2.10 compile error on OS X 10.8.2

(Sort of) first-time (Al)pine user here. (I tried to use Alpine when I was younger but never used it after.) I seem to be having some trouble with compiling 2.10 under OS X 10.8.2:

  "_sk_OPENSSL_STRING_num", referenced from:
      _get_x509_subject_email in libpith.a(smkeys.o)
  "_sk_OPENSSL_STRING_value", referenced from:
      _get_x509_subject_email in libpith.a(smkeys.o)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [alpine] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

From what I gather, it's a problem that is related with openSSL. When I use the `file` command on the openssl binary, it says that it has both i386 (x86) and x86_64 architectures. Do I need to install a newer version of openSSL? I use Homebrew.

Thanks.

--
Mark Seymour
0

Le 26 f�vrier 2013, mark.seymour.ns@gmail.com a �crit :

>  "_sk_OPENSSL_STRING_num", referenced from:
>      _get_x509_subject_email in libpith.a(smkeys.o)
>  "_sk_OPENSSL_STRING_value", referenced from:
>      _get_x509_subject_email in libpith.a(smkeys.o)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[4]: *** [alpine] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

:-D Look at the thread I started a few days ago: exactly the same errors.

> From what I gather, it's a problem that is related with openSSL. When I
> use the `file` command on the openssl binary, it says that it has both
> i386 (x86) and x86_64 architectures. Do I need to install a newer
> version of openSSL? I use Homebrew.

I think you need a newer version of *development files* (ssl.h in
particular). Update the relevant package to v1.0.0 . That's what solved
the problem in my case.

--
LL
0

OS X 10.2.3 to 10.2.8 Install Problems
I recently installed the OS 10.2.8 Update Combo onto a Mac G4, which was previously running OS 10.2.3. After installing the Update Combo, I can't view anything on the computer?!?!?!? I tried rebooting the computer several times, but the computer just goes to a blank desktop window. No menu commands and desktop items are viewable. I restarted the computer holding down the X key and rebooting from a system disk, but nothing. I tried reinstalling the system, but the hard drive isn't present when trying to select a drive to install the system onto. I was able to run disk repair, but ...

MacPython 2.2 on Mac OS X 10.3.8
I have a user who is is having trouble getting MacPython on his OS X 10.3.8 system. When he runs ConfigurePythonCarbon, he gets this error: [terminated] 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback traceback )most recent call last): File "Moes:SWdev:Jack:Python2.2:Mac:script:configurePython.py", line 11 , in ? Import error: No module named os I have had no trouble on my system (same version). What can cause this? -Paul Paul Miller wrote: > I have a user who is is having trouble getting MacPython on his OS X > 10.3.8 system. > > When he runs Configure...

Uninstalling PinePico-4.58-SSL-10.2.pkg on Mac OS X 10.2.8
How to uninstall PinePico-4.58-SSL-10.2.pkg on Mac OS X 10.2.8? I could not find such information at <http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/index.html>. Please, note that I do not know about Unix commands. I am just a Mac user. I have downloaded it from <http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/> and then <http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/pinepico.html>. I have seen <http://www.washington.edu/pine/> I installed it thinking that it was a client eMail application that would allow me to check with a true Mac OS X Aqua interface my eMail...

Upgrading from 10.2 to 10.2.8 #2
I just reinstalled OS X 10.2 after my OS X 10.2.8 got corrupted. When I attempt to upgrade using "software update" button on system preferences, I continue to get error message. It seems that it is trying to upgrade, in one step, from 10.2 to 10.2.8. I seem to remember ther being at least one or two intermediate steps of upgrades in the process. Any suggestions? What upgrade steps are needed? 10.2.1, 10.2.4????? Any help us much appreciated. I can not run a key program at less than 10.2.6 Thanks. In article <4fGSb.9575$2J1.5133@fe1.texas.rr.com>, Paul Rutner <...

