Delay when sending to queue grouped

Dear group,

I am currently setting up queue groups by using the following macros
in my sendmail.mc file:

define(`QUEUE_DIR', `/var/spool/mqueue')dnl
QUEUE_GROUP(`autohandled', `P=/var/spool/mqueue/autohandled, I=5m,
R=5')dnl
define(`LOCAL_PROG_QGRP', `autohandled')dnl

However, when sending through the 'prog' mailer, the message is not
delivered instantly, but rather queued FIRST, and then delievered
after the first queue run (within 5 minutes). Note that this behaviour
only occurs when sending through the Mail Submission Program (MSP),
and not directly to sendmail using the "-Am" switch.

Why isn't my message being sent to the mailer first, and then queued
later, if necessary? Am I missing something? I know that this doesn't
happen if I don't specify queue groups, but is this a result of a
misconfiguration, or is this how queue groups act by default?

Thanks in advance,
- Anthony
0
tonyboy1 (2)

long sendmail delays when accepting mail, then long delays in sending
I'm using Sendmail 8.13.8 on a CentOS 5.2 machine. I'm seeing two problems when trying to send a test message with the simple command: echo "Subject: testfrombrainjammer154pm" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -v bhas@speakeasy.net One is that two long delays occur in the output of the command, as indicated below: [root@brainjammer ~]# echo "Subject: testfrombrainjammer154pm" | /usr/ sbin/sendm ail -v bhas@speakeasy.net bhas@speakeasy.net... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 brainjammer.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.8/8.13.8; Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:56:19 -040 0 >>> EHLO brainjammer.com 250-brainjammer.com Hello localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 250-DSN 250-ETRN 250-DELIVERBY 250 HELP >>> MAIL From:<root@brainjammer.com> SIZE=34 [A delay of 9 seconds occurs here] 250 2.1.0 <root@brainjammer.com>... Sender ok >>> RCPT To:<bhas@speakeasy.net> >>> DATA [A delay of 14 seconds occurs here] 250 2.1.5 <bhas@speakeasy.net>... Recipient ok (will queue) 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself >>> . 250 2.0.0 n8IKuJB9028173 Message accepted for delivery bhas@speakeasy.net... Sent (n8IKuJB9028173 Message accepted for delivery) Closing connection to [127.0.0.1] >>> QUIT 221 2.0.0 brainjammer.com closing connection [root@brainjammer ~]# Any idea why those delays of 9 seconds and 14 seconds...

Sendmail Delay Sending Mail
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have spent a few days going through other posts concerning delays in sendmail but none of the suggestions seem to help me. Heres my problem. I have a Redhat 9 Linux server running sendmail 8.12.8 and my server needs to send a high volume of mail from php scripts. Previously I had my sendmail set to queue only and the scripts ran fast and the q went up quickly but the mail got sent. Something must have changed in the configuration or somewhere on the server as now when I run the scripts they take up to a minute to return the mail status to the script so the volume of mail i can send is ridiculously slow. I have checked the following: Timeout.ident=0 TryNullMXList=True An NSLookup on my server returns an answer immdiately but i do not via a local DNS server. I have Bind DNS installed on the server but it just contains information for the local domains running on this server. My mailog does not appear to be showing any errors and i have the loglevel on 9. Will someone please help a poor struggling developer whos going round in circles on the FAQs and news groups whilst loosing money poor volume of mail being sent! Thanks Panksy Cathy wrote: > Hi, I hope someone can help me. > > I have spent a few days going through other posts concerning delays in > sendmail but none of the suggestions seem to help me. > > Heres my problem. > > I have a Redhat 9 Linux server running sendmail 8.12.8 and my server > needs ...

