Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?

Hi,

I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ):

1.  I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up
to this moment,
     I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet;
     e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33
2.  But I can not reply to the above email address
3.  I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port
     143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost
143.
     I installed the service imapd and ipop3d..

What is the problem and how to solve them ?

The error messages:

Message from  yahoo.com.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<bensonei@203.194.23.33 >:
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too
long.

--- Original message follows.

Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:32:43 +0800 (CST)
From: =?big5?q?Lei=20Benson?= <bensonlei@yahoo.com.hk>
Subject: Re: test
To: bensonei@203.194.23.33

test
teset
setset
sets
reply

0
greenb (54)

Benson Lei <greenb@netvigator.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ):
>
> 1.  I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up
> to this moment,
>      I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet;
>      e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33
> 2.  But I can not reply to the above email address
> 3.  I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port
>      143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost
> 143.
>      I installed the service imapd and ipop3d..
>

> What is the problem and how to solve them ?
>

> The error messages:
>
> Message from  yahoo.com.
> Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).
>
> <bensonei@203.194.23.33 >:
> Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)
> I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too
> long.
>
> --- Original message follows.

> Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:32:43 +0800 (CST)
> From: =?big5?q?Lei=20Benson?= <bensonlei@yahoo.com.hk>
> Subject: Re: test
> To: bensonei@203.194.23.33
>
> test
> teset
> setset
> sets
> reply

Please do not begin a new thread if it is just a further posting to the
the problem/question!

Alexander

P.S. See my other reply.

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany
PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999

How do I configure sendmail to recognize my SMTP server, so that I can send mail with mutt?
I'm trying to convert to Mutt, but can't get it to send mail. The problem is how sendmail's set up. How can I point send mail to smtp-server.blah.blah? Naota -- naSota@tPampabay.rAr.cMom - > (remove capital letters: SPAM) ...

unable to forward mail from 1 sendmail server to another sendmail server
Hi, i have a setup like this: box A ---> box B ---> sends to the world. sendmail, solaris 9. what is happening is as follows: Application on box A generates mail (for the users, who can be from anywhere) forwards it to box B which sends it out. The box A is forwarding mail to box B, only for the users of the domain, ie if there is a user is having a gmail id the mail is NOT forwarded from box A ----> box B. If i do a nslookup on gmail on box A it resolves properly. XXXXXX Message 2: >From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Oct 26 12:14:26 2005 Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> To: <amit@www.domainname.com> MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure) This is a MIME-encapsulated message --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com The original message was received at Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) from localhost [127.0.0.1] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <amitka@gmail.com> (reason: 550 Host unknown) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 550 5.1.2 <amitka@gmail.com>... Host unknown (Name server: mailhost.domainame.com: host not found) --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com Content-Type: message/delivery-status Reporting-MTA: dns; www.domainname.com Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost Arrival-Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) Final-Recipient: RFC822; amitk...

Hi all, Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd like sendmail to just send out mails but when it receives mails, it should forward it to our pop server. should we use mailertable for this or some other method? thanks for any info ike lozada schrieb: > Hi all, > > Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) > Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd > like sendmail to just send out mails but when it receives mails, it > should forward it to our pop server. should we use mailertable for > this or some other method? yes, we do that too. Just enter your domain in the mailertable, but on the receiving side there must be a mta, too, of course. So both servers should be running, e.g. sendmail. the pop server has to allow relaying of the smtp server, too. Keep your receiving server in brackets in the mailertable entry to prevent dns lookups, like so yourdomain.com smtp:[internalserver.internaldomain.com] Tim Tim Aden <corrodan@netcologne.de> wrote in message news:<c08rl4$3ft$1@newsreader2.netcologne.de>... > ike lozada schrieb: > > > Hi all, > > > > Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) > > Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd > > like sendmail to just send out mails but when...

Cant send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
I use the netstat to get the following information: tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32768 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:32769 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:109 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:110 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:143 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 1747 /tmp/.font-unix/fs7100 How to solve them, so that my sendmail can send and receive email ? Thank you Benson Lei wrote: > I use the netstat to get the following information: > > > tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:32768 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN > tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:32769 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN > tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:109 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN > tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:110 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN > tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:143 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN > tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN > tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN > tcp 0 0 127.0.0...