Ann: ActiveDeveloper 2.16 released for Mac OS X 10.3 10.2 #2
ActiveDeveloper 2.16 released for MacOS X 10.3 and 10.2 Our "Develop & Continue" Objective-C & C IDE and Debugger Your companion for Cocoa, WebKit, and QuickTime. With its "Develop & Continue" ActiveDeveloper takes an Object and Development oriented approach to merging Objective-C Development and Debugging into ONE single combined activity - as opposed to the more Debugging and C stack level oriented approach taken in Xcode. ActiveDeveloper version 2.16 is integrated with the new Xcode IDE similar to how it has worked in concert with Projec...

XCode (2.4.1) Linking issue, wx 2.8.6, OS X 10.4.10, GCC4.0
Platform: Mac mini - intel dual core. I'm working through the examples in the "Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets" books and I'm stuck on an XCode linking issue. The demos on the base wxMac code base build and work fine. So I know it's the XCode setup. I can't find the entry where the libraries are described. I've setup XCode using the wx-config --cxxflags and wx-config --libs When building the minimal code example in chapter two, the build completes and goes to the link stage where: "Linking /Volumes//u01/work/wx - example...

reinstall of OS 10.2
I'm reinstalling my operating systems. Does it matter whether I install OS X or 9.2.2 first? Is there a certain order that they should be installed in? Thanks. -- TLD TLD <TLD2@tld.tld.invalid> wrote: > I'm reinstalling my operating systems. Does it matter whether I install > OS X or 9.2.2 first? Is there a certain order that they should be > installed in? Thanks. It makes no difference. -- Mike Rosenberg <http://www.macconsult.com> Macintosh consulting services for NE Florida <http://bogart-tribute.net> Tribute to Humphrey Bogart ...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler...

OS X 10.2.8 and OS 9.x
After a crash I did a clean install of OS X 10.2.0 on a new hard disk, and then updated it to OS X 10.2.8. Well, I just realized that OS 9.x did not get installed. QUESTION. How do I install OS 9.x? What disk should I use? My Jaguar installation set consists of 2 CDs. Did I miss something? [obviously I did, but what] BTW, it says something about my usage that it took 2 months for me to realize that OS 9.x was missing. Thanks! Best regards, Paul Paul Nevai <2me@PaulComputing.com> wrote: > After a crash I did a clean install of OS X 10.2.0 on a new hard disk, and > then updated it to OS X 10.2.8. Well, I just realized that OS 9.x did not get > installed. > > QUESTION. How do I install OS 9.x? What disk should I use? My Jaguar > installation set consists of 2 CDs. > > Did I miss something? [obviously I did, but what] > > BTW, it says something about my usage that it took 2 months for me to realize > that OS 9.x was missing. :) You didn't miss anything. Mac OS 9 is not part of the Mac OS X install. If you have software restore disks for your computer, it may be part of that; if not, it has to be obtained separately. It can be obtained cheaply if you have Panther: http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/ m. -- matt neuburg, phd = matt@tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/ AppleScript: The Definitive Guide http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005571/somethingsbymatt Read TidBITS! It's free and smart. http://www.t...

recvfrom(2) error on OS X 10.3.2
I'm working on a new DRb protocol, and intermittently get the following error when running the client sample: ntalbott@jacob:~/cvs/drbfire$ ruby -v -I lib sample/client.rb ruby 1.9.0 (2004-01-15) [powerpc-darwin] ./lib/drb/drbfire.rb:213:in `recv': Invalid argument - recvfrom(2) (Errno::EINVAL) from ./lib/drb/drbfire.rb:213:in `recv_signal_id' from ./lib/drb/drbfire.rb:58:in `initialize' from ./lib/drb/drbfire.rb:108:in `new' from ./lib/drb/drbfire.rb:108:in `open_server' from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.9/drb/drb.rb:72...

Compiling on OS X 10.2.8
I'm not getting sound on the compile (fink libraries are in /sw/ and I'm configuring to pick those up). Is there a configuration option that will get this to work or is sound just not possible with Mac OS X 10.2.8 (I'm using a beige G3 so upgrading to Panther is not easy). -- Rebecca Ore ...

