Mercury user wrong MX

HI,

I am testing Mercury. How can I fake a MX Record? He uses the MX record
from our internal DNS Server but this is wrong when using mail from inside
to inside. I have no administative control about the DNS server. Mercury
has to send the mail direcly to our internal notes server.

Greetings
Rick
0
Richard
7/11/2003 10:11:23 AM
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Richard Gotthold" <RickG@myfaz.net> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> I am testing Mercury. How can I fake a MX Record? He uses the MX record
> from our internal DNS Server but this is wrong when using mail from inside
> to inside. I have no administative control about the DNS server. Mercury
> has to send the mail direcly to our internal notes server.
>
> Greetings
> Rick

If I understand the problem correctly, and he is using a Windows machine, I
would say you should add an entry in his HOSTS file. These resolutions are
checked before going out to a DNS query.

Tom

0
Tom