Managing users with same names on different domains

I have a small number of users on a Mercury server.  The server needs to
serve mail from two different domains (e.g., domain1.com and domain2.com).
While I can set up Mercury's core configuration model to accept mail from
both domains, I can't seem to identify a method to manage users so that the
user name also includes the domain information.

So, if there is a johnsmith@domain1.com and a johnsmith@domain2.com , I have
only been able to set up one johnsmith mailbox . I cannot include the domain
name information with the user name to differentiate them.  I realize that I
could simply add unique identifiers to the names to separate them
(johsmith1, johnsmith2 etc), but for my application I need to have the names
be the same.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

0
Bob
6/29/2003 7:46:46 PM
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Thank you.  I did not understand how to properly use an alias to accomplish
this before your post.  Now I do.

Bob

"Fox" <shadow.Sfox@Pworldnet.Aatt.Mnet> wrote in message
> Bob L proclaimed to the masses in <iIednQSLUPWO32KjXTWJiw@giganews.com>:
>
> > I have a small number of users on a Mercury server.  The server needs to
> > serve mail from two different domains (e.g., domain1.com and
domain2.com).
> > While I can set up Mercury's core configuration model to accept mail
from
> > both domains, I can't seem to identify a method to manage users so that
> > the user name also includes the domain information.
> >
> > So, if there is a johnsmith@domain1.com and a johnsmith@domain2.com , I
> > have only been able to set up one johnsmith mailbox . I cannot include
the
> > domain
> > name information with the user name to differentiate them.  I realize
that
> > I could simply add unique identifiers to the names to separate them
> > (johsmith1, johnsmith2 etc), but for my application I need to have the
> > names be the same.
> >
> > Any ideas would be appreciated!
>
> Use your unique identifiers and aliases:
>
> johnsmith@domain1.com == johnsmith1@domain1.com
> johnsmith@domain2.com == johnsmith2@domain2.com
>
> Mercury resolves aliases before anything else.
>
> --
> Shadowfox - BOFH, AAS, CNE | Spammers are the weakest link!
> Please do not throw sausage pizza away.    |     TINLC#2035
> http://www.the-foxhole.org/block.htm  --  Use with caution!
> You have the right to remain silent.  Anything you say will
>           be misquoted and then used against you.

0
Bob