Upgraded from OS X 10.1.5 to 10.2.8 and now OS 9 won't boot
System: Powermac 9600/300 upgraded with Sonnet PCI G4/400MHz/1MB RAM: 448MB Disks: 4GB & 18GB Parititions: on 13GB: Slice 1 - OS X 4GB, Slice 2 OS 9 4GB, Slice 3 Userland 9GB When I ran OS X 10.1.5 I was able to boot between both OS9.1 and OSX. Last week I upgraded to 10.2 and applied the 10.2.8 combo upgrade in order to take advantage of performance improvements for Virtual PC 6.1. That was successful as VPC6.1 now has good performance and is adequate for running MS Office. Caveat: I can't boot to OS9. System Preferences->Startup Disk allows me to select the OS9 System Folder. Th...

Connect an old parallel HP LaserJet 6P printer to MacBook Pros (Mac OS X 10.5.8 and 10.8.2)?
Hello. My client would like to know if it is possible to connect his very old parallel HP LaserJet 6P printer to his MacBook Pros since inkjet printers' inks are expensive compared to old reliable and cheaper laser. I assume it would require an USB+parallel adapter to physically connect. Also, there are HP drivers for Mac OS X 10.5.x and older, but none for the newer ones like 10.8.2. :( Thank you in advance. :) -- "The ambitious one makes friends with the elephant, then tramples upon the ant." --Indian /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed. Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer. In message <BI2dnW0DCvEIkhvNnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d@earthlink.com> Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote: > Hello. > My client would like to know if it is possible to connect his very old > parallel HP LaserJet 6P printer to his MacBook Pros since inkjet > printers' inks are expensive compared to old reliable and cheaper laser. > I assume it would require an USB+parallel adapter to physically connect. It would be cheaper to buy a decent laser printer, and you'd get a scanner and duplex and faxing <spit> in the bargin. Oh, and...

Re: recvfrom(2) error on OS X 10.3.2
With regard to [ruby-talk:89962], I glanced through the code and it looks like a bug in ext/socket.c FUKUMOTO Atsushi fukumoto@nospam.imasy.or.jp Index: socket.c =================================================================== RCS file: /src/ruby/ext/socket/socket.c,v retrieving revision 1.110 diff -u -r1.110 socket.c --- socket.c 10 Jan 2004 17:52:38 -0000 1.110 +++ socket.c 20 Jan 2004 13:56:51 -0000 @@ -416,6 +416,7 @@ char buf[1024]; socklen_t alen = sizeof buf; VALUE len, flg; + long buflen; long slen; int fd, flags; @@ -430,13 +431,13 @@ ...

Compile error for 2.4.2 on MacOS X 10.3
Help... ;-) I'm trying to compile wxWindows v2.4.2 on MacOS X (10.3 7B85) and I'm getting this error: c++ -c -I./lib/wx/include/mac-2.4 -I../include -I../src/png -I../src/jpeg -I../src/tiff -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -no-cpp-precomp -fpascal-strings -I../src/mac/morefile -I/Developer/Headers/FlatCarbon -D__WXMAC__ -DWXMAKINGDLL -O2 -MMD -fno-common -Wall -dynamic -fPIC -o dc.o ../src/mac/dc.cpp .../src/mac/dc.cpp:1259: error: parse error before `<<' token .../src/mac/dc.cpp:1263: error: parse error before `short' make: *** [dc.o] Erro...

Mac OS X 10.2.8 worse then 10.1
I "upgraded" my G3 PowerMac from Mac OS X 10.1 to 10.2.8, mainly because I was able to get the install CDs extremely cheap and it means I can use a slightly newer web browser and newsreader. It's not noticeably any faster nor slower, but 10.2.8 is definitely a lot buggier. :-( - The display goes to sleep for no reason and the only way to get it back is to force a reboot. (I haven't had time to work out whether it only happens after using Classic, but does happen even if I have quit Classic.) - FileMaker Pro (under Classic) now ...

