Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?

Dear readers,

I have searched Google and read the FAQ at
http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/
but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail

Can anyone tell me, if that's possible?

Lots of love,
Janni

comp.mail.pine 2747 articles. 0 followers. mad.engineer (2) is leader. Post Follow

*** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...:

:) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at
:) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is
:) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail

Dear Janni,

Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection".
Change "mail/" to ".mail/".

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/
0
chappa (956)
12/10/2003 5:42:46 PM
> Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection".
> Change "mail/" to ".mail/".

This is great! Thanks Eduardo!!

I'll never change from Pine. That's for sure.

> http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/

Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any
effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I would
like to change my email when using mailinglists.

The only thing Pine now needs is a way to use PGP/GPG as attachments...=)

Hugs,
Janni

*** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...:

:) Excellent! I found this patch "Change your From Header without any
:) effort!". This is jst what I have been wanted for a long time, as I
:) would like to change my email when using mailinglists.

Dear Janni,

  Remember that you can have your From header available for you all the
time, without the need for the patch. You can have it available if you
configure Pine as follows:

default-composer-hdrs= From:
		       Attchmnt:

(I wrote that patch thinking of all the people that have to support Pine
in big environments and don't want to be bothered answering this question)

Have a nice day!

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/
0
chappa (956)
12/10/2003 9:08:13 PM
[snip]

> (I wrote that patch thinking of all the people that have to support Pine
> in big environments and don't want to be bothered answering this question)

Even better! =)

If you have time, I have some other questions:

(1) Is it possible to remove:

from the outgoing emails?

(2) Is it possible to change dead.letter to .dead.letter ?

(3) Can Pine make a copy of all incoming emails to another folder?

Hugs,
Janni

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Janni Jensen wrote:

:) (1) Is it possible to remove:
:)

Only the first one. Press M S C and "[X] disable-sender". In order to
change the way Pine generates the message-id you need to edit the source
code.

:) (2) Is it possible to change dead.letter to .dead.letter ?

Not without editing the source code. Take a look at the file os.h in
pine4.58/pine or os-lnx.h in pine4.58/pine/osdep.

:) (3) Can Pine make a copy of all incoming emails to another folder?

Not in any way I can think of. There is a feature of "filters" (press M S
R F), but they move the message, not copy it.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/
0
chappa (956)
12/11/2003 2:52:02 PM
> Only the first one. Press M S C and "[X] disable-sender". In order to
> change the way Pine generates the message-id you need to edit the source
> code.

The sender was the one that I would like to get rid of the most, so that's
great!

> :) (2) Is it possible to change dead.letter to .dead.letter ?
>
> Not without editing the source code. Take a look at the file os.h in
> pine4.58/pine or os-lnx.h in pine4.58/pine/osdep.

That was easy=) While I was at it I enabled pine.pwd aswell like so:
Edit the file "pine/pine.h" and add the following line to it:
#define PASSFILE "pine.pwd"

> :) (3) Can Pine make a copy of all incoming emails to another folder?
>
> Not in any way I can think of. There is a feature of "filters" (press M S
> R F), but they move the message, not copy it.

Getting 2 out of 3 is pretty good, not to mention the mail -> .mail and
being able to edit From:

Now I can't think of anything else I would like=)

Hugs and kisses,
Janni
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Janni Jensen wrote:

> > Only the first one. Press M S C and "[X] disable-sender". In order to
> > change the way Pine generates the message-id you need to edit the source
> > code.
>
> The sender was the one that I would like to get rid of the most, so that's
> great!

Depending on why you want to get rid of the message-id, the option
"scramble-message-id" might be of interest.

> > :) (2) Is it possible to change dead.letter to .dead.letter ?
> >
> > Not without editing the source code. Take a look at the file os.h in
> > pine4.58/pine or os-lnx.h in pine4.58/pine/osdep.
>
> That was easy=) While I was at it I enabled pine.pwd aswell like so:
> Edit the file "pine/pine.h" and add the following line to it:
> #define PASSFILE "pine.pwd"

If you just want to get rid of the dead.letter file (as opposed to hiding
it) then there is the option "quell-dead-letter-on-cancel".

