No attachment names showing....?

Hi, in the attachements pane, I used to be able to see the attachment
filename, now it is gone and the only column showing in that pane is
the attachement type....any thoughts? TIA

comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

F <here@home.com> wrote:

> Hi, in the attachements pane, I used to be able to see the
> attachment filename, now it is gone and the only column showing
> in that pane is the attachement type....any thoughts? TIA

I don't know if this is the problem, but do you see the "splitter"
(a thin, gray, horizontal line or bar that divides the window into
two parts)? Perhaps it is up to far, and you have to drag it back
down.

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
0
Stephen
11/5/2009 5:38:33 PM
No... I don't think that's it...I can see the horizontal splitter, but
not a vertical one, one that would show an attachment 'name column.

Puzzling....maybe have to reinstall?

F <here@home.com> wrote:

> No... I don't think that's it...I can see the horizontal
> splitter, but not a vertical one, one that would show an
> attachment 'name column.
>
> Puzzling....maybe have to reinstall?

I assume you have the horizontal splitter pulled down far enough.

Does the heading box (or whatever you call it) "Type" go all the
way from left to right? I see the following headings, each in its
own little rectangle or box:

Type | File name | Description | ~Size | [Blank]

The blank one doesn't actually say "Blank," it just is blank.

If Type is the only one visible, and there are no splitters, can
you put the cursor at the right end of the Type heading box (or
whatever you call it) and pull it to the left, to make it smaller,
and perhaps reveal the others?

You might also try posting in the group

comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows

It's fairly dead, but I think there are a few more people reading
it than this group, which is theoretically for Mercury.

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
0
Stephen

Mail not showing attachments
Hi group, I've recently run into strange situation of Mail.app not showing the attachments in the message view window anymore. I see the attachments in the message list column but they are not shown in the bodies. Of course I can see them in the source view but this does not help. Also I can save them from the menu. They just disappeared from the message view. Usual tricks of trashing the prefs, the Mail folder (with backup!) etc. didn't help. Any clues to that? In article <3fd60d8e$1@news.inet.com.pl>, silverdr <silverdr@inet.remove.it.pl> wrote: > Hi group,...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only :) one such directory? Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, if so remove it. It is possible that this may break other applications (e.g. Mutt). Hopefully it won't. Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: > > :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems > :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both > :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is > :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only > :) one such directory? Eduardo Chappa wrote: > Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, No. The directories are not...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to ".mail/". Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". > Change "mail/" to ".mail/". This is great! Thanks Eduardo!! I'll never change from Pine. That's for sure. > http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I would like to change my email when using mailinglists. The only thing Pine now needs is a way to use PGP/GPG as attachments...=) Hugs, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any :) effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I :) would like to change my email w...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ > How to do that? If everything else fails: - delete mail - create a symlink: ln -s .mail mail On 18 Aug 2005, Holger Marzen wrote: > * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > >> I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ >> How to do that? > > If everything else fails: > > - delete mail > - create a symlink: ln -s .mail mail What Holger wrote should work, but it's cleaner to change where Pine looks for mailboxes. I discuss this on my Power Pine page in this section: Setting Up IMAP, NNTP, and Local Collections <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/#setCollections> Let us know if you have any questions. Hope this helps, Nancy -- Nancy McGough ~ <http://www.ii.com> ~ <http://deflexion.com> IMAP, pine, procmail, data deflexion, infinity, and more >...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Device that has internet, e-mail, & e-mail attachments
I have a client who asked me to find a "Palm Pilot" like device (basically any device that's roughly the size of a palm pilot) that would allow him to wirelessly surf the internet, access his e-mail, as well as open e-mail attachments, especially Word, Excel, and PDF. Does anything like this exist? Any suggestions are highly appreciated, Harry -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Tungsten T3, Sony UX-50, Blackberry and Pocket PC devices amongst others. The biggest problem with Palm devices is that unless you have an application that can use the attachement you won't be able to open it. For Word, Excel and PDF this is not a problem. Other file types may be an issue. TC "Harry Muscle" <fake@AT@e-mail.com> wrote in message news:3fbbb434$1_6@corp.newsgroups.com... > I have a client who asked me to find a "Palm Pilot" like device (basically > any device that's roughly the size of a palm pilot) that would allow him to > wirelessly surf the internet, access his e-mail, as well as open e-mail > attachments, especially Word, Excel, and PDF. Does anything like this > exist? > > Any suggestions are highly appreciated, > Harry > > > > > -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- > http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 ...