Upgrading from 10.2 to 10.2.8
I have an emac with 10.2 installed. Where can I download an updater to install 10.2.8 directly, or do I need to go through several incremental upgrades? Thanks, Alan In article <1f666183.0312240922.5804a4ea@posting.google.com>, ashuchat@wellesley.edu (Alan Shuchat) wrote: > I have an emac with 10.2 installed. Where can I download an updater to > install 10.2.8 directly, or do I need to go through several > incremental upgrades? > > Thanks, > > Alan www.apple.com Choose the "Combo" upgrade to take you directly to 10.2.8, bypassing earlier upgrades....

Ann: ActiveDeveloper 2.17 released for Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.2
ActiveDeveloper 2.17 released for MacOS X 10.3 and 10.2 Our "Develop & Continue" Objective-C & C IDE and Debugger Your companion for Cocoa, WebKit, and QuickTime. With its "Develop & Continue" ActiveDeveloper takes an Object and Development oriented approach to merging Objective-C Development and Debugging into ONE single combined activity - as opposed to the more Debugging and C stack level oriented approach taken in Xcode. ActiveDeveloper version 2.17 improves integration into the Xcode build system, and allows you to work in concert with...

Ann: ActiveDeveloper 2.14 released on Mac OS X 10.2/10.1
ActiveDeveloper 2.14 released for MacOS X 10.2 and 10.1 Our Incremental Objective-C & C IDE, JIT compiler and Debugger Your companion for Cocoa and now also QuickTime Along with Cocoa, ActiveDeveloper v2.14 now also work with QuickTime applications in Objective-C. There is a new QTMovie example implementing a simple QuickTime Movie Player - to show you how it works. ActiveDeveloper v2.14 also has the 3. release of the "ActiveDeveloper User Guide" incorporating most of the user feedback we have had so far and giving a new Sample 3 of Activating the QTMovie player...

[...]

OS 9.2.2 startup on OSX 10.2.8
I'm trying to set up a Mac user who has all pre OSX software on a new eMac. The system I own boots from 9.2.2, which is good because I get nothing but bombs and freezes when I try to work in Classic. However, the new eMac doesn't offer any OS 9.2.2 start up disk option in the system preferences. Is there a way to install this option? In article <79ac92f7.0311291932.7dbb406b@posting.google.com>, google@myenvoy.com (Bruce) wrote: > However, the new eMac doesn't offer any OS 9.2.2 start up disk option > in the system preferences. Is there a way to install this option?...

Web resources about - 2.10 compile error on OS X 10.8.2 - comp.mail.pine

Compile time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer science , compile time refers to either the operations performed by a compiler (the "compile-time operations"), programming language ...

Information Is Power: Facebook Develops ThreatData To Compile Data On Web Threats
Part of being able to combat malware, phishing, and other online threats is gathering and consolidating as much data on those threats as possible, ...

Credit Suisse compiles yuan winners and losers list: report
... the lowers. A list of Australian winners and losers from the decision by China’s government to devalue the renminbi has reportedly been compiled ...

Beijing residents compile own death toll in flooding
Beijing residents fed up with a lack of official updates are compiling their own death tolls for last weekend's deadly floods in the capital, ...

New report compiles 25 years of UFO sightings in Canada
A Winnipeg group called Ufology Research has compiled and analyzed reported sightings of UFOs across Canada over the last 25 years.

China to compile new edition of cancer atlas
China to compile new edition of cancer atlas People's Daily Online ... Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Center for Disease Control and ...

Googlers compile holiday search tips in rap video to help Santa with flight
Google is in full holiday swing (what, you haven't heard?). They just posted, on YouTube, a rap video that was put together by its employees, ...

Popular Dating Site Compiles 15 Stupid Reasons To Date A Lawyer
A new listicle describes a really horrible person to date and then says, "We think lawyers are probably this awful, go date them!"

Author Compiles Lively L.A. Times History Lesson
Long before Eli Broad , Rupert Murdoch and people willing to pay $140 million for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, there was Harrison Gray Otis ...

Japan, China compile written pledge to improve ties ahead of summit
Japan and China reached a rare written agreement on Nov. 7 to improve relations strained by a territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands in ...