can't open pegasus

I am using 4.02  and starting this morning it is becoming a severe
problem

I can no longer open the program.....

It gives me a splash screen and then minimizes to the task bar and
shortcut bar.......clicking on either sends it to the other state.

I have been running norton continuously and just checked and  there
are no virus found.

It was functioning perfectly 8 hours ago..........

Any ideas would help

thanks
0
netdirect2you
9/7/2003 10:56:47 AM
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

netdirect2you@aol.com wrote in

> I am using 4.02  and starting this morning it is becoming a
> severe problem

Unrelated (most likely), but I'd recommend upgrading to the
current release.

> I can no longer open the program.....
>
> It gives me a splash screen and then minimizes to the task bar
> and shortcut bar.......clicking on either sends it to the other
> state.

Does the shortcut have the "open minimized" setting?
When the taskbar button is not there, try quadruple-clicking on the
systray icon (assuming it doesn't disappear after the first click).

When it is there, try clicking on a different app before clicking
on the Pegasus Mail button.

> It was functioning perfectly 8 hours ago..........

Odd.  Something must have changed.  If you have "display systray
icon only when minimized" checked, uncheck it.  "hide taskbar
button when minimized" is OK.  Sounds like you have both checked at
the moment.

> Any ideas would help

There is a known issue on W2K/XP that double-clicking the systray
icon opens the Pegasus Mail window but doesn't bring it to the
front.  The taskbar button is "depressed" though, and clicking it
causes Pegasus Mail to minimize again rather than bringing it to
the forground.  Clicking on a visible part of the window, clicking
on another app's taskbar button and then Pegasus Mail's, or double-
clicking the systray icon again all work.

- Fred
0
Fred