Does Mercury support Challenge/Response?

Win2k sp3, Mercury 3.32

Does anyone know if Mercury provides challenge/response support?  If
not, is there some way to do that via policies and a third party
application?

A friend has told me that using TMDA (for unix) challenge reponse has
eliminated spam arriving at the mailbox.  I'd like to do that with
Mercury.

Thanks,
0
spamtrap
7/11/2003 6:52:51 PM
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

0
Tym
7/11/2003 7:45:15 PM
On 11 Jul 2003 11:52:51 -0700, spamtrap@tpsd.com (Dave) wrote:

>Win2k sp3, Mercury 3.32
>
>Does anyone know if Mercury provides challenge/response support?  If
>not, is there some way to do that via policies and a third party
>application?

AFAIK, no.

>A friend has told me that using TMDA (for unix) challenge reponse has
>eliminated spam arriving at the mailbox.  I'd like to do that with
>Mercury.

I know of one person who came very close to receiving the spam that
was destined for his system. A spammer forged my Yahoo! address as the
sender, so the challenge came back to me. I was sorely tempted to
frustrate him; but I managed to hold my pixish humor in check...

Oh, and I won't really click on challenges. Honest. The one I got
could have been an address harvesting scheme for all I knew. No policy
on how they would handle my e-mail address. So I have determined that
I will just bit-bucket challenges.

And one auto-responder from a recipient, saying, "I can't see you!"

I still have over 100 of the nearly 200 bounces in storage; I've been
meaning to look through them for MailWasher bounces so I could
lambaste those idiots.

--

Norman
~I'll be there, by your side