Can sendmail cc all incoming and outgoing mail to a user like administrator?

Can I configure sendmail so that it will automatic forward a copy of
all in and out email to an administrator so that he can keep track all
email coming in and going out? How to set?

Also my incoming email is using uucp to grab it from ISP and i am
using sendmail(using RH9's sendmail) as my email server.

Please help!

Thanks!

chloong
0
loongch (1)

chloong wrote:
> Can I configure sendmail so that it will automatic forward a copy of
> all in and out email to an administrator so that he can keep track all
> email coming in and going out? How to set?
>
> Also my incoming email is using uucp to grab it from ISP and i am
> using sendmail(using RH9's sendmail) as my email server.

Standard reply - read the FAQ :-)
http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section4.html#4.20
How can I automatically copy messages based on sender or recipient addresses?

Milter based solutions seem to be the most "fashionable".

IF you
* receive and send messages via uucp
* do not want to copy internal mail (this server -> this server)
THEN
you can use warappers for rmail and uux program to get what you want

--
Andrzej [pl>en: Andrew] Adam Filip http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/
anfi@priv.onet.pl anfi@xl.wp.pl [former: anfi@Box43.pl]

0
anfi (2014)
8/7/2003 1:00:00 PM
I don't believe milter gets invoked on non-SMTP
connections (uucp, local).

chuck wrote:
> I don't believe milter gets invoked on non-SMTP
> connections (uucp, local).

It does in sendmail 8.12.
It does not in 8.10 and 8.11.
[AFAIR milter was added in 8.10]

In sendmail 8.12 even uucp and local are delivered to main daemon via smtp.
[as described in src/SECURITY file]

--
Andrzej [pl>en: Andrew] Adam Filip http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/
anfi@priv.onet.pl anfi@xl.wp.pl [former: anfi@Box43.pl]
*Random Epigram* :
Oh, yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.
	-- John Cougar, "Jack and Diane"

0
anfi (2014)

can sendmail filter outgoing mail in the same way as incoming?
can sendmail filter outgoing mail in the same way as incoming? Andi sorry I meant .. can be setup with the use if other tools. "Andrew Crook" <andrew@NOSPAM_andicrook.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:bpsu16$817$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > can sendmail filter outgoing mail in the same way as incoming? > > Andi > > Andrew Crook wrote: > can sendmail filter outgoing mail in the same way as incoming? Yes. If the outgoing mail is submitted via SMTP, then a milter will filter it. Sendmail itself makes no real distinction between "incoming" and "outgoing" mail. If you are using Sendmail 8.12 in its default configuration, then even locally-generated mail is transmitted via SMTP (over the loopback interface) and can be filtered by a milter. -- David. I was wondering if you could set it up so only mail that is digitally signed with pgp or a certificate can be sent. Andi "David F. Skoll" <dfs@roaringpenguin.com> wrote in message news:1aCdnbcK5_0Aml-iRVn-sw@magma.ca... > Andrew Crook wrote: > > > can sendmail filter outgoing mail in the same way as incoming? > > Yes. If the outgoing mail is submitted via SMTP, then a milter will > filter it. Sendmail itself makes no real distinction between "incoming" > and "outgoing" mail. > > If you are using Sendmail 8.12 in its default configuration, then even > locally-generated mail is transmitted vi...

Outgoing mail with SendMail
Ok, I have a program running on my home linux computer that likes to use outgoing email with sendmail. I set it up to use my website host's email server, but I get authentication errors, probably due to the fact that my host requires outgoing authentication. Does anyone know how to set this up in sendmail? I've been trying to get this to work for a few days now with no luck. Thanks! ../Mike Mike Santos <santos1_mich@bentley.edu> wrote: > Ok, I have a program running on my home linux computer that likes to > use outgoing email with sendmail. I set it up to use my website > host's email server, but I get authentication errors, probably due to > the fact that my host requires outgoing authentication. > > Does anyone know how to set this up in sendmail? I've been trying to > get this to work for a few days now with no luck. > > Thanks! > > ./Mike See: http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html#DefaultAuthInfo and http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/sm-812.html#812AUTH Alexander -- Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999 PGP fingerprint: 2307 88FD 2D41 038E 7416 14CD E197 6E88 ED69 5653 ...