Best way to send mail from sendmail server?
Hey all; I've got a sendmail (8.13.4) box primarily relaying from the outside to a number of inside locations. Problem is, this box also sends mail out itself, mostly reporting and such. Now any mail it generates is coming from "user@localhost" which resolves (naturally) to 127.0.0.1. I can add localhost to the access DB and it works fine, but I'm wondering if this is really the ideal way of doing things. Is there a way I can rewrite the sender domain from localhost to domain.com, or even host.domain.com? Thanks, Colin Colin B. wrote: > I've got a sendmail (8.13.4) box primarily relaying from the outside to > a number of inside locations. Problem is, this box also sends mail out > itself, mostly reporting and such. Now any mail it generates is coming > from "user@localhost" which resolves (naturally) to 127.0.0.1. I can add > localhost to the access DB and it works fine, but I'm wondering if this is > really the ideal way of doing things. Is there a way I can rewrite the > sender domain from localhost to domain.com, or even host.domain.com? Recomended way: Make "hostname --fqdn" report host.domain.com as fully qualified domain name of "this host". -- Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@priv.onet.pl anfi@xl.wp.pl All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Andrzej Adam Filip <anfi@priv.onet.pl> wrote: > Colin B. wrote: &...

How can I configure sendmail to be a back up ( failover ) mail server
1. I want to configure sendmail to be a back up server that can back up all the emails ( whatever the users ) of the domain. 2. Whenever the email server is up, all backed-up emails will be forwarded from the backup server to the email server, and the backup email does not keep backups. Thank you ...

sending mail via ISP replay server (solaris, sendmail)
I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is smtp.comcast.net ..incoming is mail.comcast.net and my email is myemail@comcast.com. Thnk you very much you want to look at the SMART HOST section in your sendmail.mc file Cheers Buff Z wrote: > I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 > How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via > my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is > smtp.comcast.net ..incoming is mail.comcast.net and my email is > myemail@comcast.com. Thnk you very much > On 2005-04-20, Z <zsh99@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 > How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via > my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is > smtp.comcast.net ..incoming is mail.comcast.net and my email is > myemail@comcast.com. Thnk you very much At /usr/lib/mail/cf/submit.mc you'll find FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]')dnl Change this to FEATURE(`msp', `[smtp.comcast.net]')dnl Then do "make submit.cf" and copy it to /etc/mail and restart sendmail with "svcadm refresh smtp" Regards, Ville Jorma ...

mail delivery to sendmail smtp server ,it can make a copy ?
sendmail 8.12.8 on Redhat 9.0 My sendmail smtp server is ready to sendout .All client sendout mail delivery to smtp server .I want delivery to smtp server all mail make a copy and forward to mail account (root@domain.com) check it . garycheung wrote: > sendmail 8.12.8 on Redhat 9.0 > > My sendmail smtp server is ready to sendout .All client sendout mail > delivery to smtp server .I want delivery to smtp server all mail make a copy > and forward to mail account (root@domain.com) check it . > > Please see the faq for the answer to your question. "G. Roderick Singleton" <gerry@pathtech.org> ??? news:RkT6b.898$G1.5676@tor-nn1.netcom.ca ???... > garycheung wrote: > > sendmail 8.12.8 on Redhat 9.0 > > > > My sendmail smtp server is ready to sendout .All client sendout mail > > delivery to smtp server .I want delivery to smtp server all mail make a copy > > and forward to mail account (root@domain.com) check it . > > > > > > Please see the faq for the answer to your question. > What link of the answer G. Roderick Singleton wrote: > garycheung wrote: > >> sendmail 8.12.8 on Redhat 9.0 >> >> My sendmail smtp server is ready to sendout .All client sendout mail >> delivery to smtp server .I want delivery to smtp server all mail make >> a copy >> and forward to mail account (root@domain.com) check it . > > Please see ...