Exporting Eudora mail *with* attachements (Eudora -> Mozilla mail)
For compatibility reasons (I'm using a dual-boot PC with Linux and Windows, and found a way to share Mozilla (1.7.2) between both platforms)I've moved away from Eudora over to Mozilla to handle all my mail needs. I've found a (cumbersome and slow) way to import Eudora MBOX format mailboxes into Mozilla, but this doesn't include attachements. In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message itself, encoded in BASE-64. How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so they'll be available in Mozilla as well? -- Hallvard Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: > In Eudora each message seems to have a file-path which points to the > attachement, while in Mozilla the attachement is included in the message > itself, encoded in BASE-64. > > > How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so > they'll be available in Mozilla as well? > > Hi. Try this plugin http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/plugins.htm#exporter -- mailto:bujenovicAThotmail.com http://brana.users.sbb.co.yu/index Brana Bujenovic wrote: > Hallvard Tangeraas <inv@lid.email> wrote in > news:4178ef3a$1@news.broadpark.no: >> How can I convert Eudora mailboxes to include the attachements, so >> they'll be ...

function to isolate the e-mail host from an e-mail name
Hi. Sorry if this is an old question, but.... i have a table that includes an e-mail address in a query, i would like to create two columns with expressions for the hostname and the username. what function(s) would i use to split the e-mail address to what comes before the @ and what comes after? thanks, Larry - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown." Try Instr() to find location of the @ symbol in the email address, then Left() and Right() to extract the text eg. Assuming @ will always exist..... username = Left([myEmail], InStr("@", [myEmail])-1) hostname = Right([myEmail], Len([myEmail]) - Instr("@", [myEmail]) Or something like that! :) -- Bradley Software Developer www.hrsystems.com.au A Christian Response www.pastornet.net.au/response "bender" <larry@netgeexdotcom> wrote in message news:gj0g209heb6djs1p3uas2r1hr8q1qmhh82@4ax.com... > Hi. Sorry if this is an old question, but.... > > i have a table that includes an e-mail address > > in a query, i would like to create two columns with expressions for > the hostname and the username. > > what function(s) would i use to split the e-mail address to what comes > before the @ and what comes after? > > thanks, > > Larry > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > "Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown." ...

Inbox doesn't have mails, webclient shows mails
Hi, I am unable to see any emails in my inbox. However, the webclient for the same account shows me all my emails. 95% of the time, I use MS Outlook Express as the email client using its IMAP server. I donot understand why I am not able to see emails in my inbox. The only thing I see are the new mails. ie. if I login remotely onto the server, I don't see any emails, but during the period I am logged in, if I get any mails, I can see them. I tried seeing the configuration settings and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Atleast I didn't change anything. Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks, Prem. On 16 Jun 2006 19:19:07 -0700, premgrps@gmail.com <premgrps@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am unable to see any emails in my inbox. However, the webclient > for the same account shows me all my emails. 95% of the time, I use MS > Outlook Express as the email client using its IMAP server. > I donot understand why I am not able to see emails in my inbox. The > only thing I see are the new mails. ie. if I login remotely onto the > server, I don't see any emails, but during the period I am logged in, > if I get any mails, I can see them. Some of the mail clients copy all mails to a local folder and delete them on the server. Check Outlook Express for any setting indicating this. Andreas Thanks, but I am using an IMAP server, not POP which does that. Even if I use POP, I set it to "leave messages on server". Tha...

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

Only show new mail tray icon on non-filtered new mail
Now that regulars have given me the answer to my only make a sound when non-filtered out messages land in my inbox (woohoo!) my next problem to tackle with Eudora 4.2.0.58 is the tray icons. Specifically, when new mail comes in, the little icon pops up in the tray to indicate as such. Is there a way to make that only come up if the new mail hasn't been filtered out (i.e. SPAM that gets trashed, etc.) I've tried several settings in the filters like specifying the Notify User option then clearing the checkboxes for everything, and choosing the Make Status option then picking Read. Any help much appreciated. -- Daniel In article <Uuhob.19$U2.8@news.randori.com>, a@b.com says... > Now that regulars have given me the answer to my only make a sound when > non-filtered out messages land in my inbox (woohoo!) my next problem to > tackle with Eudora 4.2.0.58 is the tray icons. Specifically, when new > mail comes in, the little icon pops up in the tray to indicate as such. > Is there a way to make that only come up if the new mail hasn't been > filtered out (i.e. SPAM that gets trashed, etc.) No -- Over and Out Daniel Jacobson Daniel Jacobson wrote: > In article <Uuhob.19$U2.8@news.randori.com>, a@b.com says... > > >>Now that regulars have given me the answer to my only make a sound when >>non-filtered out messages land in my inbox (woohoo!) my next pro...