mails sent by sendmail were treated as junk mail
Hi there, I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure it to work as my main mailserver which allow POP3 and SMTP connection from outside. My problem is that I cannot send out any mails which appears like sender: xxx@mydomain.com. If I send mail through terminal, my sent-out mail would looks like aaa@hostname.mydomain.com instead of aaa@mydomain.com. hostnam.mydomain.com is a qualified name of my linux box runing sendmail. Second, I configured a openwebmail on this linux box to allow users login from anywhere to manager their mails, and it works fine. However, all the out-going mails sent throug openwebmail are treated as junk mail by most mail server like hotmail and yahoo. It was complained as unknown sender(at this case, sender appears aaa@mydomain.com) Does anyone have any experience in such situation or have any ideas how to configure sendmail to solve my problems? My network setting is simply as router -> DMZ zone -> linux box which is runing sendmail. I have a domain, mydomain.com, which is parking at a domain hosting company where my zone file is actually located. I changed the MX record in the zone file so that it points to my static ip address(eg. 10.11.12.113). After some simple changes were done, I can receive any emails sent to my domain, like xxx@mydomain.com. Thanks for any ideas! In article <d57b272d.0405151235.19d0384b@posting.google.com> vbcache@hotmail.com (cerberus) writes: > >I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure ...

Filtering Outgoing Mail With Sendmail
I need to filter mail traveling through a sendmail gateway based on the user who sent the email. Basically, I want to archive all mail being sent/forwarded from results@mydomain.com by sending a copy of the email to another address like outgoing-mail@mydomain.com. I would rather not rely on the end-user simply bcc'ing the piece of mail to outgoing-mail@mydomain.com as they are not responsible enough to remember such a thing. Any help you have to offer will be greatly appreciated... spacebass5000@hotmail.com (Wendell Smith) writes: > I need to filter mail traveling through a sendmail gateway based on > the user who sent the email. > > Basically, I want to archive all mail being sent/forwarded from > results@mydomain.com by sending a copy of the email to another address > like outgoing-mail@mydomain.com. http://www.modulo.ro/synonym/ That milter can send a copy whereever you like. ...

Sendmail Incoming Mail Problem
I have a problem with sendmail. After issuing fetchmail command to pick mail from my ISP, all the incoming mails are transfered to root's mailbox instead of the respective users' mailboxes. How can solve this problem. Thank you Pmwikya wrote: > I have a problem with sendmail. After issuing fetchmail command to > pick mail from my ISP, all the incoming mails are transfered to root's > mailbox instead of the respective users' mailboxes. How can solve this > problem. Thank you You may want to try the fetchmail FAQ then the fetchmail mailing list. Regardless you need to provide details rather than a zero information "it's broken" post. 1) Versions of fetchmail and sendmail 2) Contents of fetchmailrc 3) Output of fetchmail -v -v 4) Content of mail log for that same run 5) Headers from the email fetched from that run -- Rob MacGregor (BOFH) Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards! The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming dragon. ...

spooling outgoing mail with sendmail
Hello Everyone, Using one of my old laptops I am building a FreeBSD 5.4 based system for my girl. Most of the time all she needs is some word-processing (OOO) and e-mailing. At home, where she will want to check her mails, they only have a 36k dial-up connection. Getting her mails from her 2 accounts shouldn't be a problem, I already figured that out more or less (fetchmail). However, I have some foggy parts related to the sending bit. I know that using the dial-up provider's SMTP server it is easy to send the outgoing messages once its set in the mail application, but for certain reasons I'd rather use the local sendmail for that purpose. The idea is to have a local sendmail sort-of COLLECT or SPOOL all kinds of outgoing e-mails while her laptop is off-line, and then when she goes on-line have sendmail to send out all the queued mails. I believe that this might be one of the very basic and default behaviour of sendmail, but what I want to make sure is that while she is off-line and sending out mails she doesn't get error messages or failure notices which will obviously scare her. Also, using such features it can be easy to forget about actually going on-line and sending out those queued mails, so it'd be nice to have a way of checking how many outgoing e-mails are waiting to be sent out. (I can use this to display this number to her, as a reminder to go on-line). If you have experience with such solution, have advi...