Sendmail keeps on sending mails (but I emptied queue)
Hi. I want to remove Sendmail messages queue. I've deleted every files within '/var/spool/mqueue/' (it's empty), but when restarting Sendmail, it tries to send more and more messages. I empty this directory, but when restarting Sendmail I find more messages again. Does anybody know to stop this queue? Thank you very much. If I do []# sendmail -bp I get: ---------------- /var/spool/mqueue (1 request) -----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient----------- k1K9vHU4705137 32233 Mon Feb 20 02:57 <myaccount@mydomain.com> 8BITMIME (Deferred: Name server: anotherserver.com.: host name lookup fai) <director@diarioleon.com> Total requests: 1 ------------------ Sendmail it's stopped now. If I empty 'mqueue' directory, and restart Sendmail, I get another message. If I restart Sendmail, I get these two lines within /var/log/maillog: Feb 20 02:15:22 www sendmail[5850]: k1KAF921005777: from=<myaccount@mydomain.com>, size=33214, class=-60, nrcpts=1, msgid=<200602200851.k1K8pTqD024357@www.alianzo.com>, bodytype=8BITMIME, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=alianzo [127.0.0.1] Feb 20 02:15:22 www sm-msp-queue[5847]: k1K8pTqD024357: to=john@anotherdomain.com, delay=01:23:53, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=260891, relay=[127.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (k1KAF921005777 Message accepted for delivery) Hi again. I&...

Queue group skipping in queue runs (sendmail 8.13)
Hello, Is there a way to completely disable a queue group from being processed (and read) by a queue runner, but still be present in the config file (so some mailers can drop to it) : so far, specifiyng R=0 avoids starting runners for it, but its content is still read on every queue run... setting a very high interval as well (say 99w) seems to effectively disable it, except for the very first run. Is there a more general way of doing this ? On a side note, has a per queuegroup MinQueueAge already be considered ? It would allow to have both "fast" and "slow" queues and process them from the same queue runners. Thanks for your answers, -- Ga�l Roualland -+- gael.roualland@oleane.net ...

Queue group skipping in queue runs (sendmail 8.13) #2
Hello, We are using sendmail 8.13 in a setup with multiple queue groups associated with various mailers. Depending on the destination, we do have different queuing strategies implemented through different queue runners with different parameters. However, since all queue runners have knowledge of all queue groups (so they can drop bounce messages to the right one, for instance), we need to be sure a queue runner won't process a particular queue group, except those we want it to run. So far, specifiyng R=0 on a queue group avoids starting runners for it, but its content is still read on every queue run... setting a very high interval as well (say 99w) seems to effectively disable it, except for the very first run... So, is there a more general way of disabling a queue group from being processed (and read) by a queue runner, but still be present in the configuration file ? On a side note, has a per queuegroup MinQueueAge already be considered ? It would allow to have both "fast" and "slow" queue groups and process them from the same queue runners. Thanks for your answers, -- Ga�l Roualland -+- gael.roualland@oleane.net ...

Sendmail cannot send my mail
I am on a typical home user setup (dialup connection, SMTP server listens on exotic port 25000 and I need to enter a password to connect to the server). The various mailers I have used - outlook, outlook express, mozilla mail - have no problems sending my mail successfully. But when I try to use sendmail all I get is something like: Nov 22 18:56:51 turki sendmail[28724]: iAL4OmF22670: to=cga2001@eml.cc, ctladdr=gavron (500/500), delay=1+19:32:03, xdelay=00:00:10, mailer=relay, pri=815114, relay=b.mx.mailbarn.net. [66.54.152.36], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Defer red: Connection refused by b.mx.mailbarn.net. sendmail proceeds to recycle the mail for the following five days without success. I have read the FAQs, made countless changes to the sendmail.mc file, cycled sendmail at least a hundred times over the last couple of months to no avail. Since on average successfully setting up a mail account in one of the above mailers takes under two minutes, I am beginning to suspect that there is a bug in the version of sendmail I am running - sendmail version 8.11.4 release 3 as generated by Redhat 7.2 from an rpm. Is there a short howto describing what the average home user on a dialup connection should do to make sendmail connect to the outside world? I was thinking of using this as a checklist to make sure I am not leaving out anything. If no such document exists could anyone direct me to sample configuration files that are known to work in this type of setup with this particular versi...

