Problems with Hotmail

I have a friend who uses a hotmail account -- hotmail, not outlook --
and she told me she got errors when she tried to write back to me.  I
orginate conversations on Yahoo's web site but have the habit of
replying to e-mails with a POP client, for years Eudora and now,
Pegasus.  So I wonder, is there something in e-mails sent by Pegasus
that Hotmail can't digest?  Or is it some other glitch my friend is
running into and Pegasus and Hotmail get along just fine?  Thanks.
0
Michael
7/4/2014 4:41:04 AM
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Odd problem MAIL and DECW$MAIL (sequential MAIL.MAI)
Alpha VMS 8.3 (ok, in fairness, this is after a disk problem, but bear with me !) My DECW$MAIL profile has 5 drawers. 3 of them point to other user's MAIL.MAI files. This worked fine for some time. Now, one of those user's mail files behaves badly. DOuble clicking on that drawer yields NOTHING. Right Click on the folder followed by "open in new window" crashes DEC$WINDOWS. From character cell mail, I can set file USRDIR:[user]MAIL.MAI and then perform DIR, read, and even delete with success. HOWEVER, DELETE takes a long time to complete but does complete. I can send...

Pegasus Mail or Pegasus Mail as 'Admin'

Mail 2.1, two PBG4s, synchronizing mail and mail problems
Here's the sitch: PBG4 w/broken screen, running an external (duh) Samsung monitor. This is my shop PB, it's currently masquerading as an immobile desktop. PBG4 all fixy-fix. Mostly keep at home, but also on the road. LaCie 320GB external Firewire drive. backup at shop (used Migration Assistant to copy the shop PB's system (10.4.7), apps, and docs to the FireWire drive) Two mail accounts -- one on each PB -- both of which accounts dump into Mail 2.1, on both PBs. With me so far? *I'm* already lost... Problem one: Is there a way -- besides signing up with .Mac -- that I ca...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM "FabienM" <FabienM@badadress.fr> writes: > how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? > that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... double-click on the bar which seperates the list of messages from the body ...

Problem with mails from mailing lists
The details: A DMZ server with a real domain name and ip. Distro is Debian unstable, Sendmail version is 8.13.4 and kernel is 2.6.10. Server is also MX for the domain. All mail for the domain goes to 1 user and fetchmail POP3's the mail to the internal Exchange 2003 server. The config files: /etc/mail/sendmail.mc define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.12.11-5 2004-04-22 15:43:34 cowboy Exp $') OSTYPE(`debian')dnl DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl LOCAL_CONFIG FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> /etc/...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM ...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Problem with mail.app not finding mail
I'm using Mail 4.1 on 10.6.1, and my wife is using Mail 2.1.3 on 10.4.11, so there's not an exact convergence. I have mine set up to get mail from our web host, and it works fine. I have Louise's set up to get mail from our Web host, and it doesn't work. My problem is that I have no clue how to diagnose the problem - which end it's on. As far as I can tell, I set both accounts up the same on our Web host (an external service, not run by us), and I've set both mail.app accounts up the same. How do I troubleshoot this? In article <231020091035146216%ralph@whitehous...

Yahoo mail problems
Hi, Noted that others have had problems with Yahoo mail. I sometimes simply do not receive emails - I am told they are sent, but I check my inbox, bulk and trash folder and they are nowhere to be found. This, though rarely, seems to happen with email sent from Latvian addresses - with .lv extension. Perhaps there might be some built in blocking in Yahoo mail? Funny thing is it is not constant - sometimes mail from an address will be delivered, and sometimes it won't. I see nothing in my filters that would cause the messages to fail to be delivered. I am even a paying user (yahoo mail p...

Problem with Mail,mail won�t send
My partner has a G4 with OS X 10.3.9. Recently lots of messages have refused to send from her Mail Outbox,resulting in the App beachballing/having to be ForceQuit. Sometimes she gets the following error message:- �This message could not be delivered and will remain in your Outbox until it can be delivered. Verify that you have addressed the msg correctly.Check smtp settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced setup with your system administrator�. I�ve tried the following things:- Repair permissions Zap PRAM Rebuild Mailboxes Tried trashing Mail prefs but when she tries to log in agai...

Pegasus Mail freezes when sending mail
Hello, We have Pegasus Mail version 4.41 set up on a Windows Network. The programs are run in workstation mode so that they are running the executables off the network. We are using a roaming profile. We have one particular computer that intermittently freezes up when sending mail. This workstation is a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine. The program becomes unresponsive (eternal hourglass), and even manually ending the program from task manager won't work. The person using this workstation tells me it seems to happen more when replying to messsages from a user than when ...

Mail junk mail filtering problem
I just started emailing photos from my cell phone to my home email address, but I'm finding that they all end up in the Junk folder. I added the email address to my Address Book. I have the preference set to exempt emails with sender from my Address Book. The Trust junk mail headers set by my ISP is off. I even have a rule that changes the color for all people that are in my Address Book. So these emails arrive color coded as being a known address, the from field actually shows my name from my address book, but still they keep showing up in my Junk email box. I've clicked Not J...

Pegasus Mail Problem
Problem: When I click on OPEN of any email or NEW MESSAGE, it takes over 30 seconds to open the window to view or create an email. I'm using version 4.21c but this problem also occurred with 4.12. Downloading and uploading functions are quick. These functions behave normally. I am using PMail on a new laptop with a wireless connection. One thing that I noticed was that whenever I open or create a new message, there is wireless traffic that is taking place. Once that traffic stops, the window will open for reading or editing. The traffic is definitely related to these...

Web resources about - Problems with Hotmail - comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc

Microsoft's underwater data center could solve some of the cloud's biggest problems
Microsoft may have found a solution for some of the cloud computing industry’s biggest problems by moving its clouds under the sea. The Redmond ...

The problem of money is not what it used to be.
"Jeb Spends $2,884 Per Iowa Vote."

New York City has a subway slashing problem
Man slashed in face on Harlem train platform was the 6th victim of a similar attack this year; more than one suspect arrested, yet attacks continue ...

Bernie Sanders: Hillary Clinton Is ‘The Problem’
Clinton is the 'the problem' for House Democrats

The 5 Biggest Problems With 'The Division' Beta
'The Division' beta isn't without its problems.

Utah has a problem with porn
Utah has a problem with porn

A Fire-Resistant Bag Is a Non-Solution to the Exploding Hoverboard Problem
An Australian company believes its come up with a way to finally make hoverboards safe —or at least safer. But instead of addressing the issue ...

Review Reveals Problems Protecting Workers From Pesticides
An AP review reveals that the pesticide-safety system designed to protect farmworkers is riddled with problems

Wendy Davis Has A Problem With Donald Trump's Sexism, And It's Not With Trump
One of the most consequential moments of the Republican presidential primary happened to come during the first major debate, when Fox News' Megyn ...