Migrating Pegasus to new PC/operating system

I'm running Pegaus Mail 4.12a on a Windows 98SE PC.  I've been using
and upgrading Pegasus Mail through about 6 versions now.

Soon I'll be getting a new PC running XP-Pro.  I'd like to do a
"clean" install of 4.12a and import ONLY my settings (Options,
Internet Options, Mail filtering rules, etc.) and my messages/folders
from my old PC. I've noticed files like W32-301B.LOG that I don't
think are needed anymore.  In other words, I'd like to leave all the
unused remnants of previous versions behind.

I guess my big questions are:

* Which non-program files (ie, configuration & mail) are used by the
current version of Pegasus?

* Are there enough remnants to make it worth the trouble to "clean
house"?

Thanks,
--Don
0
galoot53
7/9/2003 9:59:22 PM
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Never mind.  I found this link, which describes the files used by Pegasus in detail:

http://pegasus252.tripod.com/ext.htm

Looks like more work than it's worth.

galoot53@yahoo.com (Don Hyams) wrote in message news:<cec75733.0307091359.3b1a9459@posting.google.com>...
> I'm running Pegaus Mail 4.12a on a Windows 98SE PC.  I've been using
> and upgrading Pegasus Mail through about 6 versions now.
>
> Soon I'll be getting a new PC running XP-Pro.  I'd like to do a
> "clean" install of 4.12a and import ONLY my settings (Options,
> Internet Options, Mail filtering rules, etc.) and my messages/folders
> from my old PC. I've noticed files like W32-301B.LOG that I don't
> think are needed anymore.  In other words, I'd like to leave all the
> unused remnants of previous versions behind.
>

> I guess my big questions are:
>
> * Which non-program files (ie, configuration & mail) are used by the
> current version of Pegasus?
>
> * Are there enough remnants to make it worth the trouble to "clean
> house"?
>
> Thanks,
> --Don
0