Can't get it to pass open relay test.

I just set up to brand new Centos 7 servers using Sendmail version 8.14.7.

My issue is that one passes an open relay test and the other does not.

I believe everything in the configuration is identical between the two.  The sendmail.cf files are identical.  The /etc/mail/access are identical as are the allowed relay domains.

I've tried a number of things and been googling my brains out and still can't sort this out.

Anyone experience this or have some thoughts on further troubleshooting?

-Jeremy
0
robotdog

Jeremy wrote:

> My issue is that one passes an open relay test and the other does not.

> Anyone experience this or have some thoughts on further troubleshooting?

Check (post) the logfile entries that demonstrate the problem.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous
On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 6:10:02 AM UTC-6, Claus A=C3=9Fmann wrote:
> Jeremy wrote:
>=20
> > My issue is that one passes an open relay test and the other does not.
>=20
> > Anyone experience this or have some thoughts on further troubleshooting=
?
>=20
> Check (post) the logfile entries that demonstrate the problem.
>=20

Hi and thanks for responding.  Are you referring to maillog or some other l=
og file?  Is there some logging level that should be turned on or tuned?

0
robotdog
11/21/2016 6:16:05 PM
>   Are you referring to maillog or some other log file?

Whatever syslog.conf is configured to use for mail.*
on your system.

You could simply have looked into those log files to see
where the sendmail log entries are (instead of posting
and waiting for a reply)...
0
Claus