to recover. TIA Ron "Ronald J Marchand" <ron@rojomar.com> wrote in message news:97083$41863e60$42a6716f$29779...

strange Mail
someone named ???@??? is sending me email at RR with no subject. The details are; > Return-Path: <linda1@pta.at> > Received: from hrndva-mxlb.mail.rr.com ([10.128.255.9]) > by hrndva-imta10.mail.rr.com with ESMTP > id > <20080615212259.FFAD15032.hrndva-imta10.mail.rr.com@hrndva-mxlb.mail > .rr.com>; > Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:22:59 +0000 > X-IronPort: hrndva-mx06.mail.rr.com 568301261 > X-RR-Connecting-IP: 77.54.191.119 > Received: from 119.191.54.77.rev.vodafone.pt (HELO 3E9E2328) > ([77.54.191.119]...

Strange behavior...
Hello, I have a report which is based on a query...in the query there are the following fields: 'StartDate', 'EndDate', 'CurrencyPeriod', ... in the report I have a header (dateHeader) which contains 3 textboxes: the first two are bound to 'StartDate' / 'EndDate' but the third textbox is unbound. The problem is now that I have absolutely no access to the field Me![CurrencyPeriod] in the dateHeader_Format-Event, I always get "Microsoft Access can't find the field 'CurrencyPeriod' referred to in your expression" (Runtime-Error 2465)....

Strange, very strange
Explanation is quiet long, but finally the point is really, really strange! I'm writting some client/server application. Communication is done by simple [socket], but additionaly I use DES and bas64 from tcllib. DES is used to secure transmitted data, and base64 is to allow transmit it (data) via simple ascii-translated channel (I just need it). Now: Server-side daemon listens on some socket and when connection is estabilished it starts to sending some data (simple text) using: puts $sock [::base64::encode [::DES::des -mode encode \ -key $password $data]] Clien-side application rec...

Strange behavior
Hi I have a strange behavior with this simple tasking example: https://github.com/Chutulu/chapter_17.git with Ada.Text_IO; procedure Two_Cooperating_Tasks is task type Simple_Task (Message : Character; How_Many : Positive); task body Simple_Task is begin -- Simple_Task for Count in 1 .. How_Many loop Ada.Text_IO.Put ("Hello from Task " & Message); Ada.Text_IO.New_Line; delay 0.1; end loop; end Simple_Task; Task_A : Simple_Task (Message => 'A', How_Many =>...

Web resources about - strange behavior - comp.mail.mutt

Behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Behavior or behaviour (see spelling differences ) is the range of actions and mannerisms made by individuals, organisms , systems , or artificial ...

Behavior Design - behaviordesign.com
Behavior designs interactive systems.

Behavior Gap - Exploring the relationship between people and their money. Behavior Gap
Watch it now. Watch the latest videos by Carl Richards on money, emotion, and meaningful conversations.

Dog Behavior Tips -Dog Owners One Stop Shop and Tips
Come and get some free dog behavior tips. Training your new or older dog can sometimes be somewhat of a task if you are new to doing it. Let ...

Modeled Behavior
It is, more or less, the country’s primary check for determining how well the government is doing — and in fact what the government will be doing. ...

Online Behavior - Marketing Measurement & Optimization
This website is a source of knowledge for website owners and analysts looking to understand how their online customers behave . But that's not ...

BJ Fogg's Behavior Model
... In addition, he devotes at least half his time to industry projects and innovations, all of which focus on using technology to change behaviors ...

Plant Behavior
The Society of Plant Signaling and Behavior serves the community of scientists interested in sensory plant biology, signaling, information processing ...

What Brands Can Learn About Behavior from New Year's Resolutions
If you are reading this magazine, it's pretty likely your success in 2016 will depend on your ability to change people's behavior. Behavior ...

Uber tests out using smartphones to monitor driver behavior
(credit: VCU CNS @ Flickr ) Uber announced today that it will monitor some of its drivers' behavior for things like excessive speeding or distracted ...