the script hangs up when i try to send mail with attachments using MAIL::Sender...???
As said in the topic... when i try to send an e-mail message using Mail::Sender the script hangs up before execution of $sender -> OpenMultipart(...); don't know what to do... when i run my script without any files attached it works but with them it doesn't .... Bob OK, I've dealed with the problem by myself... It's the clue: While using Mail::Sender never manipulate $/ and $\ variables.... the script will hang up every time... BoB kenzo_@gmx.de U�ytkownik "Robert Trzaskowski" <robert@hoffmanowa.pl> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:bg9jlf$1af$1@news.onet.pl... > As said in the topic... > when i try to send an e-mail message using Mail::Sender the script hangs up > before execution of > > $sender -> OpenMultipart(...); > > don't know what to do... when i run my script without any files attached it > works but with them it doesn't .... > Bob > > ...

Out of the blue: Pegasus crashes when opening mails with attachments
This happened practically synchronously here on two Win7-systems yesterday, one 32 bit home premium, the other 64 bit pro. Pegasus 4.51 /4.61 Both run on D: in \root\PMAIL Both had a 0kB sized cnm file dated yesterday afternoon (same name) in their mail folders which I purged (the 0kB-files). Both show the behaviour now that Pegasus crashes whenever certain mails with attachments are opened. This applies also to older messages. Other messages, all without attachments, and some with attachments, can be opened normally. The crash-mails could be opened before without any prob...

Mail 2.1, two PBG4s, synchronizing mail and mail problems
Here's the sitch: PBG4 w/broken screen, running an external (duh) Samsung monitor. This is my shop PB, it's currently masquerading as an immobile desktop. PBG4 all fixy-fix. Mostly keep at home, but also on the road. LaCie 320GB external Firewire drive. backup at shop (used Migration Assistant to copy the shop PB's system (10.4.7), apps, and docs to the FireWire drive) Two mail accounts -- one on each PB -- both of which accounts dump into Mail 2.1, on both PBs. With me so far? *I'm* already lost... Problem one: Is there a way -- besides signing up with .Mac -- that I can synchronize the mail on both machines? Failing that, is there a way -- besides doing it message-by-message -- to save the text and attachments from new mail messages? Problem two: Though by all means I can understand, both PBs are set up exactly the same way and certainly the mail prefs are the same, when I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at home, it opens Firefox to the correct page, just like it ought to do, but if I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at the shop, the mail window flashes once, but nothing opens. Both PBs are set up with Firefox as the default browser. What in the ding-dong am I doing wrong? Thanks! Bart Brown ...

I use Pegasus Mail to filter E-mail and block spam for FREE, all spam.pnp updates posted here!
I was using Pegasus Mail in the 90's and recently decided to look at it again. The author's web site is http://www.pmail.com and he has continued its development into something incredibly useful. Most amazing of all is that he keeps it free by only selling the documentation.. Anyway, in addition to its neat automatic spam content filter, you can create and utilize custom filters which will in fact filter everything and do so on the server side, if you tell it to. I figured it all out in one night using the HELP INDEX included with Pegasus Mail. The filter file I...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM ...

Mail and attachments
I have noticed an odd bit of behavior with my system and forwarding email that come in with attachments. I am running the latest version of pretty much everything under OS X V10.3.2 on a G5. When an email comes in with a bunch of jpg attachments mail opens them up just fine in an in line display. When I forward the mail it gets really strange. I found out because a couple of recipients took the time to tell me about it. What seems to be happening is that mail duplicates each of the jpg files as a tiff file. I saved one as a draft message and then opened it up. The attachment list at th...

ABOUT MAIL WITH ATTACHED
hi everybody: anybody know how i can send a mail with a attached, any class?... i am using htmlMimeMail-2.5.1 ....but the file arrived is corrupt....any answer?..help me please. Hello, On 05/20/2004 02:25 AM, fcespede wrote: > anybody know how i can send a mail with a attached, any class?... i am > using htmlMimeMail-2.5.1 ....but the file arrived is corrupt....any > answer?..help me please. You may want to try this other class that can compose and send MIME messages with attachments and certainly does not corrupt the files that are sent: http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage -- Regards, Manuel Lemos PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP http://www.phpclasses.org/ PHP Reviews - Reviews of PHP books and other products http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/ Metastorage - Data object relational mapping layer generator http://www.meta-language.net/metastorage.html "fcespede" <franciscocespedes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<c8hffv$h1i@odbk17.prod.google.com>... > hi everybody: > > anybody know how i can send a mail with a attached, any class?... http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/ -- | Just another PHP saint | Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com ...