> > :) (3) Can Pine make a copy of all incoming emails to another folder?
> >
> > Not in any way I can think of. There is a feature of "filters" (press M S
> > R F), but they move the message, not copy it.
>
> Getting 2 out of 3 is pretty good, not to mention the mail -> .mail and
> being able to edit From:
>
> Now I can't think of anything else I would like=)
>
> Hugs and kisses,
> Janni

It is remotely possible that "read-message-folder" or
"incoming-archive-folders" do something like what you are hoping for (or
not).

Steve Hubert <hubert@washington.edu>
Networks and Distributed Computing, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
0
hubert9174 (186)

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Mail
Is this happening to anyone else? Within the last week, Mail is suddenly dumping a LOT of messages into the Junk Mail folder. Do you know why this might be happening? Messages are going there that have previously gone to my Inbox. Just curious. -- Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle." A few pics from the Fair are here: http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller#100254 In article <barbschaller-277DF8.23293225102010@news.iphouse.com>, Melba's Jammin'...

Check Mail returns no mail when in fact there is mail
On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer (which connects directly to the DSL without utilizing the wireless connection). I can send mail from the laptop just fine using Eudora. I get no error...

Mail erases mail?
Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get it back? -- John Rethorst jrethorst at post dot com In article <noone-B571F2.18450825092004@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> wrote: > Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from > that account promptly disap...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical cop...

Junk mail in Mail
With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode, I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail remembers that, as if it were in training mode. On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to > training mode to tell Mail wha...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because ...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

change mail address in mail client
Hi, I try to change my mail address on default mail client on Solaris 8. Is it possible, Rgds, Vincent ...

PC Pine: How to change the default mail directory from c:\mail to x:\foo.bar -nt
Thanks. -- Peace Through Superior Firepower, Astroguy -- Famous Quotation from genius: "No you fucking lame ass homo, steam tanks can kill/attack anything in the game." - Scott (scottp@columbus.rr.com) - alt.games.warcraft (RoC) "A MK without his's mana is like a harmless little footman." - Dextr0 on replayers.com Check out http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/ and specifically http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/pc/#setEnvVars ...

Odd problem MAIL and DECW$MAIL (sequential MAIL.MAI)
Alpha VMS 8.3 (ok, in fairness, this is after a disk problem, but bear with me !) My DECW$MAIL profile has 5 drawers. 3 of them point to other user's MAIL.MAI files. This worked fine for some time. Now, one of those user's mail files behaves badly. DOuble clicking on that drawer yields NOTHING. Right Click on the folder followed by "open in new window" crashes DEC$WINDOWS. From character cell mail, I can set file USRDIR:[user]MAIL.MAI and then perform DIR, read, and even delete with success. HOWEVER, DELETE takes a long time to complete but does complete. I can send...

Web resources about - Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ? - comp.mail.pine

Name change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For name changes within the Wikipedia community, see Wikipedia:Changing username . For name changes of places rather than persons, see Geographical ...

House Science Committee takes up climate change again
... about climate science and the Paris agreement. Tuesday saw yet another congressional science committee hearing on the topic of climate change. ...

Biggest Technology Change In The Next Five Years
... at Upfront asked a number of well known VCs (me included) a bunch of questions. One of them was “What will be the biggest technology change ...

It looks like the iPhone 7's design won't change very much
The iPhone 7 will reportedly look very similar to the iPhone 6s, according to a report from MacRumors . Earlier reports have focused on the ...

Tim Duy's Fed Watch: "Resisting Change?"
From Tim Duy: Resisting Change? Bottom Line: Fischer is clearly less confident than earlier this month when he claimed that market participants ...

Lawmakers call for change after "60 Minutes" report on questionable cash
After watching Steve Kroft's 60 Minutes story, members of Congress say it shouldn't be so easy to conceal ownership of companies

George Clooney on diversity: ‘I couldn’t change the race on Edward R. Murrow’
... films.” He knows he could do more: “You’ve never done enough. I’ve directed five films, and four of them were historical, so I couldn’t change ...

Antiperspirant, Deodorant Can Change Body's Bacteria
The routine of slicking on antiperspirant or deodorant may be good for your social life, but bad for your microbial life.

Success of Streaming Music Pushes RIAA to Change Award Policies
The RIAA is now including streaming audio and video streams in determining Gold and Platinum album sales for musical artists.

How The Super Bowl Uses Big Data To Change The Game
This year marks the 50th year of the Super Bowl, and plenty has changed since the first time teams duked it out for the national title. Players ...