Compilation errors sendmail 8.13.4 Mac OS X 10.4

When I try to recompile sendmail 8.13.4 using gcc 4.4 with Mac's new OS
(10.4), the compilation fails, but does not exit, with the following error:
cc -pipe  -M -I. -I../../include  -I/usr/local/include/sasl -DSASL=2
-DMILTER -DMAP_REGEX -DNETINFO -DAUTO_NETINFO_ALIASES -DAUTO_NETINFO_HOSTS
-DMATCHGECOS -DSCANF -DXDEBUG -DSTARTTLS -DNEWDB -USERDB -DDARWIN   main.c
alias.c arpadate.c bf.c collect.c conf.c control.c convtime.c daemon.c
deliver.c domain.c envelope.c err.c headers.c macro.c map.c mci.c milter.c
mime.c parseaddr.c queue.c ratectrl.c readcf.c recipient.c sasl.c savemail.c
sfsasl.c shmticklib.c sm_resolve.c srvrsmtp.c stab.c stats.c sysexits.c
timers.c tls.c trace.c udb.c usersmtp.c util.c version.c    >> Makefile
conf.c:2362:24: error: sys/exec.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [depend] Error 1
Making in
/Users/royar/src/sendmail-8.13.4/obj.Darwin.8.0.0.PowerMacintosh/sendmail

The new sys does not have the exec.h file.  Have any others seen this with
gcc 4.4 or the new OS X?  Did my install simply miss the file, or does
conf.c need to be changed?  Are there perhaps m4 configurations that need to
be changed for the new system?

--
  Robert Delius Royar       The email address is valid as it is written.
   You know, what this country needs is a seven-cent nickel.

In article <Pine.OSX.4.62.0504282222130.647@teraqny.sevanohynk.bet>, r
royar <royar-nomail@adelphia.net> wrote:

>/Users/royar/src/sendmail-8.13.4/obj.Darwin.8.0.0.PowerMacintosh/sendmail
>
>The new sys does not have the exec.h file.  Have any others seen this with
>gcc 4.4 or the new OS X?  Did my install simply miss the file, or does
>conf.c need to be changed?  Are there perhaps m4 configurations that need to
>be changed for the new system?

I retrieved the relevant files from my 10.3.9 backup and stuck them in
/usr/local/include. Sendmail compiled OK, and has been functioning well
since then.

  /usr/local/include/machine
      ansi.h  exec.h
  /usr/local/include/ppc
      ansi.h  exec.h
  /usr/local/include/sys
      exec.h

--
PGP public key: http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/~distler/distler.asc
0

Compiling 8.13.4 with GCC 3.3--error, stdarg.h v. varargs.h on Mac OS X 10.4.1?
I'm trying to compile Sendmail 8.13.4 on Mac OS X 10.4.1, using GCC 3.3. I'm getting the message that GCC no longer supports varargs.h and code should be updated to use stdarg.h. I know this is a long-standing problem, and I used to be able to solve it (with Sendmail 8.12.x on Mac OS X 10.2.x and 10.3.x) by reverting to GCC 3.1. Unfortunately, GCC 3.1 is not installed on Mac OS X 10.4. The weird thing is that the last machine I build this way was Sendmail 8.13.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.7 and it compiled just fine with GCC 3.3. Possibly this had something to do with the fact that GCC 3...

Sendmail 8.13.X and DB-4.4.X
Can this marriage happen? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising! Remember Christ is the Reason for the Season . Happy Christmas 2005 and Merry New Year 2006 "The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message news:dlq17i$a6$18@gallifrey.nk.ca... > Can this marriage happen? > -- I too would like to know the answer to this. Does it work out of the box - does anyone know? -JD JD Bronson wrote: > "The Doctor" <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in me...

sendmail 8.13.0 build fails on Mac OS 10.3.4

Compiling sendmail 8.12.11, gcc 3.3, on Mac OS 10.3.4
Is anyone out there in Mac land still using sendmail? In the release notes for sendmail 8.12.11 it says there's support for Panther (Mac OS 10.3), but I still get these errors compiling it with just ./Build: /usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.3/varargs.h:10: #error "GCC no longer implements <varargs.h>." /usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.3/varargs.h:11: #error "Revise your code to use <stdarg.h>." In file included from /usr/include/machine/param.h:30, from /usr/include/sys/param.h:102, from ../../sendmail/conf.h:30, from ....