Mailing Attachments
I've got an app which creates one or more output files. The users want to e-mail the files once the export is complete. The output file names and locations are not fixed. They want to choose the recipient from their Outlook address book and then type in a message before the message is sent. My first idea was to use mailto and crank up a blank message with the files already attached, but the protocol doesn't support attachments from what I've been able to tell. I guess could build my own message entry screen, then use MAPI to send the message with the attachments, but that seems like I'm reinventing the wheel. Maybe I could script something in Outlook, but getting an app installed and working on all their variations of Outlook and Outlook Express isn't too appealing either. What simple solution am I missing? kenwebster@carolina.rr.com (Ken Webster) wrote: >I've got an app which creates one or more output files. The users want >to e-mail the files once the export is complete. The output file names >and locations are not fixed. > >They want to choose the recipient from their Outlook address book and >then type in a message before the message is sent. > >My first idea was to use mailto and crank up a blank message with the >files already attached, but the protocol doesn't support attachments >from what I've been able to tell. > >I guess could build my own message entry screen, then use MAPI to send >the...

How to hightlight the mail from mailing lists
Hello everyone. I have lots mails from a mailing list (lets take help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org for example). So I want to have a clearer view of them. I've looked up the manual already, seems that I should add this to my .muttrc: color index foreground background pattern But what does "pattern" mean? Should I replaced it with the address or a regexp or something else? Thanks a lot. -- Fear is the path to the Darkside. Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to suffering. Corsair wrote: > What does "pattern" mean in "color i...

Problem with mails from mailing lists
The details: A DMZ server with a real domain name and ip. Distro is Debian unstable, Sendmail version is 8.13.4 and kernel is 2.6.10. Server is also MX for the domain. All mail for the domain goes to 1 user and fetchmail POP3's the mail to the internal Exchange 2003 server. The config files: /etc/mail/sendmail.mc define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.12.11-5 2004-04-22 15:43:34 cowboy Exp $') OSTYPE(`debian')dnl DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl LOCAL_CONFIG FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> /etc/...

Web resources about - No attachment names showing....? - comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc

Attachment theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attachment theory describes the dynamics of long-term relationships between humans . Its most important tenet is that an infant needs to develop ...

Facebook Allowing Page Admins To ‘Refresh Share Attachment?’
Facebook appears to have given page administrators the option of refreshing links that they share in posts on their pages . continued... New ...

Chronik-Fotos - Mama Bean - Unconditional Attachment - Facebook
Graphic design students at the University of North Texas asked this inspiring mama, Monica, to be the face of their ad campaign. The campaign ...

New Facebook Messages Only Provides an Online Attachment Viewing Feature for Microsoft Docs
In another move highlighting Facebook’s strategic relationship with investor Microsoft, the company has given the established office software ...

App Store - Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload ...
Get Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload files to cloud storage(Dropbox, Box, and G Drive), ...

Detach from Attachments! - YouTube
གློག་འཕྲིན་བརྒྱུད་ནས་ཡིག་ཆ་བགོ་འགྲེམས་མ་བྱེད། ཡིག་ཆ་བདེ་འཇགས་ལམ་ནས་བགོ་འགྲེམས་བྱེད་པར། Dropbox.com དང་ Ge.tt ཡང་ན་ GoogleDocs སོགས་བེད་སྤྱོད་ཐོངས། ...

Invention of the Day: New ‘Alternative’ Gun Attachment May Prevent Shooting Deaths
The Ferguson Police Department is testing out a new device which they think might help prevent unnecessary shooting deaths. “The Alternative” ...

100th anniversary of Anzac landings brings home strong attachments
The commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the Anzac landings draws our attention to events that so many of us have a strong attachment to. ...

iPhones - Is Our Attachment To Smartphones A Bad Thing?
They cater to our basic human hunger for connection, so is our attachment to mobiles such a bad thing?

Apple not encrypting email attachments in iOS 7, security researcher claims
Apple's Mail app in iOS 7 is failing to encrypt email attachments, leaving user data vulnerable to hackers, a security researcher claims.