Sendmail drops incoming mails
Hi, All My Sendmail (v. 8.12.10) silently drops all incoming messages, both from local machines and from Internet. In the log file I can see that messages have been accepted for delivery, but never were delivered to the user's mailboxes (/var/spool/mail/user still empty). Recently I switched from Slackware to Gentoo; Under Slackware everything was working just fine, so I used the same configuration for my Gentoo's sendmail installation. Any ideas ? Thanxx Val SH wrote: > Hi, All > > My Sendmail (v. 8.12.10) silently drops all incoming messages, both from > local machines and from Internet. In the log file I can see that messages > have been accepted for delivery, but never were delivered to the user's > mailboxes (/var/spool/mail/user still empty). Recently I switched from > Slackware to Gentoo; Under Slackware everything was working just fine, so I > used the same configuration for my Gentoo's sendmail installation. > > Any ideas ? > Thanxx > If your logs show delivery the problem is NOT sendmail but with you local delvery agent (LDA). On some *nix installations procmail is the LDA whilst on others /bin/mail. Please check. G. Roderick Singleton wrote: > Val SH wrote: >> Hi, All >> >> My Sendmail (v. 8.12.10) silently drops all incoming messages, both from >> local machines and from Internet. In the log file I can see that messages >> have been accepted for delivery, but never ...

Hi all, Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd like sendmail to just send out mails but when it receives mails, it should forward it to our pop server. should we use mailertable for this or some other method? thanks for any info ike lozada schrieb: > Hi all, > > Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) > Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd > like sendmail to just send out mails but when it receives mails, it > should forward it to our pop server. should we use mailertable for > this or some other method? yes, we do that too. Just enter your domain in the mailertable, but on the receiving side there must be a mta, too, of course. So both servers should be running, e.g. sendmail. the pop server has to allow relaying of the smtp server, too. Keep your receiving server in brackets in the mailertable entry to prevent dns lookups, like so yourdomain.com smtp:[internalserver.internaldomain.com] Tim Tim Aden <corrodan@netcologne.de> wrote in message news:<c08rl4$3ft$1@newsreader2.netcologne.de>... > ike lozada schrieb: > > > Hi all, > > > > Currently we have 2 machines for mail (a smtp server and a pop server) > > Currently, sendmail accepts and sends out mail for our domain. We'd > > like sendmail to just send out mails but when...

Filter incoming mail for sendmail (or postfix)
Hello, i want to know how to configure a MTA to relay somes domain by IP source, example : toto.com and titi.com can relay with ip sender 10.2.2.0/24 only lulu.com can relay with ip sender 192.168.0.4/32 only all domain can relay with ip sender 172.0.0.5/32 only It's possible with policy server (postfix) but i dont know how to write policy about it or if it's possible with sendmail ? my MTA is relay only, no local mail i know how to allow relay by IP or by From: with /etc/mail/access but not twice at same time (ip source and domain match) Thanks ...

Can not send mail to my Sendmail Server ?
Hi, I set up a sendmail server ( The IP I use is for dummy ): 1. I can email outside from the local host ( by using sendmail -v -t ), up to this moment, I just use IP for the Email Server, the DNS Record is not set yet; e.g. bensonlei@203.194.23.33 2. But I can not reply to the above email address 3. I can not telnet 203.194.23.33 port 110 , nor telnet 203.194.23.33 port 143 from outside, but I can telnet localhost 110, and telnet localhost 143. I installed the service imapd and ipop3d.. What is the problem and how to solve them ? The error messages: Message from ...

How to enable Mail Directory instead of Mail File in Sendmail/Procmail?
Hi, Again a newbie question. I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in seperate file). thanks Rohit. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com> writes: > Again a newbie question. > > I am using Redhat Enterprise Server 4.0 with Sendmail. I wanted to > know if there is any configuration in Sendmail/Procmail such each > mailbox has a mail directory instead of a mail file (each mail is in > seperate file). > > thanks You can easily change it in per user ~user/.procmailrc or global /etc/procmailrc http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section4.html#4.3 Q4.3 -- How can I get sendmail to deliver local mail to $HOME/.mail instead of into /usr/spool/mail (or /usr/mail)? -- [en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ http://www.sendmail.org/m4/readme.html http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/ Netcraft Site Rank: 462490 Thanks for replying Andrzej. But, this does not answer my question. I want mails in my inbox to be deposited in the Mail Directory and not mail file. For Example, I want to specify each mail to the mailbox is stored as independent file. So, if I have 5 mails for me then there are 5 files in my mail directory. I am looking for either system wide or mailbox size setting. "Rohit Sehgal" <rohitseh@yahoo.com>...

