Does sendmail support the BinaryMime ESMTP extension? If so, how can this be enabled?

Another mail server in my environment would like to use BINARYMIME to solve an issue they're experiencing.  Does sendmail support the BINARYMIME ESMTP extension for receiving emails? If so, how can this be enabled?

I didn't see this referenced in the bat book or documentation.
0
Mike

Mike B  wrote:
> Another mail server in my environment would like to use BINARYMIME to solve an issue they're
> experiencing.  Does sendmail support the BINARYMIME ESMTP extension for receiving emails? If

What's the "issue"?

> so, how can this be enabled?

> I didn't see this referenced in the bat book or documentation.

If it is not in the docs, then it is not (officially) supported.

The only other chance is for it to be an FFR,
and to check that you can simply use

fgrep -i BINARYMIME *.[ch]

in the sendmail source code --
as there are no matches, there's no support.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous
> What's the "issue"?

Another MTA is sending emails in an incorrect format.  Their stated workaround is to send the message using the BINARYMIME ESMTP feature.

> If it is not in the docs, then it is not (officially) supported.

Thanks.  I should clarify - I saw one partial statement in the batbook (4th edition) stating: "BODY=BINARYMIME might be an option in the future."  That's why I was confused.

> in the sendmail source code --
> as there are no matches, there's no support.

Thanks for the confirmation.  That's helpful to know.
0
Mike