Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail?

I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages
including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished
some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in
the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope
that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is
there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out
from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored,
if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the
folder tree any longer, but I have to save the archive somehow.

---Jarkko---
0
jarkko (1)

On 07 Oct 2009, Jarkko Set�l� <jarkko@eiroskaa.setala.fi> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> I have a message folder in Pmail 4.31 with around 500 mail messages
> including file attachmentsrelated to a work project that has finished
> some weeks ago. What would be the best way to archive the messages in
> the folder? Schould I leave the folder in the folder tree and hope
> that the Pmail message hierarchy system will not be corrupted, or is
> there a way to put all the messages, with attachments included, out
> from Pmail and store them to a CD-ROM, and they can then be restored,
> if needed, for some reason later? I don't need the folder in the
> folder tree any longer, but I have to save the archive somehow.

Right-click on the folder and choose "Folder information...". Note the
file name. Close down Pegasus.

Find the two files in your home mail directory with that name and the
extensions .PMM and .PMI. Those are the data and index files for that
folder. Archive them to CD-ROM. After that, you can delete the folders
from within Pegasus if you want. If you later want to access the
folder, simply copy them back from the CD-R to your home directory
(make sure the files are not marked "read only", as they sometimes are
after having been stored on CD). When you start up Pegasus, it will
detect the folder files, and the folder will be listed in the folder
tree.

I seem to recall that there can be a conflict if the friendly folder
name is not unique, IOW, if there is another folder with that name,
Pegasus can become confused. This would be in issue for folder like
"Copies to Self" or "Main", but it's easy to avoid if you're careful.
0
Nil
10/8/2009 3:45:03 AM
Thank you, it succeeded, I copied the folder to another location and
deleted it from the folder tree and then I restored it by copying the
files back to Pmail folders location, and "voila", there it was. I
schould have tried it earlier but I did not know that Pmail will pick
folders that are copied from outside to the folders location
automatically to the folder tree. I thought Pmail will leave them
outside the tree if they are not created within Pmail. :)

---J---
0
ISO
10/8/2009 8:08:00 AM
On 08 Oct 2009, Jarkko Set�l� <jarkko@eiroskaa.setala.fi> wrote in
comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows:

> Thank you, it succeeded, I copied the folder to another location and
> deleted it from the folder tree and then I restored it by copying the
> files back to Pmail folders location, and "voila", there it was. I
> schould have tried it earlier but I did not know that Pmail will pick
> folders that are copied from outside to the folders location
> automatically to the folder tree. I thought Pmail will leave them
> outside the tree if they are not created within Pmail. :)

You're welcome. Keep in mind that the folder tree becomes visually
corrupt for some reason (not that this operation would do it), all you
need to do is delete HIERARCH.PM and Pegasus will rebuild it on start-
up. You will lose any sub-folder structures, though.
0
Nil

Using Pegasus Mail from multiple computers; archiving mail folders
I currently use Pegasus Mail for Windows (XP Professional) from my laptop. I put the mail in a root directory c:\Mail. I am thinking of adding a desktop computer and using my existing laptop much less frequently; I would copy over c:\Mail to a drive on the desktop that could be shared, say d:\Mail, and have a few questions: * I know I'd have to edit pmail.ini to point to d:\Mail . * When I am local and able to access d:\Mail, there should be no problem as long as I have only one client open at a time, I believe. But say that I am remote, perhaps on a trip, and want to use Pegas...

PGP Extension for Pegasus Mail 6.2.7.0 [required for Pegasus Mail 4.5] released
Version 6.2.7.0 / 6-2009 (13.06.2009): ATTENTION: This update is required for the extension to work properly = with Pegasus Mail v4.5! The most important change is a new send option ("all in one message") = which may be selected via the entries beginning with "***" in the encryption dialog. Some minor adjustments to PGP 9.7 - 9.10, a new option for displaying the local time on Pegasus Mail's status bar and a way for synchronizing the system time with a timeserver are included as well. Additionally the following bugs have been fixed amongst others: - E...

Archiving mail from mail.app
I need to save just every mail I receive and be able to search the archive. Mail.app's search capabilities are pathetic at best. I've searched around and found some AppleScript's that do some manner of import into FileMaker database, but they are limited in file size and capability to deal with attachments. I currently create new mailboxes with old mail to keep the mailbox from growing too huge, but am still stuck with poor search features. Otherwise, I am quite happy with Mail.app (Jaguar) and prefer to keep it. Does anyone have practical solutions for dealing with large ...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ > How to do that? If everything else fails: - delete mail - create a symlink: ln -s .mail mail On 18 Aug 2005, Holger Marzen wrote: > * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > >> I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ >> How to do that? > > If everything else fails: > > - delete mail > - create a symlink: ln -s .mail mail What Holger wrote should work, but it's cleaner to change where Pine looks for mailboxes. I discuss this on my Power Pine page in this section: Setting Up IMAP, NNTP, and Local Collections <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/#setCollections> Let us know if you have any questions. Hope this helps, Nancy -- Nancy McGough ~ <http://www.ii.com> ~ <http://deflexion.com> IMAP, pine, procmail, data deflexion, infinity, and more >...