Please help on reject incoming mails but allowing outgoing mail.
Hi there, I am trying to configure sendmail under Solaris 8 to reject inbound mail for company1.com but allowing outbound mails from company1.com until the merge of company1 is over. I did the reject inbound mail in /etc/mail/access company1.com REJECT warning message. I don't know how to configure sendmail to allow outbound messages from company1.com. Please help. Perry. pw wrote: > Hi there, > > I am trying to configure sendmail under Solaris 8 to reject inbound mail for > company1.com but allowing outbound mails from company1.com until the merge > of company1 is over. I did the reject inbound mail in /etc/mail/access > company1.com REJECT warning message. > > I don't know how to configure sendmail to allow outbound messages from > company1.com. > > Please help. > > Perry. > > The 'access' file controls *from* whom you accept mail. So, if you want mail originating from company1.com to be sent via that server, to both local and remote (relayed) destinations, you might put this in 'access': company1.com RELAY If you just want sendmail to accept mail from company1 for local recipients: company1.com OK This accepts the mail if the recipient is local, but will not allow relaying. Don't forget to do a make in your mail directory to generate the updated access map. Off the top of my head, I don't recall the tweak to prevent mail *inbound* for company1.com to be rejecte...

sendmail refuse mail to specific users
we have sendmail setup to accept all mail to unqualified recipiants which then drops into a default mailbox if no valid user is found. This is the main is fine and wanted for our setup, but we are getting mail aimed at some particular boxes, eg, fring, jkft etc, is there a way to have sendmail check a list and if a particular name is matched refuse the mail ? f825_633 wrote: > we have sendmail setup to accept all mail to unqualified recipiants > which then drops into a default mailbox if no valid user is found. > > This is the main is fine and wanted for our setup, but we are getting > mail aimed at some particular boxes, eg, fring, jkft etc, is there a way > to have sendmail check a list and if a particular name is matched refuse > the mail ? access database. -- Knute Johnson email s/nospam/knute2009/ -- Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com<<<<<<------ Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access Knute Johnson wrote: > f825_633 wrote: >> we have sendmail setup to accept all mail to unqualified recipiants >> which then drops into a default mailbox if no valid user is found. >> >> This is the main is fine and wanted for our setup, but we are getting >> mail aimed at some particular boxes, eg, fring, jkft etc, is there a >> way to have sendmail check a list and if a partic...

Sendmail does not send mail (inexperienced user)
Hi everyone, I am new to using Sendmail. I am trying to figure out why my system no longer sends emails. It was originally configured to work with Bugzilla and emails were sent without a problem through sendmail. The server's static IP address on the network was changed, and now messages are not sent (or at least not being received by anything). I tried to manually send through the command line and it looks like there aren't any problems according to status messages in verbose mode: [root@venice bin]# mail someone@company.com -v Subject: testing456 asdf jkl; this is the homerow! Cc: anotherone@company.com someone@company.com,anotherone@company.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 venice.company.lab ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.6/8.13.6; Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:08:58 -0700 >>> EHLO venice.company.lab 250-venice.company.lab Hello venice.company.lab [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250-DSN 250-ETRN 250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 250-DELIVERBY 250 HELP >>> MAIL From:<root@venice.company.lab> SIZE=88 AUTH=root@venice.company.lab 250 2.1.0 <root@venice.company.lab>... Sender ok >>> RCPT To:<someone@company.com> >>> RCPT To:<anotherone@company.com> >>> DATA 250 2.1.5 <someone@company.com>... Recipient ok 250 2.1.5 <anotherone@company.com>... Recipient ok 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself >>> . 250 2.0....

sendmail only accepting mail from local users
I've got a newbie question that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on for me. I had to change the smtp port Sendmail was listening on to 587 last night due to SBC/Yahoo's port blocking. That was the only option I changed. Then about an hour later Sendmail stopped accepting mail from external users, but from local users it worked fine. I can connect and send email to anyone of the local users from my user account with a mail client. The maillog reads: Mar 11 12:36:20 server sendmail[90351]: j2BKaJD90306: to=<thunderbird@mydomain.com>, ctladdr=<steven@myotherdomain.com> (1008/100 1), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=30024, relay=local, But when I send from my Gmail account to one of the users' accounts the mail dissappears. Load averages on the server are well below maximum now, but were over the maximum last night. I've rebooted. I'm out of ideas. Is there another setting for maillog to be more verbose so that I can see why the email from external users is dissappearing. Thanks for any advice. Steven wrote: > I've got a newbie question that I'm hoping someone can shed some light > on for me. I had to change the smtp port Sendmail was listening on to > 587 last night due to SBC/Yahoo's port blocking. That was the only > option I changed. Then about an hour later Sendmail stopped accepting > mail from external users, but from local users it worked fine. I can > connect and send email...

