How do I fork out mail with Mercury

I have a new Mercury server running mail on a very small domain.

I need mail to one address to be delivered to two recipients, one local
account with the same name and a copy should be forwarded to an account on a
different domain and server.

Example

user@mydomain.com should be delivered to user@mydomain.com and
user@anotherdomain.com

How can I do this easy?

Cheers,

Rolf,

Denmark

0
Rolf
6/27/2003 1:04:54 PM
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:04:54 +0200, "Rolf Ask Clausen" <rac@ing.dk> wrote:

>I have a new Mercury server running mail on a very small domain.
>

>I need mail to one address to be delivered to two recipients, one local
>account with the same name and a copy should be forwarded to an account on a
>different domain and server.
>

>Example
>

>user@mydomain.com should be delivered to user@mydomain.com and
>user@anotherdomain.com
>

>How can I do this easy?

You need to use a FORWARD file in the users new mail directory.

In Mercury Help, look for 'Forwarding' in the Index.  The format of the file is
described here.

John King

jmk1jmk1@yahoo.co.uk
0
John

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Mercury Mail Mailing List
I'm trying to set up a mailing list with Mercury /32 v4 and I'm having problems. I hope this is the right place to seek help. To the best of my knowledge, I created the list correctly. I added a couple of accounts to the subscription list. However, when I send a message to the list, it never gets distributed, and the sending account gets a bounce back email stating that "the user doesn't exist". So.. my questions are: 1. Does the mailing list address have to exist as a user account in Mercury? During my trouble-shooting, I thought that it might, so I created the user account using the same email address as the list. No more "unable to deliver" messages, but still the message never gets distributed. So now I assume that it SHOULD NOT exist. 2. Do I need the MercuryE module loaded, or will the mailing list feature work with MercuryC? I need to use MercuryC since my ISP is blocking mail servers. 3, I tried loading the MercuryB module to see if I could get the web management working, but when I try to subscribe to the existing list, it tells me that it doesn't exist. (perhaps that's a clue to the problem?) I'm stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks. Scott ...

Check Mail returns no mail when in fact there is mail
On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer (which connects directly to the DSL without utilizing the wireless connection). I can send mail from the laptop just fine using Eudora. I get no error message when attempting to check for mail, just the dialogue box telling me I have no new mail. The small circle that appears in the lower right corner of the status bar turns as it normally does when the program checks for mail, then in about 2 seconds the dialogue box appears to say I have no new mail. Any suggestions for fixing this problem? Thanks, Dave. Dave <dtkipp@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless > network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it > would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have > no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser > on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set > identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Mail erases mail?
Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get it back? -- John Rethorst jrethorst at post dot com In article <noone-B571F2.18450825092004@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> wrote: > Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from > that account promptly disap...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical cop...

Junk mail in Mail
With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode, I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail remembers that, as if it were in training mode. On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to > training mode to tell Mail wha...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because ...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Setting up domain mail with mercury mail
Hi, I'm trying to set up Mercury Mail Transport to receive mail from a pop3 account for my domain and locally distribute to individual users. This seems to be fairly easy to set up but I've got a few questions about how this works. Does the Mercury POP3 client delete messages from the POP3 server when it collects them? Is it possible to have it leave the mail on the domain server but delete mail that is a specified number of days old? If so, how do I set it up this way? I didn't see any options for leaving or deleting mail in the client configuration window... Thanks...

Odd problem MAIL and DECW$MAIL (sequential MAIL.MAI)
Alpha VMS 8.3 (ok, in fairness, this is after a disk problem, but bear with me !) My DECW$MAIL profile has 5 drawers. 3 of them point to other user's MAIL.MAI files. This worked fine for some time. Now, one of those user's mail files behaves badly. DOuble clicking on that drawer yields NOTHING. Right Click on the folder followed by "open in new window" crashes DEC$WINDOWS. From character cell mail, I can set file USRDIR:[user]MAIL.MAI and then perform DIR, read, and even delete with success. HOWEVER, DELETE takes a long time to complete but does complete. I can send...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?
I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored, if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the folder tree any longer, but I have to sav...