Archive a Pegasus mail folder
I have a few mail folders which I wish to keep the mail therein somewhere else as it's clogging up the system but need to keep the mails. - one folder has 821 in it - somw tih large attachements.... Is there a way of archiving certain folders somewhere else (copy the actual pmail files), so I can "free" pegasus of these but copy them back in if I need to? Using PM4.12a advTHANKSance 3ff727b7.1422250@169.100.100.5, Tym <no_spam@ictis.net>: > I have a few mail folders which I wish to keep the mail therein > somewhere else as it's clogging up t...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to ".mail/". Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". > Change "mail/" to ".mail/". This is great! Thanks Eduardo!! I'll never change from Pine. That's for sure. > http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I would like to change my email when using mailinglists. The only thing Pine now needs is a way to use PGP/GPG as attachments...=) Hugs, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any :) effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I :) would like to change my email w...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only :) one such directory? Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, if so remove it. It is possible that this may break other applications (e.g. Mutt). Hopefully it won't. Eduardo http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/ > *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: > > :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems > :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both > :) directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is > :) there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only > :) one such directory? Eduardo Chappa wrote: > Do you have a simbolic link between Mail and mail?, No. The directories are not...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. DeliveryMode=deferred -- Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN 2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/ ...

I use Pegasus Mail to filter E-mail and block spam for FREE, all spam.pnp updates posted here!
I was using Pegasus Mail in the 90's and recently decided to look at it again. The author's web site is http://www.pmail.com and he has continued its development into something incredibly useful. Most amazing of all is that he keeps it free by only selling the documentation.. Anyway, in addition to its neat automatic spam content filter, you can create and utilize custom filters which will in fact filter everything and do so on the server side, if you tell it to. I figured it all out in one night using the HELP INDEX included with Pegasus Mail. The filter file I...

groupwise access of pegasus mail messages
is there a way to have a groupwise client access the CNM files generated by pegasus mail netware-mode messages...? In comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc on Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:11:02 -0500, "Jeff McNabney" <jm@ksk.ca> wrote: >is there a way to have a groupwise client access the CNM files generated by >pegasus mail netware-mode messages...? Nope, You can create a filter rule in WinPMail to forward all mail to a groupwise account though. -- Han van den Bogaerde - jaabogae@caiw.nl Member of the Pegasus Mail Support Group My own Pegasus Mail related web...

Configuring windows withiin Pegasus Mail
On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, I used to get 3 windows: - list of messages in New Mail folder - list of folders - window onto whatever message was selected in first window Now I only get first two windows. If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on my last session). How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? On 22 Dec 2003 08:30:49 -0800, ggrothendieck@volcanomail.com (Grod) wrote: >On Pegasus Mail 4.12a (version of Jun 19 2003) on Windows 2000 Pro, >I used to get 3 windows: > >- list of messages in New Mail folder >- list of folders >- window onto whatever message was selected in first window > >Now I only get first two windows. > >If I unselect save desktop in Tools>Options>Basic Settings then I >only get the first window (although ctrl-L gets me the second) and >if I select it I get the first two (provided they were showing on >my last session). > >How do I get all three and have them show up when I enter Pegasus? With the folders list window active, click the preview mode button (the fourth one along). If it doesn't show up in your window, there should be a little green arrow at the far right of the folders toolbar, click it to scroll and press the butt...

Setting up Pegasus Mail for Windows for intranet use only
Hello, I am trying to set up Pegasus Mail for Windows on a MS Windows based network. The "server" machine or machine used to store the messages is on a Win98SE box. I am a bit confused in the setup of this system and have the following questions. 1. I have set up the Pegasus Mail on the "server" PC with no problems. It starts asking about SMTP and POP3 server. Do I need these? 2. Do I need Mercury? I am setting up a simply email system inhouse with about 5 or 6 users. There is and should be no connection to the outside Internet world through this email sy...

Mail 2.1, two PBG4s, synchronizing mail and mail problems
Here's the sitch: PBG4 w/broken screen, running an external (duh) Samsung monitor. This is my shop PB, it's currently masquerading as an immobile desktop. PBG4 all fixy-fix. Mostly keep at home, but also on the road. LaCie 320GB external Firewire drive. backup at shop (used Migration Assistant to copy the shop PB's system (10.4.7), apps, and docs to the FireWire drive) Two mail accounts -- one on each PB -- both of which accounts dump into Mail 2.1, on both PBs. With me so far? *I'm* already lost... Problem one: Is there a way -- besides signing up with .Mac -- that I can synchronize the mail on both machines? Failing that, is there a way -- besides doing it message-by-message -- to save the text and attachments from new mail messages? Problem two: Though by all means I can understand, both PBs are set up exactly the same way and certainly the mail prefs are the same, when I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at home, it opens Firefox to the correct page, just like it ought to do, but if I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at the shop, the mail window flashes once, but nothing opens. Both PBs are set up with Firefox as the default browser. What in the ding-dong am I doing wrong? Thanks! Bart Brown ...