sendmail only send mails
Hello, I managed to upgrade to sendmail 8.12.9 tonight. Sending out emails fine, but cannot receive email from outside. I am behind a router (ADSL dialup). I use Yahoo account to do the test, till now it doesn't show any error messages about the email sent to my host. I set an entry for MX record in the dynamic DNS's website. I also have the following sendmail.mc: divert(-1) dnl This is the sendmail macro config file. If you make changes to this file, dnl you need the sendmail-cf rpm installed and then have to generate a dnl new /etc/mail/sendmail.cf by running the following command: dnl dnl m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf dnl include(`/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4') VERSIONID(`linux setup for Red Hat Linux')dnl OSTYPE(`linux') dnl Uncomment and edit the following line if your mail needs to be sent out dnl through an external mail server: dnl define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.your.provider') define(`confDEF_USER_ID',``8:12'')dnl undefine(`UUCP_RELAY')dnl undefine(`BITNET_RELAY')dnl dnl define(`confAUTO_REBUILD')dnl define(`confTO_CONNECT', `1m')dnl define(`confTRY_NULL_MX_LIST',true)dnl define(`confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES',true)dnl define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')dnl define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/aliases')dnl dnl define(`STATUS_FILE', `/etc/mail/statistics')dnl define(`UUCP_MAILER_MAX', `2000000')dnl define(`confUSERDB_SPEC', `/etc/mail...

sendmail for only sending mail
hello, i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: # /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com .... Type in message using headers etc .. and that's it, the message would be sent. however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "." does not send the message nor does ^D, nothing. i can't find in sendmail.cf a mention of "termination symbol". any ideas? (i thought it might be related to some terminate symbol, so i tried: /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -messagefile=msg.txt which should send message from a file, but still, i get std input waiting for input, and unable to terminate except for ^C.) i am using the fedora distribution by the way. thanks. In article <4100396a-486b-4d25-b2e7-8fcb753a8c63@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com> jack.monflower@gmail.com writes: >hello, >i want to be able to use sendmail to just send mail from a pipe... >nothing more than that (meaning, no need for handling queue, etc.) >so far, any linux i logged in to could do this by doing: > ># /usr/sbin/sendmail address@domain.com >... Type in message using headers etc >. > >and that's it, the message would be sent. >however, in my fresh fedora installation, i cannot make sendmail >terminate... it accepts input from std input, but "...

Send Queue in Mail?
Is there a way I can delay the sending of an email message in Mail? os x.2.6 Eudora had this feature and I got addicted to it. I was able to compase a bunch of messages that could be sent after I had left the office. Is there a setting or a shareware app that will add this function to Mail? Thanks ...

mail queues for sendmail
Hi: Sorry if these questions sound a bit naive, but lets say you define 4 mai= l queues (all in default group) q.1, q.2, q.3, q.4. Each are on different l= ogical volumes. If one queue fills up and there is no room left will sendma= il put the mail in a different queue? What is the processes here? Is it bet= ter to have one logical volume and 4 different directories instead. Thanks for your replies. > Sorry if these questions sound a bit naive, but lets say you define 4 mail queues (all in > default group) q.1, q.2, q.3, q.4. Each are on different logical volumes. If o...

Delaying mail sending
Hello, i've got a problem ... I want to delay the mails sent each minute or so, to like 10 / 15. Thats because i manage an alert list, whenever theres a new entry in the database, the users that asked to be notified will be mailed by a php function (mail()), the problem is that if i just use that, the mail function will send trough sendmail something like 1k mails. In such a short period its considered SPAM, so i want to delay it. I dont think its possible via php, so im asking if its possible via sendmail to delay the send to like 10/15 mails every minute. Thanks in advance to anyone that will answer, bye. Sypher ...

Sendmail authentificates, client cann still send mails with fake "Mail From:" tag
hello, i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) Am i missing something here ? what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) Thanks! Regards, Alex alexThor wrote: > hello, > > i've just finished my first AUTH sendmail configuration, client cann > authentificate himself via LOGIN/PLAIN with TLS. I've noticed though > that sendmail doesn't pose any restraints regarding the mail from: tag. > lets say my domain is test.de, my loginname ist alex > now i cand send mails from arbitrary name@ test.de...actually from > arbitrary name @ arbitrary domain :) > > Am i missing something here ? > > what i would like is: user authentificates -> he is allowed to send > mail only with the prior stipulated address (his address) > Thanks! > > Regards, > Alex http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/#rewritesender http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail/patches/rewrite_sender.tar.gz This should do exactly what you want. jmaimon@ttec.com wrote: > > http://www.jmaimon.com/sendmail > ht...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. DeliveryMode=deferred -- Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN 2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/ ...

