Pegasus 4.63

Been using various versions of Pegasus since 1995 ( on win 3.11).
Am now on V4.63 and win XP pro and have been for about 18 months.

Up until about a month ago my address book was sorted on the key.
It always opened up in that state on starting Pegasus.

Now it always opens up sorted on the name.
I have not changed any setting to my knowledge that would cause this.

I change it back to the key and save it but on the next startup of
Pegasus it's sorted on the name again.

Does anyone in this group know what would cause this and how to fix it
please.

Cheers,
                Phil H.
0
phil_irene
6/4/2013 11:51:54 PM
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

phil wrote:

> Been using various versions of Pegasus since 1995 ( on win 3.11).
> Am now on V4.63 and win XP pro and have been for about 18 months.
>
> Up until about a month ago my address book was sorted on the key.
> It always opened up in that state on starting Pegasus.
>
> Now it always opens up sorted on the name.
> I have not changed any setting to my knowledge that would cause
> this.
>
> I change it back to the key and save it but on the next startup of
> Pegasus it's sorted on the name again.
>

> Does anyone in this group know what would cause this and how to
> fix it please.

See  pmsort.exe in the Pegasus \Programs\ directory.

  PMSort: Create address book key-sort file for PMail 3.0
  Pegasus Mail System, Copyright (c) 1993, David Harris,
  All Rights Reserved.

     Usage:  PMSort <addressbook_file>

     Use PMSORT to create static index files sorted by
     key for very large address books which DO NOT CHANGE.
     The invariance is important, because PMail will use
     the key index file but will not maintain it.

e.g.
    pmsort book.pmr
    move /y abook.pm1 "book.pm!"
0
Guy
6/5/2013 12:24:00 AM
On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 23:51:54 GMT, phil_irene@inspire.net.nz (phil)
wrote:

>Been using various versions of Pegasus since 1995 ( on win 3.11).
>Am now on V4.63 and win XP pro and have been for about 18 months.
>
>Up until about a month ago my address book was sorted on the key.
>It always opened up in that state on starting Pegasus.
>
>Now it always opens up sorted on the name.
>I have not changed any setting to my knowledge that would cause this.
>
>I change it back to the key and save it but on the next startup of
>Pegasus it's sorted on the name again.
>

>Does anyone in this group know what would cause this and how to fix it
>please.
>
>Cheers,
>                Phil H.

Thanks Guys,
Problem solved.
I gradually dopped back versions till it worked.
Now on Ver 3.12c

It  seems that all later versions have this sort problem, at least for
me.
Cheers,
              Phil H.

0
phil_irene
6/5/2013 8:56:49 AM
On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 08:56:49 GMT, phil_irene@inspire.net.nz (phil) wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 23:51:54 GMT, phil_irene@inspire.net.nz (phil)
>wrote:
>
>>Been using various versions of Pegasus since 1995 ( on win 3.11).
>>Am now on V4.63 and win XP pro and have been for about 18 months.
>>
>>Up until about a month ago my address book was sorted on the key.
>>It always opened up in that state on starting Pegasus.
>>
>>Now it always opens up sorted on the name.
>>I have not changed any setting to my knowledge that would cause this.
>>
>>I change it back to the key and save it but on the next startup of
>>Pegasus it's sorted on the name again.
>>

>>Does anyone in this group know what would cause this and how to fix it
>>please.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>                Phil H.
>
>Thanks Guys,
>Problem solved.
>I gradually dopped back versions till it worked.
>Now on Ver 3.12c
>
>It  seems that all later versions have this sort problem, at least for
>me.

I'm using 4.21c, and have no problems.

It sorts on whichever header I click on - name, key, or phone.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com