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler...

Strange Problem with ActiveState Tcl 8.4 in MAC OS X 10.4
http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx1.jpg http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx2.jpg In Mac OS X 10.4.11 I am having a problem with ActiveTCl's 8.4 graying out certain .TCL files when I try to select a source file when running wish in the GUI. Please see the links above to see the grayed out file names. I am trying to load bcd396t.tcl source file but that is grayed out. I have tried changing the first few lines of the file that had some bash scripting in them. And translated the text from mac to unix and even tried windows code with the same results. I...

CW 8.3/CW 9.4 Mac OS X 10.4 problem
Hi After installing 10.4 I can not drag and drop files into the IDE window anymore I tried c/c++/java files in 8.3 and c/c++ in 9.4 Is there workaround for that? However I can add files from he Project->Add files without any problem Actually I saw that problem on all prerelease builds After clean installations upgrades Thanks In article <BE98BC82.1156%dimamarkman@comcast.net>, Dmitry Markman <dimamarkman@comcast.net> wrote: > I tried c/c++/java files in 8.3 and c/c++ in 9.4 > > Is there workaround for that? MW has said they will release a ...

Compiling sendmail 8.14.2 on Mac OS X 10.5
I just upgraded my OS to Mac 10.5 (from 10.4). While my existing compilation of sendmail 8.14.2 runs fine under 10.5, I cannot compile the source under 10.5, itself. Has anyone reading this group compiled 8.14.2 under 'Leopard'? The errors I get are (in various files) error: detected recursion whilst expanding macro "bool" A search on this error didn't turn up anything. So far as I can tell, the version of gcc is the same as was working successfully under OS X 10.4 (gcc-4.0.1 Apple Inc. build 5465) I am also using the same site.config.m4 file (minus the netinfo...

Compiling sendmail 8.13.3 on BSD/OS 4.3.1
I am trying to compile sendmail using GCC 3.2.2 but cc 2.95 keeps getting in the way. How do I tell sendmail to completely ignore cc 2.95.X? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising! ...

Error compiling scilab 4.1 on Mac OS X 10.3.9
I downloaded the source version of scilab 4.1 and ran the ./configure on Mac OS X 10.3.9 which went off well without errors. However, after a long running of "make all", it encountered a problem when it was the turn to compile scilex (several others compiled well). The error message was: cp pvmgs ../../lib/DARWIN done building group server and library making all in routines/Javasci... Makefile:24: Makefile.darwin: No such file or directory make[1]: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.darwin'. Stop. make: *** [scilex-lib] Error 2 I am not sure what to do now. ...

GNU gcc 4.8.4 for OS X Yosemite (10.10)
Hi, A freely redistributable installation script that ports the GNU gcc compiler (4.8.4) to OS X Yosemite (10.10) is accessible from: http://users.otenet.gr/~drikosev/index.html This script applies about 40 patches (backports) mainly to gfortran and enables the maintainer mode in each installed language. Therefore it can fully compile gcc from source. In addition, this gcc might be suitable when you want to port certain packages as various OS X specific issues are handled. On the other hand you will not find some new features supported in gfortran 4.9 or 5.1 Yesterday, I...

Re: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4
Hi Jason, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 beta should work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, please download the version in our CVS repo at http://cvs.doc.wustl.edu/ take care, Doug >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Mac OS X 10.4.2 >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: >> >> /* -*- C++ ...

RE: Compiling 2.5.5 on Mac OS X with CW 8.3
Hi it is an error that __DARWIN__ is not defined in this situation, what = prefix file do you have in your project, as Jos=E9 points out using = cw_cwc.pch here resolves the need to have the precompiled headers = already made. Best, stefan > -----Original Message----- > From: Nadav Aharoni [mailto:NadavA@HumanEyes.com] > Sent: Dienstag, 19. April 2005 13:34 > To: wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org > Subject: RE: Compiling 2.5.5 on Mac OS X with CW 8.3 - errors >=20 > Continuing with the compilation, I now encountered problems compiling = the > RegexM8 p...

