Mails from postmaster address to mailing list are lost

I have been using Mercury/32 with a domain mailbox for several years
with very few problems. I currently use v3.31 (but my problem is also
present with v3.32).

But I have this problem: if the term 'postmaster' is part of the mail
address of   a mail sent to one of my mailing lists, the mail is never
delivered. For example, if a mail from 'postmaster@somedomain.com' is

The problem persists even if the from address is changed to
'postmaster42@somedomain.com'. If the from address is changed to
'post42master@somedomain.com', the problem disappears and the message
is in fact delivered.

The problem is only present when the mail is sent to one of my mailing
lists; if a mail from 'postmaster@somedomain.com' is sent directly to
one of my users, the mail is delivered without problems.

When the problem is present, the Mercury core process shows:

20:32:12: Job MG0001F0:  from postmaster@somedomain.com (non-local)
   To: :ml (local) -OK

When the problem is not present, the Mercury core process shows:

20:32:12: Job MG0001F0:  from post42master@somedomain.com (non-local)
   To: :ml (local) -OK
20:32:12: Job MG0001F1:  from post42master@somedomain.com (non-local)
   To: user1 (local) -OK
   To: user2 (local) -OK

Any help is appreciated!

Best regards,
Lars Iversen
0
googlelarsiversen
11/20/2003 8:00:26 PM
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow