Off topic: Web based emails hiding ISP addresses

I know this is off topic, but I couldn't think of where else to ask:
I've noticed that both gmail and hotmail don't show the IP addresses
of the sender's ISP anymore.  Yahoo still does it if you use the web
site, but if you use the smtp server, the e-mail only has a line with
the senders ISP if it goes to a non-yahoo.com domain.  (I know this
because I have an e-mail account at my old ISP and sent test messages
through this.)  Does anyone know why some mailers, including web based
ones, are hiding the addresses of ISP's?  Just curious.  Thanks.
0
Michael
7/20/2014 3:28:19 PM
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

 Have you tried comp.mail.misc?  They might know.  ( I don't).
0
RS

Apple Mail or web based mail?
My dsl isp's email address domain is sbcglobal.net, a rewrapping of yahoo account. So far I have been checkimg mail at their web site with safari. I have never used Apple Mail and was wondering it it would be better or more convenient in anyway? Can I download all the folders I have saved at sbc? All opinions appreciated but specially from people who have experience with sbcglobal email. Thanks. Newbie <newbie@no.spam> wrote: > My dsl isp's email address domain is sbcglobal.net, a rewrapping of > yahoo account. So far I have been checkimg mail at their web site with &g...

PHP Mail not sending mail to itnernal email address
Running a PHP mail script on Linux which has Exchange as the mail server. The script does not send mail to any internal email address but sends it to any other address outside its domain! Can somebody please help... Thanks Tanya www.bluent.co.in Hello, On 10/13/2003 03:29 AM, Tanya wrote: > Running a PHP mail script on Linux which has Exchange as the mail > server. > The script does not send mail to any internal email address but sends > it to any other address outside its domain! > Can somebody please help... If the message is not delivered, it is probably being rejected an...

Mail address only allowed for specific mail addresses
Hi, We have a normal mailgroup with a list of e-mail addresses which is configured with the normal :include:/path/to/textfile statement in the alias file. Now we want to restrict the list to the mailaddresses in the textfile. is this possible and if, are there some example rules for that? Thanks Oli Oliver Rahn wrote: > We have a normal mailgroup with a list of e-mail addresses which is > configured with the normal :include:/path/to/textfile statement in the > alias file. Now we want to restrict the list to the mailaddresses in the > textfile. See http://www.sendmail...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Mails sent mail to internal people are sent to their Internet mail address
Hi. When people in our company send mail messages to others in our company's directory Lotus Notes sends directly to the Internet. Since our Domino server is not yet configured as an SMTP relay, our fellows use Notes 6 client to read their Notes mailbox and send mails directly to the Internet. They all have a pop3 account by our ISP that they must read from their Notes client. Our Domino R6 server is installed on a Linux machine on which I have no control. Notes R6 clients use replication to read their mail from their ISP pop3 account. I'd like Lotus Notes R6 clients to...

Mail hiding mail
hi! I am switching (maybe?) to Apple's Mail program. I like that Spotlight seems to have indexed some stuff I tried out there long ago having imported it from Eudora as a test. And Mail's searching is pretty fast, too. But... I just watched Mail grind away importing my old Netscape/Mozilla mail. As a test, I searched for a random word. It found a message, but when I looked at the message body it read, in italics: " The message from robert a moeser <ram@XXXXtiacYYYY.net> concerning �The measure of a cat...� has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take ...

How to trace whether spome valuable documents sent from office mail to hotmail / yahoo web based mails
Is there any software or using Linux Box, is there anyway to trace who sent any mails to web based mails like hotmail and yahoo mail. mailny some office documents can be sent to these web based mails. How to trace these things, recently started training center, kept lot of docs for the students, all these documents were collected by paid money. we are allowing students to use these docs as part of training, but we wanted to stop mails can sent to hotmail and yahoo, we provided e-mail access for students on all these Linux systems, appreciated for any idea, thanks in advance. You can filter/b...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Selecting from address based on the address the mail was sent to.
I would like to switch to Pegasus, but there’s one thing I wonder about: I get mail sent to different addresses. When I reply I would like the program to use the same from address as the mail was sent to. If the mail was sent to “primary@mydomain.com” I would like the “primary” identity to be chosen when I reply and “work@mydomain.com” to be the from address. Likewise if I reply to mail sent to “alternate@mydomain,com”. Will this work in Pegasus? It does in other mailers I have used (Opera M2. Eudora and The Bat!) in the past, but I am not able to find out if Pegasus can ...

Hiding e-mail address or using other address
How do I hide my e-mail address? I tried to use my Yahoo address but I can't send e-mail from Mt-newswatcher. a problem with Yahoo server. -- Uncle Bob,Composer/Artist/ Muller Marine Annapolis MD. U.S.A. http://www.toad.net/~crm/ http://uncle808us.mindsay.com In article <crm-6CE351.09355221042004@news.abs.net>, iBob <crm@toady.net> wrote: > How do I hide my e-mail address? I tried to use my Yahoo address but I > can't send e-mail from Mt-newswatcher. a problem with Yahoo server. Never mind I figured it out.. -- Uncle Bob,Composer/Artist/ Muller Marine A...

were are email-addresses stored in an open source based mail server like Cyrus-IMAP?
Hi I intend to switch to an open source based IMAP mail server. But if there is no way to "use" the already available mail-addresses currently stored in MS Outlook Express, there is little hope for that project.. My questions: 1. "Were" are email-addresses stored in a open source based IMAP server environment like Cyrus-IMAP? 2. Is the import of email-addresses stored in MS OE in a more or less automated way to that component* of a Cyrus-IMAP environment possible? Any tip is appreciated very much. Thank you and merry Christmas. Bill This is a MIME GnuPG-signed...

Some of my mail ends up at Earthlink web mail.
Hi all, Damage control never ends. I use Eudora 6.2. Windows XP. Auestion: why does some of my email end up in my ISP;s (Earthlink) 'Web Mail' box? Tks, Kramer Kramer Redding Medical Researcher at www.linkable.org ------------------- On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 03:30:16 GMT, Kramer <nemesis7@mindspring.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Damage control never ends. > >I use Eudora 6.2. Windows XP. Auestion: why does some of my email end >up in my ISP;s (Earthlink) 'Web Mail' box? IT all starts there. It's the same place. What you might...

Rejecting mail address to mail gateway
I have a mail gateway that accepts mail for a number of domains. The gateway handles incoming email only. Outgoing mail is delivered via a separate system. I've recently started to receive spam addressed to and in some cases from, users on the gateway. The gateway has no valid users. How can I stop sendmail 8.13 accepting mail addressed to the (non existant) gateway but still allow the gateway to accept mail to the doamin? Regards ER Hi snowyskiesau, I am likewise trying to limit the access to my mail gateway, and have accomplished some results. For your problem, if you are acceptin...

Web resources about - Off topic: Web based emails hiding ISP addresses - comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc

Postal addresses in the Republic of Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ireland is one of the few countries in the world, and the only EU country, that does not have a Postal code system. As of 2012, the Irish Government ...

New Beta Version Of Facebook For Android Addresses Several Bugs
Facebook announced the release of an updated Facebook for Android beta version 3.5 in a post in the Facebook for Android Beta Testers group. ...

The Rewards and Risks of Facebook Developer Access to User Phone Numbers and Addresses
Facebook has begun allowing developers to ask users for their mobile phone number and home addresses in a move that will show the best and worst ...

IPCC Chair Addresses Summit on Climate Change - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Rajendra Pachauri, Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), addresses the opening plenary session of the Summit on Climate ...

Jonathan Krohn Addresses CPAC - YouTube
more at cspan.org Jonathan Krohn at CPAC, February 27, 2009

Premier Li Keqiang addresses AIIB Board of Governors
Premier Li Keqiang addresses AIIB Board of Governors

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Addresses VP Exodus
Several prominent Twitter executives recently left the company, including senior vice president of product Kevin Weil — a key member of the Project ...

Skype to hide IP addresses by default, protecting gamers everywhere
Microsoft has rolled out a new version of the desktop Skype client that should make users of its service a little safer from denial-of-service ...

Microsoft is finally hiding Skype users' IP addresses by default better late than never
Microsoft is a curious company sometimes. Quite often, it offers wonderful products, but then fails to truly focus on the details. A great example ...

Cruz Addresses New York Times Loan Story at GOP Debate
Cruz Addresses New York Times Loan Story at GOP Debate