how to keep all outgoing mail on sendmail smtp
Hi All, I review the pass messges on here , but can not find any hints. I check http://www.shub-internet.org/brad/sendmail/index.html and http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ does not have good suggest or the link is down Mr. G. Roderick Singleton give suggest to FAQ, but I am not sure which link should be. Anyone can help? Thanks a lot <kaji_trade@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1142310924.219151.83430@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com > I review the pass messges on here , but can not find any hints. Hint: describe what it is you need. kaji_trade@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi All, > > I review the pass messges on here , but can not find any hints. > > I check > > http://www.shub-internet.org/brad/sendmail/index.html > > and > > http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ > > does not have good suggest or the link is down > > Mr. G. Roderick Singleton > > give suggest to FAQ, but I am not sure which link should be. Anyone can > help? > The FAQ doesn't have any usefull informarion about keeping copies of outgoing mail. You might try http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-bcc/index.shtml for a milter that does what you want. Or you could switch to Postfix, which has a bcc:always option builtin. Daniel Feenberg feenberg isat nber dotte org > Thanks a lot ...

Sendmail is not receiving mail for local users
Hello, My AIX 5.2L box can't receive any e-mail addressed to local users and my var/spool/mqueue is filling with mail files. I've tried: sendmail -bi hash map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases.db: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. dbm map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. WARNING: cannot open alias database /etc/mail/aliases Cannot create database for alias file /etc/mail/aliases: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. root /etc/mail > ls -l total 136 -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 1424 Oct 13 10:21 aliases -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 12288 Oct 13 08:59 aliases.db -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 46645 Oct 14 13:17 sendmail.cf -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 34 Oct 13 08:59 sendmail.pid root /etc/mail > newaliases hash map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases.db: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. dbm map "Alias0": missing map file /etc/mail/aliases: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. WARNING: cannot open alias database /etc/mail/aliases Cannot create database for alias file /etc/mail/aliases: A system call received a parameter that is not valid. root /etc/mail > chmod 664 * root /etc/mail > newaliases /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: WARNING: dangerous write permissions newaliases: cannot open /etc/mail/aliases: Grou...

how can i do to backup mails that outbound in the sendmail?
I know use the procmail to backup the mails that inbound my mail server,but i don't know how to backup the mails that outbound from my mail server, my system is redhat 9.0,sendmail 8.12.10,can anybody tell me ? thanks barryide@cn.fujitsu.com (barryide) wrote in message news:<e16d05c8.0402102211.16b543cc@posting.google.com>... > I know use the procmail to backup the mails that inbound my mail server,but > i don't know how to backup the mails that outbound from my mail server, > my system is redhat 9.0,sendmail 8.12.10,can anybody tell me ? > thanks can anybody tell me the way? It is very important to me to finish my job please help me barryide wrote: > I know use the procmail to backup the mails that inbound my mail server,but > i don't know how to backup the mails that outbound from my mail server, > my system is redhat 9.0,sendmail 8.12.10,can anybody tell me ? Please read the FAQ before posting: http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ Your question is answered there: + 4.20 How can I automatically copy messages based on sender or recipient addresses? -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? ...

Mail::Sendmail
perl doesn't like my return address. Does anyone know why? error message as follows-------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ perl mail_test.pl [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ Bad or missing From address: '' text of program follows---------------------- [rudi@tsuse rudi]$ vi mail_test.pl 1 #!/usr/bin/perl; 2 use Mail::Sendmail; 3 4 %mail = { To => "ccc31807\@yahoo.com", 5 From => "cartercc\@gmail.com", 6 Subject => 'Test of sendmail', 7 Message => "This is a test of sendmail"}; 8 9...

unable to forward mail from 1 sendmail server to another sendmail server
Hi, i have a setup like this: box A ---> box B ---> sends to the world. sendmail, solaris 9. what is happening is as follows: Application on box A generates mail (for the users, who can be from anywhere) forwards it to box B which sends it out. The box A is forwarding mail to box B, only for the users of the domain, ie if there is a user is having a gmail id the mail is NOT forwarded from box A ----> box B. If i do a nslookup on gmail on box A it resolves properly. XXXXXX Message 2: >From MAILER-DAEMON Wed Oct 26 12:14:26 2005 Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> To: <amit@www.domainname.com> MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure) This is a MIME-encapsulated message --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com The original message was received at Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) from localhost [127.0.0.1] ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <amitka@gmail.com> (reason: 550 Host unknown) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 550 5.1.2 <amitka@gmail.com>... Host unknown (Name server: mailhost.domainame.com: host not found) --j9Q6iQj6027300.1130309066/www.domainname.com Content-Type: message/delivery-status Reporting-MTA: dns; www.domainname.com Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost Arrival-Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:14:26 +0530 (IST) Final-Recipient: RFC822; amitk...