Can't move mail from Sendmail Server to workstation
Hello, I'm running Sendmail 8.12.11 on a RedHat 9 box I can send and receive mail when seated directly at the Sendmail/RedHat box I can send mail outfrom my XP Professional workstation to the Sendmail/Redhat Box using the mail client and Sendmail sends mail out OK. But, when mail comes in and is placed in /var/spool/mail mailbox, and I try to get that mail using the mail client, I get a "connected" message but nothing happens. Did I define the wrong delivery agent ? Do I need to define another one ? Any help would be appreciated. Here's my mc file : VERSIONID(`Red Hat Linux 9')dnl OSTYPE(`linux')dnl DOMAIN(`lin-nett.com')dnl undefine(`UUCP_RELAY')dnl undefine(`BITNET_RELAY')dnl define(`confCF_VERSION', `8.12.11')dnl define(`confDEF_USER_ID', ``8:12'')dnl define(`confTO_QUEUEWARN', `3h')dnl define(`confTO_QUEUERETURN', `3d')dnl define(`confTO_CONNECT', `2m')dnl define(`QUEUE_DIR', `/var/spool/mqueue')dnl define(`STATUS_FILE', `/etc/mail/statistics')dnl define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/mail/aliases')dnl define(`confQUEUE_SORT_ORDER', r)dnl define(`confUSERDB_SPEC', `/etc/mail/userdb.db')dnl define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `authwarnings,novrfy,restrictqrun')dnl define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl define(`confSMTP_MAILER', `esmtp')dnl define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS', `procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u')dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Name=MTA'...

Can sendmail relay mail for one domain to 2 servers
How can i configure mailertable to relay mail for domain.com to 2 internal mail servers... Right now i have: domain.com relay:[10.1.0.1] how can i make it relay to 2 servers? SullivanInsy wrote: > How can i configure mailertable to relay mail for domain.com to 2 > internal mail servers... > > Right now i have: > > domain.com relay:[10.1.0.1] > > how can i make it relay to 2 servers? doc/op/op.me describes a solution using colons to define a "fake" MX setup: "If the mailer is the built-in IPC mailer, the host may be a colon-separated list of hosts that are searched in order for the first working address (exactly like MX records)." Haven't tried this by myself, but there has been a thread about this in April 2003. -- Marco Senft TTG - Technische Treuhand GmbH http://www.t2g.ch/ Use name instead of IP_address domain.com relay:[relay_server.domain.com] and in DNS use two A record of relay_server.domain.com (round robin) relay_server IN A 10.1.0.1 relay_server IN A 10.1.0.2 ...

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hello, > > i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann > authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though > that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. > lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex > now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from > arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) > > Am i missing something here ? > > what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send > mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) > Thanks! > > Regards, > Alex http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rewritesender http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rewrite_sender.tar.gz This should do exactly what you want. jmaimon@ttec.com wrote: > > http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail > ht...

sendmail only send mails
Hello, I managed to upgrade to sendmail 8.12.9 tonight. Sending out emails fine, but cannot receive email from outside. I am behind a router (ADSL dialup). I use Yahoo account to do the test, till now it doesn't show any error messages about the email sent to my host. I set an entry for MX record in the dynamic DNS's website. I also have the following sendmail.mc: divert(-1) dnl This is the sendmail macro config file. If you make changes to this file, dnl you need the sendmail-cf rpm installed and then have to generate a dnl new /etc/mail/sendmail.cf by running the following command: dnl dnl m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4') VERSIONID(`linux setup for Red Hat Linux')dnl OSTYPE(`linux') dnl Uncomment and edit the following line if your mail needs to be sent out dnl through an external mail server: dnl define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.your.provider') define(`confDEF_USER_ID',``8:12'')dnl undefine(`UUCP_RELAY')dnl undefine(`BITNET_RELAY')dnl dnl define(`confAUTO_REBUILD')dnl define(`confTO_CONNECT', `1m')dnl define(`confTRY_NULL_MX_LIST',true)dnl define(`confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES',true)dnl define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')dnl define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/aliases')dnl dnl define(`STATUS_FILE', `/etc/mail/statistics')dnl define(`UUCP_MAILER_MAX', `2000000')dnl define(`confUSERDB_SPEC', `/etc/mail...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net. sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days without success. I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file, cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of months to no avail. Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm. Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am not leaving out anything. If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with this particular versi...