[wx 2.6.3, Mac OS X 10.4.8, gcc 4.0.1] extremely slow wxStyledTextCtrl::Colourise()
Hello, I'm developing a multi-platform source code editor with syntax-highlighting based on wxWidgets. I have a problem with the wxStyledTextCtrl::Colourise() function on the Mac platform. This function is extremely slow on Mac, e.g. it takes about 40 seconds to do the lexing of a file of 500 lines of c++ code, while the same function returns within 1 second on the Windows and Linux platforms using the same version of wxWidgets. (I'm using the wxSTC_LEX_CPP lexer). The problem appears when the user wants to scroll down the wxStyledTextCtrl : the slider blocks and th...

Re: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Jason, >> I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this version >> is used extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of >> ACE all these products used will cause the architect's heads to >> explode ;) >> >> Is it your opinion that 5.3.1 is hopeless cause on Tiger? It'll take some work, but companies like Riverace, Remedy, and OCI can help out with this stuff if staying with 5.3.1 is essential. Please see http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html for help with this stuff. >>...

RE: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Jason, > > >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 > > > > This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 > beta should > > work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, > > please download the version in our CVS repo at > > I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this > version is used > extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of > ACE all these > products used will cause the architect's heads to explode ;) ;-) Right - this is where the value of commercial support providers comes into play. DOC's research efforts continue to march on as they should, while commercial product efforts are best served by sticking with a version of ACE over time. Companies such as Riverace can make a 5.3-base version work on Mac OS X Tiger, for instance, as well as make sure that when your product is ready for an upgrade, the new version of ACE won't surprise you. I'd be happy to discuss further how we can help you and your architects - we don't want any heads to explode :-) -Steve -- Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation Helping you succeed with ACE See http://www.riverace.com/support.htm ...

RE: Subject: Building ACE 5.3.1 on Mac OS X (Tiger) 10.4.2 was [ace-users] Building ACE on Mac OSX 10.4 #2
Hi Doug, > > Thanks for using the PRF. > > >> ACE VERSION: 5.3.1 > > This version of ACE is ANCIENT. The forthcoming ACE 5.4.8 beta should > work "out of the box" for Mac OS X Tiger. If you want a preview, > please download the version in our CVS repo at I know it isn't the most recent version available, but this version is used extensively across the corporation. Changing the version of ACE all these products used will cause the architect's heads to explode ;) Is it your opinion that 5.3.1 is hopeless cause on ...

[ace-users] Compilation of ACE 5.5.3 fails on Mac OS X 10.4.8
Compilation of ACE version 5.5..3 (using GNU tools: mkdir build cd build ../configure --enable-static make fails on Mac OS X 10.4.8 (Intel-based). Compilation of ACE.cpp throws many errors that are copied below the problem report form. I can send the complete output when needed. ACE 5.5. compiles and builds without problems on the same machine. PROBLEM REPORT FORM ACE VERSION: 5.5.3 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Mac Pro (Intel) OS X 10.4.8 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSI...

Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86
I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... There should be some interesting error messages to find. I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... -- Andrew J. Brehm Marx Brothers Fan PowerPC/Macintosh User Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. &...

Sendmail 8.13 and DB 4.4.20
It his combination working properly? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising! Beware Linux the MS Windows of Unix! Demand UseNet an integral part of Internet! The Doctor napisa�(a): > It his combination working properly? I have sendmail 8.13.7 and Berkeley DB 4.4.20 and it's working without any problems. -- Pozdrawiam Zbigniew Jasinski [SYStem OPerator] ...

Installing gnuplot 4.2.2 on Mac G4 under Mac OS X 10.4.11
In attempting to install gnuplot 4.2.2 on a Mac G4 running Mac OS X v. 4.2.2, I got several error messages before the installation failed. The error messages asked that I report these messages to the gnuplot lists, so the excerpt below contains the transcript of the installation. Any suggestions as to how to install gnuplot 4.2.2? Starfighter. Last login: Wed Nov 21 03:22:17 on ttyp1 Welcome to Darwin! dsl092-239-159:/ samueldupree$ tar -xzf gnuplot-4.2.2.tar.gz dsl092-239-159:/ samueldupree$ ls dsl092-239-159:/ samueldupree$ cd gnuplot-4.2.2 dsl092-239-159:/gnuplot-4.2.2 s...