send mail without.. sendmail ?
It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run sendmail as a daemon process even if I dont want a mailer daemon running? Is there a way to tell sendmail: "Hey, I dont want you sitting on port 25. Just grab the stuff that has accumulated in /var/spool/*que, find the MX record for the recipient, and send it." ? I dont know anything about configuring sendmail, other than it's more than I can handle as a part time admin. Thanks, bl8n8r bad_knee <bl8n8r@yahoo.com> wrote: > It seems, in order to send mail off my ftp server, that I must run > sendmail as a daemon process even if I dont want a mailer daemon > running? > > Is there a way to tell sendmail: "Hey, I dont want you sitting on port > 25. Just grab the stuff that has accumulated in /var/spool/*que, > find the MX record for the recipient, and send it." ? > > I dont know anything about configuring sendmail, other than it's more > than I can handle as a part time admin. To manually send, you can do sendmail -q sendmail -q15m and it will process queued emails, at once or every 15min, respectively. For incoming emails, you can run Sendmail from /etc/inetd.conf, every time an email arrives at port 25. -- William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry@yahoo.ca> Linux solution for data management and processing. William Park <opengeometry@yahoo.ca> wrote in message <snip> > To manually send, ...

Sendmail refuses to send mail
Hi, only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Thanks in advance! --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- newbie_at_sendmail wrote: > only recently have I started using sendmail (8.11) on a RedHat 7.1 linux machine. > Up till now I've only been able to receive e-mail (both local and remote). > Sending e-mail to a valid e-mail address stops with a dsn 4.0.0 and "no route to host", even though I can ping the domain in the e-mail address. Traceroute however is unable to come up with an answer. > > What do I do wrong? Any place I can find a clear description of what is happening? Start by posting some log entries from an email that is bouncing. I would also be tempted to think about sniffing the SMTP traffic. However seeing as how the message is being rejected with a 4xx series code, it should still be in a mail queue on your system (presuming that it is the system your server is passing the message off to th...

Sendmail not sending mails immediately
Hello, We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails and we would like those mails to be sent immediately. Currently there are sitting in the queue a few minutes and then they get sent. I didn't configure anything differently no that box. And sendmail is running as the following: root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m My question now is: how do I configure sendmail to send immediately mails ? Regards > root 282 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m > smmsp 283 1 0 Dec 21 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m Replace -q15m with -q1s Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. I should add that -q1s implies that sendmail will process the mail queue every single second... so it's unnecessary overhead. I suggest you try with -q1m so it's once every minute... it's not too bad, but it could still be too much overhead for your system. Try to find a compromise between response times and overhead. I suggest you read the sendmail manual page for further information about the command line options... Sincerely, Francesco -- To contact me remove the "NOSPAM" part from my e-mail address. Syn <syn_NOSPAM_uw@hotmail.com> writes: >We've got a Solaris 9 x86 box which sends notification mails an...

Sending mail and queue management
If I compose or reply to an incoming mail and then hit send it goes to the queue waiting for me to hit check mail and send or hit send mail. In my folder view I do not have the queue visible. In Windoze I multitask and when online (I am on a dial up connection) I will often get distracted and go off and do something else other than manage my mail queue. By the time I finish doing what I needed /wanted to online, I shut down the browser and disconnect. I then go to shut down Pegasus and I get prompted that I haven't sent mail. Is there a way to get the folder view to show...

Group Mail send not complete
With OS 10.5.2, I have a group of 20 e-mail adddresses in a group folder in address book. But when I try to send an e-mail to all 20 members of that group, only twelve appear in the send to field. I have checked all e-mail addresses individually and they are all good. Why won't mail send to all memebrs of the group , please ? Any ideas very welcome. In article <47d60618$0$19248$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au>, Graley <OMIT.highrise@ozemail.com.au> wrote: > With OS 10.5.2, I have a group of 20 e-mail adddresses in a group > folder in address book. ...

Send mail script step
I have a file CLASSES with the classes of a school and a file STUDENTS with the students of the shool. The two files are related with the Class_ID field. I have a layout with the data from one record of the CLASS file and a portal showing all the students in that class. I want to use a script to sent e-mails to all the students in that class (assuming that there is a e-mail address field in students file). If I use the "Use all Recordn in found set" flag the mail is sent to all the studends of the school and not only to the students of that class. If I use "Use the current rec...