Send e-mail through sendmail upon name server (bind) failing.
Is it possible to send an e-mail through Sendmail using mailtertable. I'd like to have an e-mail warning sent when Bind fails on this machine. Unfortunately, the only way to do this is on the host machine using the mail command and grep the maillog, since it doesn't blatantly fail, port 53 becomes unavailable, but from what I can tell sendmail will not function without a properly running dns server? I thought specifying the ip address in the mailertable to forward the request to my vtext.com address would be sufficient, but it doesn't send anything until Bind is running. Thanks, --tj ...

sendmail for only sending mail
hello, i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: # /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com .... Type in message using headers etc .. and that's it, the message would be sent. however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "." does not send the message nor does ^D, nothing. i can't find in sendmail.cf a mention of "termination symbol". any ideas? (i thought it might be related to some terminate symbol, so i tried: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -messagefile=msg.txt which should send message from a file, but still, i get std input waiting for input, and unable to terminate except for ^C.) i am using the fedora distribution by the way. thanks. In article <4100396a-486b-4d25-b2e7-8fcb753a8c63@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com> jack.monflower@gmail.com writes: >hello, >i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... >nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) >so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: > ># /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com >... Type in message using headers etc >. > >and that's it, the message would be sent. >however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail >terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "...

Sendmail sending user@domain.com to my local machine instead of my mail server.
Hi All I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail. Let's call it machine A1. I am not really using it as a mail server. Just want to send out mails occasionally. I have another machine which is the real mail server for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2. It works when I send out mails to username@gmail.com or username@yahoo.com, etc. But when I send out mails to username@abc.com, the mails get sent to itself, i.e. machine A1. And the maillog shows that the Local mailer was called to send the mail instead of the ESMTP mailer. I have other Freebsd machines, and have no problem sending mails to username@abc.com. I've tried everything, including copying all the files in /etc/mail from my other working Freebsd machines to machine A1, and do a make, make install, make restart. But machine A1 still calls the local mailer to deliver mails addressed to @abc.com. Machine A1 is acting as if it is the mail server for the domain. I don't have local-domains, local-host-names, files, etc. I just use the original sendmail.com.mc file. Can anybody help? Thank you very much in anticipation. Gui cmgui2@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All > > I have a Freebsd machine running Sendmail. Let's call it machine A1. > I am not really using it as a mail server. Just want to send out mails > occasionally. I have another machine which is the real mail server > for my domain - abc.com, let's call this machine B2. > > It...

Can't send mail using Mail.app, but can with Thunderbird
Hello, I am having one heck of a time, and it's killing me. I am new to the world of OS X but am adapting well, with one exception - Mail. Here's the deal. Using Thunderbird, I can send mail out with password authentication. I can send it via port 25 normally or via port 465 via SSL. I can also telnet to port 25 and see the standard email connection, and I can even fake it out using the proper sequence of commands. I can telnet to port 465, although since that's SSL I can't easily fake key negotiation or anything like that - but, it does establish a connection. However, Mai...

Sending mails to ISP mail server account
Hi all, I have a local mail server on domain xyz.com. Sendmail configured as MTA. Users are able to send mails to each other. I have also configured relay-domains to xyz.com so that they are able to send mails to real world. Local users are like 1@xyz.com .. upto 10@xyz.com We also have the mail services from ISP on same domain xyz.com. On ISP mail server we have created same account name like 1@xyz.com ... upto 10@xyz.com .. My local mail server is fetching mail from ISP mail server & delivered to local user accounts by using fetchmail. On ISP mail server, we have created few accounts of the users like 11@xyz.com for mktg personals. These users are not having account on my local mail server. Now users want to send mail to 1@xyz.com with cc to 11@xyz.com . Whenever they send mails like this, error comes 'user unknown'. I have tried smart relay host option like ---------------- # "Smart" relay host (may be null) DSxyz.com --------------- but not got success. Any workaround by which mails to 11@xyz.com will go to ISP mail server account? Any pointer will help. Thanking you, Sandeep Agarwal ...

mails sent by sendmail were treated as junk mail
Hi there, I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure it to work as my main mailserver which allow POP3 and SMTP connection from outside. My problem is that I cannot send out any mails which appears like sender: xxx@mydomain.com. If I send mail through terminal, my sent-out mail would looks like aaa@hostname.mydomain.com instead of aaa@mydomain.com. hostnam.mydomain.com is a qualified name of my linux box runing sendmail. Second, I configured a openwebmail on this linux box to allow users login from anywhere to manager their mails, and it works fine. However, all the out-going mails sent throug openwebmail are treated as junk mail by most mail server like hotmail and yahoo. It was complained as unknown sender(at this case, sender appears aaa@mydomain.com) Does anyone have any experience in such situation or have any ideas how to configure sendmail to solve my problems? My network setting is simply as router -> DMZ zone -> linux box which is runing sendmail. I have a domain, mydomain.com, which is parking at a domain hosting company where my zone file is actually located. I changed the MX record in the zone file so that it points to my static ip address(eg. 10.11.12.113). After some simple changes were done, I can receive any emails sent to my domain, like xxx@mydomain.com. Thanks for any ideas! In article <d57b272d.0405151235.19d0384b@posting.google.com> vbcache@hotmail.com (cerberus) writes: > >I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure ...

Sendmail not sending mails immediately
Hello, We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails and we would like those mails to be sent immediately. Currently there are sitting in the queue a few minutes and then they get sent. I didn't configure anything differently no that box. And sendmail is running as the following: root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m My question now is: how do I configure sendmail to send immediately mails ? Regards > root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m > smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m Replace -q15m with -q1s Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. I should add that -q1s implies that sendmail will process the mail queue every single second... so it's unnecessary overhead. I suggest you try with -q1m so it's once every minute... it's not too bad, but it could still be too much overhead for your system. Try to find a compromise between response times and overhead. I suggest you read the sendmail manual page for further information about the command line options... Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. Syn <syn_NOSPAM_uw@hotmail.com> writes: >We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails an...

Sendmail Delay Sending Mail
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have spent a few days going through other posts concerning delays in sendmail but none of the suggestions seem to help me. Heres my problem. I have a Redhat 9 Linux server running sendmail 8.12.8 and my server needs to send a high volume of mail from php scripts. Previously I had my sendmail set to queue only and the scripts ran fast and the q went up quickly but the mail got sent. Something must have changed in the configuration or somewhere on the server as now when I run the scripts they take up to a minute to return the mail status to the script so the volume of mail i can send is ridiculously slow. I have checked the following: Timeout.ident=0 TryNullMXList=True An NSLookup on my server returns an answer immdiately but i do not via a local DNS server. I have Bind DNS installed on the server but it just contains information for the local domains running on this server. My mailog does not appear to be showing any errors and i have the loglevel on 9. Will someone please help a poor struggling developer whos going round in circles on the FAQs and news groups whilst loosing money poor volume of mail being sent! Thanks Panksy Cathy wrote: > Hi, I hope someone can help me. > > I have spent a few days going through other posts concerning delays in > sendmail but none of the suggestions seem to help me. > > Heres my problem. > > I have a Redhat 9 Linux server running sendmail 8.12.8 and my server > needs ...

Web resources about - Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ? - comp.mail.sendmail

Open Source - Sendmail.com
Sendmail partners include a host of leading companies who share a proven track record of developing and delivering complimentary email products ...

Sendmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the mail transfer agent. For the company, see Sendmail, Inc. . Sendmail is a general purpose internetwork email routing ...

Companies mobilize to patch Sendmail
... has security experts and software companies moving quickly to convince customers to apply a patch. A critical vulnerability in Sendmail, the ...

Sendmail hit by data interception flaw
Internet security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in versions of the widely-used Sendmail open-source e-mail software. The flaw could ...

Sendmail Adds Calendaring, Scheduling
E-mail server software developer Sendmail Inc. is branching out into groupware with the addition of its Calendar Server.

Sendmail Launches 'Rogue Email Application Control' Appliance
Sendmail this week announced the release of the Sentrion Rogue Email Application Control (REAC) appliance, a new offering designed to address ...

Another vulnerability found in Sendmail
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners . You can withdraw ...

Sendmail Hit by Data Interception Flaw - Slashdot
FreeBSD also has details in their security notification. Those guys are fast - if you want to have up to date info on security vulns., FreeBSD ...

Email Offline At the Home of Sendmail 179
... "The UC Berkeley email system has been either offline, or only providing limited access, for more than a week. How can the place where sendmail ...