f



Worm in an email crashes Pegasus!!!

An idiot friend sent me a message which he said contained a worm.  He also
said that NAV
had failed to catch it. I am running the latest NAV and don't know whether
it is aware of it.

Whenever I touch this email in Pegasus v4 it gives a message like "Too many
lines" and Peg closes.

Anyone know how to delete this file?

TIA

Rua




0
Madra
6/30/2003 11:48:14 PM
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc 1751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

7 Replies
284 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

> Whenever I touch this email in Pegasus v4 it gives a message like "Too many
> lines" and Peg closes.

Open Windows explorer and find the offending email in your mail box and 
delete it manually

-- 
----------------------------------------
Quantum Illusions: http://quantum.2ya.com
Pegasus Mail Support Site: http://pegasus.quantum.2ya.com
Freeware Site: http://freeware.quantum.2ya.com

If you truly want to contact me click the link
http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

0
Bebop
7/1/2003 12:38:31 AM
Fred, you're a pal :-).

Number 1 was the perfect solution. I wonder how somebody could come up with
a solution like that. Must have taken light years of trial and error :-)

Many thanks.

Rua

"Fred Viles" <fv+abuse@nospam.epitools.com> wrote in message
news:02dbedc76d8850c13ec1dc161292d524@free.teranews.com...
> "Madra Rua" <ZZZ@ZZZ.net> wrote in
> news:2%3Ma.72399$Io.6798880@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net:
>
> >...
> > Whenever I touch this email in Pegasus v4 it gives a message
> > like "Too many lines" and Peg closes.
>
> Sounds like you are using Preview (three pane) mode, and there's
> some bogus HTML in that message.
>
> > Anyone know how to delete this file?
>
> In increasing order of effort:
>
> 1. Select the message via right-click rather than left-click, which
> will pop up a context menu rather than previewing the message.
> Ignore the menu, click <Delete>.
>
> 2. DOUBLE-click the folder containing the message in the folders
> list (left hand pane), this opens the folder in its own window.
> Now you can select the message and delete it without opening it.
>
> 3. Disable Preview mode (Click the <List> button).  In the now
> single pane Folders window... (option 2).
>
> 4. If the message is in the New Mail folder, find and delete the
> .CNM file as suggested by B&R.
>
> - Fred
>
>


0
Madra
7/2/2003 3:15:34 PM
Thanks B.R.

I had visited the mailbox but all I could see was numbered files. Is there
any way to identify
the file where the message is?

TIA

Rua

"Bebop & Rocksteady" <spam@me.not> wrote in message
news:Xns93AB81A2EC1F7spammenot@203.96.92.12...
> > Whenever I touch this email in Pegasus v4 it gives a message like "Too
many
> > lines" and Peg closes.
>
> Open Windows explorer and find the offending email in your mail box and
> delete it manually
>
> --
> ----------------------------------------
> Quantum Illusions: http://quantum.2ya.com
> Pegasus Mail Support Site: http://pegasus.quantum.2ya.com
> Freeware Site: http://freeware.quantum.2ya.com
>
> If you truly want to contact me click the link
> http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
>
>


0
Madra
7/2/2003 3:23:31 PM
"Madra Rua" <ZZZ@ZZZ.net> wrote in
news:qGCMa.74957$Io.7030076@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net: 

> Fred, you're a pal :-).
> 
> Number 1 was the perfect solution. I wonder how somebody could come up
> with a solution like that. Must have taken light years of trial and
> error :-) 
> 

I've had more problems recently with bad messages crashing Pegasus.  It 
seems to me that this shouldn't happen but, in the mean time, I've stopped 
using preview mode.  At least then, after the crash, I can forward the 
message to SPAMCOP and delete it without it re-crashing Pegasus.

Bill W
0
Bill
7/4/2003 2:28:03 AM
I'm back Fred for more info. Hope you have the time :-)

I just Read Consumer Reports (Aug 2003), which has an extensive article on
spam.

"If your email program has a Preview pane, disable it to prevent the spam
from reporting to its sender that you have received it"

Is it possible that Pegasus reports in this way?   I can imagine OE doing
that.

TIA

Rua


"Fred Viles" <fv+abuse@nospam.epitools.com> wrote in message
news:02dbedc76d8850c13ec1dc161292d524@free.teranews.com...
> "Madra Rua" <ZZZ@ZZZ.net> wrote in
> news:2%3Ma.72399$Io.6798880@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net:
>
> >...
> > Whenever I touch this email in Pegasus v4 it gives a message
> > like "Too many lines" and Peg closes.
>
> Sounds like you are using Preview (three pane) mode, and there's
> some bogus HTML in that message.
>
> > Anyone know how to delete this file?
>
> In increasing order of effort:
>
> 1. Select the message via right-click rather than left-click, which
> will pop up a context menu rather than previewing the message.
> Ignore the menu, click <Delete>.
>
> 2. DOUBLE-click the folder containing the message in the folders
> list (left hand pane), this opens the folder in its own window.
> Now you can select the message and delete it without opening it.
>
> 3. Disable Preview mode (Click the <List> button).  In the now
> single pane Folders window... (option 2).
>
> 4. If the message is in the New Mail folder, find and delete the
> .CNM file as suggested by B&R.
>
> - Fred
>
>




0
Madra
7/6/2003 11:11:47 PM
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:11:47 GMT, "Madra Rua" <ZZZ@ZZZ.net> wrote:

> I'm back Fred for more info. Hope you have the time :-)
> 
> I just Read Consumer Reports (Aug 2003), which has an extensive article on
> spam.
> 
> "If your email program has a Preview pane, disable it to prevent the spam
> from reporting to its sender that you have received it"
> 
> Is it possible that Pegasus reports in this way?   I can imagine OE doing
> that.
> 
> TIA
> 
> Rua
> 
> 
No, Pegasus Mail does not download any external sources ("web bugs",
images) nor execute scripts when opening an HTML message. And to be
absolutely sure you may also want to disable sending read confirmations.

			Michael

-- 
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
0
Michael
7/7/2003 4:45:28 AM
"Michael in der Wiesche" <idw.nospam.doc@t-online.de> wrote in message
news:aguhgvokiml30qm2nsj79poti8lllb3k9u@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:11:47 GMT, "Madra Rua" <ZZZ@ZZZ.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm back Fred for more info. Hope you have the time :-)
> >
> > I just Read Consumer Reports (Aug 2003), which has an extensive article
on
> > spam.
> >
> > "If your email program has a Preview pane, disable it to prevent the
spam
> > from reporting to its sender that you have received it"
> >
> > Is it possible that Pegasus reports in this way?   I can imagine OE
doing
> > that.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Rua
> >
> >
> No, Pegasus Mail does not download any external sources ("web bugs",
> images) nor execute scripts when opening an HTML message. And to be
> absolutely sure you may also want to disable sending read confirmations.
>
> Michael
>
> --
> PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
> PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>


Thank you Michael.

That is very comforting information.

Rua


0
Madra
7/8/2003 3:54:05 PM
Reply: