Cannot send mail from solaris 7.

I am a complete newbie in sendmail. So bare with me if I ask stupid
questions or point me to some beginner's documentations.

Our organization uses MS exchange as the mail server to handle all
incoming and outgoing emails. I am trying to get a solais box to be
able to send emails out. How can I configure sendmail so that it could
route the mails to our exchange mail server? I tried send mail to
myself@localhost, it went through fine. But when I tried send mail to
myself@exchange-mail-server.ourdomain, I got the following in
/var/mail:
myself@exchange-mail-server.ourdomain
    (reason: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
myself@exchange-mail-server.ourdomain)
Could anybody tell me how to make it work?

Thanks a lot,

Lu
0
lsun91125 (10)

I was able to send messages to the exchange server by changing the
line in sendmail.cf to DSexchange-mail-server.ourdomain. When I do
"mail myself", the email was sent to my exchange mailbox. But I still
cannot send mails to external address like lsun91125@yahoo.com. I got
error "unable to relay for lsun91125@yahoo.com, user unknown... The
sendmail version is 8.11.7.

Any hint or help is appreciated.

Lu

lsun91125@yahoo.com (Lu) wrote in message news:<d852c54f.0311201438.3e06fdd7@posting.google.com>...
> I am a complete newbie in sendmail. So bare with me if I ask stupid
> questions or point me to some beginner's documentations.
>
> Our organization uses MS exchange as the mail server to handle all
> incoming and outgoing emails. I am trying to get a solais box to be
> able to send emails out. How can I configure sendmail so that it could
> route the mails to our exchange mail server? I tried send mail to
> myself@localhost, it went through fine. But when I tried send mail to
> myself@exchange-mail-server.ourdomain, I got the following in
> /var/mail:
>     ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> myself@exchange-mail-server.ourdomain
>     (reason: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
> myself@exchange-mail-server.ourdomain)
> Could anybody tell me how to make it work?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Lu
0
lsun91125 (10)
11/21/2003 3:57:21 PM
lsun91125@yahoo.com (Lu) writes:

>I was able to send messages to the exchange server by changing the
>line in sendmail.cf to DSexchange-mail-server.ourdomain. When I do
>"mail myself", the email was sent to my exchange mailbox. But I still
>cannot send mails to external address like lsun91125@yahoo.com. I got
>error "unable to relay for lsun91125@yahoo.com, user unknown... The
>sendmail version is 8.11.7.

Most likely, this is a problem on exchange-mail-server.ourdomain.  It
needs to be configured to allow you to relay (or you have to find
some other way).

0
nn (690)

sending mail otherthan mail()
Hello everyone, My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method of sending emails using php without using mail(). If there is any tweak to be done at the server level I will be able to convince the admin. The server has linux Enterprice edition 3 with php 4.3.11 and cpanel/whm. Please guide me to the method and i will be able to collect other information about it from google. Thanks Jaunty Edward smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I > need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method > of sending emails using php without using mail(). So getting an alternative to mail() will simply circumvent the "antispam fix". On unix, mail() is nothing more than a wrapper to a local sendmail program, on win32 it's a wrapper that communicates to a smtp daemon. So either you can do yourself (exec()/sockets) or use on of the classes to be found on the usual sites (phpclasses/hostscritps)... Thank daniel, are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able to send emails using php. I don't know what the server admin is going to do with the spam problem. But will I be able to send emails using classes. Thanks once again. Jaunty smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able > to send emails using php....

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hello, > > i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann > authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though > that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. > lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex > now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from > arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) > > Am i missing something here ? > > what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send > mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) > Thanks! > > Regards, > Alex http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rewritesender http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rewrite_sender.tar.gz This should do exactly what you want. jmaimon@ttec.com wrote: > > http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail > ht...

Send mail script step
I have a file CLASSES with the classes of a school and a file STUDENTS with the students of the shool. The two files are related with the Class_ID field. I have a layout with the data from one record of the CLASS file and a portal showing all the students in that class. I want to use a script to sent e-mails to all the students in that class (assuming that there is a e-mail address field in students file). If I use the "Use all Recordn in found set" flag the mail is sent to all the studends of the school and not only to the students of that class. If I use "Use the current rec...

sending mail via ISP replay server (solaris, sendmail)
I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is smtp.comcast.net ..incoming is mail.comcast.net and my email is myemail@comcast.com. Thnk you very much you want to look at the SMART HOST section in your sendmail.mc file Cheers Buff Z wrote: > I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 > How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via > my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is > smtp.comcast.net ..incoming is mail.comcast.net and my email is > myemail@comcast.com. Thnk you very much > On 2005-04-20, Z <zsh99@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am running Solaris 10 with sendmail version 8.13 > How can I configure sendmail to send email out of my solaris server via > my ISP's relay server. The outgoing mail server of my isp is > smtp.comcast.net ..incoming is mail.comcast.net and my email is > myemail@comcast.com. Thnk you very much At /usr/lib/mail/cf/submit.mc you'll find FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]')dnl Change this to FEATURE(`msp', `[smtp.comcast.net]')dnl Then do "make submit.cf" and copy it to /etc/mail and restart sendmail with "svcadm refresh smtp" Regards, Ville Jorma ...

Sendmail delivers mail locally instead of sending it to other domain / Solaris 9
Hi, I found a few old postings but they were not very helpful. Trying to configure Sendmail that came preinstalled with Solaris 9 - to send messages to my e-mail. Right now it delivers each message locally. ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- koracd@saic-dc.com (reason: 553 5.3.5 system config error) ----- Transcript of session follows ----- 553 5.3.5 mailhost config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?) 554 5.3.5 Local configuration error The mailhost /etc/hosts is the localbox I am trying to send mail from. Thanks Dusan On Jun 29, 11:46 am, Du...

php mail() not sending to mail Clients (ie, Outlook, Apple Mail, thunderbird, etc..)
I have a send mail script on my site that. The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients like Outlook, Mail, etc...) Is this a problem with the script, or is it something I must change in php ini file? Thanks in advance for any help. here is the code. (im using it in conjunction with javascript for some AJAX stuff) if(!isset($_GET['action'])) { die("You must not access this page directly!"); //Just to stop people from visiting contact.php normally } /* Now lets trim up the input before sending it */ $name = trim($_GET['name']); //The senders name $to = trim($_GET['maily']); //The senders email address $place = trim($_GET['place']); //The senders email address $subject = "you have recieved mail"; $headers = "From:$name"; $message = "{$name} deemed you worthy of receiving the following information/exchange from Trumpet.\n\n Follow This Link {$place}"; mail($to, $subject, $message,$headers); //a very simple send echo 'contactarea|<p class="sent">Article Sent!</p>'; //now lets update the "contactarea" div on the contact.html page. The contactarea| tell's the javascript which div to update. ?> shybe wrote: > I have a send mail script on my site that. > > The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients > like Outlook, Mail, etc...) > > Is this a problem with the script, or is it something ...

Newbie Question
Can we send email without "sendmail" process running in Solaris 10 ? I know we can do it in Solaris 8 using SMTP via the mail relay host. We tried it in our Solaris 10 (118833-22) server and received the following error : # atlantis@scubadiving.com Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... atlantis@scubadiving.com ... Deferred: Connection refused by [127.0.0.1] Our sendmail version is 8.13.4. Any idea how we can trouble shoot this ? Thanks, Bill In article <1161970635.838296.15020@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, underh20.scubadiving@gmail.com wrote: > Can we send email...

Sending mail with mail() without header
Hi, I'm working on a website where there is a from from which I want to send the data by e-mail. When I send myself the result with mail($my_email, $title, $message) everything works fine and I receive a plain text email. However, the people for which I'm doing the site receive some kind of error when I do the same thing but delivered to them > mail($their_email, $title, $message) The error looks something like this: Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients: Recipient address: services@theirdomain.com Reason: Illegal host/domain name found I also used something like this in the script to make it work when sending it to myself: ini_set('SMTP', 'mail.theirdomain.com'); ini_set('sendmail_from', 'services@theirdomain.com'); Is it the fact that I send this email in plain text with no headers that could trigger some sort of spam filtering? If so, what headers should I be using? Thanks in advance > Hi, > > I'm working on a website where there is a from from which I want to > send the data by e-mail. > > When I send myself the result with mail($my_email, $title, $message) > everything works fine and I receive a plain text email. However, the > people for which I'm doing the site receive some kind of error when I > do the same thing but delivered to them > mail($their_email, $title, > $message) > > The error looks something like this: > > Your mess...

mail form not sending mail
Hi all, I am trying to test a simple feedback form. I have php 5.0.3.3 on my dev Windows server 2003. SMTP is working fine, as we all use it to send mail from. PHP works fine as well, but I just cant get mail sent by php, although no errors are reported. Do I understand it correctly that this simple script should send me a mail? This is just to test that it works. <?php mail('me@whatever.com', 'My Subject', 'message'); header( "Location: http://webserver/message_sent.htm" ); ?> Okay, the " Location: http://webserver/message_sent.htm" comes up fine, and "<?php phpinfo() ?>" also works fine. SMTP allows relay from my subnet and does not need authentication. please help TIA Indrapoera ...

Send Mail with Apple Mail
FMP 10 on OS 10.6: When I use the send mail script step, I get formattet text in the E-mail. This is funny because the Apple Mail setting for new mails is text only. Any ideas how to get text only mails into Apple Mail? -- Christoph Kaufmann http://clk.ch ...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net. sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days without success. I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file, cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of months to no avail. Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm. Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am not leaving out anything. If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with this particular versi...

sendmail for only sending mail
hello, i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: # /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com .... Type in message using headers etc .. and that's it, the message would be sent. however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "." does not send the message nor does ^D, nothing. i can't find in sendmail.cf a mention of "termination symbol". any ideas? (i thought it might be related to some terminate symbol, so i tried: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -messagefile=msg.txt which should send message from a file, but still, i get std input waiting for input, and unable to terminate except for ^C.) i am using the fedora distribution by the way. thanks. In article <4100396a-486b-4d25-b2e7-8fcb753a8c63@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com> jack.monflower@gmail.com writes: >hello, >i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... >nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) >so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: > ># /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com >... Type in message using headers etc >. > >and that's it, the message would be sent. >however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail >terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "...

Restricting local users from sending external mail but allow sending mail to internal LAN users.
Hi, This problem is asked earlier on this list. I am trying to follow as per replies. I am using Redhat Linux 9.0 server with sendmail. I have entered follwoing in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file as directed : ######## LOCAL_CONFIG F{Internal}/etc/mail/intern.only LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_rcpt # get sender address and canonify it R$* $: $1 $| $>3 $&f R$* $| <> $@ OK <> is always ok R$* $| $={Internal} <@$=w.> $: $1 luser@local.host? R$* $| $={Internal} $: $1 luser? R$* $| $* $@ OK someone else R$* $: $>3 $1 check recipient R$+<@$=w.> $@ OK local? ok R$+<@$+> $#error $@ 5.1.8 $: "551 sorry luser your boss does not like you" ######## I have created file '/etc/mail/intern.only' with username as follows : ####### adsnat ########## my '/etc/mail/access' file is as follows : ######### Check the /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf file for a description # of the format of this file. (search for access_db in that file) # The /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf is part of the sendmail-doc # package. # # by default we allow relaying from localhost... localhost.localdomain RELAY localhost RELAY 127.0.0.1 RELAY adsnat RELAY ######### then gave commands as follows : m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf cp /etc/mail/sendmail.cf /etc/sendmail.cf Overwrite /etc/sendmail.cf? y and tried to send mail to outside...

pls help me when i sent mail, it vil sending twice instead of once ,am using java.mail,am sending my code....
Every thing is working fine but it sending message twice instead of once. in the Forget.jsp page am accepting username or email <struts-config.xml> <form-beans> <form-bean name="forgotUname" type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm"> <form-property name="userName" type="java.lang.String" /> <form-property name="email" type="java.lang.String" /> </form-bean> </form-beans> <action-mappings> <action path="/Forgot" name="forgotUname" type=&q...

sending mail without the mail client popping up
hi! I was wondering how I could send a mail without the mail client popping up to the user. I would like a mail to be sent to myself when someone's pushing a button on my homepage. Any ideas? obscurr "Obscurr" <obscurr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4452c409.0310310428.bfa6c2f@posting.google.com... > hi! > > I was wondering how I could send a mail without the mail client > popping up to the user. > I would like a mail to be sent to myself when someone's pushing a > button on my homepage. Any ideas? > > obscurr See php.net: mail(); Regards Richard Grove http://redeyemedia.co.uk http://shopbuilder.org http://musicshopper.co.uk "Obscurr" <obscurr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4452c409.0310310428.bfa6c2f@posting.google.com... > hi! > > I was wondering how I could send a mail without the mail client > popping up to the user. > I would like a mail to be sent to myself when someone's pushing a > button on my homepage. Any ideas? > > obscurr Hi! Try the mail() function. It will do what you are asking: http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php HTH - JM ...

Re: Sending HTML mail from VMS MAIL?
JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote on 06/16/2006 02:52:25 PM: > Syltrem wrote: > > > $ cr[0,8]=13 > > > $ lf[0,8]=10 > > > $ subject="[BACKUP] VMS Backup Summary" + cr + lf + - > > > "Mime-Version: 1.0" + cr + lf + - > > > "Content-Type: text/HTML" > > > $ mail/sub="''subject'" 'summary_file support_dist > > > > That works great ! > > > It may work today, but I am not sure this is garanteed to work forever. Okay...

Send Voice Mail & Encrypted Mail
Please visit http://www.whimsysoft.com for My Voice Email & InfoLock My Voice Email 1.5 My Voice Email lets you record and send audio messages instead of ordinary e-mail. All you need to do is speak and click, which will take less time than typing a message. It is a friendly interface that is easy to use. Your audio message will be compressed to mp3 format prior to sending to reduce file size and maintain sound quality. No need for emoticons since you can easily convey humor, laughter, and other emotions online in voice email! The length of your voice message is unlimited. Voice...

mails sent by sendmail were treated as junk mail
Hi there, I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure it to work as my main mailserver which allow POP3 and SMTP connection from outside. My problem is that I cannot send out any mails which appears like sender: xxx@mydomain.com. If I send mail through terminal, my sent-out mail would looks like aaa@hostname.mydomain.com instead of aaa@mydomain.com. hostnam.mydomain.com is a qualified name of my linux box runing sendmail. Second, I configured a openwebmail on this linux box to allow users login from anywhere to manager their mails, and it works fine. However, all the out-going mails sent throug openwebmail are treated as junk mail by most mail server like hotmail and yahoo. It was complained as unknown sender(at this case, sender appears aaa@mydomain.com) Does anyone have any experience in such situation or have any ideas how to configure sendmail to solve my problems? My network setting is simply as router -> DMZ zone -> linux box which is runing sendmail. I have a domain, mydomain.com, which is parking at a domain hosting company where my zone file is actually located. I changed the MX record in the zone file so that it points to my static ip address(eg. 10.11.12.113). After some simple changes were done, I can receive any emails sent to my domain, like xxx@mydomain.com. Thanks for any ideas! In article <d57b272d.0405151235.19d0384b@posting.google.com> vbcache@hotmail.com (cerberus) writes: > >I am a newbie of sendmail and trying to configure ...

Web resources about - Cannot send mail from solaris 7. - comp.mail.sendmail

Solaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Solari Report Blog - The Solari Report Blog
Disclaimer Nothing on The Solari Report should be taken as individual investment advice. Anyone seeking investment advice for his or her personal ...

Solaris Books
Publishers of Science-Fiction, Fantasy and Dark Fantasy

Welcome to Solaris Mobile Online » Solaris Mobile solarismobile.com
Your default description here Home About Us Services Media Contact Us Wireless Wideband Communication for the Mobile Age Solaris Mobile leads ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Solaris
Solaris Operating System - Gateway page to knowledge base, forums, patches, hardware guide, online support center, marketing materials, product ...

Chris Solari (@chrissolari) on Twitter

Solaris - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
En grande -large size See where this picture was taken. [?]

Solaris Full Highway Scene - YouTube
Highway scene from Tarkovsky's Solaris (1972)

Oracle subpoenas Comcast in connection with Solaris support lawsuit
Oracle and Comcast are locked in a legal tussle related to Oracle's intellectual-property lawsuit against Solaris OS support providers Terix ...

Can toilet paper be a luxury product? Solaris attacks $1.4b oligopoly
Solaris Paper head Terry Hughes is going up-market with a toilet paper brand called Emporia, tackling the $1.4 billion oligopoly in Australia's ...