mail.app gives odd message for received mail
Today when I attempted to read some incoming mail I received the following instead of the normal message contents: The message from [...] <[...]@hotmail.com> concerning �[...]� has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take this account online in order to download it. The [...] is where identifying information has been elided. The actual message included the identity of the sender, the sender's address, and the title of the message. This has now happened in conjunction with the last half-dozen messages sent to me by this one party. Messages from other persons are b...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003?
How to convert Pegasus mail from Netware to Windows Server 2003? We cannot read email by Pegasus in Windows after copy the email folder from Netware Server. Server information: The Mercury (NLM version 1.48) The Mercury (Win32 version 4.01a) ...

how do backup deliver to smtp server mail or copy all mail forward a mail account?
thanks! a wrote: ISP & MX > thanks! Anytime Wolfgang ...

Problem with mails from mailing lists
The details: A DMZ server with a real domain name and ip. Distro is Debian unstable, Sendmail version is 8.13.4 and kernel is 2.6.10. Server is also MX for the domain. All mail for the domain goes to 1 user and fetchmail POP3's the mail to the internal Exchange 2003 server. The config files: /etc/mail/sendmail.mc define(`_USE_ETC_MAIL_')dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc, v 8.12.11-5 2004-04-22 15:43:34 cowboy Exp $') OSTYPE(`debian')dnl DOMAIN(`debian-mta')dnl LOCAL_CONFIG FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access.db')dnl FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')dnl FEATURE(`genericstable',`hash /etc/mail/genericstable.db')dnl GENERICS_DOMAIN(`domain.com')dnl FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl FEATURE(`virtusertable', `hash /etc/mail/virtusertable.db')dnl FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl FEATURE(`use_ct_file')dnl FEATURE(`redirect')dnl FEATURE(`smrsh')dnl define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `authwarnings,novrfy,noexpn,restrictqrun')dnl FEATURE(`mailertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable.db')dnl FEATURE(`domaintable', `hash -o /etc/mail/domaintable.db')dnl Cwserver.domain.com MASQUERADE_AS(`domain.com')dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`domain.com')dnl define(`confSEPARATE_PROC', `True')dnl define(`confMAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN', `12')dnl define(`confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE',20000000)dnl MAILER_DEFINITIONS MAILER(local)dnl MAILER(smtp)dn...

Release mail in the Mail.box
Hello, I'm knid of new to Notes admin, I have some mail in the mail.box waiting to go out. Is there a way I can force the messages to go out? I had some firewall issues, but the firewall issues are taken care of and now I need to get the mail out. Thanks, d ...

Mail hiding mail
hi! I am switching (maybe?) to Apple's Mail program. I like that Spotlight seems to have indexed some stuff I tried out there long ago having imported it from Eudora as a test. And Mail's searching is pretty fast, too. But... I just watched Mail grind away importing my old Netscape/Mozilla mail. As a test, I searched for a random word. It found a message, but when I looked at the message body it read, in italics: " The message from robert a moeser <ram@XXXXtiacYYYY.net> concerning �The measure of a cat...� has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take ...

Web resources about - Archiving mail messages outside Pegasus Mail? - comp.pegasus-mail.windows

Picture archiving and communication system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic images and reports are transmitted digitally via PACS; this eliminates the need to manually file, retrieve, or transport film jackets. ...

Facebook Introducing Archiving of Campaigns, Ad Sets, Ads Sept. 19?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing alerts in Ads Manager informing them that they will be able to archive campaigns , ad sets and ads, ...

Archiving Early America on the App Store on iTunes
Get Archiving Early America on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

3.5" floppy-disk archiving machine, out of Lego Mindstorms - YouTube
This machine archives 3.5" floppy disks automatically. I built it using Lego Mindstorms, Android, Fedora, and Python. Watch. It strips a disk ...

Archiving website Storify to get Arabic translation thanks to Gulf volunteers
Device allows social media stories to be saved for posterity. DUBAI // A popular social-media archiving site will soon be available with an Arabic ...

In Search of the Long-Term Archiving Solution —Tape Delivers Significant TCO Advantage over Disk - ARN ...
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Facebook Introducing Archiving of Campaigns, Ad Sets, Ads Sept. 19?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing alerts in Ads Manager informing them that they will be able to archive campaigns , ad sets and ads, ...

Mysms, Evernote Team Up on Text Message Archiving Service
... notebook that you can sync and access across multiple devices and platforms. “We were always looking to integrate with a partner for archiving ...

IRS contracted with email archiving company in 2005
... according to FedSpending.org , which lists the contract as being for "automatic data processing services." Sonasoft's motto is "email archiving ...

Glympse for Android update brings Evernote archiving
Glympse is an app that allows you to share your current location with others. The nice part of Glympse is how this is all handled on your terms. ...