too many sendmail 8.12.11 sendmail and mail.local processes
I noticed over 7000 sendmail and mail.local processes that eventually exhausted the system's swap space. The system is a Solaris 8 box running sendmail 8.12.11. Also, sendmail.cf has MaxDaemonChildren=500 set. The problem occurred after the system received over 60,000 large email due to a misbehaved application. 1. Why would there be more than 500 sendmail processes? I noticed the parent process for most of the sendmail processes is 1 and mail.local were spawned by sendmail, of course. I have the default MaxQueueChildren value which is unlimited. I noted over 7,000 of these messages in syslog during the time of the incident; Jun 12 09:02:04 peace sendmail-mta[22621]: j5CD04jr022619: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:03:03 peace sendmail-mta[23982]: j5CD13Ef023979: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:04:36 peace sendmail-mta[26086]: j5CD2aaO026076: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:05:38 peace sendmail-mta[27455]: j5CD3bKd027452: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:06:01 peace sendmail-mta[27939]: j5CD411x027931: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input Jun 12 09:06:16 peace sendmail-mta[28248]: j5CD4GmD028243: timeout waiting for i nput from local during Draining Input F S UID PID PPID C PRI NI ADDR SZ WCHAN STIME TTY TIME CMD 8 S root 8888 1 0 49 20 69174...

How do I configure Sendmail to reject all mail to domains not in /etc/mail/access file?
Hi. I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient but not manageable in the long run. The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the /etc/mail/access file. Thus far, I've also been adding domain.tld in local-host-names and relaying all @domain.tld to a local alias which is redirected to /dev/null. This solution is also unmanageable in the long run. Therefore I turn to you for guidance and information on how to find a solution for the spam problem on my server. Feedback and tips will be greatly appreciated :) Thx, /Timo_S On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:03:08 +0300 Timo_S wrote: > I've got a serious spam problem on one my server which is running > Sendmail 8.13.1. I've been struggling with iptables, although efficient > but not manageable in the long run. > > The problem really is bad scripts made by users on their webpages, but > it is impossible for me to debug these. So this is why I'm looking for > information on how to block all @domain.tld's while maintaining the > ability to send mail to certain specified domains in the > /etc/mail/access file. What do these "bad scripts" do...

Web resources about - Can sendmail cc all incoming and outgoing mail to a user like administrator? - comp.mail.sendmail

List of Administrators of Chandigarh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Queensland Nickel administrators face huge task
&#8203;Administrators of Clive Palmer's troubled nickel business are facing a large and complicated task to determine whether its north Queensland ...

Cattle and coal in sights of administrators for Clive Palmer's nickel refinery
Administrators looking at Clive Palmer's collapsed nickel business are examining his other assets

Clive Palmer's nephew in sights of Queensland Nickel administrators
Clive Palmer's nephew and confidante, Clive Mensink, and his assets have become the focus of administrators.

Clive Palmer staves off Yabulu nickel refinery closure by removing administrator
The likely&nbsp;closure of Clive Palmer Yabulu nickel refinery in northern Queensland has been forestalled with the raising&nbsp;of $23 million ...

Auburn Council administrator reverses decisions set to benefit Salim Mehajer
The administrator of Auburn Council in Sydney's west scraps two major developments that were set to benefit suspended deputy mayor Salim Mehajer. ...

Stat Of The Week: Administrators Up, Profs Down
While the typical law school has lost about five full-time faculty members over the last four years, it has gained a teaching administrator or ...

Clive Palmer sacks administrators, resumes control of Queensland Nickel
Clive Palmer has taken back operational control of Queensland Nickel, with a fresh $23 million cash injection to keep the ailing refinery open. ...

Maricopa County election administrator backtracks after blaming voters for long lines
... who were frustrated by long lines should have voted early. Her answer…didn’t go over so well. Suffice it to say that a local election administrator ...

Silk Road administrator sentenced, corrupt agent rearrested
A Utah man whose faked murder helped authorities bring down an underground, online drug marketplace was sentenced Friday in U.S. District Court ...