Mac OS X 10.4.10 and Cisco VPN client 4.9.01
Having updated to Mac OS X 10.4.10 (via software update first, later via combo update), I found the connections with Cisco's VPN client 4.9.01 (0030) - the latest at our university - to be more than flaky. For no apparent reason the connection seems not to work, with a notification that I have no working internet interface. I have not been able to reproduce the error nor the connection reliably. I have also reinstalled the Cisco VPN client. It seems 10.4.10 and Cisco's client do not like each other. In doubt, I'll blame Cisco because the client has been less than reliable for the last year. Has anyone been able to track the error, or even knows how to cure it? Or can at least confirm the trouble? TIA Marc -- Switzerland/Europe <http://www.heusser.com> remove CHEERS and from MERCIAL to get valid e-mail In article <marc.heusser-D877A1.01210127062007@news.unizh.ch>, Marc Heusser <marc.heusser@cheersheusser.commercialspammers.invalid> wrote: > Having updated to Mac OS X 10.4.10 (via software update first, later via > combo update), I found the connections with Cisco's VPN client 4.9.01 > (0030) - the latest at our university - to be more than flaky. > For no apparent reason the connection seems not to work, with a > notification that I have no working internet interface. I have not been > able to reproduce the error nor the connection reliably. I have also > reinstalled the Cisco VPN client. > >...

Scilab version 4 on Mac OS 10.4.8
Dear All, Today I updated my Mac OS X 10.4.7 to 10.4.8. Since then I experience problems executing scilab files. I use the Scilab version for Intel Macs downloaded from http://www.lmac.utc.fr/~mottelet/Darwin/ . Has anyone else had this problem. Tarik The error message I get is the following: in execstr instruction called by : warning: stack problem..., cleared As you can see the error message seems to be incomplete. A small precision. The error occurs only when I use "Load into Scilab" or make ctrl+l to execute the code in the editor. It does not cause...

XCode (2.4.1) Linking issue, wx 2.8.6, OS X 10.4.10, GCC4.0
Platform: Mac mini - intel dual core. I'm working through the examples in the "Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets" books and I'm stuck on an XCode linking issue. The demos on the base wxMac code base build and work fine. So I know it's the XCode setup. I can't find the entry where the libraries are described. I've setup XCode using the wx-config --cxxflags and wx-config --libs When building the minimal code example in chapter two, the build completes and goes to the link stage where: "Linking /Volumes//u01/work/wx - example...

Web resources about - Compilation errors sendmail 8.13.4 Mac OS X 10.4 - comp.mail.sendmail

Other compilation albums of Westlife - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The album consists of a range of well known hits, remixes, b-sides and international language versions. "Don't Calm The Storm" and "I Won't Let ...

Emma Watson American Accent Funny Compilation - YouTube
Like My Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/emmaniacs A Compilation of Emma Watson's American Accent

Animals in Super Bowl Ads: Video Compilation - Special: Super Bowl - AdAge
Cheetahs and horses and bears, oh my! Spots featuring fuzzy, scaly and winged creatures are a time-honored tradition in the Super Bowl. Over ...

Instagram Spotlight Compilations to Shine More Frequently
Instagram launched curated content streams called Spotlight Compilations this past Halloween, and the Facebook-owned photo- and video-sharing ...

A compilation of people hurting themselves on their new Christmas Hoverboards
Hoverboards might not be safe or legal in all places, but they’re definitely popular gifts, especially around Christmas , but controlling these ...

Rocky Votolato covers "Silent Night" for No Sleep's annual Christmas compilation
by Andrew Sacher cool shirt, Rocky Rocky Votolato returned this year with the solid new album Hospital Handshakes and a split with Chuck Ragan. ...

2015 Cute and Funny Animals Compilation
Submitted by: (via kyoot animals ) Tagged: dogs , ducks , cute , Cats , funny , Video , animals Share on Facebook

A Compilation Of Every Time R2-D2 Saved The Day
This is a compilation of every time R2-D2 saves the day in the first six Star Wars movies. He deserves a medal. Without him, pretty much everybody ...

Here's an Adorable Compilation of All the Times Leslie Jones Has Made Colin Jost Blush on Live TV
Flirting with your co-workers is usually inappropriate, but when it’s scripted on a teleprompter, what can you do except lean into it? Read ...

Connor Franta Debuts Fourth Compilation Album 'Common Culture Vol 4'
Connor Franta is back with another compilation album and it's going to be even more awesome than last year's! The ...