Problem to send out the mails with SENDMAIL
Hi, am using RedHat 9 and sendmail. I can send mail to internal box of the same Linux station. a have problem to send mail out of office by using another smtp server of company wich is connected to internet. my DNS configuration work fine. I can ping my smtp server and connect to smtp port (all work fine) I think that a problem is around "sendmail.cf" or "sendmail.mc" The sendmail log file informe that the messages sended are queued. I am using command line to test (mail) you can find my configuration file bellow : can somone help me ? Thanks a lot for your help @ns +++++++++++++++++++++++ Linux station : serveur1.toto.com Smtp Server : mail.toto.com +++++++++++++++++++++++ ################################ # SENDMAIL.CF ################################ Cwlocalhost # file containing names of hosts for which we receive email Fw/etc/mail/local-host-names # my official domain name # ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your domain #Dj$w.Foo.COM Djserveur1.toto.com CP. # "Smart" relay host (may be null) #DS DSmail.toto.com ################################ # LOCAL-HOST-NAMES ################################ @toto.com ...

How to configure sendmail to send mails
FUP from comp.lang.python Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 15:38:25 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 5/9/2013 4:29 =CE=BC=CE=BC, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 feedth= etroll =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: >>> uses DoveCot as enaled mail server but i have no idea how to >>> setip up to work. >>> i cannot connect to it via my python script. >> OK, I should have been more exact: >> To send mails you need a "smtp-server" (MTA - Mail Transfer Agent, >> Message Transport Agent) like postfix, exim, sendmail, ... >> >> DoveCot is good for "reading" mail (=3D"mailbox management", "pop3(s)", >> "imap(s)"). You cannot send mails using DoveCot. (You can use a >> WebMailService to access DoveCot for reading and a MTA for sending mails= ..) >> >> So you have to find out, which MTA you installed (you have root access, >> don't you) and configure it. >> >> But this is (like so often) becoming extremely offtopic. >=20 > i as root just inatslled >=20 > sendmail and mailx. i have edited the ~/.mailrc to use: > > nikos@superhost.gr [~/www/cgi-bin]# cat ~/.mailrc > account gmail { > set smtp-use-starttls > set smtp=3Dsmtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 > set smtp-auth=3Dlogin > set smtp-auth-user=3Dmay)gmail > set smtp-auth-password=3Dmy_gmail_pass_not_stupid_enough_to_w...

Web resources about - Delay when sending to queue grouped - comp.mail.sendmail

Sending/receiving relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sending/receiving relationship is one in which a public school district sends some or all of its students to attend the schools of another ...

CHVRCHES - Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like... - Facebook
Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like this. This is one of the more polite ones. Other recent classics include "I'm going to give her ...

[...] Facebook Prevents Users From Sending Suspicious Friend Requests To Strangers, Inside Facebook [...] ...
Facebook has begun implementing new security measures to prevent friend request spamming. Some users are being shown a “This Request Can’t Be ...

A better experience for sending Tweets and DMs - Twitter Blog
... panel New Tweet panel in da...... Skip to main content Blog Got an account? Sign in Search form Search &nbsp A better experience for sending ...

How to Go From Working 60 Hours a Week to 40 By Sending 2 Emails a Week
I’m convinced 95% of cubicle workers who work over 60 hours a week constantly can cut it down to 40-45 hours by sending 2 emails a week to their ...

Emoticon and Emoji Box for iPhone -Save Emoticons,emoji,pic and images for Sending Message! 200 FREE ...
Get Emoticon and Emoji Box for iPhone -Save Emoticons,emoji,pic and images for Sending Message! 200 FREE emoticons and emojis - on the App Store. ...

Thanks for sending an iPhone4 and Sim T-Mobile but ... - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... that's probably not going to work. (also, I'm sticking with the iPod touch).

Texas Man Makes $10K A Month Sending Potatoes With Personalized Messages In The Mail! - YouTube
Alex Craig, 24, said he came up with the idea for Potato Parcel earlier this year while having dinner with his girlfriend. His girlfriend called ...

Defence Minister David Johnston backs away from talk of Australia sending troops to Iraq
A frustrated Defence Minister David Johnston has downplayed the chances of Australian troops becoming involved in Iraq despite Prime Minister ...