Mails sent mail to internal people are sent to their Internet mail address
Hi. When people in our company send mail messages to others in our company's directory Lotus Notes sends directly to the Internet. Since our Domino server is not yet configured as an SMTP relay, our fellows use Notes 6 client to read their Notes mailbox and send mails directly to the Internet. They all have a pop3 account by our ISP that they must read from their Notes client. Our Domino R6 server is installed on a Linux machine on which I have no control. Notes R6 clients use replication to read their mail from their ISP pop3 account. I'd like Lotus Notes R6 clients to...

Copy/Paste mail from one mail.box to a new mail.box
Occassionally, we have to allow the server to create new mail boxes on server restart. When we realize we have an issue, we stop Domino, rename the current mail boxes and then new ones get created by the server. We are wondering if there is a tool that would automatically copy and paste the emails in the orginal mail boxes to the new mail boxes. TIA, It must be a dedicated tool, since copying documents to the mail.box is not allowed: It was a potential leak in security. I believe that since version 5 it is changed and copying docs to the mail.box is disabled. greetzz, Dick &...

Mail 2.1, two PBG4s, synchronizing mail and mail problems
Here's the sitch: PBG4 w/broken screen, running an external (duh) Samsung monitor. This is my shop PB, it's currently masquerading as an immobile desktop. PBG4 all fixy-fix. Mostly keep at home, but also on the road. LaCie 320GB external Firewire drive. backup at shop (used Migration Assistant to copy the shop PB's system (10.4.7), apps, and docs to the FireWire drive) Two mail accounts -- one on each PB -- both of which accounts dump into Mail 2.1, on both PBs. With me so far? *I'm* already lost... Problem one: Is there a way -- besides signing up with .Mac -- that I ca...

Pegasus Mail Messages being filtered by addresseess Mail Systems
Hello, since a couple of months, and more for some addressees, I have experienced a problem: when I send them a message written with Pegasus Mail it is rejected by the target system... but not when I send it with Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird... that whas happening a few years ago and Pegasus Mail drop during a few months its proudily X-Mailer keyword... would it be possible to do it again???, or is there any "back door option" for instructing Pegasus MAil not to sign its messages with this keyword?? Kind regards, ...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

how do backup deliver to smtp server mail or copy all mail forward a mail account?
thanks! a wrote: ISP & MX > thanks! Anytime Wolfgang ...

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Web resources about - How do I fork out mail with Mercury - comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc

Mercury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Home - San Jose Mercury News
San Jose Mercury News - breaking news, weather, traffic, shopping, sports, jobs, cars, homes and local events

Sydney weather: Mercury a chance to nudge 40 degrees if sea breezes fail
Sydney is in for another scorcher on Thursday with the potential for 40 degrees over much of the city ahead of a gusty cool change from the south. ...

Monarch butterfly migration 2016, transit of Mercury, Rio Olympics: Things you can only see this year ...
EACH year we find plenty of reasons to travel — like checking off bucket list destinations and staying at a new hotel that just opened.

Sydney weather: Mercury a chance to nudge 40 degrees if sea breezes fail
Sydney is in for another scorcher on Thursday with the potential for 40 degrees over much of the city ahead of a gusty cool change from the south. ...

Perth weather: mercury hits 35 degrees at 9am and set to hit 41
Perth is in for a scorcher on Monday with temperatures already hitting 35 degrees by 9.00am this morning.

Good news: We’ve accidentally cut mercury pollution
(credit: US DOE ) Coal-fired plants and other human activities release mercury into the environment, where some of it ends up converted into ...

Julien Baker played Mercury Lounge with Eskimeaux, covered Elliott Smith
photos by Amanda Hatfield Julien Baker @ Mercury Lounge - 1/21/15 Julien Baker's tour in continued support of last year's great Sprained Ankle ...

What Mercury in retrograde means and how it works - Videos - CBS News
Mercury in retrograde happens four times this year, and the celestial event is getting a lot of attention. Some think the planet’s movements ...

Mercury building up in West Coast fog
It is not a direct threat to humans, but high levels of mercury in fog could pose threats to animals and food supplies.